They Stole Max's Brain! Speculation Thread!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I think it was confirmed we go to the museum this episode.

Looking forward to it.
    Not really much to add on the rest...
  • edited May 2010
    Sam was able to use Hugh Bliss psychic power items. He probable has some power,but not as much as Max.
  • edited May 2010
    Andorxor wrote: »
    Sam was able to use Hugh Bliss psychic power items. He probable has some power,but not as much as Max.

An interesting point, but the problem is that Hugh Bliss' talismans seemed to work with everyone who used them. The Toys of Power only work with those who already possess psychic capabilities.

Still, there's something fishy about Sam when it comes to this. He can see Max's Future Visions "somehow" after all, although that could be because Max wants him to. I think we have as likely as not a chance of getting further elaboration on this enigma.
  • edited May 2010
    An interesting point, but the problem is that Hugh Bliss' talismans seemed to work with everyone who used them. The Toys of Power only work with those who already possess psychic capabilities.

Still, there's something fishy about Sam when it comes to this. He can see Max's Future Visions "somehow" after all, although that could be because Max wants him to. I think we have as likely as not a chance of getting further elaboration on this enigma.

maybe sam and max think so much alike that the toys are confused.
  • edited May 2010

That is, until it's answered in episode 5, somehow..if at all.
  • edited May 2010
    Hugh Bliss is alien so he could have one and Yost it power to make the talismans so Hugh noose
  • edited May 2010
    ps hahaha pun
  • edited May 2010
    Sam clones more like relives or ans esters how shed Sammun-Mak was one guy or homespun may be Mak Brain was puld out and took their names Sammun-Mak to it and van then their name's:( history is written bye the wines ps he killd sammun
  • Skunka'pe was sucked into the Office Penal Zone while holding them, so I doubt it.

If Sam and Max could steal their recording contract from their past selves without the time stream falling apart, I'm pretty sure they could get the Toys of Power back from The Penal Zone. It's not like they attached a bomb to Skunka'pe's back before he got sucked in.
  • edited May 2010

Do you know? All the Hats and Moustaches in Maximus' mind get to me think for a while Sameth was also a construct of Maximus' Mind =P. Even with the movie, considering that reels are part of the Maximus' Powers and probably told the story the way Maximus thought was.

Of course, I suddenly remember the Skeletons and that it.
  • edited May 2010
    If Sam and Max could steal their recording contract from their past selves without the time stream falling apart, I'm pretty sure they could get the Toys of Power back from The Penal Zone. It's not like they attached a bomb to Skunka'pe's back before he got sucked in.

In you look closely during the end of 301 you'll that the toys get stuck at the left side of the portal, could explain why in the scene afterward Skun'ka-Pe wasn't holding onto them.
  • edited May 2010
    The skeletons of Sameth and Maximus did it! They are hundred-year-old liches who need the brain to let Papierwaite out of the box.
  • edited May 2010

It seems that the powers can be "shared". Similarly, Skun'ka-pe doesn't seem to be able to use the toys himself, but when Gordon is regenerated, he can see future vision (presumably because Gordon used it and shared with him).
    Now that Gordon is re-dead, I guess a new brain was needed, although I wonder who took it if Skun'ka-pe is still in the Penal Zone. Could be his crew though, or he managed to escape or something.
  • edited May 2010
    I stake my bet that it's Sal. I played Episode 1 again, and it struck me easily to find out that Stinky's letter was not from Skun'k-ape but another inhuman monster. "S" mentions "phase 2", what could this all be? It's big and it must have something to do with The Devil's Toybox.

Another thing that sets off that Sal is the villian is that the title cards have a say in this.

Who was the villian in Episode 1?
    episode1.png

Who was the villian in Episode 2?
    episode2.png

And who do you think is coming in Episode 3?
    episode3.png

Maybe Telltale shouldn't have put the Episodes "villians" in the title cards this time.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    It seems that the powers can be "shared". Similarly, Skun'ka-pe doesn't seem to be able to use the toys himself, but when Gordon is regenerated, he can see future vision (presumably because Gordon used it and shared with him).
    Now that Gordon is re-dead, I guess a new brain was needed, although I wonder who took it if Skun'ka-pe is still in the Penal Zone. Could be his crew though, or he managed to escape or something.

That seems to be the most likely explanation. I still have my suspicions, but unless we're missing something, everything you've said is consistent with how the powers have also worked between Sam and Max so far.

Your next point reminds me ... if Gordon was revived once, what would prevent Sam from going back to the ship and -- provided the right equipment -- doing it again? Unless Gordon was only "mostly dead" the first time, but killed off for good the second.
  • edited May 2010
    Your next point reminds me ... if Gordon was revived once, what would prevent Sam from going back to the ship and -- provided the right equipment -- doing it again? Unless Gordon was only "mostly dead" the first time, but killed off for good the second.

The first time he might have died due to the absence of fluid. The second time though it seems that the demon broth was actually hurting him, if I recall.
  • edited May 2010
    The first time he might have died due to the absence of fluid. The second time though it seems that the demon broth was actually hurting him, if I recall.

Good point. And yeah, something seemed to be wrong with the demon broth, and having to expend all that psychic energy on Skun-ka'pe's behalf wasn't helping matters, either. I think there's still some wiggle room to work with here, though.
  • edited May 2010

Could always take the train to Hell since Gordon's been tainted by the demon broth. On another note, I really want to see the huge-headed platypus.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Another thing that sets off that Sal is the villian is that the title cards have a say in this.

[...]

Maybe Telltale shouldn't have put the Episodes "villians" in the title cards this time.

Read the entire thread. There's a surprise for you in there. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    The way I see it is that in The Penal Zone, the teleportation power worked on anyone Max was touching, so I don't see any reason that this can't extend to the other Toys of Power. Maybe not ones like Psychic Ventriloquism or the Rhinoplasty, but it's certainly possible with the perception-based ones like Future Vision, Mind Reading, and Astral Projection, or with the movement-based ones like the Can of Nuts. No, I think Sam's only power is the power of his friendship with Max.

And now I'm going to have to hurt myself for making that awful joke.
  • edited May 2010
    "One cookie on the Narrator having stolen Max's brain. Just look at his last scene before it gets stolen, and his scene immediately after."

The scene gave me the exact same feeling. And I had him in mind as the main villain from the very start. Though Yog Soggoth might be an option for the main villain now, too.

What makes you so sure Yog Soggoth isn't the Narrator's name?
  • edited May 2010
    Some questions:

What happened to the flagship?
    Where are the moles from episode 301, they just kinda vanished after pointing on the skeletons?
    Was the Narrator wearing some kind of a cape?
    Where is Papierwitte, he wasn't sucked in to the toy box he was just blown away?
    Max has a brain?!?!?
    I'm done... :D
  • edited May 2010
    Some questions:

What happened to the flagship?
    Where are the moles from episode 301, they just kinda vanished after pointing on the skeletons?
    Was the Narrator wearing some kind of a cape?
    Where is Papierwitte, he wasn't sucked in to the toy box he was just blown away?
    Max has a brain?!?!?
    I'm done... :D

1. It's still there.
    2. They're probably still around.
    3. I don't think so.
    4. He's inside the toybox.
    5. Of course Max has a brain.
  • edited May 2010
    My guess: Doctor Momma Bosco invents an artificial brain that keeps Max's body alive (and lets Sam remotely control it ... OK OK I was thinking of "Spock's Brain" ...) and Max's brain is put inside a ...

... pod to be used as a controler for the Toys of Power.

or

... Giant Battle Robot!
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, and someone saw that future vision on 1 about Sam walking like a zombie saying something(I can't remember =p)?Maybe it got something to do with the next.... or not.....
    I still wonder how someone sneaked behind max =p, or maybe someone take him out from the front, because max was woth a strange look on his face, maybe it was the reaction from seeing the guy who killed him or something =p
    (And I'm still waiting for Bosco, Bluster Blaster and Sybil to return, the game it's just strange without them)
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, and someone saw that future vision on 1 about Sam walking like a zombie saying something(I can't remember =p)?

he mentioned skun kape the 2nd or somthing.
  • edited May 2010
    maxbot 9000 retunes ps it a gees
  • Iryon wrote: »
    My guess: Doctor Momma Bosco invents an artificial brain that keeps Max's body alive (and lets Sam remotely control it ... OK OK I was thinking of "Spock's Brain" ...) and Max's brain is put inside a ...

or

... Giant Battle Robot!

Well, there's a lot of fun being poked at sci-fi films, so I don't see why Telltale wouldn't choose that time to make a reference.
  • edited May 2010
    Iryon wrote: »

or

... Giant Battle Robot!

OR... He could just borrow Gordon for a while.
  • edited May 2010
    he mentioned skun kape the 2nd or somthing.

No... that was when he was in the future and Max told to him that. Or something like that.

The Sam's like a zombie, he was saying something about toys.
  • edited May 2010
    I think he was saying ''must build toys'' or something like that.
  • edited May 2010
    Must prepare the toys.
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    The Sam's like a zombie, he was saying something about toys.

I think that's got to be in 304, or 305. It's a Yogg-Soggoth thing, only people who finished Episode 2 would understand.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, to remind you guys of a quote from Episode 1:

"I'm not gonna rest until I find the guy who killed my partner!"

That's gotta be a reference to Max, as he's brainDEAD.

Also, in the Devil's Playhouse trailer, you see Sam and Max cowering from that cockroach thing, and he's the icon in "They Stole Max's Brain!", so it's not a Sam-only episode.
  • edited May 2010
    Also, in the Devil's Playhouse trailer, you see Sam and Max cowering from that cockroach thing, and he's the icon in "They Stole Max's Brain!", so it's not a Sam-only episode.

I want to point out this picture:

mi104_guybrush_and_elaine.jpg

In the game, the characters were not at that location. So it's possible they did the same thing for the trailer.
    So hopefully it will be a Sam-only Episode, I've waiting for one ever since the end of
    Culture Shock
  • edited May 2010
    Well the trailer for the season featured a shot of Paperweight in Mrs. Bosco's lab (though some people here still believe we might see him again).
  • edited May 2010
    kane wrote: »
    maxbot 9000 retunes ps it a gees

I think I prefer the MAIMTRON-M-A-X
  • edited May 2010
    I thought Paiperwaite was just killed by Yog Soggoth, because after it happend Maximus said something along the lines of "That was gruesome", or perhaps he was just reffering to Yog Soggoth.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I thought Paiperwaite was just killed by Yog Soggoth, because after it happend Maximus said something along the lines of "That was gruesome", or perhaps he was just reffering to Yog Soggoth.

It's about high time someone died and stayed dead in Sam & Max.
    Lest the Soda Poppers return! ;)
  • edited May 2010

Or perhaps he got hit with a deadly curse, a-la "Raiders of the Lost Ark."
Sign in to comment in this discussion.