Wiiware Release

Comments

• edited August 2010
    After Puzzle Agent failed to appear on WiiWare today, I took the plunge on the PC version. Wanted to play it on my TV with the Wii Remote, but ultimately the PC version is probably the definitive version. May still pick it up on Wiiware sometime.
  • edited August 2010
    Darkmire wrote: »
    After Puzzle Agent failed to appear on WiiWare today, I took the plunge on the PC version. Wanted to play it on my TV with the Wii Remote, but ultimately the PC version is probably the definitive version. May still pick it up on Wiiware sometime.

Aww... you ended your lurking streak just a couple months before you hit 2 years. :(
  • edited August 2010
    Such a long lurking period
  • edited August 2010
    Aww... you ended your lurking streak just a couple months before you hit 2 years. :(

Wow, I had no idea that I never posted. I swore I posted something after preordering Tales of Monkey Island in that Private Pirates Club. And I'm not much of a lurker. I've just checked out the forum a couple times because of threads shown in the game launchers. Okay now off to play Puzzle Agent, like I was supposed to. :p
  • edited August 2010
    Darkmire wrote: »

if i where to buy puzzle agent on the pc(also tempted to) it would be announced that it is coming out tomarrow(even if wiiware updates only on mondays in america it would be my luck for nintendo to be alright and post it on any other day.)
  • edited September 2010
    When will be launched ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(
  • edited September 2010
    Played the demo, LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Telltale, don't keep me waiting much longer.....well, then again I do have to save up 10 bucks cause I just blew my money on The Devil's Playhouse DVD :)
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    cosgrove_cut_it_out.gif
  • edited September 2010
    So, I must once again ask how much into production is puzzle agent in.
  • edited October 2010
    Bump. Any news?
  • edited October 2010
    Are they keeping quiet of this, has the Ios port happened yet?
  • edited October 2010
    Darkblader wrote: »
    has the Ios port happened yet?

Yes.
  • edited October 2010
    Darkblader wrote: »
    Are they keeping quiet of this, has the Ios port happened yet?

If IOS means Ipod touch, then yes, and its a dollar. my friend bought the Ipod version and loved it(and he actually isnt that big of a fan of telltale the only other game he would think of is poker night since he likes tf2) so I am still waiting for the wiiware version.
  • edited October 2010
    Seeing how the Ipod Touch version is out. What has it reached for the sales?
  • edited October 2010
    Can somebody at least confirm at what stage of development its in? Are you still ironing out bugs, porting it over, or has it already been sent in for approval?
  • edited October 2010
    Could be sent for approval. Nintendo's approval process is a long one.
  • edited October 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    Could be sent for approval. Nintendo's approval process is a long one.

Yeah I remember strong bad being delayed for a good month because of the submission process.

I hope the submission process is almost done, I played it on my friends Ipod and it is AWESOME! There was a perfect blend from easy to hard puzzles. And by easy, i mean the cryptic puzzle(I think it was that one)
    Either way telltale, please tell us if it has been submitted yet.
  • edited October 2010
    I wonder if they'll release in time for Halloween... Probably not, but it would be awesome if they did....
  • edited October 2010
    Awesome5 wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll release in time for Halloween... Probably not, but it would be awesome if they did....

Well they would get 2 shots to do so.
  • edited October 2010
    Sorry, but this is getting frustrating. Can anybody from Telltale please confirm the stage it's in please and why it's taking so long? I mean, the wiiware versions of Strong Bad and Tales all came out within at most a month of the PC release. Now we're approaching the third month from Puzzle Agent's release and you can count the information we have on the wiiware release on Strong Bad's glove. So, what's up?
  • edited October 2010
    plese!!!!!! i'm beggin you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    colin0906 wrote: »
    Please!!!!!! I'm begging you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed.
  • edited October 2010
    Well I just preorderd back to the future, and the offer i honestly think was for puzzle agent wiiware waiters. Shame, although now I have 1,000 wii points which I had saved for this to spend.
  • edited October 2010
    I wonder if they cancelled it.
  • edited November 2010
    Awesome5 wrote: »
    I wonder if they cancelled it.

They probabally need to fix some stuff to bring it upto Nintendo's Standards. Online distribution like this is a pain without a contract.
  • edited December 2010
    I've given up. My points will be spent on something worthwhile, more-so than a game delayed half a year from original release without an explanation. I'll most likely only be back if there's a SBCG4AP 2. Not trying to be melodramatic or anything, just disappointed.
  • edited December 2010
    BadStrong wrote: »
    I've given up. My points will be spent on something worthwhile, more-so than a game delayed half a year from original release without an explanation. I'll most likely only be back if there's a SBCG4AP 2. Not trying to be melodramatic or anything, just disappointed.

Yeah I had my points saved for it, but I just gave up with the back to the future deal and spent my points on mario kart 64.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm going to use these points on Super Meat Boy instead.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale has decided not to go with this...
  • edited December 2010
    http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

I was quite looking forward to this release. Looks like my 1000 wii points are going to Paper Mario on Virtual Console.....
  • edited December 2010
    http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

I was quite looking forward to this release. Looks like my 1000 wii points are going to Paper Mario on Virtual Console.....

Hey get mario kart 64.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Hey get mario kart 64.

I'm sorry, but even with my nostalgia for MK64, I still think that Paper Mario is way better.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sorry, but even with my nostalgia for MK64, I still think that Paper Mario is way better.

Hmpf.
  • edited December 2010
    gickrcom_b54f29b7-badc-8ac4-79b6-fb7fa580dfc4.gif
  • edited December 2010
    gickrcom_b54f29b7-badc-8ac4-79b6-fb7fa580dfc4.gif

Its not a flame war.
    Its a paper vs turtle shell war.
  • edited December 2010
    So any official confirmation on whether or not it's coming?
  • edited December 2010
    Paper Mario and Mario Kart 64 are both excellent titles. I'd probably call both of them "must-own" without hesitation, although if you've already played the originals, then you could probably get by without them on the VC, and if you were to choose one I think the deciding factor would be whether you use the Wii more for single-player (in which case Paper Mario is the best choice, as an enjoyably replayable breezy RPG) or multi-player (in which case Mario Kart 64 is the obvious choice, as it is Mario Kart).

But yeah, weird how long this has taken, relative to the iOS version.
  • edited December 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Weird how long this has taken, relative to the iOS version.

Yeah, heck they ported Tales of Monkey Island chapter 1 for ipad faster than this, and they didnt even announce this, they just flat out said its out.
  • edited December 2010
    Problem with Nintendo and digital download games is the size restriction is a big issue. There is hardly any room on the console itself so the big N places the bar high on what size the game can be, meaning that Telltale has to extract it down quite a bit or they can't post it. Puzzle Agent on Steam is 295 MB which is more than half of the space on the Wii. Too big to put up as Wiiware, too small to sell it as retail.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.