The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• A Road Worn 60s Fender Stratocaster.
  • edited June 2012
    2 Samsung 32gb Class 10 Micro SD cards (with adapter)

£40

(£20 x 2)

At £20 each I thought it was a pretty good buy. (I have a lot of devices that could take advantage of them! :D)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    An engagement ring.

Congratulations Fawful. Be sure to let us know how/when you ask her!
    What? But... that's like you seeing her in her dress before the wedding! YOU DON'T DO THAT!

I would rather like to choose my own ring, but I'd want the proposal to be a total surprise.

Actually the way a friend did it was good. He chose the diamond and had it put in a temporary setting for the proposal so it would all be a surprise, but he and his wife plan to design their own permanent setting (and wedding rings) together.

Throwing my hat in the ring, here. Comrade Mortis and I are going shopping for our wedding rings together, when we can. So there's that.

I think it's a lovely thing to shop for wedding bands together... seems like the kind of thing that should be shared.
  • edited June 2012
    I bought kid Icarus uprising today. It's awesome.
  • edited June 2012
    signature_Amz.jpg

Mario Kart 7 for my son (Nintendo's AAA titles take forever to come down in price) and Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for another son and myself (it will also never come down in price because it was limited quantity).

I usually have a pretty high patience level for most items unless they rarely go on sale, etc. The only problem is that I have no self control for items that are on sale (when it is a good sale).
  • edited June 2012
    gamingindiegamethemovie.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    I usually have a pretty high patience level for most items unless they rarely go on sale, etc. The only problem is that I have no self control for items that are on sale (when it is a good sale).
    Hello person with identical set of values to myself, how are you today? :)

Crisps. Last bought crisps. And they were YUMMY.
  • edited June 2012

You know, they recently determined that a specific biochemical agent is responsible for triggering whether or not you decide buy something. I'm not even making this up. There's a counter chemical that makes you decide the price is too high.
  • edited June 2012
    You know, they recently determined that a specific biochemical agent is responsible for triggering whether or not you decide buy something. I'm not even making this up. There's a counter chemical that makes you decide the price is too high.
    Not that I disbelieve you or anything, but I'm gonna need proof of that. :)
  • edited June 2012
    Not that I disbelieve you or anything, but I'm gonna need proof of that. :)

I'll have to get back to you on that. I seem to have misplaced the article somehow. I'm trying to find it, but I'm finding that when you type "marketing" and "chemical" into Google, most of the results don't pertain to chemicals that reflect the ability to purchase. I had a hard copy of it, but given the state of my room, it might as well have been tossed into a chasm or something.

However, I can say that reading about this chemical didn't really surprise me much. It's a fairly common process in biological systems that for certain actions there is a promoter and an inhibitor chemical. I'd say that it's likely this "purchase" chemical had its origins in something related to risk taking maneuvers and merely is applied to yet another potential risk when we contemplate whether or not to buy something.

It's things like this that really make me think that organic computers would work really well if we could get the hardware ironed out.
  • edited June 2012
    See, I'm more inclined to believe it's part of our personality or upbringing than a chemical, which is why I'm asking for a link. It's not that I disbelieve you, it's that I'm genuinely interested to see the research into this and the facts backing it up.
  • edited June 2012
    mario_n3ds_case_big_1.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    See, I'm more inclined to believe it's part of our personality or upbringing than a chemical, which is why I'm asking for a link. It's not that I disbelieve you, it's that I'm genuinely interested to see the research into this and the facts backing it up.

Well, when you really think about it, your personality is ultimately based on chemicals.
  • edited June 2012
    Well, when you really think about it, your personality is ultimately based on chemicals.

That explains a lot about the various people I know.
  • edited June 2012
    New Civilisation V expansion.

Green Man Gaming had 25% off it.

I also had £1 credit.

£14.30 for it was a good price, and I know I'll enjoy it! :D
  • edited June 2012
    £14.30 for it was a good price, and I know I'll enjoy it! :D

You know I payed 5,99€ for the GOTY Edition of the base game. 14 pounds for the expansion still seem to be a lot in comparison.
  • edited June 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    You know I payed 5,99€ for the GOTY Edition of the base game. 14 pounds for the expansion still seem to be a lot in comparison.

Heh. I guess so.

But I really had a lot of genuine fun with Civilisation V (didn't play it much, but when I did, I spent HOURS on it!), and I know when this expansion comes out I'll play it eagerly! :D
  • edited June 2012
    444776183451ecfb6b35e359f53d221533c7fc90.png
    b57ef2dcbadc630a7268a26b0d8642051af387d1.png
    bd3d66d906e67904100621cb04b586427662e213.png
    807de4d52640979039578e58c99480b994a8258a.png
    df7f9202c2aeb88f3d641292847c4cb843a5c370.png
    1f2d28315b74c99dcf89e8ba21f6476b62586503.png
    f32caa586b827b5456d3427c36ea5ede7a83941a.jpg
    02da269490495ba3b390ea1d78b0b69177d62bc3.jpg
    Eh.
  • edited June 2012
    Aaaaand Fawful wins the thread. Again.
  • edited June 2012
    250px-Legobatman2.jpg

Pre-Ordered at Gamestop. God damn it, Lego, why must you drain my bank account?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2012
    12er_Warm_Grey.JPG

Cheapest markers ever. And the quality is actually OK...
  • edited June 2012
    home_bundles-junebug-or8.png
    NO REGRETS.
  • edited June 2012
    3ds-mario-bundle.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    0Eoaa.jpg

gonna get it embroidered next time i didney worl
  • edited June 2012
    Fuck yes, Oswald.
  • edited June 2012
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    0Eoaa.jpg

How? How I did...you get those..because I want to get a pair.
  • edited June 2012
    Technically I last bought Tex Murphy: Project Fedora. REALLY need to play the previous games, but hey, it's not as if I'm short of time, right?
  • edited June 2012
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    0Eoaa.jpg

3odl69.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    Hush03-1.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    Icedhope wrote: »
    How? How I did...you get those..because I want to get a pair.

Ebay.
  • edited June 2012
    3odl69.jpg

this.
  • edited June 2012
    Pre-Registration for Otakon.
  • edited June 2012
    100149_s0.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    Someone's on a Batman kick.

As for me...
    header_292x136.jpg?t=1331230486
  • edited June 2012
    Someone's on a Batman kick.

As for me...
    header_292x136.jpg?t=1331230486
    I would HATE to see your Steam budget.
  • edited June 2012
    I would HATE to see your Steam budget.
    It was on sale! Can you blame me?
  • edited June 2012
    It was on sale! Can you blame me?
    Yes! Things are on sale EVERY SINGLE DAY. According to steam, you've played LESS THAN 10% OF THE GAMES YOU OWN.
  • edited June 2012
    Yes! Things are on sale EVERY SINGLE DAY. According to steam, you've played LESS THAN 10% OF THE GAMES YOU OWN.
    Quit spying on me, perv.

:p

I am a sucker for a good sale. I don't think I'm alone in this. And I was actually interested in this one though, so it seemed worth it. I am trying to cut down though. I don't always buy stuff just because it's on sale. It does have to interest me, y'know. And if I may get on my high horse for a second, who are you to judge how I spend MY money?

...could someone help me down from this horse? It's higher than I thought it was...
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2012
    ...could someone help me down from this horse? It's higher than I thought it was...

KJTJO.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    dLfCG.png
Sign in to comment in this discussion.