The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Fair enough. One's definitely better than the other though..!

I assumed so when I got it. :p
  • edited May 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    I assumed so when I got it. :p
    Well that's OK then. :D
  • edited May 2012
    The best game I bought this year.

81YDPT1VD1L.gif

and the second one too.
  • edited May 2012
    This:

cbed_35.JPG
    Well, the wig anyway.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Friar wrote: »
    Well, the wig anyway.

Is that for everyday wear, or will you save it for Sunday best?
  • edited May 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Is that for everyday wear, or will you save it for Sunday best?

"Wild Nights"?
  • edited May 2012
    A new computer keyboard! Ahhhhhhhhh, I can feel the old key stickiness fade away.....

OK, it's not a $200 gamer keyboard with gold-plated connectors and skull-shaped keys on it, but I actually bought three of them. Keyboard changeouts all over!
  • edited May 2012

Okay, that looks effing awesome. I'll take two.
  • edited May 2012

That's exactly the kind of game that leaves me stone cold and yet that trailer was the easily the best thing since sliced bread...

...WANT!!!
    edited May 2012
    Grilled salmon and "rainbow chard" slaw.

Attachment not found.

I bet the other kinds of chard tease rainbow chard all the time for having such a hippie name.
  • edited May 2012
    A candle. This candle.
    edited May 2012
    A candle. This candle.

Does it smell like gunpowder?
  • edited May 2012

Gntsa.gif

Actually, I have no idea. I should hope it does.
  • edited May 2012

I would have assumed that it was napalm scented. Afterall, Comrade Pants loves the smell of napalm in the morning!
  • edited May 2012
    l_12303709_001.jpg

AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M (1.5 GHz, 2.4 GHz TurboBoost)
    - 1333 MHz
    - 4 MB L2 cache memory

RAM 8 GB (2 x 4 GB)
    DDR3

Hard drive 750 GB
    - SATA
    - 5400 RPM

I think all that means its a good laptop. At lest it better be for the cash I paid.:p
    edited May 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    I think all that means its a good laptop. At lest it better be for the cash I paid.:p

Is that a 17" screen on that thing?
  • edited May 2012
    It's 15.6".
  • edited May 2012
    Very decent. I'm assuming that's with the 6520G too.
  • edited May 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    Very decent. I'm assuming that's with the 6520G too.

Yh it says its a AMD Radeon HD 6520G Discrete-Class under graphic card. It cost me £400 but everyone told me it was a bargin and my current laptop broke so I needed it. :p
  • edited May 2012
    It's a fair price(at least here, converts to $620). Not a big sale, but you didn't overpay either. Depends who you ask, some people are deathly against HP. Myself, I like them and have never had a hardware issue with their products. This purchase gets my approval.

The low end of the computer is the processor(spec-wise, not the product itself)...which is still better than my laptop and I haven't had any real gaming issues with it.
  • edited May 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    It's a fair price(at least here, converts to $620). Not a big sale, but you didn't overpay either. Depends who you ask, some people are deathly against HP. Myself, I like them and have never had a hardware issue with their products. This purchase gets my approval.

The low end of the computer is the processor(spec-wise, not the product itself)...which is still better than my laptop and I haven't had any real gaming issues with it.

Thanks :D. All I ever do on my laptop is play games or use MSN Youtube and google so it sounds like it will more then suit my needs.
  • edited May 2012
    Stacking.
  • edited May 2012
    An ice cream. :D
    edited May 2012
    An ice cream. :D

Pics!
  • edited May 2012
    Pics!
    Can't - ate it. Here's what it DID look like pre-nomming:

icecream.jpg

(or it may have looked like this, I forget)
  • edited May 2012
    Star_Ocean_Second_Evolution.jpg

Star Ocean - Second Evolution

£12.50

(£10 + £2.50 postage from CEX)

Have the first game, and I was playing it today, and WOW!

I think I've fallen in love with Star Ocean: First Departure.

Sure I got careless and died and lost a chunk of save, but it just looks so nice and plays so well I had to greedily get the second game as well onto my glorious PSP! :D

The PSP has so many great PS1 remakes on it, its pretty ridiculous.

Was tempted to get Breath of Fire 3 remake, but decided against it.
    (I can cope with the PSX version on my PSP at the moment, and it matches better with the PSX version of Breath of Fire 4 I have on there as well! :D)
  • edited May 2012
    eefc_genius_billionaire.jpg

ThinkGeek has them this weekend only!
  • edited May 2012
    Beer and food.
    edited May 2012
    Beer and food.

Me too!

Attachment not found.

Local Bahamian fish (snapper) and local beer. So good.
  • edited May 2012
    Me too!

[Deelishus fewd and lokal booze]

That does look good. All I have is groceries and Tsingtao. So...

Three cheers for Chinese booze and a personal pizza, eh? Eh?
  • edited May 2012
    eefc_genius_billionaire.jpg

ThinkGeek has them this weekend only!

Damn. I'm so tempted to get this. But I wouldn't be able to wear it because I don't really fit ANY of those categories. And they don't have my size.
  • edited May 2012
    936full-max-payne-cover.jpg

844_932039.jpg

maxpayne3_coverart2.jpg

Also got the soundtrack with Max Payne 3...it's kind of a twisted little collection of lullabies that ease my trouble mind into sleep.
  • edited May 2012
    Me too!

Attachment not found.

That looks so awesome. Damn my under 21- ness!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAElG99CaC0kSAAF2SpTrVCOYZjztopoMO0xgAIBZq12GBHb89Qw

I just hope this gives me some new ideas and lets me churn out more ART this year.

Next up:

1528.jpg

But money's tight this month. I bought too much STUFFS, which is... unlike me.
  • edited May 2012
    Damn. I'm so tempted to get this. But I wouldn't be able to wear it because I don't really fit ANY of those categories. And they don't have my size.
    Come on, Alcore. We all know how much of a playboy you are, you don't need to hide it. ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Come on, Alcore. We all know how much of a playboy you are, you don't need to hide it. ;)

Scary thoughts... in brain... WHY, BRAIN!? WHY!?
  • edited May 2012
    I was attending a pop culture convention this weekend. Browsing through an old book dealer, I spotted a weathered magazine with the title of "LA PETITE ILLUSTRATION". On it, there was a still from the movie Metropolis.

WYprn.jpg

The dealer lit up when he noticed my interest and started getting excited by the fact that someone my age was interested in Metropolis, he took it out of its sleeve and showed me the pictures within. It had illustrations from scenes that, until the recent restoration, was lost. He had gotten it from a 90 year old French man who knew his grandchildren wouldn't appreciate his collection. The price written on it was 575. He offered it for 450 to me.

It was a hard choice, but the next day I did it. I haggled down to 425 and got it. It was a difficult purchase to make, but I did it because it just calling out to me. He told me to treasure it and never let it go because it was something really special.

I got home and looked up copies for sale.

Welp. I think I made a good purchase. I'm keeping this close to my heart. :)
  • edited May 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    That looks so awesome. Damn my under 21- ness!

Legal drinking age in the Bahamas is 18, so unless you have under 18-ness, don't let that stop you.
  • edited May 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    Legal drinking age in the Bahamas is 18, so unless you have under 18-ness, don't let that stop you.

Don't let under 21 stop you, either. It's a shitty, arbitrary law. Just like marijuana prohibition. Drink up, comrade. Who's going to stop you?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.