Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    I blame Jake, he never does anything for the fans! He just sits around reading comments and laughing at our cries as he fans himself with Season 3 Soundtrack CD's. :D

He's not doing that!

He's fanning himself with the character model sheets for the Back to the Future games. Those generate more wind.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I really hope that the time between season's end and soundtrack release is put to use with a thorough re-mixing of the tracks. But then again, I also hope that JEJ's efforts are now exclusively focused on the BTTF soundtrack (He'll be awesome :D ). Hope to see that lifesign from TDP OST soon!
  • edited November 2010
    I really hope that the time between season's end and soundtrack release is put to use with a thorough re-mixing of the tracks. But then again, I also hope that JEJ's efforts are now exclusively focused on the BTTF soundtrack (He'll be awesome :D ). Hope to see that lifesign from TDP OST soon!

Didn't he supply the audio for the Poker Night trailer? It sounds like something he would put together.

*still sits and waits for the TDP OST* :(
  • edited November 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    This.
  • edited November 2010

Seconded. I sort of thought it would be available by now. :(
  • edited November 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Seconded. I sort of thought it would be available by now. :(

That would be a nice Christmas Wish come true, wouldn't it?
  • edited November 2010
    *coment about the release of the soundtrack*
  • edited November 2010
    That would be a nice Christmas Wish come true, wouldn't it?

It would be a Christmas miracle.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi there Johnson-fans...

Got the first season as a gift from a friend, liked it very much. Now in the process of going through the second season.

I joined the store only so that I could order these awesome two soundtracks, that are already available.

I really hope that they are working on a soundtrack for the third season that would go along nicely with the other two that are already sitting on my shelf.

To think about the third soundtrack only coming out in form of iTunes mp3's makes me very sad. The first soundtrack was only on CDDA. The second soundtrack had mp3 extra tracks on the second CD. Normally I despise lossy codecs besides Ogg, but these mp3's were fine as they were not only in 320 CBR, but also (and more importantly) they had the full sound-spectrum with no cutoffs at high frequencies, from which mp3's normally suffer.

I really hope that the third soundtrack will not consist entirely out of these mp3's, that would be a shame / a slap in the face both of audiophiles and Jared Emerson-Johnson himself.

I also enjoyed looking at the Artwork / Covers that came along with these soundtracks, they are really well done and I think the last Season of S&M would deserve to have an equally attractive and well produced soundtrack.
  • edited November 2010
    Do I remember correctly that the opening music from Season Two is an edit of the "Freelance Panic" - track from the Season Two's Disc 1? Because I alsways thought that that track (Freelance Panic) should "act" as the opening theme for S2 on the soundtrack, although its edited in another way...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I hope this doesn't cause too much confusion, but i merged the two existing soundtrack threads in this forum. They're absolutely identical in topic. So there's actually less to bump for you. And me as well. ;)

/edit: Merged more threads into this. Can you imagine how many Season-3-soundtrack threads were opened in this forum???
  • edited November 2010
    /edit: Merged more threads into this. Can you imagine how many Season-3-soundtrack threads were opened in this forum???

There being so many of these threads must prove to Telltale how much we all need the OST of season 3!
  • edited November 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    There being so many of these threads must prove to Telltale how much we all need the OST of season 3!

Yeah. Volume speaks loudly, especially when it's turned to 11.
  • edited November 2010
    Totally keen on a soundtrack :)
  • edited November 2010
    Malleys wrote: »

Yay! Thanks for these links :D
    They still aren't the Noir Sam Themes but these will certanly do!
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't think there will be an official release of the opening credits arrangement. I'll see if i can get you one for both seasons outside a soundtrack though. :)

But please tell me whether there will be a song of the S3 opening credits like you did with "Freelance Panic" in S2.

And thank you for the S2/S3 opening credit edits. Any chance that you could provide them in Lossless?

PS: Yes, I am an audiophile nerd. :D
  • edited November 2010
    *continues waiting* :(
  • edited November 2010
    C'mon, Telltale, how hard is it to press some more soundtrack CDs? Doesn't require any developer time. Don't you want more of my money?
  • edited November 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    C'mon, Telltale, how hard is it to press some more soundtrack CDs? Doesn't require any developer time. Don't you want more of my money?

Actually, it does require more developer time. Some tracks will be added to, some re-recorded to be made better. BUT I REALLY WANT IT, EVEN AS-IS WILL DO, SO LONG AS IT HAS GOOD ARTWORK!
  • edited November 2010
    As long as the artwork matches that of the Season One & Two soundtracks, I'm happy.
  • edited November 2010
    Actually, it does require more developer time. Some tracks will be added to, some re-recorded to be made better. BUT I REALLY WANT IT, EVEN AS-IS WILL DO, SO LONG AS IT HAS GOOD ARTWORK!

That's more of a time issue for Jared than for any of the developers. Remember, developers don't make the music. Jared does.
  • edited November 2010
    PimPamPet wrote: »
    As long as the artwork matches that of the Season One & Two soundtracks, I'm happy.

I'm sure Steve Purcell could whip something together. He's notorious for being a fast drawer from what the Pixar Short Films Audio Commentary implies.
  • edited November 2010
    Whooaaaa, opening edits ahoy!

Season 2
    Season 3

Thank you Jake

PS Reminder to myself to hang out in the forums more, only just discovered these while wondering where the S3 soundtrack was.
  • edited November 2010
    Status is: Nothing is announced, but hopefully eventually you guys wont need to rip the content out of our gamses anymore :P

Not that I have ripped the music yet (didn't know it was possible; and given the tool requires Windows its unlikely) BUT know that if I do its because I love the music, I have bought S1 & S2 CD's and will buy S3 as soon as its available (and should a CD appear for W&G or TOMI I'd also buy them; just saying)
  • edited November 2010
    At this point, I'm hoping the soundtrack is part of their 30 Days of Christmas Deal.

And this is why I hate being optimistic about something, because I have this looming dread that I'm wrong.
  • edited November 2010
    At this point, I'm hoping the soundtrack is part of their 30 Days of Christmas Deal.

I wondered if they would do that myself, but really it doesn't look likely. If they did do it though, it would be a christmas wish come true! :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2010
    That it would.
  • edited December 2010
    I really hope they will do the cd music soundtrack sooner or later, I personally love the season 3 soundtrack :D

for now I've just brought the season 2 cd, and I hope it will reach italy safe :)
    (I've done my order in the 26/9 and it's still in progress oò)

Edit:
    oh god...
    I can't wait for it :
    Letting Go

xd
  • edited December 2010
    they miss the credit end of episode 1 to 4
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Vyse220 wrote: »
    Edit:
    oh god...
    I can't wait for it :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izZ8ozTDf4E

xd

Wow, nice fan art in that video. It's bluesy and noirish. :) Me likey
  • edited December 2010
    Wow, nice fan art in that video. It's bluesy and noirish. :) Me likey

It's not mine, I've took it in the forum, page 80-> of the fan art topic if I remember correctly

MaxBrain
    Bosco Lab. Street
    MaxStomach
  • edited December 2010
    Can anybody upload the street's songs of 301 and the Noir Sam Theme?
  • edited December 2010
    Malleys wrote: »
    Can anybody upload the street's songs of 301 and the Noir Sam Theme?

Yup, I really want those too! :(
  • edited December 2010
    Tomorrow I'll upload the street's song, but the noir sam is missing in the music
    StreetCs1
    StreetB (... I'm the only one that thinks this music is similar to one of GrimFandango? oò)
  • edited December 2010
    Could someone out there upload the music from Sammun-Mak's throne room, and the music for the Disorient Express?

Also, I'm kind of surprised no one's done it yet, but if it's possible to get the music from the Charlie Ho-tep fight (the funky demonic piano medley from climbing the Statue of Liberty) I'd love you forever and give you a cookie.
  • edited December 2010
    I prefer the music of the fight against him, is very epic.
  • edited December 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Also, I'm kind of surprised no one's done it yet, but if it's possible to get the music from the Charlie Ho-tep fight (the funky demonic piano medley from climbing the Statue of Liberty) I'd love you forever and give you a cookie.

That mix is used in a few scenes during that so choosing one track, you're not gonna hear it all, but putting them all up, you'll hear the variants but also a lot of repeating parts.

The files are:
    cs_env_statueofliberty_cs_tofinalpuzzle_1.ogg
    action_statueoflibertybattle.ogg
    cs_env_statueofliberty_cs_finale_2.ogg

The Charlie Ho-Tep fight is of course action_statueoflibertybattle.ogg, which includes the piano medley but the flying to the top of the statue of Liberty mix of it is cs_env_statueofliberty_cs_tofinalpuzzle_1.ogg, which includes the louder sax playing when Max is flying up.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.