Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Well people rarely wear coats with tails to catch these days
  • edited February 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    Weren't the arts for the other two made by Purcell???

That's what I remember happening with the last two soundtrack cover art. And I don't think Steve Purcell has a deviantArt account. If he does, then wow.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    If I could direct you to the upper left corner of this picture and the artist's comments :

http://needleblade.deviantart.com/#/d38h7o2

Don't know if it's official, however. Haven't asked. But it's nice to look at, at least.

Thank you, thank you so much. To think that this could be thought of as "official" is beyond my wildest imagination. Thanks for the pageviews, also. ;)

But I'm sorry, this is, again, all a fan's work (MINE), and has nothing to do with a hopefully soon release of this soundtrack (which I wanted to accelerate a little by posting fan art in here).

I was playing around with the idea a lot (and have drawn five variations), but it didn't work out in the present composition, as there was just no room left for Sam's saxophone. I have since tried a similar composition which might yet see the light of day in a finished piece. Stay tuned. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Thank you, thank you so much. To think that this could be thought of as "official" is beyond my wildest imagination. Thanks for the pageviews, also. ;)

But I'm sorry, this is, again, all a fan's work (MINE), and has nothing to do with a hopefully soon release of this soundtrack (which I wanted to accelerate a little by posting fan art in here).

I was playing around with the idea a lot (and have drawn five variations), but it didn't work out in the present composition, as there was just no room left for Sam's saxophone. I have since tried a similar composition which might yet see the light of day in a finished piece. Stay tuned. ;)

Wow! You're one hell of an artist. It really does look excellent. *Adds to Deviant watch*
  • edited February 2011
    hoptoit wrote: »
    Is there any expected time to the release of season 3 soundtrack?

Just wait. Expectation time will be announce soon.
  • edited February 2011
    In case anyone wants their season three music fix, this guy has uploaded most of the music up to "They Stole Max's Brain!" on his channel.
  • edited February 2011
    Digitel wrote: »
    Just wait. Expectation time will be announce soon.

I don't think they'll announce new merch when they announce their next series of games they plan to release. I know I've never seen a gaming company's PR ever do that before, and I doubt they will start now.
    edited February 2011
    Oh, seriously, now I'll have to finish that piece. After all, if there's a cover, how could there NOT be a soundtrack? I'm warning you all. I'll DO IT!!
  • edited February 2011
    Do it, and I bet all the pirates out there will use it as their iTunes art.:D
  • edited February 2011
    Finish it! It's amazing, and can only get better! :D
  • edited February 2011
    Which episode does this theme you're talking about plays in?
  • edited February 2011
    Well, i guess that's pretty much it then. With a whole library of titles set to come out at that big press event, I doubt we will see the Sam & Max TDP soundtrack now. :(

A shame, too, because I wanted to hear a nice flowing noir Sam track. I guess I'll have to turn to the pirates, as much as I don't want to now.
  • edited February 2011
    Player_2 wrote: »
    In case anyone wants their season three music fix, this guy has uploaded most of the music up to "They Stole Max's Brain!" on his channel.

Too bad I only want the last episodes music :3
  • edited February 2011
    Too bad I only want the last episodes music :3

It'll probably be up soon...the last time I checked, the music from "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls" had been posted.
  • edited February 2011
    I just wish they'd at least come out and say they arn't doing the soundtrack due to having too much stuff to do! Rather than having Jake come in with a sly comment even few months giving us some slight hope that we can buy it!
  • edited February 2011
    I think it's best they don't.

The mature thing to do, as consumers and fans of TTG, is to be understanding. They have five really big projects under development right now, three of which could make or break the company depending on execution and public appeal. (Especailly Walking Dead and Fables...)

Jake doesn't have to come in an say they don't have time to produce a soundtrack. We just have to be understanding that they clearlly won't have time to do any more game merch. At least for the time being.
  • edited February 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    I think it's best they don't.

The mature thing to do, as consumers and fans of TTG, is to be understanding. They have five really big projects under development right now, three of which could make or break the company depending on execution and public appeal. (Especailly Walking Dead and Fables...)

Jake doesn't have to come in an say they don't have time to produce a soundtrack. We just have to be understanding that they clearlly won't have time to do any more game merch. At least for the time being.

They weren't in agreement with all those license holders when they had the chance to release it...
  • edited February 2011
    I'll just download the soundtrack elsewhere and when they come up with the official one I'll buy it.

I'm glad TTG has so many big projects. This speaks well of the future of the company, and as I want more Sam and Max games (and others, too) this is a good thing.
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    They weren't in agreement with all those license holders when they had the chance to release it...

We don't know that. For all we know, their projects may have overlapped. Like, upon finishing The Devil's Playhouse, they were probably putting the finishing touches on BTTF. Among other things that we may not know about.
    edited February 2011
    2dmbebp.jpg

...so here's my cover, can we get the soundtrack now??
  • edited February 2011
    Imageshack PISSES ME OFF.

ANYWAY, it's so sweet! It's almost as good to make me forget about the actual soundtrack.
    edited February 2011
    ANYWAY, it's so sweet! It's almost as good to make me forget about the actual soundtrack.

That was kind of the opposite I was going for.

Changed to TinyPic, what was wrong with imageshack (apart from their new "no URL" policy)?
  • edited February 2011
    Incredible image.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF............... That's so awesome! That's getting an instant fave the second you put it on Deviant! (You will put it on deviant, won't you)?
  • edited February 2011
    That was kind of the opposite I was going for.

Changed to TinyPic, what was wrong with imageshack (apart from their new "no URL" policy)?

Forced me to register to their site since I couldn't see ANY images at all, because of living in Europe or some shit.
    edited February 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF............... That's so awesome! That's getting an instant fave the second you put it on Deviant! (You will put it on deviant, won't you)?

Thanks! In fact, your instant fav can only be number two if you hurry up. Ginny-N... fastest artist ever. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Noooooooooooooooo! How could you, Ginny-N?! :p
    edited March 2011
    This thread needs to be bumped so bad. No, I haven't given up hope completely.
  • edited March 2011
    Vainamoinen, I would pay to see how you did your coloring.
  • edited April 2011
    This thread needs to be bumped so bad. No, I haven't given up hope completely.

Your dedication is admirable. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Telltale, you can sell a Season 3 soundtrack anytime now.
  • edited April 2011
    Yup, a soundtrack would still be cool.
  • edited April 2011
    Can't we get a digital release on iTunes?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Can't we get a digital release on iTunes?

Just throwing the in game loops up on iTunes would kind of suck. At least, compared to the other soundtracks. The audio in the game is deliberately mixed to all be at a homogenized volume, with very little dynamic range between tracks and between parts in the same song. Also, many of the tracks have beginnings and ends written and performed just in case theres a soundtrack, which never get edited and mixed because they're not needed for environment loops (though some of these bits also make it into cutscenes).

To do it right, it would end up taking Jared the same amount of time it would take to do it for a CD.

That'd not to say we shouldn't do both. I investigated getting seasons one and two on iTunes years ago (Tabacco did most of the actual looking around, which gives you an idea of how long ago that was) but the project kind of fell off the radar.
  • edited April 2011
    And since Jared is now very, very busy, possibly helping score the other games you guys are working down the line like Fables or even King's Quest....

Yeah, time for a S&M: TDP Soundtrack seems slim. But, hey, I understand.
  • edited April 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    Just throwing the in game loops up on iTunes would kind of suck. At least, compared to the other soundtracks. The audio in the game is deliberately mixed to all be at a homogenized volume, with very little dynamic range between tracks and between parts in the same song. Also, many of the tracks have beginnings and ends written and performed just in case theres a soundtrack, which never get edited and mixed because they're not needed for environment loops (though some of these bits also make it into cutscenes).

To do it right, it would end up taking Jared the same amount of time it would take to do it for a CD.

That'd not to say we shouldn't do both. I investigated getting seasons one and two on iTunes years ago (Tabacco did most of the actual looking around, which gives you an idea of how long ago that was) but the project kind of fell off the radar.

Aahhh I see. All that damn mixing and mastering then.. Someone obviously needs to create a cloning machine.. clone 5 Jakes and a few Jareds & then you will have the time time to create the soundtrack and star in a romantic comedy called multiplicity 2..
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, time for a S&M: TDP Soundtrack seems slim. But, hey, I understand.

I don't.

Jake, don't you guys want my money? Please! Q_Q
  • edited April 2011
    Jake, don't you guys want my money? Please! Q_Q
    They'll get it from you with Fables, Walking Dead, and King's Quest. :)
    edited April 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Vainamoinen, I would pay to see how you did your coloring.

Not a problem. Send all your money to...

...ah, forget it. I'm not that satisfied with the coloring, to be honest. I worked in greyscale exclusively on one layer, then set the next one to "color" and voila ("Don't say voila, Sam"). The background is where I got my fingers dirty: This is a scanned experiment with black acrylic ink, massive amounts of acrylic binder and toothbrushs full of water. Red color came in digitally.
  • edited April 2011
    They'll get it from you with Fables, Walking Dead, and King's Quest. :)

maybe from walking dead and king's quest but sure as hell not from Fables
  • edited April 2011
    Thought I'd just pop in here and say that I too am still willing to part with my dosh in order to get my hands on a Season 3 soundtrack.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.