Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

Comments

• edited June 2011
    But those aren't my friends :P

Plus, nobody in the US would know who Buddy is...

Your post needs more season 3 soundtrack news.. or atleast some cool blu-ray cover artwork:p
  • edited June 2011
    I really want to see Laserschwert make some kind of album artwork, because going by his Hit the Road cover (which I used to replace the original) it would be spectacular.

Plus, in the mean time people can rip the music and use the cover!
  • edited June 2011
    Plus, in the mean time people can rip the music and use the cover!

While angering Jake, Jared, and everyone else at TTG...

Which makes that kung fu fight in their 75% off sale video more the likely now.
  • edited June 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    While angering Jake, Jared, and everyone else at TTG...

Which makes that kung fu fight in their 75% off sale video more the likely now.

It DOESN'T anger them at all, you know, a possible soundtrack release will have higher audio quality so it'll be very distinct from gathering and listening to a bunch of .OGG files that are ripped off of the game.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Also, let me quote this to add to the experience:
    Jake wrote: »
    The audio in the game is deliberately mixed to all be at a homogenized volume, with very little dynamic range between tracks and between parts in the same song. Also, many of the tracks have beginnings and ends written and performed just in case theres a soundtrack, which never get edited and mixed because they're not needed for environment loops (though some of these bits also make it into cutscenes).

That's yet another reason for a soundtrack. ;)
    Plus, nobody in the US would know who Buddy is...

That's why I specifically asked for Chuck Norris as well. To be honest, I've never seen that Norris guy (I've been told you don't see him anyway until it's too late), but I wanted him in for the American audience. But this picture would be for the Italian and German audience as well.
    edited June 2011
    What exactly is Jared doing at the moment? He didn't really do much music for BTTF after episode one, that's for sure...
  • edited June 2011
    What exactly is Jared doing at the moment? He didn't really do much music for BTTF after episode one, that's for sure...

He could be on Fables or Walking Dead, for all we know. I doubt he's on Jurassic Park unless he's a really good John Williams sound-alike in the studio.
    edited June 2011
    Don't we already KNOW he's on Jurassic Park, and have been for a long time?
  • edited June 2011
    Well, one of those interviews with AJ over BttF revealed a new voice director along with Julian, so it is very possible that their studio got bigger and Jared is off on another project.

Or I could be pulling that out of my ass. :p
  • edited June 2011
    Or I could be pulling that out of my ass. :p
    But at least you're right about A.J. mentioning someone else than Jared besides Julian Kwasneski doing his voice recordings.
    edited June 2011
    Man, it would be SO abuse of power if I made this thread a sticky... my fingers are itching... don't do it, Vainamoinen... it won't help... nonono....
  • edited June 2011
    I have faith.
  • edited July 2011
    hopefully this will be the final time i have to say this on this subject so

"Any updates"
  • edited July 2011
    alik44 wrote: »
    hopefully this will be the final time i have to say this on this subject so

"Any updates"

At least it's not a question.
  • edited July 2011
    what the heck
  • edited July 2011
    Soo, whilst we're still waiting on this, sadly, did anyone else play Puzzle Agent 2? The last part of the game during the "Lunar Run" sequence, the music goes all crazy and parts of it include the horns and brass band used in Beyond the Alleys of the Dolls during the Psychic Fight.

And that made me want the soundtrack again/ :(
  • edited July 2011
    Uh oh. Does that means someone is recycling music?

I haven't played Puzzle Agent 2, even though I really want to. My budget is kind of tight right now to where I can't even afford the cheapest of TTG's games. :(
  • edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    I only listened to the noir track, and the sudden start makes me want to hear Jared's introduction to the sequence that was taken out. That sudden stop where it just kind of leaves you hanging also makes me want to hear Jared's outro that I bet is on that track as well.
  • edited July 2011
    I only listened to the noir track, and the sudden start makes me want to hear Jared's introduction to the sequence that was taken out. That sudden stop where it just kind of leaves you hanging also makes me want to hear Jared's outro that I bet is on that track as well.

Actually I didn't edit that, it's a loop track so I guess it's supposed to be that way... or did you mean that you already knew that and were wishing that it was there?
  • edited July 2011
    Well, since noone has told me not to yet I'll just share all the stuff I could find in TDP (Mind you when they do release this for real it won't be choppy and GO BUY IT!):

The Penal Zone
    http://www.multiupload.com/W4OJMLCD5B
    The Tomb of Sammun-Mak
    http://www.multiupload.com/VMX4XVIJ4E
    They Stole Max's Brain!
    http://www.multiupload.com/2TH6Z295MS
    Beyond the Alley of the Dolls
    http://www.multiupload.com/NRD563LMSE
    The City that Dares Not Sleep
    http://www.multiupload.com/KY2T01I349
  • edited July 2011
    I still would rather have the actual studio mixes instead of the compressed sound rips from the game. But I guess that's just me being an audiophile.
  • edited July 2011
    I still would rather have the actual studio mixes instead of the compressed sound rips from the game. But I guess that's just me being an audiophile.

We all would. But at this point, it's as good as you'll get.
  • edited July 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    We all would. But at this point, it's as good as you'll get.

And with that, we are not going to get an official soundtrack.

At least for another two years now when the Season 3 soundtrack will be picked up by LaLaLand Records, since they like to market to nerds and geeks on the side. I mean, that's where I got my Batman: The Animated Series 2-CD soundtrack.
  • edited July 2011
    *chuckle* I love LaLaLand, have many of their CDs (Medal of Honor set is a dream). As a Score label they cater to an even smaller bunch than nerds and geeks but I'd hardly say they do it on the side :)
  • edited July 2011
    Oh hey, we still waiting for this? Hasn't it been like a year since The Devil's Playhouse released?

Darn.
    edited July 2011
    Oh yes, we are still waiting for this. The reason is a rather incautious remark by Alan on his twitter. :D
  • edited July 2011
    Indeed I got a strong hint not that long ago
  • edited July 2011
    Oh yes, we are still waiting for this. The reason is a rather incautious remark by Alan on his twitter. :D

And what comment was this, for those of us that do not have a Twitter?
  • edited July 2011
    Cheri wrote: »

Something like "Oh wow Jared, that S&M Season 3 soundtrack kicks ass, such a shame we accidentally destroyed the only copy and you have to do it all over again!"

:p Ok it wasn't that.
    edited July 2011
    Cheri wrote: »

Neither do I. In fact, I read about Alan's twitter in this very thread. On page 18, to be absolutely precise. :D :D

On a side note, I'd like a new twitter or at least some teasers now. Surely there must be more to show or officially confirm right now. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    From Alan's twitter:
    tarasis
    @TheAlanJohnson agreed, nice move by Valve. Now about
    Sam & Max season 3 soundtrack ... :)
    15 minutes ago

TheAlanJohnson
    @tarasis We know you guys want it! :) We're also re-working
    our merch soon, so that might be one of the additions at that time!

Nice find!
  • edited July 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    *chuckle* I love LaLaLand, have many of their CDs (Medal of Honor set is a dream). As a Score label they cater to an even smaller bunch than nerds and geeks but I'd hardly say they do it on the side :)

Okay, so I guess the MAJOR Studio scores I've seen with their label on it are their actual side projects, and what they specialize in is the smaller nerd and geek stuff. I guess I got that backwards.
  • edited July 2011
    Much like customer service, the Season Three Soundtrack is nonexistent.
    edited July 2011
    We'll hold you to that.
  • edited July 2011
    Oh posh it was good natured ribbing.
  • edited July 2011
    At least TTG's Customer Service actually gets back to you, as was my experiance when I had to contact them.

It could be like EA's Customer Service, which exists but ignores your problems unless you are willing to stay on hold for 7 hours just so they can tell you that their senoir team member doesn't know how to fix your problem so they'll just generate a $15 coupon code as an apology. :rolleyes:

But enough about Customer Service. Let's talk soundtrack!!
  • edited July 2011
    So yeah, soundtrack. When are we getting that?
  • edited July 2011
    Yeeeeeah, soundtrack. This should happen.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, we're gonna need you to get right on that soundtrack. Thaaaaaaanks. *slurps coffee*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.