Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I just adore Jared's music for this series, so it's a real shame we haven't had an official release of the soundtrack yet. But in the mean time, at least we've got Teeth's awesome uploads! Thank you so much for those!

Since I wanted them on my iPod, and I thought some other folks might too, I took Teeth's audio tracks off of YouTube and compiled them together. Here it is to download, to save anyone else the trouble who wants to do the same thing!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8WVT4G0

If anyone has any trouble with MegaUpload, just say so and I'll try and host it somewhere else (though I've never had any problems with it). I tried Mediafire originally but it was too big (it's about 350 MB while MF only allows for 200), though I could split it into parts.

Oh, and if this isn't supposed to be posted or something, just say the word and I'll remove the link right away. But just in case it's alright, I figured I'd help out anyone else looking to put the soundtrack on their MP3 players.
  • edited November 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    Back to the Future and Jurassic Park and Tales of MI and even W&G didn't get soundtracks largely because we didn't own the music, as they're based on licensed themes owned by outside composers or studios.

Wait, but Jurassic Park has a digital soundtrack. Does that mean getting the rights for digital soundtracks is easier or that it was something you could do because you got the rights to do it before the game was released?
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Wait, but Jurassic Park has a digital soundtrack. Does that mean getting the rights for digital soundtracks is easier or that it was something you could do because you got the rights to do it before the game was released?

The big question is what's on the soundtrack. If it is themes and motifs from the movie that were used in game OR if it is the original composed score from the actual game is the big question. Even something as small as the BTTF twinkle can make all the difference between getting the rights to sell the soundtrack or not.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »

The digital JP soundtrack (24 minutes) which is downloadable for Deluxe Edition pre-orderers does explicitly NOT contain John Williams' themes/motifs, just Jared's compositions in the same spirit. If anything, Universal imposes more restrictions on TTG than LucasArts did.
  • edited November 2011
    Since I wanted them on my iPod, and I thought some other folks might too, I took Teeth's audio tracks off of YouTube and compiled them together. Here it is to download, to save anyone else the trouble who wants to do the same thing!

oh damn, dude, thank you so much!
    I resorted to using a sketchy website to download the audio from each video separately, and it was such a hassle for what ended up being only a few songs. I dunno how you did it, but you rule!
  • edited November 2011
    wellgolly wrote: »
    oh damn, dude, thank you so much!
    I resorted to using a sketchy website to download the audio from each video separately, and it was such a hassle for what ended up being only a few songs. I dunno how you did it, but you rule!

You're welcome! :D Time and patience, mostly, haha. Enjoy!
  • edited November 2011
    Jared's doing the Walking Dead music, as the game is coming from the comic not the show. I like a lot of the music in the show, though!

Re: Sam & Max soundtrack, if any forward momentum happens again I'll be sure to get people to look into things like Bandcamp, as it's a great service.

Thanks for the answer Jake, I wasn't aware the game was coming from the comic perspective. Cool, I look forward to hearing Jared's fresh take on that then :)
  • edited November 2011
    This is getting complicated 0.0
  • edited November 2011
    alik44 wrote: »
    This is getting complicated 0.0

What's complicated to you?

Basically, all Jake said was that don't expect soundtracks from JP, BTTF, TMI, Walking Dead, and maybe even King's Quest if they are still doing that. Why? Some of those compositions are copyright protected by the studios that own those properties. If they do make a soundtrack, it will be of all the ORIGINAL compositions for the games and will contain none of the scores sources from the licensed properties that were used in the game itself.
  • edited December 2011
    *signs into TellTale after few weeks away*
    Any news...nope
    *leaves*
  • edited December 2011
    Any news...nope
    *leaves*

I feel you, bro.
  • edited January 2012

Thank you very much for sharing this! If there is ever a digital release I will definitely buy it, but these files are going to my iPod until then. =)
  • edited February 2012
    Do you think anyone could re-post those audio tracks? Megaupload got seized, as I'm sure you all know, and I was unfortunate enough to stumble on this great thread only after the fact.
  • edited February 2012
    Kimya wrote: »
    If there is ever a digital release I will definitely buy it, but these files are going to my iPod until then. =)

Personally, I'd be much, much more inclined to buy the soundtrack if there's a physical CD. I prefer listening to music on a computer or portable player, but I like to own a physical product for it as well. Somehow, it seems to help me remember what I have.

But since they don't even seem to sell the season 1 and 2 soundtracks any more, I can't say I'm very hopeful of it ever happening.
  • edited February 2012
    Personally, I'd be much, much more inclined to buy the soundtrack if there's a physical CD.

Same here.
  • edited February 2012
    Any news...nope
    *leaves*
  • edited February 2012
    *signs back in after Months*
    Oh come on, seriously, still nothing!? Not even a Digital Release? *sigh* I'd like to give you money Telltale, I really would, but no S3 Soundtrack, no deal!
  • edited February 2012
    Hey, for anyone who would still like the MP3 versions of Teeth's rips/uploads, I reuploaded it to DepositFiles after MU was shut down.

http://depositfiles.com/files/o009kdgix

Enjoy! And again if there's any problem with this, let me know and I'll be sure to take down the link.
  • edited February 2012
    Hey, for anyone who would still like the MP3 versions of Teeth's rips/uploads, I reuploaded it to DepositFiles after MU was shut down.

Hey, thanks so much. It's sad that it has to go this route, but this music is too great to only be enjoyed in-game. While hope may have passed, I guess I can still gripe about it.
  • edited February 2012
    i can't believe its been this long and we dnt even get a digitaal release
  • edited February 2012
    I was but a naive boy believing in miracles in 30/8/2010.
  • edited February 2012
    Came back a year later.

Soundtrack waiting thread still going.

It was pretty damn good I guess.
  • edited February 2012
    It's one of THE best soundtracks they have ever done, ...and they refuse to release it, I blame Charlie Ho Tep, damn Nursery Rhymes must be a legal nightmare! :p
  • edited March 2012

http://depositfiles.com/files/o009kdgix

Enjoy! And again if there's any problem with this, let me know and I'll be sure to take down the link.

I wanted to download it 2 days ago but I wasn't sure I had much bandwith left.

I just tryied downloading it today and it tells me it doesn't exist anymore :(
  • edited March 2012
    Goluffy wrote: »
    I wanted to download it 2 days ago but I wasn't sure I had much bandwith left.

I just tryied downloading it today and it tells me it doesn't exist anymore :(

Huh, dang. Looks like DF took it down, for some reason. Lame!
    Anyway, here it is re-uploaded (again):

http://depositfiles.com/files/tdzbawfbf

Sorry about that!
  • edited March 2012
    So any updates so far
  • edited March 2012
    So any updates so far

Nope.
  • edited May 2012
    Zeek wrote: »
    Nope.
    Lame.
  • edited May 2012
    I think it's safe to say now that shit ain't never coming out, sure one of the staff can come back in here and say "Maybe" but come on, two years just to arrange and mix the already made score? I'm sure TellTale want us to but their Jurassic Parks and walking Deads instead these day, Sam & who?
  • edited May 2012
    Agreed, I think the only hope at this juncture is if S&M4 occurs.

Sad.
  • edited May 2012
    is it really so hard to just upload the soundtrack to iTunes or there own website. i mean come were not asking for much just the game music and some nice cover art that's about it or maybe im missing somthing about the complexity of uploading music
  • edited May 2012
    I don't understand! Are they doing this on purpose? Maybe - oh no! - they don't care about Sam & Max anymore!?
  • edited May 2012
    FrankT wrote: »
    I don't understand! Are they doing this on purpose? Maybe - oh no! - they don't care about Sam & Max anymore!?

Would not go that far but i could guess that the only reason we probably won't be seeing a cd release like the other 2 seasons is that telltale probably was not expecting a return investment from the season 3 soundtrack sales.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I'm pretty sure sales are not the problem (although, the longer they wait...).

Telltale wanted to move to a new warehouse and they did, but I'm not sure if that played out the way they planned. Since then, the stuff in their (physical) store has significantly decreased in number and diversity. You can still order a few T-Shirts and posters there, but that's about it. All the soundtracks are gone and there haven't really been efforts to release interesting merchandise for Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead, both hugely successful franchises. It just doesn't seem to be the area of Telltale's expansion or center of interest at the moment.

I have hopes for the Season 3 soundtrack again when something actually happens in the Telltale store, be it more merchandise for present and future game franchises or any actual CD/DVD releases, including the seemingly abandoned game Season DVD. I'm confident that we will at least see a definite push in the right direction there in the future, but I'm unsure whether that might still bring us the Season 3 soundtrack.

I liked what JEJ did in Jurassic Park and the Walking Dead, but there was hardly as much effort spent as in the epochal Season 3 soundtrack, the longest and most diverse soundtrack Telltale has done to date. It's such a pity that this soundtrack has no disc release - and also, that present Telltale games just do not have as much music as the last S&M effort.

I wonder what would ensue happen in these respects when they actually announced a Season 4...
  • edited May 2012
    I am now begging the staff members who can read this to rectify the problem soon! :(
  • edited May 2012
    Any news...nope
    *leaves*
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Junaid wrote: »

He means listening to the source tracks, not to a soundtrack album. I wish.
  • edited May 2012
    He means listening to the source tracks, not to a soundtrack album. I wish.

Can we at least have that i mean it cant be hard to upload source tracks and digitally distribute thme
  • edited May 2012
    Is the soundtrack out yet?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.