Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I've gave up all hope for a Soundtrack right now! :( Which is a darn shame as I thought Season 3 had some very good stuff in it, possibly my fave Sam & Max soundtrack, Jared really stretched himself out with the styles on this season, so to not get a Physical High Quality release just seems weird.

I mean, whilst we're wishing, I'd like the Season 3 Soundtrack to have a Third CD of rough cut and dropped ideas/Demos, etc, possibly even the re-worked Sam & Max stuff from Poker Night.
  • edited April 2011
    That's it. Telltale has lost its charm. Now they're playing it big with new licenses and stuff. There shan't be any consideration to give and waste to trivial stuff that'll only make the hardcorest of fans feel happy.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    If I could confirm that a soundtrack is being worked on, I would. I'm tired of appearing on the forums and talking about something and then not being able to deliver, though. Nothing in life is certain, but don't give up hope.
  • edited April 2011
    No matter how promising what Jake said was, I am continuing on making downright pessimistic remarks on the possibility of a Season 3 soundtrack; just to tempt Telltale staff into actually start working on it.

My goal here may not sound realistic, but I can assure you it's more realistic than they making that soundtrack. >:c
  • edited April 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    No matter how promising what Jake said was, I am continuing on making downright pessimistic remarks on the possibility of a Season 3 soundtrack; just to tempt Telltale staff into actually start working on it.

My goal here may not sound realistic, but I can assure you it's more realistic than they making that soundtrack. >:c

Why continue? Seriously they're busy give them some down time...for a small studio they seem to be pumping out a lot work so give them at least some slack.
  • edited April 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Why continue? Seriously they're busy give them some down time...for a small studio they seem to be pumping out a lot work so give them at least some slack.

They weren't so busy between the conclusion of the third season and the moment they got Universal's licenses. If I knew the production of the soundtrack would stay on hold for such a long time period at that time, I would have moaned a little then but now the only thing left for me to do is this.
    edited April 2011
    They weren't so busy between the conclusion of the third season and the moment they got Universal's licenses. If I knew the production of the soundtrack would stay on hold for such a long time period at that time, I would have moaned a little then but now the only thing left for me to do is this.

The time the Universal licenses were announced versus when people in the studio started working on them are not as clean cut as that. Also, Jared and I basically went straight from Sam & Max to full time on Poker Night in that time.

I'm glad you're making your opinion known, though!
  • edited April 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    If I could confirm that a soundtrack is being worked on, I would. I'm tired of appearing on the forums and talking about something and then not being able to deliver, though. Nothing in life is certain, but don't give up hope.

I... don't know if you are angry and/or offended in this post or not. :( If it is either, then I'm sorry for whatever may have caused this.
    edited April 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    I... don't know if you are angry and/or offended in this post or not. :( If it is either, then I'm sorry for whatever may have caused this.

I'm neither, just being honest. I in good conscience can't say there isn't a soundtrack, or that there is one. It's frustrating!
  • edited April 2011
    You wouldn't be looking to fly a dutch sound designer, who incidentally is a darn good voice actor too, to your company to get the job done by any chance?
  • edited April 2011
    What's wrong with ripping the music from the game?
  • edited April 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    What's wrong with ripping the music from the game?

It's illegal, for starters, as the soundtrack as it is presented in the game is under copyright. (Or so is my understanding of basic copyright laws.) Which means Jared and his band don't get the monitary rewards that come with producing a sellable content property.

Second, the music in the game isn't mixed properly. You may not hear it, but there are subtle differences in the dynamic range that get loss when they mix it specifically as a BGM for an area. This is true for all video games now, as I can promise you the score for Halo is more dynamic and richer when the audio isn't mixed to be a background piece.

Third, the score itself is trunkated or chopped up for looping purposes. As Jake pointed out, there were beginings and endings composed for the tracks that had to get edited out due to the looping nature of the tune. The soundtrack for Season 2 displayed this really well. The first soundtrack relied a lot of fade outs, suggesting that no beginings or endings were composed for that.

Finally, there's something nice about holding a hard copy CD that just can't be duplicated with digital downloads or even ripping music from the game. But I'm speaking for myself, clearly.
  • edited April 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    Which means Jared and his band don't get the monitary rewards that come with producing a sellable content property.

While I do agree with everything you said above, I think points 2 to 4 just don't apply to someone who asks "what's wrong with ripping from the game", and as to point 1, it's not that Jared et al. get anything if Telltale don't release the soundtrack, is it?

So I guess the answer to Shyguy is, well, "nothing".
  • edited April 2011
    I'm neither, just being honest. I in good conscience can't say there isn't a soundtrack, or that there is one. It's frustrating!

So you're saying it's in a state of limbo, and no one at Telltale can catch it? :p:D
    edited April 2011
    giuliop wrote: »
    While I do agree with everything you said above, I think points 2 to 4 just don't apply to someone who asks "what's wrong with ripping from the game", and as to point 1, it's not that Jared et al. get anything if Telltale don't release the soundtrack, is it?

So I guess the answer to Shyguy is, well, "nothing".

People are already doing game rips and putting them on youtube. I don't understand why this is being discussed/argued any further since it's already happening. Welcome to the Internet.

We'd obviously prefer that people don't rip our raw game assets and post them on the web, but people do.
  • edited April 2011
    Joop wrote: »
    You wouldn't be looking to fly a dutch sound designer, who incidentally is a darn good voice actor too, to your company to get the job done by any chance?
    Wait, are you offering to find such a person? :p
  • edited April 2011
    Just throwing the in game loops up on iTunes would kind of suck. At least, compared to the other soundtracks. The audio in the game is deliberately mixed to all be at a homogenized volume, with very little dynamic range between tracks and between parts in the same song. Also, many of the tracks have beginnings and ends written and performed just in case theres a soundtrack, which never get edited and mixed because they're not needed for environment loops (though some of these bits also make it into cutscenes).

To do it right, it would end up taking Jared the same amount of time it would take to do it for a CD.

That'd not to say we shouldn't do both. I investigated getting seasons one and two on iTunes years ago (Tabacco did most of the actual looking around, which gives you an idea of how long ago that was) but the project kind of fell off the radar.

Maybe we could all pitch in and help!
  • edited April 2011
    Wait, are you offering to find such a person? :p

I might know a guy who might be able to help... :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2011
    Still holding out hope on this one. Season 3 had amazing music.
  • edited April 2011
    Still toe tappingly holding out hope for season 3 soundtrack. hope tp see it soon
  • edited April 2011
    Perpetually bumping the thread that cannot die, for ONE GLORIOUS DAY a SOUNDTRACK SHALL BE OURS!
  • edited April 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Perpetually bumping the thread that cannot die, for ONE GLORIOUS DAY a SOUNDTRACK SHALL BE OURS!

As probably a limited edition package combined with the other two soundtracks, more than likely. :p
  • edited April 2011
    I start to worry about other things, to be frank. With all those projects they have on hold, if they EVEN agree on making a soundtrack, it might turn out to be halfassed.
  • edited April 2011
    Uhhh can someone from telltale throw me bone dnt care how small as long as i know there will be a season 3 soundtrack before next year. until then i will faning my self with money im ready to throw at u whe its released
  • edited April 2011
    I start to worry about other things, to be frank. With all those projects they have on hold, if they EVEN agree on making a soundtrack, it might turn out to be halfassed.

Well, they did pick up Law & Order, so who knows IF they even are considering making a soundtrack now. I mean, they do have five properties now that they are working on at the same time, by my count at least. A soundtrack is probably on the bottom of their pirority lists.
  • edited April 2011
    And that saddens me, Old Telltale did a season and then did some goodies for the fans such as the Soundtrack and Case Files, now it just seems to be, Get The Episodes Out, Final the DVD, NEXT PROJECT!
  • edited April 2011
    TELLTALE. HIRE ANOTHER COMPOSER. Give your artist a breather so he can put this together!
  • edited April 2011
    Cannot tell if Jared has began eating babies or not.
  • edited April 2011
    A SACRIFICE to the music god JARED! For weeks this thread shall continue, never dying, ever crying for the unholy font from which the blood of musical genius comes spilling out onto the masses, who ever shout JA-RED, JA-RED!

ATTEND NOW TO THE MELODY THAT SHALL BEAR THE NAME... SAM AND MAX, SEASON THREE!!!
  • edited April 2011
    This is how I feel about the soundtrack currently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41hpupcHrhI&feature=related
  • edited April 2011
    Soundtraaaaaack. I need to feel like I'm in a hillarious American retro caper next time I'm stuck in traffic :(
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    TELLTALE. HIRE ANOTHER COMPOSER. Give your artist a breather so he can put this together!

Jurassic Park is delayed! Think of all the free time Jared now has to work on the Season 3 soundtrack! ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Well thats kinda of bone but hell ill take. hmm never knew all that hope would come bck so fast
  • edited April 2011
    Jurassic Park is delayed! Think of all the free time Jared now has to work on the Season 3 soundtrack! ;)

"We just realized that we forgot to produce the Sam & Max Season 3 Soundtrack. Therefore, we are delaying work on Jurassic Park: The Game, to direct our efforts toward this critical project."

Well, maybe if Sam & Max ran Telltale, anyway.
  • edited April 2011
    *cannot get idea of soundtrack out of head and has started to hallucinate*

Everyone in UK has a day off today.
    Because of the season 3 sam and max soundtrack, or something...
  • edited May 2011
    Anyone have any updates on the soundtrack
  • edited May 2011

heh, fingers crossed ;)
  • edited May 2011
    JARED! JAAAREEED!

alteredbeast.gif

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!!
  • edited May 2011
    He's not DEAD. He's just busy.
  • edited May 2011
    I heard he was dead. I guess the only real way to prove otherwise would be a season 3 soundtrack.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.