The “Telltale Deck ‘o Cards” Project

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    You're helping A LOT. :D :D :D

...and you're up.
  • edited May 2011
    Would you draw other characters if I said yes, the deck is limited to TTG characters?? ;)

I suck at drawing in general... but I had a ton of practice with Kauff and gustav.
    Hmmm...I could give it a shot. Which TTG characters are we missing? :D
    ...and why the h*** did yoshiwam just delete that awesome Kauff & Gustav-related post? Was that on your behalf, SWP?

Oh my God! That's brilliant!! Thanks Yoshiwam!
    No, I wouldn't dare delete something so cool! He deleted it by himself, dunno why.
    yoshiwam wrote: »
    ohlolol no, I didn't remove it on anyone's behalf x3

but here are the links for those interested:
    pic_1
    pic_2
    pic_3

Thanks man! I'll post this on my site :D

I don't suppose you could help me out with the Kauff and Gustav game, since I just lost my second background designer? :)
  • edited May 2011
    @Silverwolfpet: I'm glad you like the drawings!
    And kudos on making a game, too! :)
    is there any place on the web with more info on your game?

as for the cards ~ here is Marquis de Singe, 4 of hearts

card3-1.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    Good gosh, guys, this stuff is awesome! And, thanks, V,for picking up the slack. X__X
  • edited May 2011
    Excellent work so far. Can't wait to see the deck completed.
  • edited May 2011
    @yoshiwam: That DeSinge is absolutely fantastic. To live forever for!
    edited May 2011
    Great, great, great ! ! !

...we need the high-res version for our collection. :D

/edit: My incredible detective skills have enabled me to find it.
  • edited May 2011
    I wish to create a card for the spade suit that has the three possums from Bone digging mud for a mud pie. With a spade. It could be any spade card, but I would prefer it to be the three of spades. So, Klatuu, if you are willing to exchange with me, it would be great.
    edited June 2011
    Then just make it any spades card. We can't wait another month for Klatuu now.

And, no, nothing's forgotten and little baby Amelia Earhart is on her way. Okay, what about a random sneak peek WIP... well... how's this part 'ere?

earhartrandompart.jpg

More participants please! Anyone? Ryan? Steve?
  • edited June 2011
    Here, have a WIP version of my Internet sprite.

internetwip.png

I busted that thing out in maybe half an hour about three months ago and keep forgetting to come back to it.
  • edited July 2011
    Sarendor wrote: »
    I wish to create a card for the spade suit that has the three possums from Bone digging mud for a mud pie. With a spade. It could be any spade card, but I would prefer it to be the three of spades. So, Klatuu, if you are willing to exchange with me, it would be great.

Well...

...I don't know....

...I kind of liked the 3 of Spades because there are 3 spades in the picture...

But okay, no problem. If you really want it, I can change Murray to be the 7 of Spades.

P.S. divisionten, I love the style of your Anemone card!

P.P.S. yoshiwam, excellent work on all your cards! I especially like how you work the suit into the picture!

P.P.P.S. I make no guarantee as to the timeline for changes/updates to my current proposed card(s). (But I'll try to do something.)
    edited July 2011
    Well, I didn't exactly master traditional media with this one, but here we go. Took eternity!!

ameliacardfinal.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Klatuu wrote: »
    Well...

...I don't know....

...I kind of liked the 3 of Spades because there are 3 spades in the picture...

But okay, no problem. If you really want it, I can change Murray to be the 7 of Spades.(But I'll try to do something.)

God, I just saw it now! Change nothing about your card, I will do with any number once I saw it.
  • edited August 2011
    Sarendor, if you're still interested, I could promote Murray to the Jack of Spades, since no one has taken it yet, and free up the 3 of Spades for your card.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015
    I don't want to see this project unfinished. I have a scanner now (I'm finally catching up to this century... yay!), so I can do more art.

I did a Gil Grissom (from CSI) card for the 3 of Diamonds (the full-size card is on my deviantArt page).

gilgrissom.png

I have an idea for the Great Red Dragon (from Bone) that I planned to do anyway (in non card form) because this year is the year of the dragon. I'd like to have the 2 of Spades for that (Never play an Ace when a 2 will do), since I don't think the Max spores card ever was finished. But if it was, I'll be happy to take another card for that.

I might redo my Graham card now that I have a scanner (it's much easier to draw and scan then to make art in MS Paint with a mouse). I'm happy with Perducci though.
    edited March 2012
    Man, I thought I'd never see this thread up again. Thanks so much, Jennifer.

It's been a while since I said: "....aaaaand you're up".
    That means the link is now in the OP. :D :D

Maybe we'll even get some other cards...
  • edited March 2012
    Guess I should work on finishing that Internet sprite.
    edited March 2012
    Man, I thought I'd never see this thread up again. Thanks so much, Jennifer.
    You're welcome. I didn't like seeing it buried either.
    Maybe we'll even get some other cards...
    I'm baking my Great Red Dragon cake now, so I'll have a card up for him sometime later today. :D
    Guess I should work on finishing that Internet sprite.
    Yes! I liked the preview and I really like your COPS sprite card. It worked out well with the sprite style due to who the characters are. The internet fits in well too as a sprite.
  • edited March 2012
    Just saying, but we should totally get a physical version of this made.
  • edited March 2012
    So what's left?
  • edited March 2012
    Take a look at the very first page to see what's done and what's reserved, and anything you don't see is left. Post a message asking to reserve a card/character before putting too much time into it, in case more than one person tries the same card/character, and someone gets disappointed.

Let me know when the deck is complete and purchasable. :)
  • edited March 2012
    Can I do Trixie the giraffe me necked girl?
  • edited March 2012
    I don't see why not. Since we have characters from Fables and King's Quest that aren't confirmed to be in the Telltale games, and Rick Grimes, who has been all but confirmed to not be in Telltale's The Walking Dead, I don't see why we can't have characters from the extended licenses.

So what card do you want to put her on?
  • edited March 2012
    10 Of Clubs
    edited March 2012
    Rick Grimes, who has been all but confirmed to not be in Telltale's The Walking Dead

Wait... my foreign language spider senses are tingling... errrr.... yupp, methinks that "not" is too much. ;)

Setting DAISHI up for the 10oC, and will soon erase all the reservations who haven't delivered their card in the last year.

That includes the GUYBRUSH IS KING card. :D
  • edited March 2012
    Wait... my foreign language spider senses are tingling... errrr.... yupp, methinks that "not" is too much. ;)

I knew I'd get called on that. Yeah, I may have assumed a bit much there.
    Setting DAISHI up for the 10oC, and will soon erase all the reservations who haven't delivered their card in the last year.

That includes the GUYBRUSH IS KING card. :D

Hang on to the Guybrush one for now. I don't know if Tope has been reading this thread since its revival, so I'll check in with her, and I'll delete the reservation myself if she's out.
    edited March 2012
    I've just killed it - but will restore it immediately. I also couldn't bring myself to delete divisonten's reservations.

All links are still in working order. Now THAT is something. ;)
  • edited March 2012
    Sure is. And now that you've called attention to it, I think I'll go through and save copies of all of them, just to be safe.

Also, seeing as I checked in a couple days ago, you really shouldn't have deleted my reservation. But oh well, I'll just call it again. I'm down for the 8 of diamonds and The Internet. Might have to play Reality 2.0 again for references and ideas, but it's definitely at the front of my mind again.
    edited March 2012
    Thanks, please do that... who knows what will be lost in the forum migration. California trail all over again!
  • edited March 2012
    cards.png
    edited March 2012
    I updated my King Graham card (full size), because I wasn't happy with the double sided king style:

kinggraham.png

The links are still the same, so the first page of this topic can stay the same. :) You might want to update your backup though GuruGuru214.
  • edited March 2012
    I'm going to redo Anemone, Vainamoinen. Over spring break, hopefully.
    edited March 2012
    Well, I got my cake all done, so here it is in card form (it's The Great Red Dragon from Bone in case anyone missed my post announcing my intent to make a new card):

attachment.php?attachmentid=2902&stc=1&d=1331150684

The full image is at My deviantArt page.

I'm going to sit out for a while and let others make cards, since I'm now the person with the most cards and that's not right since there's so many better artists on this forum than me. I'll pop in and make a new card in a few months if this deck's not done by then though. :D
  • edited March 2012
    Can I integrate Bruno?
  • edited March 2012
    Go right ahead.
  • edited March 2012
    Wooooo
    edited April 2012
    I said I'd pop in in a few months, and here I am (a week early). Here's another card:

Theodore Dudebrough from Telltale Texas Hold'em on the 5 of hearts (full size is here):

dudebroughsmall.png

Hopefully this post will give the project another jolt in the arm, as I'd love to see it finished some day. :)
  • edited April 2012
    Wow! This thread! I totally forgot this existed. Also, why is there no Winslow here?

If nobody calls it, I might have to do so for the Jack of Clubs and horrify everyone with my horrible pen on lined paper artwork. And nobody wants that. (though actually, I just doodled one that doesn't look horribly awful except for the fact it's got a scribbled out start of another sketch right in the middle!)
    Attachment not found.

Winslow deserves better!

(I also suck at hands.)
    edited April 2012
    I've been trying to do cards of the neglected franchises. So, out of curiosity, I went through and tried to find which ones have been done and which ones haven't yet.

Done
    Telltale Texas Hold'Em
    Bone
    CSI
    Sam & Max
    Strong Bad
    Monkey Island
    Puzzle Agent
    Back to the Future
    Jurassic Park
    Law & Order
    The Walking Dead
    Fables
    King's Quest

Not Done Yet
    Wallace & Gromit
    Hector
    Tycho & The Heavy
    Wow! This thread! I totally forgot this existed. Also, why is there no Winslow here?

If nobody calls it, I might have to do so for the Jack of Clubs and horrify everyone with my horrible pen on lined paper artwork. And nobody wants that. (though actually, I just doodled one that doesn't look horribly awful except for the fact it's got a scribbled out start of another sketch right in the middle!)
    I want that! Your sketch looks great. :)

Do a Winslow card!

The more the merrier! :D

Edit: And another card for another series I doubt anyone else would do ;) (but I like Briscoe, and Jerry Orbach (still sad he passed away :() so I'm happy to do it :)): Lennie Briscoe from Law & Order on 6 of Diamonds (full size is here):

briscoecardsmall.png
    edited April 2012
    I was discussing the Lennie Briscoe card with my mom, and I agree with her that it doesn't look like Jerry Orbach, but it does look like Telltale's Lennie Briscoe.

So, I need advice. Should the card be Lennie Briscoe, like he was in Legacies (left), or Lennie Briscoe looking more like Jerry Orbach [but still in the style of Legacies] (right).

briscoecardsmall.pngorbach.png
Sign in to comment in this discussion.