The “Telltale Deck ‘o Cards” Project

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I was also pretty busy. I'll work on Tycho card starting tomorrow.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2011
    YES! YES!! Do that!
  • edited April 2011
    That is so much more awesome than I thought Momma Bosco could ever be.

I'm tempted to dispute that claim, but it's a such a rad compliment I can't bring myself to turn it down. ^^; Thank you so much!
    When I first wanted to post my astonishment at the Momma Bosco piece, the forum broke down... so here's my second attempt.

That is one great card. I am even about to forget that it's weeks too late. :D

Composition, muted color choice, textures, line - I love them all.
    Yes, the lower background could have been toned down a little bit to make the figure stand out more. But that is really a minor thing.

Only "about to" for good reason. I really dragged my feet on this, RL busyness or not. :o But thank you! I chose her due to your suggestion, so I'm glad you like how the card turned out.
    Ah, good, it wasn't just me. I'll go back and make some adjustments before posting it anywhere else. Thanks!
    YES! YES!! Do that!

Seconded!
  • edited April 2011
    Okay then thaHOLYSHIT I JUST SAW THE MOMMA BOSCO CARD BRB I'M IN LOVE
  • edited April 2011
    So I was cleaning my desktop yesterday and came across a .bmp file containing a half-finished sprite of The Internet. Whoops. I do still want to try finishing this card, but I'm about to have a very busy week, so I may not have a chance to for a while.
  • edited April 2011
    That is one hot Momma B!
  • edited April 2011
    So I was cleaning my desktop yesterday and came across a .bmp file containing a half-finished sprite of The Internet. Whoops. I do still want to try finishing this card, but I'm about to have a very busy week, so I may not have a chance to for a while.

I was wondering if you ever started on one of them. I'm pleased to hear you have. Hope we get to see the finished product soon!
  • edited April 2011
    Light wrote: »

This is just lovely.

Really, thanks for making this.
  • edited April 2011
    i would like to try it
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011

Bwahahahaha brilliant!
  • edited April 2011
    Both of those are great. I love that take on Trixie, and Peepers is hilarious. Great job, guys!
    edited May 2011
    Bumping this! Anyone left to deliver a card?? FALANCA? Seibert? Guru?
  • edited May 2011
    It's on my to-do list! And by to-do list, I mean written prominently on the disaster area that is my huge whiteboard.
  • edited May 2011
    I still have to finish mine... AND edit the OP before I can't see! Will be done by wee's end!
    edited May 2011
    Will be done by wee's end!

You wrote this 12 days ago. But I know that you really have other troubles right now.
  • edited May 2011
    No kidding. I feel like a jerk about the whole thing. I will update the main page, but I've got enough other stuff on my plate right now. Sorry guys!
  • edited May 2011
    Oooh! I want to make Sister Agnes! x3

9 o' Hearts?
    edited May 2011
    Yes! Go!!
  • edited May 2011
    Hmmm...Should I make another one?...well....okay. I wanted to get a start on it first and see how it looked, but the Hearts are going fast so I better make my reservation now.

Put me down for Jennifer Parker, 5 of Hearts.
  • edited May 2011
    Sister Agnes ^__^ ~ x

card-1.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    Wow.

I mean, this is seriously lovely. Bravo *-* GET ANOTHER CARD PLEASE!
  • edited May 2011
    That Sister Agnes is absolutely amazing. :eek:
    edited May 2011
    Good thing divisonten can see again. Astonishing!
  • edited May 2011
    thank you so much! ^__^
    I'm thrilled to hear you all like it! x

*EDIT: and also a link to the appropriate size here
    edited May 2011
    I've updated divisionten's original post with all your fabulous contributions (and promises, come to speak of it! ;) ). Looks like the "hearts" category might be completed one day.

To anyone out there who just sees this thread: Drop us a line and "take a card, any card"! :D

Characters not yet taken (just some ideas):

(From Sam & Max: ) Grandpa Stinky - Harry Moleman - Bosco - Jimmy Two-Teeth - Hugh Bliss - Pedro - Flint Paper - Baby Amelia Earhart - General Skun'kape - Anton Papierwaite/Yog-Soggoth - The Narrator ...

(From Tales of Monkey Island: ) Reginald van Winslow - Marquis de Singe - The Voodoo Lady - LeChuck demon/human - Stan - Bugeye - Santino...

(From Back to the Future: ) Marty McFly - Biff Tannen - Kid Tannen - 1986 Doc - Edna Strickland ...

(From Jurassic Park: ) any character
  • edited May 2011
    King's Quest characters are considered TellTale property now too, n'est-ce pas? :o

If so, I'd love to draw a Rosella x3
    spades, any spades, of course ~
  • edited May 2011
    We also don't have anyone from Wallace and Gromit or Bone, and I think we don't have anyone from The Walking Dead.
    edited May 2011
    Wasn't Fawful's second card a Walking Dead character? I really can't tell, I've never seen a single episode...
  • edited May 2011
    Wasn't Fawful's second card a Walking Dead character? I really can't tell, I've never seen a single episode...

Yep, Rick Grimes is from The Walking Dead.
  • edited May 2011
    Oh, that's right. I'd forgotten about that one. I just picked up the compendium book and the DVD set, so I need to start consuming all my new media.
    edited May 2011
    yoshiwam wrote: »
    King's Quest characters are considered TellTale property now too, n'est-ce pas? :o

If so, I'd love to draw a Rosella x3
    spades, any spades, of course ~

If Mr. Google speaks correctly, Rosella is a King's quest IV character. And what do you know? The number 4 is free amidst a sea of finished cards. I'll sign you up.

And just so there'll be more motivation out there: [highlight]I am putting myself on the list for another card: The 2 of Diamonds for Baby Amelia Earhart[/highlight].

Who's to follow?!?
  • edited May 2011
    here is princess Rosella of Daventry (from the King's Quest series), along with her favorite piece of inventory from KQVII ~ <3

card2-1.jpg

larger version: link
  • edited May 2011
    Can I try a Jack of Spades with Kauff and Gustav? Or is the deck limited to Telltale Characters?
    edited May 2011
    Can I try a Jack of Spades with Kauff and Gustav? Or is the deck limited to Telltale Characters?

Would you draw other characters if I said yes, the deck is limited to TTG characters?? ;)

...and why the h*** did yoshiwam just delete that awesome Kauff & Gustav-related post? Was that on your behalf, SWP?

(And woooo-hoooo for that last card of yours, yoshiwam!!!!)
  • edited May 2011
    ohlolol no, I didn't remove it on anyone's behalf x3

but here are the links for those interested:
    pic_1
    pic_2
    pic_3
  • edited May 2011
    Someone needs to do Bosco as the 5 of clubs or something...

I am also disappointed that no one did "mama-bosco" (i.e. Bosco wearing a wig), as the Queen of Clubs!
  • edited May 2011
    the last of the hearts (4) for the marquis de Singe
Sign in to comment in this discussion.