The “Telltale Deck ‘o Cards” Project

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Hey, this afternoon I'm going to go back through and update this thread. Sorry for abandoning it for a bit, but I believe that a "F--n act of nature" is a legitimate excuse.
  • edited March 2011
    I think the only way you could have an excuse more legitimate than that would be if it was "I was in a coma". Seriously, I think not having this thread updated was the last thing most of us were worried about.

But thanks for coming back to it so quickly. Things were getting a little confusing. :D
  • edited March 2011
    Updated.

I'm going to start sending out reminder PMs to those who haven't checked in with their cards.

Unfortunately, I have to start my cards over from scratch, though. Anemone was handpained on bristol board with gauche (maybe 1/3 done?) and the Hidden People were an army of cardboard cutouts intended for a photograph. And they're in my apartment. In Japan.
  • edited March 2011
    Quick question - what would be better: Sam juggling corndogs or the flaming Max heads??
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Sam juggling flaming Max heads?

Or BOTH, Hayley... BOTH??

Updated.

I'm going to start sending out reminder PMs to those who haven't checked in with their cards.

Unfortunately, I have to start my cards over from scratch, though. Anemone was handpained on bristol board with gauche (maybe 1/3 done?) and the Hidden People were an army of cardboard cutouts intended for a photograph. And they're in my apartment. In Japan.

No PM for me, please, I'll do it... ah, what the heck. RIGHT NOW.

No photographs of in-progress work from the guache piece? How did that material treat you? Guache scares the hell out of me... even more than oils. :D
  • edited March 2011
    Sam juggling flaming Max heads?

Or BOTH, Hayley... BOTH??

Aw ship, you're right man. How I couldn't think of that... :D

Saw your Sybil too. One fine hot momma she is! :) <3
    edited March 2011
    Well, I hope that's better.

sybilcardbig.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/081/a/d/sybil_card_by_needleblade-d3c7do3.jpg

Rush job on the coloring, but I wanted to get this done. I really don't normally miss any deadline... wouldn't have kept my job if I did. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    URRRRRGGGGGH! I'll get mine done. Today.
  • edited March 2011
    Wait wait wait... I got TYCHO? REALLY? OH MY GOD THAT'S EXTRAORDINARILY AWESOME. It's nearly awesome as that gorgeous Sybil card, but not exactly.
  • edited March 2011
    Here ya are lads. So sorry it's rushed. ><

f290bae116359b64aa7fd5a795773a67-d3c5wf9.png
  • edited March 2011
    Btw Dat Sybil fffffff <3333
    edited March 2011
    If only I knew leetspeak... if that's what it is. ;)

And how is something like that fabulous Sam Joker even doable in 2-3 hours??? Ga-reat!
  • edited March 2011
    I'll have to drop mine, due to me not being able to come up with anything worthwhile for my card. I'd love to see Stan stick around as the Jack for whoever takes it, though.
  • edited March 2011
    If only I knew leetspeak... if that's what it is. ;)

And how is something like that fabulous Sam Joker even doable in 2-3 hours??? Ga-reat!

Oh by all means it's a compliment! You made her damn foxy! ;)

OH WUT? Is THAT how long 'twas since I asked about the juggling thing? Oh God... must be a new record... XD
  • edited March 2011
    Anemone was handpainted on bristol board with gauche

I think you mean "gouache", "gauche" means "left". Although I just checked and the spelling "guache" exists, making the typo more understandable.

And that sucks :s I hate starting over something.
    edited March 2011
    You do know that everyone who reprimands divisonten for spelling gets an instant ban?

Seriously... shoot, I spelled it wrong as well. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    I've seen the mistake more than once, and to make things harder, guache and gouache typically aren't even recognised by spellchecks, so I figured maybe people didn't know and would appreciate it being pointed out. It's jarring for me because these words with Us are typically French based.
    The most common problem is with Us and Gs though (dialogue, monologue, etc) especially with rouge (red, makeup) vs rogue (person, class in games), since in that case both exist.
  • edited March 2011
    It also helps that I use speech-to-type most of the time. You guys often forget I'm legally blind. ^____^
  • edited March 2011
    It also helps that I use speech-to-type most of the time. You guys often forget I'm legally blind. ^____^

Yeah, I assume these programs have a limited vocabulary. Really, the main reason why I pointed it out is that at first I had no clue what you were talking about :P
  • edited March 2011
    To everyone that's posted a new card since I last posted here.

You are all amazing. That is all.
  • edited March 2011
    Dropping a line to say I haven't forgotten! I'm in the coloring stage as of tonight.

In brief, this project is <3. It's awesome seeing the breadth of work here. Wonderful stuff, everyone!
  • edited March 2011
    Great work everybody.
  • edited March 2011
    Dropping a line to say I haven't forgotten! I'm in the coloring stage as of tonight.

In brief, this project is <3. It's awesome seeing the breadth of work here. Wonderful stuff, everyone!
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Great work everybody.

I'd like to echo both of you and say: Excellent work, everyone!
  • edited March 2011
    @Vaina and Hayley - You both realize you're incredibly amazing, right? I can't really say much other than what's already been said, but I'm flipping out over these cards. (Hurr.)

Hmm - may I do Sal for the Six of Spades?
  • edited March 2011
    URRRRGHH. I fell asleep before I could begin. I'm working on mine right now.
  • edited March 2011
    URRRRGHH. I fell asleep before I could begin. I'm working on mine right now.

Calm down! The three week warning was to prevent people from forgetting about their card. I know you will do yours.

I'm going to start rediong mine. Looks like I need to find another large supply of cardboard.
    edited March 2011
    NOW it hits me. Sybil: Queen of Clubs - Queen of Canada! The Clubs symbol should have been a maple leaf!!
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, just letting you know I haven't forgotten mine either!
    Sorry sorry sorry sorry D:
    edited March 2011
    Go, team, go!
  • edited March 2011
    Still alive, still working. Just to let you know.
  • edited March 2011
    Just seen this. Absolutement amazing.
  • edited March 2011
    Well, I'm embarrassed, and I knew I'd do this.

Rick Grimes - The Walking Dead card

I made it as far as painting the head and background, and got utterly bored of the card, so I threw something together other than what I had initially imagined, which was the portrait of Rick above, and a zombie lunging below. It's still okay, but it's not the ultra cool drawing I had originally planned. Either way, it's done.
  • edited March 2011
    Excellent work, Fawful. I love the dark tone and details.
  • edited March 2011
    Spank you very macho!
  • edited March 2011
    Sneak peek of Alemonade- I mean, Anemone- Mark 2. I had to use what was in my parent's house- and that was one off-back piece of construction paper I could find (and some chalk).

attachment.php?attachmentid=2446&stc=1&d=1301410235
  • edited March 2011
    @divisionten - I actually LOVE that - it looks pretty cool in chalk :D
  • edited April 2011
    Queen of Spades, represent!

TelltaleCardFINAL.png
    Textures courtesy of Lost & Taken. Also, whew DONE! *collapses*
    One thing bugging me about it retrospect: I copped out on properly lighting the bottom BG, which leaves that half looking too busy. Grrr. Will possibly add the tweaking it needs at a later date (like, before posting it to DA). :B

Fawful, your latest card is striking and already one of my very favorite pieces of yours. And divisionten, that preview is marvelous! I admit to having a soft spot for chalk/pastels as a medium from the outset, but I love where this is going beyond that.
  • edited April 2011
    That is so much more awesome than I thought Momma Bosco could ever be.
    edited April 2011
    When I first wanted to post my astonishment at the Momma Bosco piece, the forum broke down... so here's my second attempt.

That is one great card. I am even about to forget that it's weeks too late. :D

Composition, muted color choice, textures, line - I love them all.
    Yes, the lower background could have been toned down a little bit to make the figure stand out more. But that is really a minor thing.
  • edited April 2011
    REALLY sorry mine isn't done yet, I've been busy. I'll try my best to get it done within the week if it hasn't been given to someone else yet!

Great stuff ,everyone! That Momma Bosco is just AMAZING!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.