The “Telltale Deck ‘o Cards” Project

15678911»

Comments

• what characters are not taken?

WarpSpeed posted: »

Any Telltale character you want that hasn't been taken/reserved, on any card you want that hasn't been taken/reserved, and anyone who's willing to give it a serious try can participate. If you find that you can't, be sure to unreserve. Go for it!

• All characters not listed in the first post are not taken. Read the first post for the rules. You can pick anyone in any Telltale game (including announced upcoming games) who hasn't already been picked. If there's a problem with the character you pick, someone will probably say so when you announce who and which card.

Lehfeels posted: »

what characters are not taken?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2014

Yep. Any character you want to do from a franchise by Telltale is open to choose from. And any card that isn't already done or reserved is open as well.

You don't have to be a moderator to participate, as there's a lot of people who have made cards who aren't. This is just for fun and isn't an official project, so it's open to everyone.

There's quite a bit of characters left to do. Here's a small list of characters open if you're curious:

All original characters from Telltale's The Walking Dead series
    All characters from The Wolf Among Us except for Flycatcher
    All characters from Game of Thrones
    Heavy Weapons Guy, Brock Samson, Ash Williams
    All characters from Tales from the Borderlands
    Guybrush Threepwood

That's just a small list too. There's a lot of other characters to choose from too. Just check the list, and if the character you want to do isn't chosen already, just let me know which card and character you want to do and I'll update the first page of the thread to reserve it for you. :)

so um do i just say the character i want and any open card choice and then its reserved for me unless i go inactive? can anyone get involved or only staff?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

Nice touches on the Minecraft card, Jennifer! I recall seeing this thread back in the day when I lurked prior to becoming a Moderator, but I don't really have the experience to contribute with my own original art unless I wanna pose some models in Source Filmmaker.

With the rate that Telltale is announcing new franchises, we certainly have a much larger selection now than what you guys had from when the thread was made.

edited December 2014

Blind Sniper wrote:
    Nice touches on the Minecraft card, Jennifer! I recall seeing this thread back in the day when I lurked prior to becoming a Moderator, but I don't really have the experience to contribute with my own original art unless I wanna pose some models in Source Filmmaker.

Thanks. :) When Minecraft was announced I actually thought of this project first as it's definitely something that I can handle well with my level of art skills.

This project's certainly been going on for a while. It actually began even before I was a moderator. :0 Feel free to come up with something if you'd like. Division-ten had a great idea when she created this project to pose lawn gnomes in real life for the hidden people, so there's definitely some potential for some neat ideas if you're not artistically inclined. :)

Blind Sniper wrote:
    With the rate that Telltale is announcing new franchises, we certainly have a much larger selection now than what you guys had from when the thread was made.

Oh, definitely. And it will likely keep growing before this project's finished. Which is good for the project actually, as it allows for more diversity in the characters (people were originally worried that the deck would be full of just one franchise, and with so many franchises to cover now, there's no worry of that happening). :)

EDIT: I think I'll challenge myself with my next card, even moreso than when I did Sal. Since Telltale's Game of Thrones series has the look of a painting, I'm going to give a go at painting Tyrion Lannister. I normally don't call a card before doing it, but this is way out of my comfort zone and will likely take a while. So, I'll reserve Tyrion for the Jack of Spades (and move Claptrap to 9 of Spades).

Nice touches on the Minecraft card, Jennifer! I recall seeing this thread back in the day when I lurked prior to becoming a Moderator, but I

• so um alex the thin arm default minecraft skin is that ok to use for a card character since it is the thin arm template in minecraft

Jennifer posted: »

Blind Sniper wrote: Nice touches on the Minecraft card, Jennifer! I recall seeing this thread back in the day when I lurked prior to beco

• Sure. That's fine. :) We've had cards of characters from the franchise on a whole that haven't been in Telltale's games (Penny Arcade's Gabe and The Walking Dead's Rick Grimes).

Let me know which card you plan to do and I'll update the first post to reserve it for you. The more people working on this, the merrier. :D

• edited January 2015

9 Club i guess reserve for me

Sure. That's fine. We've had cards of characters from the franchise on a whole that haven't been in Telltale's games (Penny Arcade's Gabe

• OK, I updated the first post with your card reservation. Thanks for joining in on the fun. I look forward to seeing your card. :)

9 Club i guess reserve for me

• edited January 2015

Ok im gonna update u with my cards progress im polishing it up and it will be done soon hopefully

OK, I updated the first post with your card reservation. Thanks for joining in on the fun. I look forward to seeing your card.

• so do i just edit my post of the card i reserved with the picture of the finished product?

OK, I updated the first post with your card reservation. Thanks for joining in on the fun. I look forward to seeing your card.

• edited January 2015

i posted it at 1st but its not fully done yet since i have to recolor it it will be done in abit

• I'm looking at the card list and I see Sexy Peepers, now I feel like I have to look at it and scar myself.

• @Lehfeels wrote:
    so do i just edit my post of the card i reserved with the picture of the finished product?

You can just post it in a new post in this thread and I'll update the first post of the thread with the link. :)

@dojo32161 wrote:
    I'm looking at the card list and I see Sexy Peepers, now I feel like I have to look at it and scar myself.

Heh, it's definitely unusual if you don't know the context of it. Sexy Peepers was one of my favorite parts of Sam & Max Season Two though and almost redeemed the character in my eyes (almost ;)).

so do i just edit my post of the card i reserved with the picture of the finished product?

• Alt text

Done heres the link of the photo on the website i uploaded it to you can use this link for the original post

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p638/reddude5789/Alex-1.png

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited January 2015

@Jennifer Yeah I played all of the Sam & Max games (the Telltale ones anyway) and I found Sexy Peepers to be funny and mostly disturbing.

@Lehfeels wrote: so do i just edit my post of the card i reserved with the picture of the finished product? You can just post it

• so will i be able to do another if i want to?

@Lehfeels wrote: so do i just edit my post of the card i reserved with the picture of the finished product? You can just post it

• Sure! Feel free to create as many as you like. The more cards the merrier. :)

so will i be able to do another if i want to?

I normally don't post WIP sketches, but since this is going way out of my comfort zone, it's taking a lot longer than usual. So, in light of that, plus the fact that divisionten has returned to the forums (yay!), I'm going to bump this thread with a WIP of my Tyrion Lannister card.

I'm at the point now where I like the sketch enough to start the painting. That'll be the real test, as I've never tried something like this before.

Tyrion WIP

If anyone else wants to do a card, feel free to post it here. Let's get this project done so we can all play games with Telltale themed cards! :D

• Jennifer, that's sweet. I'm going to dig out my tablet this weekend and get my card in order... three years is better than never, right?

• Oh, I see, so we are reviving this one as well. :)

I always wanted to redo my Sybil card in a more realistic style, but never got to more than sketching. But as Jennifer posts sketches, that's what I'm going to do. :)

It really was a bit of a wasted opportunity back then. Getting the Queen of Clubs for Sybil, but not thinking of giving the Club a bit of a Maple Leaf appearance? Oh, the shame. So I thought of something that would not only incorporate this most fleeting of Sybil's jobs, but also a heap of others.

Like this:

Alt text

I normally don't post WIP sketches, but since this is going way out of my comfort zone, it's taking a lot longer than usual. So, in light o

edited April 2018

I just got my Hidden Figure figurine, Emil, from Grickle. So I decided to do another card of the Hidden People invading the Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden based on Anenome's original idea. :)

Emil

As always, the full size card is on my deviantArt page

EDIT: And the hearts are now all done. :D

• edited April 2018

This is a cool project!
    Not participating, just offering my support and amazement.

If only the two Jokers weren't taken yet. It's so fitting today.

Yeah, Joker would have been great to be a Joker card. Since he's "John Doe" in this one, he would also fit on a Jack too, and I'd be happy to move my Jack card if someone wanted to make that card. :)

• Can we do modern Telltale characters?

Wouldn't the Joker from Batman as a joker card be rad?

• Love the project! Hope to be able to see it's completion :smile:

edited April 2018

You can definitely do modern characters. :) I'm working on a Tyrian Lannister card, myself. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, the jokers are taken. You can do a Joker on a Jack if you want (which would fit the "John Doe" motif). I'll be glad to move my Tyrian Lannister card if anyone wants to do that. :)

Acheive250 posted: »

Can we do modern Telltale characters? Wouldn't the Joker from Batman as a joker card be rad?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.