The “Telltale Deck ‘o Cards” Project

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I'd go for the left version, but that is an entirely subjective decision.
  • edited June 2012
    dude whatever happened to this meng
  • edited June 2012
    Life's been busy. At the moment, I'm still trying to pick the pieces back up in the wake of my mom's death three weeks ago.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2012
    I'd go for the left version, but that is an entirely subjective decision.
    Looking on it with a fresh eye I agree, and looking at it the right image looks even less like Jerry Orbach anyway. :o

So if someone could update the first post with my Lenny Briscoe on 6 of diamonds and Theodore Dudebrough on 5 of hearts, I'd be much obliged. :D
  • edited July 2012
    Well, since I've got nothing better to do I tried to make a narrator-card...

SamAndMaxNarrator.png

Yeah, it's not as good as most of the others (seriously, it's incredible how many awesome artists are in this community), but I've tried my best (I used concept art from telltale... don't know, if this is ok).
    edited July 2012
    Like. :)
    edited September 2012
    It was bothering me that one of Telltale's best game series wasn't represented, but I never could think of something creative with Wallace & Gromit that fit the playing cards theme, until now. :)

gromitcard.png

Here's the full-sized version.

To the person who updates the first post with this, it's a card of Gromit (although I had to incorporate Wallace, since it didn't feel right to have an invention without him tinkering on it ;)). So, if someone still wants to make a Wallace card go right ahead. And, if you would rather make a Gromit card, this could easily be called a Wallace card. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, especially since I'd love to see this project finally get finished. :D

So now the only franchises not represented are Hector as well as Tycho and the Heavy. The unrepresented list is getting smaller. :)
    edited February 2013
    Today felt like the perfect time to post this card. Because nothing says Valentine's Day like Tycho's disturbing love for giraffes. ;)

tychocard.png

The full size card is here.

I updated the first post with the latest cards (hope that's OK). Now, let's get cracking to finally get this deck finished! :)
    edited February 2013
    This is why we made you mod. :o
    edited February 2013
    Today's the two year anniversary of the beginning of the Telltale Deck 'o Cards project, so I decided to commemorate it by stepping way outside of my comfort zone and tackling a character I normally would not try to do.

I was looking through the thread, and Sal on the Jack of Clubs was suggested by The Mighty M all the way back on the first day of the project, and surprisingly both the card and the character are still available. So I decided to go for it. This one took a while, but I think it turned out pretty well. :)

salcard.png

The full size card is available at my deviantART page.
    edited February 2013
    Best one yet!!
    edited February 2013
    Best one yet!!
    Thanks. :) As I said before, this project is really helping me to improve my art (and I'm glad it shows to someone other than me :)). I still like the other cards though, even the ones I did two years ago (except King Graham, that one never really sat well with me).

I updated Graham again to his King's Quest V likeness, but I'm still not happy with it. I've got a grander idea for this card that I'll start work on.

But, other than that. I'm off again for another 5-6 months. I'll post another couple cards if the deck isn't finished by then. But hopefully I won't have to. *hint hint* (nudges forum). ;)
  • edited April 2013
    So which ones are we missing? Guybrush, Ghost Guybrush, Demon Elaine, Winslow, Pyrite Parrot, Human LeChuck, Demon LeChuck, Trogdor, The Hidden People, Bosco, Harry Moleman, Bigby Wolf, one of the new Inventory characters. I think that fills all the gaps...
  • edited April 2013
    I still have that Internet sprite I started working on. I just have to go back, finish it, and get it on a card.
  • edited April 2013
    Dibs on Ash if I get time.
  • edited April 2013
    We need Winslow. He needs to be a club card, so that the club can be the X on a map.
    edited April 2013
    Yay! This project is getting back in gear again! :)
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    So which ones are we missing? Guybrush, Ghost Guybrush, Demon Elaine, Winslow, Pyrite Parrot, Human LeChuck, Demon LeChuck, Trogdor, The Hidden People, Bosco, Harry Moleman, Bigby Wolf, one of the new Inventory characters. I think that fills all the gaps...
    The Walking Dead franchise was covered with Rick Grimes, but none of the characters from Telltale's The Walking Dead have been taken.

Also, we're missing everyone from Hector: Badge of Carnage. Plus The Heavy, GLaDOS, Brock Samson, and Claptrap.

Secret Fawful claimed Ash Williams so that part of Poker Night 2 is covered. Fawful, what card do you want so I can update the first page so everyone knows it's taken.

I updated the first page to clean out the cards that haven't been done yet (minus divisionten's cards and GuruGuru214's The Internet card). So, like tbm1986 said Guybrush is indeed up for grabs. :)

I also slightly updated two of my cards: Sal because I missed a sleeve on his shirt for one of his appendages. Plus, I slightly increased the size and smoothed out the rough edges on Purducci (and made the letters on his name tag more legible).
  • edited April 2013
    I can't believe I forgot Guru's The Internet and Divisionten's Anemone, not to mention Hector! I reckon he should be playing with cards coated with BBQ sauce, in only his kecks (alternatively, his gown).

@Jennifer: we still can't see your Sal in the OP. The JoC line is completely missing.
  • edited April 2013
    King of diamonds for Ash.
    edited April 2013
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    @Jennifer: we still can't see your Sal in the OP. The JoC line is completely missing.
    Oops. Thanks for pointing that out. I messed up the link (it was made with quotation marks, and I missed the closing one), but it's fixed now. :)
    King of diamonds for Ash.
    I've updated the opening post of this thread with it. Hail to the King, baby! :D
  • edited April 2013
    So we're no longer making Guybrush the king to Elaine's queen of diamonds? I know it seems Tope isn't doing that card anymore, but I thought we paired Guybrush to that card before Tope ever took up the task. I would've put Ash on the ace of clubs.
  • edited April 2013
    I thought about that as well, but then I saw that Guybrush was in another slot to Tope, so I grabbed the last King there was.
    edited April 2013
    So we're no longer making Guybrush the king to Elaine's queen of diamonds? I know it seems Tope isn't doing that card anymore, but I thought we paired Guybrush to that card before Tope ever took up the task. I would've put Ash on the ace of clubs.
    If anyone still wants to do Guybrush on a king, I'm willing to move King Graham. I was never happy with the way the card turned out and my new card idea takes place when he was Sir Graham.
  • edited April 2013
    Crap! Ive still got my cards to do. Guess I have to start over. I can easily do a GLaDOS card, I've drawn her playing poker before... now to find the file...
  • edited April 2013
    I hope, if the deck is finished by the end of April, it can be included in a patch as an unlockable deck. I wish I were good at art. I can do ideas and be a backseat driver but not the important bit.
  • edited April 2013
    Jennifer wrote: »
    If anyone still wants to do Guybrush on a king, I'm willing to move King Graham.
    Yeah, might wanna do that...
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, might wanna do that...
    Now that The cancellation of King's Quest is official, I'll just pull King Graham from the deck altogether. :(

Because of that, I also pulled out Yoshiwam's Rosella card too. :( I'm keeping the card and number up though, because I've sent a PM and want to see if Yoshiwam is interested in making a new card/updating the card with a new character.
  • edited April 2013
    So, all we know is following Fables at this stage is Walking Dead 2. I think I'll hibernate after Fables.
    edited April 2013
    Crap! Ive still got my cards to do. Guess I have to start over.
    I really liked your Anemone card, and thought it was great as it is.

I actually have a version of it edited to fit to the card size in my Telltale Deck folder on my computer. :)

hearts-07.png
    edited April 2014

It's been over a year since a new card has been made, so I figure it's about time for a new one.

card

Here's the full size card.

If anyone still wants to make a card, there's a lot still up for grabs. All of Telltale's original characters for The Walking Dead, most of The Wolf Among Us (minus Flycatcher), Ash Williams, The Heavy, GLaDOS, Brock Samson, and Claptrap, Fiona and Handsome Jack, and anyone from Game of Thrones. Plus, a whole bunch of other characters from series that have already had a card like Guybrush, everyone from Hector besides Hector, and a ton more. So, there's a lot of space still available if you want to make a card.

Hopefully someone else will take a card, but if not, I'll keep chipping away at them. I really want to see this get finished some day.

• I was originally slated to draw Jennifer Parker for the 5 of Hearts, but it looks like I slacked so long I got trumped. But that's okay, because now, you've inspired me to make a GLaDOS card. It'll be the Ace of Clubs, but drawn to look like the Queen of Hearts. (Or some other combination, if I can think of one that works better.) (No guarantees I won't slack on this one, too, but it's on my todo list.) Thanks!

edited April 2014

Hooray! I'm glad to see there's still interest in this project. :D I updated the first post to mark your intention to make a GLaDOS card.

If you still want to make Jennifer Parker on the five of hearts, I have no problem moving my Theodore Dudebrough card to a different suit. After all, the more cards this project gets, the merrier. :)

I decided to do one more card, Gentleman Claptrap on the Jack of Spades, which covers one more of the Poker Night 2 characters and the Borderlands franchise in one fell swoop. :)

img

The full size card is at my DeviantArt page.

• Love the little guy!!

Well. None of my cards can be retrieved any more. Le sigh.

edited April 2014

Thanks. I quite like the way the gentleman Claptrap came out too. I was afraid that we'd lose some of the links eventually. Luckily, I saved all of the cards made so far to my computer. :)

Vainamoinen posted: »

Love the little guy!! Well. None of my cards can be retrieved any more. Le sigh.

edited April 2014

The massive file compression has ruined both, I'm afraid. Don't know if I still have a version of either in the original format. :(

Maybe I'll make totally new versions of both cards. Eh? ;)

Edit: Lookie Sam, I mean Max, what I found.

Alt text

edit2: Dammit, that is already a compressed version. Which god damn picture service DOESN'T compress them?!?

Need new version. So I can finally make the clubs sign a maple leaf. Because, you know. She's the queen of... well, was, before she sold it, I guess.

edited May 2014

I have a good webhost now with unlimited bandwidth, so if you want to send me an uncompressed version when you make it, I'd be happy to host it on my website for you.

Vainamoinen posted: »

The massive file compression has ruined both, I'm afraid. Don't know if I still have a version of either in the original format. Maybe I

• It's been a while since I made a card for the Telltale Deck 'o Cards Project, but since Telltale just announced the next franchise they're tackling, I figured now is as good a time as any.

Here's Steve from Minecraft on the 4 of Spades, with Banang, since the project was seriously lacking in the Banang department. :P

Steve Card

The full size card can be found on my deviantArt page.

• edited December 2014

so um do i just say the character i want and any open card choice and then its reserved for me unless i go inactive? can anyone get involved or only staff?

Jennifer posted: »

It's been a while since I made a card for the Telltale Deck 'o Cards Project, but since Telltale just announced the next franchise they're t

• Any Telltale character you want that hasn't been taken/reserved, on any card you want that hasn't been taken/reserved, and anyone who's willing to give it a serious try can participate. If you find that you can't, be sure to unreserve. Go for it!

Lehfeels posted: »

so um do i just say the character i want and any open card choice and then its reserved for me unless i go inactive? can anyone get involved or only staff?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.