Questions for the Walking Dead team!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Why did you guys stop making different clothes for Lee? That shirt is nothing compared to his sweet-ass jacket from episode 2.

Yeah I asked this awhile ago. Kinda wish that'd jacket would make its way back into Lee's rotation.
  • edited October 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    Need more specifics than that.

Also as I've said a couple times, this thread isn't a tech support / purchase support thread. This is for questions about the game content with the game developers! There is an entire separate forum for tech support issues. I honestly don't know the answers to a lot of those questions, so by posting them here you are wasting your breath! If you post in the support forum or write to support@telltalegames.com you are more likely to be heard by someone who can fix your problem than by posting it here. I am doing my best to help you guys though!

:D Cant help but laugh
  • edited October 2012
    So was this update on the PS3 suppose to restore my saves? because it didn't.
  • edited October 2012
    I have a problem downloading ep2. It says connection lost while dowloading. I really do need help with this. Im using an ipad2. And my wifi connection is strong enough.
  • edited October 2012
    thats it you wont stop killing my favorite charactors this relationship is over and I want my ring back:mad:
  • edited October 2012
    Im just wondering , this Walking Dead series was one of the best game i've played , and to be honest this story , lets say ,,entered in my soul,, , will be there an Season 2 of this Walking Dead series ?
  • edited October 2012
    Jake, will the choices made affect the ending of the game?
  • edited October 2012
    I have a question for The Walking Dead team. I really liked Chuck, and I wish he´d have gotten more time in the spotlight. However, the way they killed him offscreen at the beginning of the episode made me feel like they didn´t care that much about him, what made you decide to off him that way?

For the record, I have no problem with Chuck dying, I just wish they would have given him the emotional/awesome dying moment he deserved :(
  • edited October 2012
    Fabrimuch wrote: »
    I have a question for The Walking Dead team. I really liked Chuck, and I wish he´d have gotten more time in the spotlight. However, the way they killed him offscreen at the beginning of the episode made me feel like they didn´t care that much about him, what made you decide to off him that way?

For the record, I have no problem with Chuck dying, I just wish they would have given him the emotional/awesome dying moment he deserved :(
    Yertos wrote: »
    What was your reasoning or thought process in killing off Chuck so quickly without giving us time to interact with him? He seemed like a real smart guy who knew how to survive, would have expected him to last much longer then he did.

Give us some Chuck closure! That candy eatin', whiskey drinkin', shovel pwnin', wise old man deserved more screen time!
  • edited October 2012
    At least Chuck got the awesome John Donne line before exiting stage left.

What happened to the "righty tighty lefty loosey" rule in the sewers?
  • edited October 2012
    Do you guys have the story for season 2 already writen? I really hope Lee will not die and he will somehow survive that bite. I really hope. I dont want play as someone else... :(
  • edited October 2012
    Roran_SK wrote: »
    Do you guys have the story for season 2 already writen? I really hope Lee will not die and he will somehow survive that bite. I really hope. I dont want play as someone else... :(

they knew they were getting season 2 long before this episode came out. they could have rewrote it if they really wanted lee to survive.
  • edited October 2012
    Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    14.jpg
  • edited October 2012
    When is the walking dead cuming out for ps3 in the uk
  • edited October 2012
    TT, the patch to fix the saves did not fix my saves. All of my save slots just say new game

support@telltalegames.com
    Oct 14 (1 day ago)

to me
    Hi,

Unfortunately once the saves are lost, they cannot be recovered.

Thank you,
    Matt

thanks TT...I want a refund
  • edited October 2012
    mkane24 wrote: »
    TT, the patch to fix the saves did not fix my saves. All of my save slots just say new game

support@telltalegames.com
    Oct 14 (1 day ago)

to me
    Hi,

Unfortunately once the saves are lost, they cannot be recovered.

Thank you,
    Matt

thanks TT...I want a refund

Good luck. Please email tech support privately, as this thread -- as mentioned several times above -- is not for technical support questions.
  • edited October 2012
    Lucidity, I know you don't give a shit, but this is a huge problem.
  • edited October 2012
    Lucidity, I know you don't give a shit, but this is a huge problem.

Regardless this thread isn't the place for it. This part of the forum isn't the place for it. The support area is there for a reason. But be realistic. They're not going to reply to every thread with a problem (and I say they when it's really just one guy) as that is just a waste of resources. Just because a reply has not been given doesn't mean that the problems are not being looked into.
  • edited October 2012
    Can I just give kudos to the entire team behind the development of this game?
    I'm a fan of the comic book series so when the idea of a TV show came about, I was excited. However that was short-lived when the show didn't live up to expectations. For some reason, some of the emotional decisions and personalities of the characters didn't seem realistic to me. Sometimes it felt too hokey and sanctimonious. I continue to watch it though but I'm never "excited" to see the next episode. More like I'm obligated to watch because of the comics.

But this game has gotten me really excited for what's to come. I feel this story is on par with the comics (if not better, dare I say) and doesn't seem to whitewash disturbing events like I feel the TV show does. It's great to see how the decisions you've made from the beginning culminate in the final moments of Episode 4 where it all boils down to who's going to help you find Clem before your time is up (oh you thought siding with Lilly all that time over Kenny was a good idea? Or you thought Christa and Omid were just filler characters and treated them such?).
    I'm highly anticiapating the finale and, judging from the previous episodes, I won't be disappointed. I wouldn't be surprised if this story was turned into a movie, a mini-series, or even just a graphic novel. Seems like too good of a story to limit it to just the video game crowd. Just thought I'd say these few words to counter all the negative stuff being said (undeservingly btw).

Great job, TT
  • edited October 2012
    Regardless this thread isn't the place for it. This part of the forum isn't the place for it. The support area is there for a reason. But be realistic. They're not going to reply to every thread with a problem (and I say they when it's really just one guy) as that is just a waste of resources. Just because a reply has not been given doesn't mean that the problems are not being looked into.

Yup. Exactly. And though I'm sympathetic to the people who lost their progress, it was obviously not an intentional move by Telltale and it's something they're desperately trying to correct. I mean, do you think they enjoy pissing gamers off? They don't.

And honestly? If everyone took the time they spent complaining here about an issue that the company is already aware of and SPENT that time replaying the game, then the savegames aren't a problem. No, it's not the neatest fix, but it's not like everyone has to play through 100+ hours of gametime to get back to episode four.
  • edited October 2012

You're right...this isn't the place for it. Many members of this community though have been effected by this bug though. Personally, I feel as though the rest of the community should be aware of this and more critical of TT for this issue because it completely ruins the experience of the game. My initial play through can never be had with this game now. The real appeal of this game for me was how i was going to react when presented with difficult decisions. These decisions no longer have any mystery to them because I know the outcome. So sorry for venting on this thread, but this is complete bullshit and we gamers as the driving force that keeps this industry alive shouldn't have to experience such game breaking errors without so much as an apology.
  • edited October 2012
    can someone tell me if telltale will port twd on android cause i have a galaxy s3 and i really want to play this game on my phone
  • edited October 2012
    So sorry for venting on this thread, but this is complete bullshit and we gamers as the driving force that keeps this industry alive shouldn't have to experience such game breaking errors without so much as an apology.

Look, it's obvious you're pissed. It's obvious that many people who have run into the same issue are also pissed. But as I mentioned to another person, demanding an apology is not a good way to get a sincere one. Relentlessly putting down the company, insulting its employees and insinuating that they ignore their fanbase are all pretty heavy accusations. Some of the language I've seen on this site over what was an honest mistake -- a big one, granted, but still honest -- has been truly hideous.

Lest everyone forgets, Telltale also made episodes one through three, which people here loved. That, at least, is why I grow incredibly defensive when I see people show up on these boards and accuse the company of somehow being disingenuous. That's not intended to minimize the seriousness of lost savegames, but it would be nice if the gamers here -- who enjoyed TT's previous episodes and efforts -- would cut the company a little slack.
  • edited October 2012
    Lucidity, I love this game....That's why this is so aggravating. The story is amazing and I'm on the edge of my seat the entire time i play...but if the game can't even hold my saves its complete bullshit.
  • edited October 2012
    My question for TT is can they confirm episode 5 will not delete the users data?
  • edited October 2012
    I guess the community no longer has questions for TWD team
  • edited October 2012
    I need to ask something regarding the second episode, it's been bothering me for a while... is there a way to NOT open the barn door on episode 2? Because I remember I couldn't open it on my first playthrough (before episode 3 deleted my saves) because I clicked on it and Lee dropped the multitool, then Andy came in. But then, when I had to replay the episode, I couldn't make it happen again. This has been bugging me, can you actually NOT open the door, or is my mind tricking me? I also remember not opening the door was one of the things that made me think that there was nothing wrong with the St. John's, because I didn't get to see their personal slaughterhouse before dinner.
  • ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2012
    Viser wrote: »
    I need to ask something regarding the second episode, it's been bothering me for a while... is there a way to NOT open the barn door on episode 2?

Yup! Just leave the barn after solving the generator puzzle. You don't need to open the door.
  • edited October 2012
    ArthurV wrote: »
    Yup! Just leave the barn after solving the generator puzzle. You don't need to open the door.

That's pretty cool, actually. But what about the situation I described, is there a scene where Lee tries to use the multitool but accidentally drops it without opening the door?
  • edited October 2012
    I've always wondered (and I'm pretty sure they do), Have you Devs/Artists/Musicians played every episode so far for yourselves? Is anyone in the company waiting till every episode is done to play through the game?
  • edited October 2012
    Hi there. Could you please answer for some questions that i have been asking here - http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=692104#post692104 ?

Note for other forum members - this is link to a spoilers forum, and text there contains some spoilers that your would want to not see before you complete all current episodes, so choose to read or not wisely.
  • edited October 2012
    Why has this thread been bumped so low?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2012
    Why has this thread been bumped so low?

It was apparently time for it to no longer be stickied. I'll still check it, though!
  • edited October 2012
    I have two questions for the team.

The Walking Dead, both the series and the comics, always seem hell bent on proving that humans are monsters that will turn on each other as soon as society collapses. However, in the videogame, whenever presented with a choice most players go for the most humanitarian option, going as far as to endanger themselves to save another person of the group (for example, Larry in the meat locker or Ben). What do the people at Telltale think about this conundrum?

The second question is: now that Lilly has been confirmed to not be the one from the comics, could she make a reappearance on the videogame? Maybe for season 2?
  • edited October 2012
    Thank you for still check the thread, Jake. My question for TWD team is, what are you guys doing to ensure that episode five will not have a corrupted data issue? To my understanding this has been an issue with previous episodes.
  • edited October 2012
    Languages​​?
  • edited October 2012
    Fabrimuch wrote: »
    The second question is: now that Lilly has been confirmed to not be the one from the comics, could she make a reappearance on the videogame? Maybe for season 2?

When was that confirmed and by whom?
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited October 2012
    Viser wrote: »
    I need to ask something regarding the second episode, it's been bothering me for a while... is there a way to NOT open the barn door on episode 2? Because I remember I couldn't open it on my first playthrough (before episode 3 deleted my saves) because I clicked on it and Lee dropped the multitool, then Andy came in. But then, when I had to replay the episode, I couldn't make it happen again. This has been bugging me, can you actually NOT open the door, or is my mind tricking me? I also remember not opening the door was one of the things that made me think that there was nothing wrong with the St. John's, because I didn't get to see their personal slaughterhouse before dinner.

I believe you can simply run out of time. If you are wait too long and are too slow at removing those screw's, I believe the situation you described will play out.
  • edited October 2012
    When was that confirmed and by whom?

The novel The Road To Woodbury tells the origin story of comic book Lilly, and it´s a completely different character. It was also co-written by Robert Kirkman, it doesn´t get more official than that.
  • Why oh why are the dialogs in QTE-form? It is really fucking annoying. I know it's post-apocalyptic and stuff, but that's no reason to be rude by interrupting people when they're talking. I like to listen to what the NPCs say and THEN read my possible answers and choose from them. But thanks to the very limited answering-time I have to read the answers WHILE the NPCs are still asking the question and then make a split-second decision on what to answer. Can you please change that nonsense?
    Its highpoint was probably in episode 4, when
    you're in the alley right after meeting Molly, before you get into the sewer, when while running from the walkers
    you get your four choices of saying or doing something, I don't know. Because the time was up after I only read one of the choices. That sucks. And it's not that I'm retarded or anything, that system on the other hand is.
    Also: Why are there options where everything that's happening is just a "hm" or a "damn" by Lee. What is the purpose of that?
    Other than those two things, the game-series is a lot of fun. Just wanted to point out something, that really annoys and takes a lot of the fun away.
    Thanks btw for the implementation of the right trigger (on xbox gamepad). In an earlier post I complained about the problem of aiming and shooting with the same finger, though I didn't know then, that every function is double-bound, so in fact it was MY problem, not the games'. Anyways, the implentation of the RT-button to shoot is great. Makes things a lot more comfortable and also gives you the feeling of pulling the trigger. That's very cool. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.