Questions for the Walking Dead team!

Comments

• edited September 2012
    So I spent the $14.99 on the full episode package and I still only have the first episode unlocked to play... The rest still say "coming soon" I see people playing them on other platforms, are they just not available for the iPhone 4? What else could be the problem?
    Thank you for your help...
  • edited September 2012
    zgamer wrote: »
    So....any news for Episode 4 coming up soon? There have not been any updates on the main page for weeks now.

According to a few tweets I've read from a few of the directors etc , they ended voice work about 2 weeks ago and are now working on developing the game. They've already done a play test and from an interview someone did with a telltale employee from PAX ( TTG retweeted it and its on their twitter page) the guy said the game was coming "real soon". So we might get lucky and see the episode 4 by the end of the month.
  • edited September 2012
    We might get Episode 4 EARLY?

That would make my day, to open The Walking Dead and seeing that a new episode is ready to download :D :D :D
  • edited September 2012
    Viner16 wrote: »
    We might get Episode 4 EARLY?

That would make my day, to open The Walking Dead and seeing that a new episode is ready to download :D :D :D

Im sure you´ll get it in 1 month as much.
  • edited September 2012
    You should make more games about zombies or continue the story of Lee and Clementine
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah, this is mainly why I just registered. To show my support and ask you if you're planing on any similar games like this but maybe on a bigger scale?

I do understand if you cant answer my question, but anyways, thank you for an awesome game! :)
  • edited September 2012
    Dnice wrote: »
    Yeah, this is mainly why I just registered. To show my support and ask you if you're planing on any similar games like this but maybe on a bigger scale?

I do understand if you cant answer my question, but anyways, thank you for an awesome game! :)

I'm not a dev, but Telltale is a pretty small company. This is the biggest thing they've attempted and it was a huge success. If they don't turn around and try to follow this up with something bigger, I'll be surprised. Quantic Dream had a worse game than this and followed it up with Heavy Rain. Who knows what the can do?

Hear that, Telltale!? Make Heavy Rain! Do it!
  • edited September 2012
    I'm not a dev, but Telltale is a pretty small company. This is the biggest thing they've attempted and it was a huge success. If they don't turn around and try to follow this up with something bigger, I'll be surprised. Quantic Dream had a worse game than this and followed it up with Heavy Rain. Who knows what the can do?

Hear that, Telltale!? Make Heavy Rain! Do it!

just don't make it quick time events, i have hated them since rhythm games like parappa the rapper (i got my friends to play it) didn't hate parappa the rapper i just don't like QTE type part of it, i think the ones in TWD are good though
  • edited September 2012
    Since TT has committed to a December 4th release date for a retail version, will we see a clear time table for the upcoming episodes?
  • edited September 2012
    I just registered to say thanks for creating this gaming experience. If they could make the tv show have half the plot you guys have, it would be great instead of tolerable. I have no idea how long the game episodes last because I'm so drawn into the characters, time drifts away like a good book.
  • edited September 2012
    aDilloway wrote: »
    So I spent the $14.99 on the full episode package and I still only have the first episode unlocked to play... The rest still say "coming soon" I see people playing them on other platforms, are they just not available for the iPhone 4? What else could be the problem?

Finish the first episode, and you'll be able to play the second.
  • edited September 2012
    When are you going to fill us in on what's going on? Been about a month and no word on episode 4.
  • edited September 2012
    A guy at another forum said that he tweeted Telltale or something and they told him that in December the Walking Dead will be released on DVD,all episodes,full game and the like.Is that true?Is it even remotely possible?Should I hope?
  • edited September 2012
    Foinikas wrote: »
    A guy at another forum said that he tweeted Telltale or something and they told him that in December the Walking Dead will be released on DVD,all episodes,full game and the like.Is that true?Is it even remotely possible?Should I hope?

Yea that´s true.
  • edited September 2012
    Please. Can you tell me if there will have a subtitled French (vostfr) games boxed. Thank you very much !
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2012
    Zargus wrote: »
    With the issues with the Episode 2 and Episode 3 release dates in the EU, will you work around it so that Episode 4 and Episode 5 will be released at the same time or within a day of each other instead of being delayed?
    I am pretty sure we submit the games to Sony and Microsoft for all territories at the same time. Some regions seem to take longer to approve the game.

Miaou50 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    The subject of this topic is "Questions for the Walking Dead team!", but if I post a question here, would I really have a answer from the WD Team ? Really ?
    ;-)
    Nope! Wait..

Yeah, but its a crapshoot. Most are overlooked.
    People asking tech support questions in this thread, or asking release date questions, are questions for the support forums, or one of the 8 billion release date threads! Why put them here, too?

Lil Kis wrote: »
    I'm asking the developers this:

Will you be making sequel's of the walking dead at all after all 5 episodes are released? Also can you make the main character a woman this time so you can make the game more scary? Thanks
    We've announced that we'll be doing more Walking Dead games, but beyond that no details yet, sorry!

Kirov wrote: »
    So many people are PISSED because i dont know you guys are lazy or something but why did you made carley die as she is one of the cool characters.And most people on YouTube are complaining about it, saying they are not satisfied and soon they are going to want $ back idk its getting out of hand
    Kirov wrote: »
    Well yeah, the thing is why the fuck give the option to save her in Ep 1 for her to die in Ep 3 when you like the character at some point the character may die but you dont want your choices to not matter, and most people didnt get their choice transfered to Ep 2 so they had to change some files :\ dick move
    This is a tough thing. I have a question for you, I guess: What would really make it feel like your choice "mattered?" Episode 3 spoilers here:
    How much longer would Carley have to live before it "meant something?" Would it have meant something if Carley made it up to the last moment of the game and died then? What if she made it up to the second-to-last moment of the game? Third-to-last moment? What if she made it to episode four instead of three? Or are people really saying it "didn't matter" because Lee and Carley didn't have a family together and cure the zombie outbreak?
    I was happy to see people so attached to Carley, and really happy to see people actually missing her! That to me feels like it matters, but I know different players have different opinions on what "matters" means.

I've also seen annoyance expressed that
    Carley and Doug die in the same place in the story.
    The argument made here is that their deaths being symmetrical means that they are irrelevant. Ask yourself this:
    What would people have said instead if Doug lived longer, or Carley? I suspect they would say "Telltale, why did you make MY character die first? I made the wrong choice and now I have to go back and save the RIGHT person!"
    I don't see that as a better situation!

zgamer wrote: »
    So....any news for Episode 4 coming up soon? There have not been any updates on the main page for weeks now.
    Episode 4 info will be coming very soon, I believe!

aDilloway wrote: »
    iOS has episodes 1 and 2. 3 is coming soon.

Dnice wrote: »

Again, more Walking Dead games are coming after the season is done, but yeah, details are still slim, as we're still finishing the first season.
  • edited September 2012
    Very nice post there Jake, especially the Carley/Doug part! Thumbs up!
  • edited September 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    The argument made here is that their deaths being symmetrical means that they are irrelevant.

I think that may have been me, in a different thread. If so, "irrelevant" may not have been the best choice of words.
  • edited September 2012
    Hey, there's less picking and choosing with the questions than I thought. He answered tons of questions and even made me look like a jerk! This thread is aweso...ow, my pride!
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks Jake. I will miss Doug but I definitely agree with your statement regarding his and Carley's death. For me the event was even more shocking because I,mistakenly :D, suspected they were at less of a risk than any of the others. For me the circumstances and reason for their deaths fitted their individual characters perfectly and tragically happened due to the build up of previous events.

My question: is there any chance of us meeting up with Lilly again in future seasons?
    My Lee was a friend and would of left with her but I'm sure the more vengeful type would like to get some payback.
  • edited September 2012
    Why does Carley get the Lee's past subplot in episode 3 where you can actually choose how to tell some or all of the people, and Doug has nothing to contribute as a subplot for 3? He doesn't know but why not make a couple extra scenes with him to substitute?
  • edited September 2012
    to the writer and team of the walking dead.
    the story its self is extremely well written and i do agree to killing off Carley in ep. 3.
    Waiting too long and then killing her off near the end would have been too much of a emotional tragedy for most gamer's. wouldn't have made me mad if you had as i can see that as poetic in nature of TWD. In life anything can happen the good AND the bad.

as for the question: 1.what can we expect to see in season 2 in terms of story but nothing spoiler in nature. 2. this one is a bit out of the right section but after TWD S2, and fables,and most likely TWD S3, will you guys make Back to the Future S2?
    im asking because the voice actor that play dr. brown is geting on in years and would hate to see it end because he died.

Thanks for all the hard work.

from multicolt
  • edited September 2012
    I will admit I was one of the first who was a little upset when the games weren't coming out to the schedule that I thought they were but I've settled in for the long haul and I'm excited to get through the next two episodes.

My questions are:
    1) Are you ever going to do DLC for the two months between episode one and two? Maybe add something in that would possibly influence the other episodes? (Since that answer is most likely a no...)

2) I personally think it would be fantastic if, and I do mean IF, a new main character came into season 2, would it be possible to have a "create your own character" option? I have been waiting for a game where I could customize a character that looked similar to myself and have them wade through the zombies. I had heard already about a possible season 2 and I'm just excited to see more of telltale's walking dead.

3) My last question: Will our decisions from season 1 influence season 2?

Thanks for your time!
    Nunya
  • edited September 2012
    Someday the texts are in spanish?
  • edited September 2012
    When is retail out in the UK?
  • edited September 2012
    Who are the winners of the pre-sale contest?
  • edited September 2012
    Since you guys changed some of the plot in episode 3 (the trophies that were released earlier). What was originally supposed to happen with the forklift? It ain't really spoiling anything if you changed it :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2012
    Since you guys changed some of the plot in episode 3 (the trophies that were released earlier). What was originally supposed to happen with the forklift? It ain't really spoiling anything if you changed it :)

For a while in the design, the forklift was going to be used to clear the wreck out of the way by the overpass. It was replaced with the scene with Lee and Clementine getting the blowtorch together, and Lee and Omid up on the overpass with their "looks like we're going to have to jump" moment.

Who are the winners of the pre-sale contest?

I don't know who they are, actually, but they will be showing up scattered across the final two episodes.

Nunya wrote: »
    I will admit I was one of the first who was a little upset when the games weren't coming out to the schedule that I thought they were but I've settled in for the long haul and I'm excited to get through the next two episodes.

My questions are:
    1) Are you ever going to do DLC for the two months between episode one and two? Maybe add something in that would possibly influence the other episodes? (Since that answer is most likely a no...)

2) I personally think it would be fantastic if, and I do mean IF, a new main character came into season 2, would it be possible to have a "create your own character" option? I have been waiting for a game where I could customize a character that looked similar to myself and have them wade through the zombies. I had heard already about a possible season 2 and I'm just excited to see more of telltale's walking dead.

3) My last question: Will our decisions from season 1 influence season 2?

Thanks for your time!
    Nunya
    1) Unlikely!

2) Customizing a character would be interesting, possibly, but it would create some weird situations for us. We put a lot of work into what our characters look like, and then pair them with a voice actor who we think sounds the way that particular character would sound. If we had a character who could look like anything, but always sounded the same, and always talked about the same life story, I think that could break the character-driven aspects of the game, or at least make them feel less genuine. It's an interesting problem, though.

3) I know this is getting old but we haven't really put much thought into future Walking Dead games as we're still incredibly busy finishing up the current ones!

multicolt wrote: »
    to the writer and team of the walking dead.
    the story its self is extremely well written and i do agree to killing off Carley in ep. 3.
    Waiting too long and then killing her off near the end would have been too much of a emotional tragedy for most gamer's. wouldn't have made me mad if you had as i can see that as poetic in nature of TWD. In life anything can happen the good AND the bad.

as for the question: 1.what can we expect to see in season 2 in terms of story but nothing spoiler in nature. 2. this one is a bit out of the right section but after TWD S2, and fables,and most likely TWD S3, will you guys make Back to the Future S2?
    im asking because the voice actor that play dr. brown is geting on in years and would hate to see it end because he died.

Thanks for all the hard work.

from multicolt
    0) Woo!

1) See the previous guy's question number 3 :)

2) I can't see far enough ahead through this Walking Dead episode 4 and 5 haze to answer that question reliably. We haven't announced anything beyond Walking Dead and Fables, so stay tuned I guess!

2.5) From what the BTTF team has said, Christoper Lloyd is an awesome dude. He may be old but he ruled as Doc Brown in the game. That we had him to play the part is my favorite thing about those games.

Yertos wrote: »
    Why does Carley get the Lee's past subplot in episode 3 where you can actually choose how to tell some or all of the people, and Doug has nothing to contribute as a subplot for 3? He doesn't know but why not make a couple extra scenes with him to substitute?
    Doug totally hit the starter block of the RV with a hammer! Did you see how much faster that engine turned over? That's worth its weight in gold! ... Honestly I think we didn't give Doug and "equal" thing just because it seemed like, realistically, nothing would happen at that moment with Doug. Oh man: We briefly discussed Doug building some sort of smoke bomb or something, during the time in episode 3 when you're solving the mystery of the pink chalk with Duck. The idea was that you'd get to use a smoke bomb to confuse bandits during the bandit raid. In the end it seemed too convoluted and goofy, especially on top of the already convoluted and goofy pink chalk mystery which was happening concurrently.
    FarmerJoe wrote: »
    Thanks Jake. I will miss Doug but I definitely agree with your statement regarding his and Carley's death. For me the event was even more shocking because I,mistakenly :D, suspected they were at less of a risk than any of the others. For me the circumstances and reason for their deaths fitted their individual characters perfectly and tragically happened due to the build up of previous events.

My question: is there any chance of us meeting up with Lilly again in future seasons?
    My Lee was a friend and would of left with her but I'm sure the more vengeful type would like to get some payback.
    It's pretty unlikely that we'll see Lilly again. I hope she's alright.
  • edited September 2012
    Do you guys take what we say into consideration for your next steps?
    Or are your plans set in stone?

Also, considering the likelyhood of TWD becoming quite popular, will you be considering getting any big voice actors to appear in the next season?
  • edited September 2012
    Well you guys stick with your current crew for Season 2 or get a bigger one so you can release the episodes monthly?
  • edited October 2012
    Hi I have already made a thread.
    I would love it if you increase the difficulty of the game.
  • edited October 2012
    Is the main plot line of the game and future episodes set in stone or are you guys sort of adapting it as you go along? Also was the main plot of episodes 1-3 exactly as you planned them from the start of development?

Sorry if the questions had already been asked, I'm too busy (and lazy) to look through previous pages. Thanks for making a great game and having this thread btw.
  • edited October 2012
    Jake wrote: »

I've also seen annoyance expressed that
    Carley and Doug die in the same place in the story.
    The argument made here is that their deaths being symmetrical means that they are irrelevant. Ask yourself this:
    What would people have said instead if Doug lived longer, or Carley? I suspect they would say "Telltale, why did you make MY character die first? I made the wrong choice and now I have to go back and save the RIGHT person!"
    I don't see that as a better situation!

personally i believe that if
    doug or carley had died at a different time (didn't need to be a different episode) it would have made a big difference, the symmetry of opposite choices is what makes the choices matter less, and doug really did nothing in episode 3 except die, why couldn't lee and doug have had a bro moment instead of a love interest moment?
    Anyway, with all that said, great game and i cant wait for MOAR
  • edited October 2012
    are you going guys to release some posters of the game ?
    cuz i really want it
  • edited October 2012
    Will there be a season 2 of The Walking Dead game, with a new love interest for Lee and survivors from this season making an appearance from this season to the next? because I would keep Omid and/or his girlfriend
  • edited October 2012
    1. Will you guys be releasing some game posters? Individual character posters, posters with two-three characters in them such as Lee and Clem, Katjaa Duck and Kenny, Lee and Carley, Lilly and Larry, some scene posters, etc? I would LOVE to buy them, and definitely would and put them on my room to let anyone who walks in know that I'm a proud Walking Dead game fan! ^^ I've grown so attached to this game and it's characters.
    2. Can we be expecting references in ep 4 and 5 to those who died/left in ep 3? Carley, Doug, Katjaa, Duck, and Lilly. Having chosen Carley on my playthrough, I miss her so much, and I miss Katjaa and Duck so much too. Doug references for the Doug fans who deserve theirs too, and I honestly hate Lilly yet it feels so different without her. I might have hated her, but she's a fantastic character. I hope we'll be getting some references!
  • edited October 2012
    This question may have been asked before (and if it has could someone bring me up to speed?) but:

Whenever TellTale finishes a season we have the option to purchase a boxed copy. As per the recent announcement, the Walking Dead is no different. Some may consider it a given at this point but *just* to make sure, can we expect some extra goodies to come in the package (be it concept art, behind the scenes, whatever) just like other series?

On that same note, people who purchase a season can get access to exclusive offers like the Tales of Monkey Island Standard DVD for the price of shipping. I may be asking the wrong people and/or you guys may not be able to say yet but if I purchased the season on a console will I have access to at the very least similar deals? Or is this a PC exclusive thing?
  • edited October 2012
    So far, there is only a plan to have a later retail release, which will be separate. No news on a collector DVD.
  • edited October 2012
    Are you thinking of making another story telling zombie style game? :)
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited October 2012
    EMDBear wrote: »
    Are you thinking of making another story telling zombie style game? :)

Not at the moment. The Walking Dead is giving us to tell an amazing story in a Zombie infested world, and for the moment we are happy exploring that to the fullest! But if you really want more Telltale zombie goodness, there is always Sam & Max Episode 203: Night of the Raving Dead!
This discussion has been closed.