Questions for the Walking Dead team!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I proposed Clementine's Severed Head as a TF2 item, but it didn't go over well.

Go and F-ing propose it again!
    EDIT: Dang it I didn't make a joke about how
    you could do the same with Tyson's severed head and it actually go with the story.
  • edited April 2012
    When is next episode of Playing Dead ?
  • edited April 2012
    Arsun97 wrote: »
    When is next episode of Playing Dead ?

:confused:
  • edited April 2012
    Something I just thought of.
    If Lilly was with the governor, and she knew both Glen and Hershal(assuming), why didn't she recognize Hershal during the governor's attack? Glen left beforehand, not Hershal though
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    If Lilly was with the governor, and she knew both Glen and Hershal(assuming), why didn't she recognize Hershal during the governor's attack? Glen left beforehand, not Hershal though
    I have a feeling that the drug store storyline plays out before Lee and Clementine meet Shawn (Hershels son) and that Lilly split up with the group before this
  • edited April 2012
    I don't want to pre-order the walking dead game until I am sure that it will be on the Nintendo Wii platform. There is no Wii symbol at the bottom of the home page, even though in your FAQ's you have said it will be available on all major platforms. Could you please answer if it will indeed be available for Wii, so I can pre-order. Thanks.
  • edited April 2012
    kevbar6521 wrote: »
    I don't want to pre-order the walking dead game until I am sure that it will be on the Nintendo Wii platform. There is no Wii symbol at the bottom of the home page, even though in your FAQ's you have said it will be available on all major platforms. Could you please answer if it will indeed be available for Wii, so I can pre-order. Thanks.

Well I can't say if it'll be on the Wii or not (though I doubt it) you're wasting your time waiting to pre-order it as you can only pre-order the game for PC/Mac through this site. I don't believe it's possible to pre-order the game for any other system.
  • edited April 2012
    Well I can't say if it'll be on the Wii or not (though I doubt it) you're wasting your time waiting to pre-order it as you can only pre-order the game for PC/Mac through this site. I don't believe it's possible to pre-order the game for any other system.

Mr. Biggins have right. The preorder via web is ONLY for PC/Mac systems.
  • edited April 2012
    kevbar6521 wrote: »

It's not being released on the Wii (at least not at first, you never know what Telltale's planning in the future). There are rumors of it coming for the Wii U, but at the moment those are just that, rumors.

And like the two people before me have said, pre-ordering on this site gets you the PC version.
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »

Good point.

Maybe she had an argument with Hershel?
    Maybe Hershal was looking older and she didn't recognize him?
    Maybe she really didn't notice Hershal in prison?
  • G.RossG.Ross Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    I proposed Clementine's Severed Head as a TF2 item, but it didn't go over well.

Oh man that would be awesome...
  • edited April 2012
    G.Ross wrote: »
    Oh man that would be awesome...

There Michael, you got one of your own members to back this idea back into circulation GO GO GO!
  • edited April 2012
    Hey Guys,

I've got a question: I've preordered "The Walking Dead" some days ago. What about the chance to get a walker in the game? Cause it on the site it said, that you'll need a photo of me and up to five people are choosen to become a ingame walker. So if I get choosen, will you contact me or did I just overlooked something?

Thank you ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Bloodwyn89 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I've got a question: I've preordered "The Walking Dead" some days ago. What about the chance to get a walker in the game? Cause it on the site it said, that you'll need a photo of me and up to five people are choosen to become a ingame walker. So if I get choosen, will you contact me or did I just overlooked something?

Thank you ;)

They will contact you if you are one of the chosens. Via e-mail.
  • edited April 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    They will contact you if you are one of the chosens. Via e-mail.

ah okay, thank you ;)
  • edited April 2012
    i have a few questions i would like answered by some that works at telltale games.

in one of the playing dead episodes you mention something about
    your action in the game can have consequences that will play across the whole season being the 5 episodes.
    it gives a very small hint to a season 2 of the game

i am thinking that the walking dead game is also in a kind of way a space filler for the big fans that watch the show to fill the gap why they wait for season 3 to air at the end of this year.

will there be a moment were lee sees someone comes back as a walker who has not been bitten and has died by a gunshot or something along those lines?
    (like when rick sees tyreese daughter come back in the comics)
    if not is it something that has been or will be considered for the game?

IDEA
    I was thinking that rick could be in the game but only in the way were you see him in the hospital bed still in the coma lee could think nothing of it that he is just another dead person

i would hope to see rick in a later episode but not in a big way were you have to help him out in a way were you just bump into each other have a small chat and move on....

just a few thing i have been thinking about if i think of anything else i will post it

i cannot wait for this game its gonna be so good
  • edited April 2012
    No, the use of the term "season" doesn't imply a second season. Telltale calls all their episodic games a "season" because...well, because I guess it's easier than calling them "a bunch of episodes."

To date, Sam and Max is Telltale's only series to get more than one season. While that doesn't mean it's impossible for The Walking Dead to get another season, I wouldn't count on it.

I also wouldn't even bother thinking about sequels when the game itself isn't out yet.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    GeneralC wrote: »
    i am thinking that the walking dead game is also in a kind of way a space filler for the big fans that watch the show to fill the gap why they wait for season 3 to air at the end of this year.

Please also note that TWD is NOT based on the TV show, but exclusively on the comics!
  • edited April 2012
    Also bearing in mind that telltale already stated Rick will not be in the game at all. Only Glenn, Hershal(possibly his kids), and Lilly will.
  • edited April 2012
    good info guyz thnx :)
  • edited April 2012
    Hello guys, made a thread about this but no one seems to know exactly.

If i have traded for a freshly purchased steam preorder of walking dead, will I get entred into the contest upon activating the game on my steam account,

or is the contest reserved for the actual buyer from the steam store?

I am completely unclear on how this works :)

I am happy to tell you that i have gotten 4 of my friends to preorder the game from steam :)

I hope you guys do well with this release, and continu making interesting games.

Jurrasic park 2 would also be great :)
  • edited April 2012
    How long after America gets it on PSN will the UK?
  • edited April 2012
    Hey guys, i don't think i've seen this asked anywhere so here goes. I bought the game off the telltale website. Ive got both a mac and a pc but id rather play on my iMac ( Shiny new screen :cool: ) so do i get the option to choose what platform i can download it on? Or if i install on my mac and it runs like shit, will i be allowed to install on my PC instead?
  • edited April 2012
    itsadey wrote: »
    Hey guys, i don't think i've seen this asked anywhere so here goes. I bought the game off the telltale website. Ive got both a mac and a pc but id rather play on my iMac ( Shiny new screen :cool: ) so do i get the option to choose what platform i can download it on? Or if i install on my mac and it runs like shit, will i be allowed to install on my PC instead?

There are two buttons where you can download an episode: one for Pc and another for Mac. By this way you will always can choose.
  • edited April 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    There are two buttons where you can download an episode: one for Pc and another for Mac. By this way you will always can choose.

Thanks bro!
  • edited April 2012
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but how much space will each part take up on my Xbox hard drive?
  • edited April 2012
    chemdog wrote: »
    :confused: I pre-ordered the game weeks ago....did it not come out today? I still dont have anything in my email to download the game.

No, comes out tomorrow. Check the new stickied page, perhaps your time zone is different than Telltale's.
    Here, check this out
  • edited April 2012
    Hello

Im a Quadriplegic so im only able to play point and click games. So my question is can this game be played as a point and click game?
  • edited April 2012
    joey6957 wrote: »
    Hello

Im a Quadriplegic so im only able to play point and click games. So my question is can this game be played as a point and click game?

That one might be a problem. It would honestly depend on the intensity of the action sequences.
  • edited April 2012
    joey6957 wrote: »
    Hello

Suggestion: wait some guys to have played the game. I'm sure they will tell you if you have problem to play or not.
  • edited April 2012
    Out of intrigue more than anything i was wondering about your process in creating this game, and how you got around the little things, and whether the little things are actually little things at all, questions to follow :-)

Like in films/tv, do you use a physical board withnhand drawn ideas on to help you throug the storyline?

Upon the release of the first episode do you know the possible endings of the fifth or is this still up in the air?

It has been mentioned that in the first episode you can save one of two people (so one must die?) in the second episode if such a choice hapoens again, will it differ through who you saved in ep1? (ie if you save person A in ep 1 you get to choose to save person C or D, saving person B would give the option to save person E or F) //now i wrote that and i barely understand it lol//

2 hours has been given as the playthrough time for the first episode, is it possible to explore the world you have created, and are there any benefits from doing so?

Thanks for any answers you provide, if no answers are provided i understand you may be a little busy today :-)
  • edited April 2012
    what time does it come out for me in cali. its April 24 and it 10 am and still nothing
  • edited April 2012
    Is Telltale based in california? so if they're saying 6pm, would that not be going by California's time?
  • edited April 2012
    Hey guys, congrats on some of the good reviews already rolling out. Just installed my copy through steam, but i was wondering. I payed what was it, the whole 20 dlls for the game. Is this only for the first episode? Will i have to pay for the other episodes? I dunno if this is like the back to the future were all episodes were included. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • edited April 2012
    glottis8 wrote: »
    Hey guys, congrats on some of the good reviews already rolling out. Just installed my copy through steam, but i was wondering. I payed what was it, the whole 20 dlls for the game. Is this only for the first episode? Will i have to pay for the other episodes? I dunno if this is like the back to the future were all episodes were included. Please let me know. Thanks!

You bought 5 episodes.
  • edited April 2012
    Where do i download the game....i pre-ordered 3 days ago and cant download!!!!! HELP!

firehecht
  • edited April 2012
    firehecht wrote: »
    Where do i download the game....i pre-ordered 3 days ago and cant download!!!!! HELP!

firehecht

It's only out for steam right now. If you bought it on telltale, it isn't out yet...
  • edited April 2012
    Finally got steam version installed on Windows 8. Had to run in XP compatibility mode, game freezes if controller is plugged in and won't load. Finally got into game and there are polygons missing everywhere with glitches and black bars

Any ideas? I'm gonna install on my win7 home pc too, just wanted to try it out at work first
  • edited April 2012
    Hey TellTale. Just played through your first episode. Great stuff and I really cared about the characters you created.

I had some audio problems though. A few times when speaking but mostly when a pistol was fired. It was very scratchy and took a bit away from the overall enjoyability. Is there some fix I can do on my end or is it something you'll fix with a patch at some point?
This discussion has been closed.