Questions for the Walking Dead team!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Is the zombies ability and action are based on the description given in the book "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks?
  • crofaelcrofael Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    Finally got steam version installed on Windows 8. Had to run in XP compatibility mode, game freezes if controller is plugged in and won't load. Finally got into game and there are polygons missing everywhere with glitches and black bars

Any ideas? I'm gonna install on my win7 home pc too, just wanted to try it out at work first

Any Windows 8 video drivers are going to be experimental versions, so I am not surprised there are glitches, but at the same time because we don't have a lot of information on those drivers, I don't know that there's much we can do about it unfortunately.
  • edited April 2012
    So... when Episode 2 comes out..... will our save files from the Steam version work to continue our story???? Since they're probably in different folders????

Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation. That way I can play a game that works while I wait
  • edited April 2012
    So are you guys always this crappy with release of your games, and treatment of you customers? I do not want a buggy Steam code as compensation (buggy as proclaimed by you yourselves comparing Steam version to TTG version), and am surprised at that being the compensation.

And this is a question for the Walking Dead Team, so unless you are on it...dont bother fanboy answering.
  • edited April 2012
    Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation.

Compensation for what? For getting the game in time? How about no?
  • edited April 2012
    i just finished playing trough the first episode when will episode 2 come out
  • edited April 2012
    big-augen wrote: »
    Compensation for what? For getting the game in time? How about no?

Getting the game in time? I think not. I refuse to soil my computer with that terms of service nightmare called Steam. I already tried the game on my bro's PC at our shop through steam and it was glitchy as hell to the point I couldn't play it, and yes it met the requirements.

Giving me a code to a 3rd party program release and expecting me to install 3rd party software is not acceptable. Maybe if they gave me a PSN code for the game so I could actually PLAY it maybe that would be ok.
  • edited April 2012
    Why is there no German texts in the game :-(
  • edited April 2012
    Why is there no German texts in the game :-(

Only English at the moment.
  • edited April 2012
    will the xbox version be out soon or is that on a delay
  • edited April 2012
    Can you please add some keymapping options?

I do not use a game controller and I normally use Q and E to strafe left and right not A and D. So this is really causing me issues having everything backwards. Some simple keymapping customization is really needed for keyboard/mouse users. For example, spamming Q and E to save my life got me killed once because I never use those keys for that. Would love to set things the way I like to play the way I feel most comfortable.

If this is in the game and I missed it my apologies. Please advise me how to change these settings as I cannot locate them.

Also, think you might be working on smoothing out the performance in patches? I run a quad core PC with 10gb ram, Windows 7, 64-bit with 10gb ram and Nvidia GTX 570 but for some reason during cut scenes it gets slightly choppy and the audio occasionally skips as well. Definitely not a game killer but certainly annoying. Would love to see the performance smoothed out.

Altogether though I am really enjoying it. Haven't gotten far into episode 1 yet but there have been a few scares and some cool choices. Beyond the awkward controls and the minor performance issues this title could turn out to be really highly regarded.
  • edited April 2012
    Can you please add some keymapping options?

I do not use a game controller and I normally use Q and E to strafe left and right not A and D. So this is really causing me issues having everything backwards. Some simple keymapping customization is really needed for keyboard/mouse users. For example, spamming Q and E to save my life got me killed once because I never use those keys for that. Would love to set things the way I like to play the way I feel most comfortable.

If this is in the game and I missed it my apologies. Please advise me how to change these settings as I cannot locate them.

Also, think you might be working on smoothing out the performance in patches? I run a quad core PC with 10gb ram, Windows 7, 64-bit with 10gb ram and Nvidia GTX 570 but for some reason during cut scenes it gets slightly choppy and the audio occasionally skips as well. Definitely not a game killer but certainly annoying. Would love to see the performance smoothed out.

Altogether though I am really enjoying it. Haven't gotten far into episode 1 yet but there have been a few scares and some cool choices. Beyond the awkward controls and the minor performance issues this title could turn out to be really highly regarded.
    I read from a TTG employee in another thread that the keys are not mappable by design :/ So, I don't think it will be something they add in. Never know for sure though, they just may.
  • edited April 2012
    I have a question regarding content ownership, after uploading a video where i have a look at chapter 1 of the game providing commentary, i got a copyright notice from CBS, is this valid or could i dispute the claim?
    Also am i allowed to publish such a movie?
  • edited April 2012
    Does anyone know about a iPad release? Ive searched all the sticky threads? I'm needing my zombie fix. Thanks
  • edited April 2012
    Why, why, why in the world in 2012 have you system locked the PS3's save file? I don't get why you did this. There's no reason for it. All you have to do to keep people from playing each others' saves is lock the save file to the account, not the system. Now I can't back up my save file and I'm pretty irritated about it.

Had I known that the save would be system locked, I wouldn't have bought the game. Please fix this in a patch or give me a refund.
  • edited April 2012
    I need to know if you guys can give us the option for inverting the X and Y axis. The game is unplayable to me as my brain was trained the other way. It's incredibly frustrating, and I bought the $20 5 ep. subscription. I should have just got the one episode and found out for myself, but I didn't and now I feel not only like I'm missing out on a great game - I feel I wasted $20.

Is it really that complex to add in the inversion option? I'm on PS3.
  • edited April 2012
    i got question for telltale why is walking dead in australia playstation store not up yet
  • edited April 2012
    Twitter has blown up posting articles and a trailer saying twd for ios has been pushed back till summer. Is this true? Thanks
  • edited April 2012
    Something I think should really be added to the game, just a page in the Settings - Controls section, that lists the PC controls instead of just the XBox controller you have now. I think that would be a very useful reference tool for us PC gamers. :) I do have a Logitech controller, and tried playing the game with it, but I really prefer the mouse and keyboard controls better.
  • edited April 2012
    i got question for telltale why is walking dead in australia playstation store not up yet
    Mike wrote: »
    Sorry, but due to the OFLC ratings laws in Australia and New Zealand, and the fact that this is a mature game, we do not currently have plans to release the game there on consoles.

And I'd like to know why New Zealand doesn't get The Walking Dead (on consoles) when we have an R18+ rating that specifically caters for "mature" games!
  • edited April 2012
    the Australian pc version is uncut right?
  • edited April 2012
    Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation. That way I can play a game that works while I wait

Yeah, they should also gift us a house and a car.
  • edited April 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »

De acuerdo! Agreed
  • edited April 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »

And a hot plate!
  • edited April 2012
    And a hot plate!

Only want a house.

Thank you, Telltale. :D:p
  • edited April 2012
    I am agree with the spanish guy. It's a wonderful game, butr the spoken scenes are very hard to understand without knowing english very, very well!
    I know the difficulties of an integral dubbing, but...the subtitles at least!!! Does anyone know if we have a hope about subititles translations?
  • edited April 2012
    when will it be ready for the xbox 360
  • edited April 2012
    Tomorrow!
  • edited April 2012
    (edited to move to correct forum :) )
  • edited April 2012
    Do the people that actually work at telltale not know an eta for an ipad 2 release? I am a paying customer like everyone else for telltales games and I can't even get one single answer.
  • edited April 2012
    ivanman wrote: »
    I am agree with the spanish guy. It's a wonderful game, butr the spoken scenes are very hard to understand without knowing english very, very well!
    I know the difficulties of an integral dubbing, but...the subtitles at least!!! Does anyone know if we have a hope about subititles translations?

I've buyed the PSN season pass,cause i'm addicted to TWD novels and Tv serial...please....please....patch italian subtitles,the game is very interesting,but isn't easy to read english subtitles and meantime listening the dialogues and play game....please...italian subtitles asap....:mad:
  • edited April 2012
    Apologies in advance if this question has already been asked, but, are there any plans to, possibly, add some extra mechanic to the dialogue selections for the game to provide a greater sense of the emotional inflection/tone of what you're about say? I find in some places what I *think* I'm about to say doesn't really come out as I thought it would.

The text might read as non-hostile, but the line is delivered with a hostile tone/attitude, achieving the opposite effect of what I intended. I thought, perhaps, patching in a color coded system might help alleviate this.

BioWare's Dragon Age series utilized symbols to denote emotion, and I couldn't help but think something like that might aid in guiding the conversations more smoothly, especially given the tense situations the survivors find themselves in and the timer we are under to choose.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi. Was wondering when next episode of Playing Dead willcome out?
  • edited April 2012
    Developers,

Youtubers who do Let's Play The Walking Dead Episode One is getting hit with Copy Right Claim in the last part of the gameplay.

"Audiovisual content administered by:
    IDG Germany"

Is there a way you can fix this?
    Picture:
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1606/fakecopyright.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    when is episode 2 coming out ??
  • edited April 2012
    myles6834 wrote: »
    when is episode 2 coming out ??

In 1 month. Last week of May.

The episodes will be released monthly.
  • edited April 2012
    will we have to pay for the other episodes

If you purchased from TTG web or Steam nope.

If you purchased the season pass from Xbox or PS3 nope.

If you purchased only episode 1 (5 bucks) from Xbox or PS3 yes.
  • edited April 2012
    thanks .....ugh though not used to waiting.....oh well I can replay it with diff outcomes to see what If anything new happens
  • edited April 2012
    I would like to know if the game is going to be translated into French? Or for the audio in French or for the sous titles?
  • edited April 2012
    Please tell us if it is planned to continue with new episodes (episode 6 + x) later on!
This discussion has been closed.