Questions for the Walking Dead team!

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Odds are against it. The comic follows Rick for the entire time mostly, it would be hard to put in a cameo appearance and any interactions between Lee and Rick would be nonexistent pretty much.
  • edited March 2012
    Odds are against it. The comic follows Rick for the entire time mostly, it would be hard to put in a cameo appearance and any interactions between Lee and Rick would be nonexistent pretty much.
    Lee would have had to have seen Rick while he was in a coma at the hospital for them to be together.
  • edited March 2012
    let me start out by saying this is the first arcade game i am realy looking forward to it looks so great cannot wait

i was wondering when you are taking on multiple walkers will the game-play be different than the game-play shown in the Robert kirkman interview

an will there be a sort of season pass for xbox and ps3 users were we get a
    small 2 dollar discount or a bit of extra content like alternate costume or say a rick grimes style python or maybe even the machete glenn uses in season 2 of the tv show

if anyone else has ideas for bonus content feel free to post it
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Lee gives Rick a secret tattoo that even Rick hasn't yet discovered. It was too awkward for us to actually show in the game, sorry, but know in your hearts that that encounter happened. Kirkman will reveal it in a 2014 issue of the comic.

Am I going slightly insane? Yes!

Shorter, real answer: No, Rick and Lee don't ever meet in the game.
  • edited March 2012
    Please do some research about what Telltale is.
  • edited March 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    Lee gives Rick a secret tattoo that even Rick hasn't yet discovered. It was too awkward for us to actually show in the game, sorry, but know in your hearts that that encounter happened. Kirkman will reveal it in a 2014 issue of the comic.

Rick must have "BOSCO" tattooed on the back of his neck.
  • edited March 2012

I think this is your 5555th post, congratulations.

EDIT: Due to merge, I will just put my other post here
    Please do some research about what Telltale is.

Well half and half on the research.
    GeneralC wrote: »
    let me start out by saying this is the first arcade game i am realy looking forward to it looks so great cannot wait First XBLA game you mean?

i was wondering when you are taking on multiple walkers will the game-play be different than the game-play shown in the Robert kirkman interview This is a illegitimate question. During the zombie attack, it was focused completely on one zombie, and that same style would be wierd should it be used ALL the time when fighting zombies. However, zombies are not always the main problem of the Walking Dead, so this should only happen once or twice, not enough to justify anything major.

an will there be a sort of season pass for xbox and ps3 users were we get a
    small 2 dollar discount or a bit of extra content like alternate costume or say a rick grimes style python or maybe even the machete glenn uses in season 2 of the tv show What? THIS is where you should have researched. Telltale does NOT do season passes, it is buy the game for $25 all together, or $5 per episode, no passes or anything. Secondly, the game has nothing to do with the tv show. Thirdly, Telltale does not add bonus content to certain purchases and it certainly wouldn't be a weapon in a game that ISN'T about fighting zombies. Thirdly, PSN users get a theme for buying all the episodes.

if anyone else has ideas for bonus content feel free to post itNO! Telltale only has done that once, and even they admitted that was stupid.
  • G.RossG.Ross Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012

Definitely.
  • edited March 2012
    GeneralC wrote: »
    an will there be a sort of season pass for xbox and ps3 users were we get a small 2 dollar discount or a bit of extra content like alternate costume or say a rick grimes style python or maybe even the machete glenn uses in season 2 of the tv show

if anyone else has ideas for bonus content feel free to post it

Well Xbox is letting you pay for the whole season, I dont know about Ps3. As for any bonuses in the game. Thats not going to happen.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    I believe ordering the season on PlayStation Network nets you a premium XNB theme, but there (to my knowledge!) aren't plans for extra in-game unlocks for ordering.
  • edited March 2012
    Rick must have "BOSCO" tattooed on the back of his neck.

Or a tattoo of the Netherlands, on his nether lands.
  • edited March 2012
    The release date is the 24th right? This is going to be agony. I want to play the game already! No comics til the 18th and no show to tide me over? Got the social networking games but they aren't really that enjoyable. Give me something to tide me over for the next 25 days!
  • edited March 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    The release date is the 24th right? This is going to be agony. I want to play the game already! No comics til the 18th and no show to tide me over? Got the social networking games but they aren't really that enjoyable. Give me something to tide me over for the next 25 days!

There isn't a release date for the game yet.
  • edited March 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    There isn't a release date for the game yet.

Well the release is April 2012, the preorder offer ends April 23rd. So I extrapolated. Could be off by a day or so but it's close enough and still fits my demand.
  • edited March 2012
    I've been watching all the Q&A and the Playing Dead but I haven't heard how much you can really shape this world. For example, can you simply turn around and put a bullet in Clementine?
  • edited March 2012
    I'm curious how much freedom we will really have as a player, can we simply turn around and put a bullet in Clementine? My guess is probably not, but maybe some other allies we just don't want around can get knifed. I really hope we do have the freedom to kill most anybody, as in the comic and the TV show this was always an option for survivors. Shane wanted to sleep with Lori, so he was going to kill Rick. Please incorporate this feature into the game, I want to be able to murder people if they get on my nerves or are holding me down.
  • edited March 2012
    Guys they pretty much confirmed Rick being in the game during one of the Playing dead interviews. Go back and watch them if you don't believe me, they said something like blah blah people from the comics like Rick and Glenn and Hershel. But if you did meet him you would probably have to shoot him, he's a cop and you're convicted of murder.
  • edited March 2012
    I actually have to read the comics now because I want to know about that prison and the weird Michonne person everybody is talking about.
  • edited March 2012
    I'm curious how much freedom we will really have as a player, can we simply turn around and put a bullet in Clementine? My guess is probably not, but maybe some other allies we just don't want around can get knifed. I really hope we do have the freedom to kill most anybody, as in the comic and the TV show this was always an option for survivors. Shane wanted to sleep with Lori, so he was going to kill Rick. Please incorporate this feature into the game, I want to be able to murder people if they get on my nerves or are holding me down.

Are you a psycho or something? O_o

"Telltale, please, let me kill the character I don't like in-game. Rick would." What kind of question is this? Do you really have read the comics?

The last sentence creeps me out. You're like The Governor.
  • edited March 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    "Telltale, please, let me kill the character I don't like in-game. Rick would." What kind of question is this? Do you really have read the comics?

In the comics, Rick did say he would kill anyone for his family with no hesitation, if they asked that of him.
  • edited March 2012
    Razorneck wrote: »
    In the comics, Rick did say he would kill anyone for his family with no hesitation, if they asked that of him.

Sure. For surviving. When he believes they're on danger. Not because a person being rude with Rick or their family he would kill him/her, for instance.

This is not that kind of game where you kill anybody when you want (comic plot either, concerning Rick, at least). It's not GTA.

I hope in the game we will have to make some decision that implies let somebody die or not or even kill someone at some part of the history but I don't think there's a button in ALL character interactions what makes Lee to kill that character, do you?
  • edited March 2012
    I actually have to read the comics now because I want to know about that prison and the weird Michonne person everybody is talking about.
    Buy the compendium (volumes 1-8). You can get it for a decent price now. Volume 16 should be released in the summer, so some time after that you will be able to buy compendium 2 (volumes 9-16).
    Personally I bought compendium 1 some time last year, but couldn't wait until compendium 2 was released, so bought the remaining volumes individually.
  • edited March 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    Sure. For surviving. When he believes they're on danger. Not because a person being rude with Rick or their family he would kill him/her, for instance.

This is not that kind of game where you kill anybody when you want (comic plot either, concerning Rick, at least). It's not GTA.

I hope in the game we will have to make some decision that implies let somebody die or not or even kill someone at some part of the history but I don't think there's a button in ALL character interactions what makes Lee to kill that character, do you?

He said something about he was ranking his group (at the prison). So he knew who to pick or kill if he had to choose. Cause he didn't care who lived or died. Don't get me wrong though I agree with you that you shouldn't be able to kill anyone you disagree with (I think TTG already said that's not gonna happen).
  • edited April 2012
    I am not sure if this is an appropriate question, but I figured I would give it a go. I recently purchased a new iPad 32 GB for a bunch of different reasons, but one of the rather bigger ones being the ability to play The Walking Dead later this month, if it does release for the iPad that is.

That said, between the New iPad and iPad 2, do you all foresee any major shortcomings on playing The Walking Dead on this platform or should I just stick with my Macbook?

I have seen a lot of people asking whether or not this will be released for iOS devices and I have done a good deal of Google searches just to scour the Web for some information in order to ascertain whether or not it will. From the looks of it every article I have come across points to a late April release for iOS devices, if that is true I am super excited.

At any rate I was looking for an honest opinion on the developers behalf as to which platform would be the wisest to stick with. Heck, if it is released on both Mac OS and iOS I will most likely end up buying both iterations to have on the go.

Thanks for your time, it is appreciated.
  • edited April 2012
    He said something about he was ranking his group (at the prison). So he knew who to pick or kill if he had to choose. Cause he didn't care who lived or died. Don't get me wrong though I agree with you that you shouldn't be able to kill anyone you disagree with (I think TTG already said that's not gonna happen).

Yep Rick goes a bit nuts as the story goes on lol
  • edited April 2012
    Alot of people are new too ttg so im guessing they dont really know what their games are all about its not a gta game its not a deadisland game its a adventure game adventure games are in their own genre of game and its gonna be great. Alot of people i think are under the impression its gonna be a typical zombie shooter.
  • edited April 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    under the impression its gonna be a typical zombie shooter.

This is the reason why I'm here, because it isn't ;)
  • edited April 2012
    This is the reason why I'm here, because it isn't ;)

I'm here because years ago someone said there would be pie.... I'm still optimistic that there will be pie.
  • edited April 2012
    yes pie .....damned it now i hungry...
  • edited April 2012
    Telltale team, in the IGN site TWD game release date is 17th of April. Is this correct or they are just guessing. Thanks
  • edited April 2012
    Brutas wrote: »
    Telltale team, in the IGN site TWD game release date is 17th of April. Is this correct or they are just guessing. Thanks

And if so will that be in europe as well and for xbox and playstation or just the pc for now?
  • edited April 2012
    Will this game be out for iPhone4 :confused:
  • edited April 2012
    Brutas wrote: »

Do not believe any release dates until you hear it on this site or in an official trailer.
  • edited April 2012
    if anyone else has ideas for bonus content feel free to post itNO! Telltale only has done that once, and even they admitted that was stupid.

Wait... Are you refering to the TF2 Preorder items for S&M and Poker Night? Or am I just missing something here?
  • edited April 2012
    Wait... Are you refering to the TF2 Preorder items for S&M and Poker Night? Or am I just missing something here?

Nutri-Specs.
  • edited April 2012
    Regardling release date, I think if TTG was deadset on one you would know it now. My guess is when they know the exact date, you'll know the exact date ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Nutri-Specs.

Yeah, I could care less about TF2 items. I did get a nice chunk of games for my max head, and then people said I got ripped off. I don't think $50 worth of games for a virtual hat is getting ripped off:p.... Telltale add TF2 items NOW!
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, I could care less about TF2 items. I did get a nice chunk of games for my max head, and then people said I got ripped off. I don't think $50 worth of games for a virtual hat is getting ripped off:p.... Telltale add TF2 items NOW!

Oh I forgot about the Nutri-Specs, don't see why it had to be PS3 exsclusive either. Speaking of, other than the invietable DVD, secret preorder thread, and chance to be part of the game; do you think Telltale has anyother gems they'll toss at us for preordering the Walking Dead? Say MORE TF2 items to pawn off? (Granted I still have mine, but y'know...)
  • edited April 2012
    Unless there's another Inventory game in the works, I kind of doubt we'll be seeing any more Telltale TF2 items anytime soon.

It'd be nice if they did, though. I'm still kicking myself for buying The Devil's Playhouse too late and not getting Max's Severed Head.
  • edited April 2012
    I proposed Clementine's Severed Head as a TF2 item, but it didn't go over well.
This discussion has been closed.