Questions for the Walking Dead team!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Is Any controller support? adding remapping for the mouse would be nice. I cannot enjoy the game when I am looking at the keybd.:mad:
  • edited April 2012
    jimbow86 wrote: »
    Is Any controller support? adding remapping for the mouse would be nice. I cannot enjoy the game when I am looking at the keybd.:mad:

There is 360 controller support for the PC version.
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    There is 360 controller support for the PC version.

I dont have 360 controller,most all of my game has mapping for you own setting to the controller. At looking at all the threads,there a lot of people with the same problem with this game
  • edited April 2012

you can download a freeware program called xpadder that lets u use any ps3 or xbox controller on any pc game ever made simply bye configuring the buttons to ur key board and mouse example ps3 left analog would be W,A,S,D R1=left mouse button L1=right mouse button right analog would be mouse EXT. i have everything u need in my drop box if u want it
  • edited April 2012
    you can download a freeware program called xpadder that lets u use any ps3 or xbox controller on any pc game ever made simply bye configuring the buttons to ur key board and mouse example ps3 left analog would be W,A,S,D R1=left mouse button L1=right mouse button right analog would be mouse EXT. i have everything u need in my drop box if u want it

sure thanks, where is your drop box
  • edited April 2012
    sure thanks, where is your drop box

well what are u trying to use a ps3 controller or xbox for ur pc games
  • edited April 2012
    well what are u trying to use a ps3 controller or xbox for ur pc games

xbox 360
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

I just finished the walking dead demo. Amazing game. Congratulation.
    Like a lot of person, i'am ready to buy the complete game (all season),
    but waiting for language sub-titles traduction. (French, German, Italian etc...)
    Could you give us information about this ?
    I thinks is a very important things to do, and not really complex.
    thanks.
  • edited April 2012
    Hello,

Any chance to have subtitles in FR, DE, ES, and IT one day ?

Please made an official position about it..

THANKS.
  • edited April 2012
    1. When is the final save? I quit before the preview of Ep. 2 to avoid spoilers, did it save for continuation?

2. If I replay, will it replace my decisions? Can I choose which save to import into Ep. 2?

Thanks!
  • edited April 2012
    1. The final save is at the beginning of the ending motel scene, where you talk to everyone.

2. If there were any dialogue choices made during it, they would be overwritten at the time you play it, according to TTG's explanation that all choices are saved.
  • edited April 2012
    Greg. wrote: »
    Hello,

Any chance to have subtitles in FR, DE, ES, and IT one day ?

Please made an official position about it..

THANKS.
    we still waiting....maybe an useless hope?All of us would to follow the storyline best as we can....help us to enjoy the taylor made experience,please,answer .
  • edited May 2012
    how do we play the game THE WALKING DEAD??? I start and he say the password and user name i do it and than he do nothing and there is a site going to open and its the site the walking dead do some1 now how we do this? pls
  • edited May 2012
    I am looking for the PC Demo for this game, so I can play it a bit, before I decide to buy it and see if I like it or not, is there a demo for this game?
  • edited May 2012
    Do you have a steady schedule for future episode releases, or that's subject to change due to the nature of the business?
    I want to know if we are to expect new episode releases on the same schedule as the Pilot episode (04/24/12; last release date of each month), or there's a different plan all together?
    Thanks.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Do you have a steady schedule for future episode releases, or that's subject to change due to the nature of the business?
    I want to know if we are to expect new episode releases on the same schedule as the Pilot episode (04/24/12; last release date of each month), or there's a different plan all together?
    Thanks.

Judging from previous releases, there is no schedule besides roughly "monthly". Don't try to calculate a date, because it never works. The community has been playing something called the "release date guessing game" for years now, sometimes very actively and in special threads. :D

/edit: Awwww, damn. I tried to link to a tag search, but this is obviously not working. You can search for the tag "guess the release day" though to see how things went in yesteryears, I tagged quite a few that way. ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Pensez vous faire une traduction vosfr dans un avenir plus ou moins proche?

think you do a translation vostfr in a more or less near future?
  • edited May 2012
    Je ne comprend absolument pas pourquoi nous n'avons pas d'information sur la traduction.
    La question est pourtant simple: Oui ou Non aurons-nous droit à une traduction ?
    Prenez position sur la question, car beaucoup de joueur commence à perdre patience.

I d'ont understand why there are no information about traduction FR, DE, IT, ES...
    The question is simple: Yes or Not, will you do traduction ?
    Take position about this, a lot of gamer are very impatiente.

Qu'il y ai une traduction ou non, je trouve ça bizarre de ne pas donner l'information.
    Surtout que c'est pratiquement le seul point que les joueurs reproche au jeu...
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Theres no way the kids will be any "Deep stomache churning" danger in the series right?
  • edited May 2012
    sebizuka wrote: »
    I d'ont understand why there are no information about traduction FR, DE, IT, ES...
    The question is simple: Yes or Not, will you do traduction ?
    Take position about this, a lot of gamer are very impatiente.

We are still waiting for an answer. The french community of fans of the walking dead is more important that you think.
    A lot of gamers are very, very impatients, really. German, italians, spanish, french : we are waiting for an answer! We want a translation of the game !
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Has Anyone tried an Autofire controller on the Toilet Monster struggle?
  • edited May 2012
    Patsy10 wrote: »
    We are still waiting for an answer. The french community of fans of the walking dead is more important that you think.
    A lot of gamers are very, very impatients, really. German, italians, spanish, french : we are waiting for an answer! We want a translation of the game !

Yo, please be patient. I know about the problems you and the others have, but the game is just passed episode 1..the team is, I'm guessing, busy with programming episode 2.
  • edited May 2012
    Patsy10 wrote: »

this.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    this.
    I don't know the answer to this in the long term. Our games usually get localized to all get out eventually. Right now I believe the plans are pretty limited in terms of localization in the immediate future. Someone who isn't me needs to give a more formal answer, though! I'm not informed enough to give you guys something definite :)

CapnJay wrote: »
    Theres no way the kids will be any "Deep stomache churning" danger in the series right?
    No, why would children be in any danger in the Walking Dead?
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Jake wrote: »

No, why would children be in any danger in the Walking Dead?

Well honestly if Clementine was in danger of facing the R word by bandits or evil people. Lee would save her anyway so I probably shouldn't to worry about it. and besides the ratings board wouldn't even it be implied as a danger. Now Carley or Lilly face it though.
  • edited May 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't know the answer to this in the long term. Our games usually get localized to all get out eventually. Right now I believe the plans are pretty limited in terms of localization in the immediate future. Someone who isn't me needs to give a more formal answer, though! I'm not informed enough to give you guys something definite :)

Thanks for the answer. :)
    I'm just hoping that Telltale will grow in terms of localization (the last official Italian and Spanish localization was for Wallace&Gromit).
    But at least we have some answers now, and we are not in a limbo anymore! So again thank you very much, and congratulations for the masterpiece you're creating with The Walking Dead. ;)
  • edited May 2012
    I wish I had something to share in regards to localizations, but I don't at the moment. Sorry!

We are definitely currently working on a patch to add Spanish subtitles, however, and that should be out fairly soon.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    I wish I had something to share in regards to localizations, but I don't at the moment. Sorry!

We are definitely currently working on a patch to add Spanish subtitles, however, and that should be out fairly soon.

Hi mike
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    So here's a question i've been beating around the bush with because quite frankly it's uncomfortable to talk about. In the game will any female come under the threat of Rape? I mean it wont happen obviously because badass Lee will save the day. but will it be an issue thats addressed?

and here's another question.

People in the forums says that TTG listens to it's fans and takes what they say into account when designing the games. Is there any obvious examples of this?

I mean like how Mass Effect 3 brought back Conrad Verner {because fans loved him} and had him mention a save game bug from the sequel [because fans joked about it}
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    So here's a question i've been beating around the bush with because quite frankly it's uncomfortable to talk about. In the game will any female come under the threat of Rape? I mean it wont happen obviously because badass Lee will save the day. but will it be an issue thats addressed?

and here's another question.

People in the forums says that TTG listens to it's fans and takes what they say into account when designing the games. Is there any obvious examples of this?

I'm sure they won't give away the first question (if they said yes or no, it would be a major spoiler, don't you think?).

There are obvious examples for the second question - mostly details, but obvious details. In "Tales of Monkey Island", a secondary character who was instantly loved by the community was given an expanded role (and hopefully survives into Season 2 ;) ).

Also, one of the community's running gags at the time was an actual Argentinian TV broadcast which depicted a fictional (and sincerely toxic) drink from the Monkey Island series as reality after misinterpreting an obviously satiric forum post which even added an XD emoticon. So in the fifth episode, a soda machine in the afterlife actually had "Grog XD" available. That was quite a laugh and I remember the inclusion fondly. ;)

Then they included Silverwolfpet's fan song "Monkey in my pocket" and actually had the protagonist's voice actor sing a variant of it. Silverwolfpet wasn't even a moderator back then.

As for TWD, they can't do a lot of that sillyness they did in the humorous MI series, but I'm pretty sure after the community's initial reaction that
    Carley will at least have another battery incident
    . :D
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited May 2012
    I'm sure they won't give away the first question (if they said yes or no, it would be a major spoiler, don't you think?).

There are obvious examples for the second question - mostly details, but obvious details. In "Tales of Monkey Island", a secondary character who was instantly loved by the community was given an expanded role (and hopefully survives into Season 2 ;) ).

Also, one of the community's running gags at the time was an actual Argentinian TV broadcast which depicted a fictional (and sincerely toxic) drink from the Monkey Island series as reality after misinterpreting an obviously satiric forum post which even added an XD emoticon. So in the fifth episode, a soda machine in the afterlife actually had "Grog XD" available. That was quite a laugh and I remember the inclusion fondly. ;)

Then they included Silverwolfpet's fan song "Monkey in my pocket" and actually had the protagonist's voice actor sing a variant of it. Silverwolfpet wasn't even a moderator back then.

As for TWD, they can't do a lot of that sillyness they did in the humorous MI series, but I'm pretty sure after the community's initial reaction that
    Carley will at least have another battery incident
    . :D

well i'm pretty sure the answer to my first question is it wont be in there I mean considering the audience and avalibility and all
  • edited May 2012
    I purchased the game yesterday and only played 5 minuted. It seems like a good game, but I got turned off because I'm used to moving the reticule with inverted controls. Sry to say, but i will not purshase any futire episodes or even finish the first one until I get that option.
  • edited May 2012
    phroskies wrote: »
    I purchased the game yesterday and only played 5 minuted. It seems like a good game, but I got turned off because I'm used to moving the reticule with inverted controls. Sry to say, but i will not purshase any futire episodes or even finish the first one until I get that option.

Cool story bro
  • edited May 2012
    Cool story bro

Made my day... :D
  • edited May 2012
    big-augen wrote: »
    Made my day... :D

indeed
  • edited May 2012
    Mike wrote: »

Oh no,spanish only....Please make hurry for italians sub too.....I,ve purchased all episodes pass on PSN,but it's too hard to follow subtitlrs and images in time....please:mad:
  • edited May 2012
    Ziogio65 wrote: »
    Oh no,spanish only....Please make hurry for italians sub too.....I,ve purchased all episodes pass on PSN,but it's too hard to follow subtitlrs and images in time....please:mad:

There is no "fan-made" subs in the internet?

Oh, my bad, you're talking about PS3 :doh:
    Poor non-PC users :p
  • edited May 2012
    Istibul wrote: »
    There is no "fan-made" subs in the internet?

Are there already any German "fan-made" subs for The Walking Dead?
  • edited May 2012
    Cansean wrote: »
    Are there already any German "fan-made" subs for The Walking Dead?

Sorry, i spent few hours to find an Ubersetzer for you and...nothing =\
  • edited May 2012
    Thank you anyway.

I haven't bought it yet, but do you know how difficult it would be to translate/change the data by myself, if it won't be done until then?

It would be more for my brother than myself ^^.
This discussion has been closed.