Michael J. Fox in Episode 5 - discussion

Comments

• edited June 2011
    No, there is another...
  • edited June 2011
    we can probably rule out any time between 1980-2020 as any rational adult SHOULD be able to recognize a DeLorean.

You sure about this? I was born in 1983, and if Back to the Future didn't exist, I'm not sure I'd ever have known about DeLoreans.
  • edited June 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    The announcement said that it's someone that Marty met in the movies.

The only logical answer I can think of is Seamus' baby who's name I forget from Back to the Future Part 3. He'd be 45 years old in 1930.

When the word first got out, that's who I expected Michael J. Fox could play.
  • Scnew wrote: »
    You sure about this? I was born in 1983, and if Back to the Future didn't exist, I'm not sure I'd ever have known about DeLoreans.

I was born in 1983 as well :)

There was one in the wedding singer (that movie was made in 1997 but took place in 1985). I'd think if someone saw one they'd know it's a car. It would have been interesting had the delorean gone outside in daylight in 1955 what people would have figured. Doc does is 2015 but we are unknown at this point if the future in the game will be our future or the one shown. I get the fact that movies dont exist in the world they are in. So in BTTFverse there never were films relased titled 'back to the future' but they can't say what would have happened to the deloreans legacy had their films never been released.
  • edited June 2011
    The interesting thing about the DeLorean in BTTF is that it's so heavily modified that many people who only know DeLoreans by that appearance will, on first seeing a regular DeLorean, not be able to recognize it. I had that problem myself.

Still, regardless, it's a car. Even Jennifer's ancestor recognized that much about the DeLorean.
  • edited June 2011
    That is IF we ever get to play the game... So much for May 2011..
  • edited June 2011
    malott72 wrote: »

Sure was announced a month ago that it was coming out in June!
  • edited June 2011
    I got no problem waiting. Its going to be worth it.
  • malott72 wrote: »

any source which told you May was not telltale.
  • edited June 2011
    I'll be at E3 tomorrow, but I'm sure they will announce whatever the other revelations are before I get back to post.
  • edited June 2011
    Arakara wrote: »
    See the genealogic tree of the family here :
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/McFlyFamily.svg
    How come Marty Jnr and Marlene exist in this tree, do we have evidence that they were actually conceived? With all these changes, it may alter the outcomes.
  • edited June 2011
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    How come Marty Jnr and Marlene exist in this tree, do we have evidence that they were actually conceived? With all these changes, it may alter the outcomes.

Wishful thinking, but I don't think BttF:tG storyline has the courage to alter the normal timeline and keep it like that after the finale.
  • edited June 2011
    Really, it doesn't have the courage to do much of ANYTHING that might actually contribute to the franchise in a meaningful way. It seems content to be a child stumbling about in Daddy's work shoes with a tie haphazardly tossed over its shoulder, rather than growing up and actually doing something worthwhile in the story department.
  • edited June 2011
    Freaking amazing :D
  • edited June 2011
    Really, it doesn't have the courage to do much of ANYTHING that might actually contribute to the franchise in a meaningful way. It seems content to be a child stumbling about in Daddy's work shoes with a tie haphazardly tossed over its shoulder, rather than growing up and actually doing something worthwhile in the story department.

Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Beating on a dead horse, are we? How often do we have to rehash this same old tiresome diatribe? I'm sure that none of us read you the first ten-million times. :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2011
    bttf4444 wrote: »
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Beating on a dead horse, are we? How often do we have to rehash this same old tiresome diatribe? I'm sure that none of us read you the first ten-million times. :rolleyes:
    Actually, the first nine million, nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety seven times were about gameplay specifically, split between issues of difficulty and player agency.

THIS, on the other hand, is entirely based on the game's meaningful story contribution(or rather, lack thereof), a topic that I've at most barely touched upon in the past.
  • edited June 2011
    Actually, the first nine million, nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety seven times were about gameplay specifically, split between issues of difficulty and player agency.

Yeah, we've read them all...
    face.gif

I'm with you with almost everything you've said so far, but now WE ALL KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE GAME. You also had your own topic with your (sarcastic but accurate) "review". It's good to be entitled to our own opinions, and I respect that. But I'd like to keep reading yours instead of jumping them because I got that Troll-ey feeling.
    Now everything it's becoming Rather Bashing! :D

Back in topic:
    The announcement didn't thrill me too much, because it will not change the gameplay at all (and I'm not so fond of this series), but I'm sure that true MJ and BTTF fans will be very pleased by his return!
    (and BTW the story gots its moments introducing the morality of time travels, and a subtle fight between Doc & Marty - and IMHO the overall plot is almost better than the 3rd movie).
  • edited June 2011

Well, I could agree with you, but I don't, and here's why (I hope it's well written enough for you to read) :

I think that if BTTF "4" is a game and not a movie, it's because there's a little respect from the makers (Bob Gale is the name that I've in mind) for the oldest fans who thinks that the serie had a really good conclusion with the trilogy and doesn't need a next part. So there, we have a little game, 25$ (really nothing), not an EA Games type of game (and that's pretty cool).

When you make a game (or a movie), you always have to take care of the opinion of ALL your viewers/players (not just guys like us). So you can't tell "fuck" to those who thinks the movie makes a good conclusion.

I don't think that the devs lacks courage, but I think that Bob Gale have enough respect to not try to make a lame and expensive sequel like Indiana Jones 4 that changes everythink, 20 years or so after the last movie.

Instead, he makes a little game, just for the fans who wants to see a sequel (if you're only into the movies, the game doesn't matters for you). It's as ridiculously fun as the movies, and there's some awesome ideas.

Seriously, Citizen Brown, I love it (I admit that I'm not really into Edna Strickland, but whatever), and it can change a LOT of things!

In the end of Episode 4, Marty gave is real name to young Doc. 24 years later, maybe he will remember him when Marty comes to his home...
    THAT could be awesome.

Another thing... Doc told us that the Delorean is a duplicate version made from the end of the second movie that he found in 2025, with Biff Tanen trying to steal it... What if Doc Brown has been duplicate in 2025 too?
  • edited June 2011
    Am I missing the place that the MJF character said 'my name's Mcfly' cos I dont remember that? Could someone send me link plz
  • edited June 2011
    Am I missing the place that the MJF character said 'my name's Mcfly' cos I dont remember that? Could someone send me link plz

Here you go.

It's in a very short clip at the beginning.
  • edited June 2011
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    Actually, I would more suspect they both exist but Marty and Jennifer also have a third kid in this timeline... but I'm really just guessing wildly.

What I want to know is why, when most of the males are blue and all the females are pink, the Baines family including Lorraine is all in green. Are they hermaphrodites?
  • edited June 2011
    Here you go.

It's in a very short clip at the beginning.

• edited June 2011
    Marty's great grand father. (Arty's dad).
  • edited June 2011
    Actually, the month for the last episode was never given until a few weeks ago. There was an image used to promote the season which gave the months of release, I'm sure someone has it handy. Anyway all it said for the last episode was 'Finale'. Any site saying May were just guessing.
  • edited June 2011
    Yea I saw dug deeper and saw the mistake so took it down. Sorry
  • edited June 2011
    No worries, now it just means I look like I'm talking to myself!
  • edited June 2011
    It doesn't seem to suit his voice at all after watching the trailer!! Anyone else think so? Maybe it was just that scene. (I hope) Or maybe they can change it before.
  • edited June 2011
    around june 4th i got some of those weekly updates in the gaming world from IGN i believe it was. it said something along the lines of Michael J Fox returns to Back to the Future for the finale, but not as Marty McFly. the article was very short but one of the lines really interested me. it mentioned that he will be voicing TWO characters, none of which will be Marty... I been trying to find something through google mentioning the same thing i read to no avail. has anyone else read this? or has been posted possibly?
  • edited June 2011
    itssas83 wrote: »
    around june 4th i got some of those weekly updates in the gaming world from IGN i believe it was. it said something along the lines of Michael J Fox returns to Back to the Future for the finale, but not as Marty McFly. the article was very short but one of the lines really interested me. it mentioned that he will be voicing TWO characters, none of which will be Marty... I been trying to find something through google mentioning the same thing i read to no avail. has anyone else read this? or has been posted possibly?

Err, it's in the trailer on the frontpage?

I don't know who it is, I was just thinking it didn't suit MJF's voice...
  • edited June 2011
    yeah i understand what your saying, they confirmed he's doing two characters tho? thats all i was asking.

and yeah i second you on your thoughts kinda also, like the voice sounds a bit young for the character or something, cant quite put my finger on it. being who's voice it is tho i can get around it i guess :)
  • edited June 2011
    itssas83 wrote: »

No, I read this as well. It was in an article somewhere. It will interesting to see who he plays if none of them are Marty.
    A lot of people seam to think that the character in the trailer is William Mcfly (the baby from the 3rd film)
  • edited June 2011
    There's already a thread for MJF's character...
    but this is what you were looking for. It was in the blogs.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-828
  • edited June 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    I think series 1 has been pretty good, my main problem is the choice of graphics... woah before you all complain ''Graphics dont matter'' Your right in a certain part but also wrong... Heres my reason. Your not going to play a gta game with looney tune graphics, and your not going to play a looney tune game with gta graphics... simple and in this case i think bttf should had a more realistic approach...

Anyway back to what this thread was orginally, i think the annoucment is going to be about a series 2 and perhaps maybe if we are lucky, telling us that there will be a big suprise at the end... (michael j fox)

Or maybe something else...

Au revoir

Yoman45135

The graphics are fine for this game, and to everyone who doesn't like this game, you could play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y306cWw98a4 - this instead and and then tell me what you think about TellTale's game.

Anyways though, MJF being in this game is going to be awesome.
  • edited June 2011
    Arakara wrote: »
    I don't think that the devs lacks courage, but I think that Bob Gale have enough respect to not try to make a lame and expensive sequel like Indiana Jones 4 that changes everythink, 20 years or so after the last movie.

Instead, he makes a little game, just for the fans who wants to see a sequel (if you're only into the movies, the game doesn't matters for you). It's as ridiculously fun as the movies, and there's some awesome ideas.

Well said.
  • edited June 2011
    Ashki wrote: »
    The graphics are fine for this game, and to everyone who doesn't like this game, you could play this instead and and then tell me what you think about TellTale's game.
    I've played both.

Telltale's game is still bad, and in many ways worse.
  • edited June 2011
    I've played both.

Telltale's game is still bad, and in many ways worse.

This I have to call you out on man. TellTale's game is leaps and bounds better than LJN's. It has the music from the movies, the recognizable characters, the DeLorean. Helluva lot better than catching hearts while trying to "break Lorraine's heart".
  • edited June 2011
    This I have to call you out on man. TellTale's game is leaps and bounds better than LJN's. It has the music from the movies, the recognizable characters, the DeLorean. Helluva lot better than catching hearts while trying to "break Lorraine's heart".

I wouldn't argue with him, when someone says something like that, they're set in their ways, personally, TellTale's game is way, way better then anything LJN put out concerning the BTTF franchise.
  • edited June 2011
    Aesthetically, yes, the game succeeds. It actually doesn't have the music from the films, though(the entire score, aside from a few small key bits, is actually composed by Jared Emmerson-Johnson). As games though, the LJN games are actually better in some key ways, in that they did actually try to make something that was meant to be played for fun. Granted, the end result is horribly broken, unbalanced, and as far from fun as you could possibly get, but that's no different than what Telltale has made. The main difference is that Telltale's Back to the Future is unbalanced in absolutely the opposite direction. I'd also argue that this makes Telltale's game WORSE in some ways, as the LJN game didn't ever try to "add" to Back to the Future(only badly interpret it), and thus never had the chance to create a new chapter of the story that is entirely lacking in imagination.
  • edited June 2011
    Aesthetically, yes, the game succeeds. It actually doesn't have the music from the films, though(the entire score, aside from a few small key bits, is actually composed by Jared Emmerson-Johnson). As games though, the LJN games are actually better in some key ways, in that they did actually try to make something that was meant to be played for fun. Granted, the end result is horribly broken, unbalanced, and as far from fun as you could possibly get, but that's no different than what Telltale has made. The main difference is that Telltale's Back to the Future is unbalanced in absolutely the opposite direction. I'd also argue that this makes Telltale's game WORSE in some ways, as the LJN game didn't ever try to "add" to Back to the Future(only badly interpret it), and thus never had the chance to create a new chapter of the story that is entirely lacking in imagination.

HA! I'm sorry. *snickers* Laughing Joking Numbnuts. Can't believe you sided with them.
  • edited June 2011
    leon101 wrote: »
    HA! I'm sorry. *snickers* Laughing Joking Numbnuts. Can't believe you sided with them.
    I wouldn't say "sided" with LJN. Their games are still really bad. One game being really bad does not make another game entirely good.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.