Michael J. Fox in Episode 5 - discussion

Comments

• it has been mentioned Michael J Fox is coming to A video game.... stay tuned!
  • edited June 2011
    Here is the secret,MJF is in the game as a character ;) Just saw it...probably more to come though.
  • edited June 2011
    Cool, any way to watch this as an online stream?
  • edited June 2011
    No clue. I know they post it on the Gametrailers site a couple days later.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Yay! I'm really happy with this news! I was hoping that Michael J Fox would cameo in this game at some point. :D
  • edited June 2011
    Ok here it comes. Michael J Fox joins the cast. Exclusive first look. Very brief clip.
  • edited June 2011
    Said Last episode comes out June 21st...or did I hear wrong?
  • edited June 2011
    Found a live stream, saw a very brief clip. Was that it?

Awesome news in any case!
  • edited June 2011
    Damn! I just missed it. I saw Marty and Doc (Old Doc, not FCB) looking at something, then my screen cut to a commercial.

Thanks, Psycho.
  • edited June 2011
    Spiler alert.
    It showed Marty with our Doc in the clip. So it shows that we get our doc back

Church you may want to spoiler that.
  • Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Cool, any way to watch this as an online stream?

http://nowwatchtv.blogspot.com/2011/03/spike-tv-live-online-watch-spike-tv_13.html

all that was shown was that marty and old doc were stranded in a deserted place. A character drives up with MJF's current likeliness and says "you 2 look lost.... whats that thing" and points to the delorean. Not sure if this is the past or the future but it's a place with roads and cars and does not appear to be hill valley.
  • edited June 2011
    The date was mentioned as June 21st because Geoff mentioned that Michael J Fox makes his debut as a voice actor.

EDIT: My theory is that this is the date it comes out. So I'm gonna mark my calendar.
  • edited June 2011
    So apparently the announcement is
    Michael J. Fox will be in BTTF Episode 5, playing a character other than Marty

EDIT: Beaten to it, I see. Oh well.
  • The Doc wrote: »
    Said Last episode comes out June 21st...or did I hear wrong?

I heard this too
  • edited June 2011
    Was that the whole thing or are they going to talk more about it?
  • edited June 2011
    Psycho,
    Ok, but how is getting old Doc back a spoiler? We knew that was gonna happen. I didn't get any dialogue out of that scene tho, i literally just saw a freeze frame, and then cut to a commercial. =[
  • edited June 2011
    Is there more coming in the episode, or is the BttF-part over? I need to get ready for work.:p
  • church1138 wrote: »
    Psycho,
    Ok, but how is getting old Doc back a spoiler? We knew that was gonna happen. I didn't get any dialogue out of that scene tho, i literally just saw a freeze frame, and then cut to a commercial. =[

I guess a spoiler in the sense that we know it will happen before the very end of the episode, there will be actual gameplay with him.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok rewinded it. June 21st indeed.
  • edited June 2011
    i hope Telltale releases a behind the scenes video with the reunion of Chris and Michael and also have AJ meet michael....

Great Scott, Marty! There's two of you, that's a paradox!
  • edited June 2011
    Pre-order DVD bonus? XD
  • edited June 2011
    Very cool! Can't wait for the end of June. Here's hoping they make this final episode a bit longer and more difficult, but even if they don't it'll be OK. I've enjoyed the story TellTale has told.
  • Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Is there more coming in the episode, or is the BttF-part over? I need to get ready for work.:p

Theres been no hints towards it.
  • edited June 2011
    Yup that was all. It's over.
  • edited June 2011
    Okay, I remember the original Poker Night announcement on GTTV being extremely short as well:p.

Just what I hoped for. Some behind the scenes-footage would be great, and considering that they've done it for the other returning voices (and Bob Gale) probably means we'll get just that. Awesome, awesome news.
  • edited June 2011
    Yup that was all. It's over.

:'(
  • edited June 2011
    Posted new post. Found a good link with more details.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-back-to-the/714558
  • edited June 2011
    That GT link says it comes out 6/23
  • edited June 2011
    TTG just tweeted the news (so I came to read the forums, and the blog, although that's not updated yet).

The release date has been adjusted to Jun 23 - apparently this happened after they recorded the segment for GTTV
  • edited June 2011
    christhn wrote: »
    That GT link says it comes out 6/23

Yea I noticed that too.
    Molokov wrote: »
    TTG just tweeted the news (so I came to read the forums, and the blog, although that's not updated yet).

The release date has been adjusted to Jun 23 - apparently this happened after they recorded the segment for GTTV

Yea. That makes total sense. After all they have to tape the show a couple of days in advance.
  • edited June 2011
    The best thing that could happen, was hoping for this more than a new season.
  • edited June 2011
    Hey, that's awesome news! :)
  • edited June 2011
    I think I'd prefer a new season to this. Michael J. Fox being involved really just isn't necessary.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm glad Mike will be in on the project. Once it's all out I'll do my usual, by it and play it start to finish.
  • edited June 2011
    yeah what i normally do is watch all 3 movies then play each one from start to finish lol and judging from the video i assume we get old doc back!!!
  • edited June 2011
    I think I'd prefer a new season to this. Michael J. Fox being involved really just isn't necessary.

The telltale guys made a game that was meant to recapture the original feeling of the first three films, and while Aj's been a great stand in actor for Michael J Fox, its remarkable news they've managed to get in touch with him and get him on board for the final episode. It'd have been a bit sad knowing he'd of missed the opportunity to play Marty McFly again. Besides this is even better news for those who want a new season, coz now they have both Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd involved and two voice actors who are fantstic at doing their younger voices.
  • edited June 2011
    daeva0123 wrote: »
    The telltale guys made a game that was meant to recapture the original feeling of the first three films, and while Aj's been a great stand in actor for Michael J Fox, its remarkable news they've managed to get in touch with him and get him on board for the final episode. It'd have been a bit sad knowing he'd of missed the opportunity to play Marty McFly again. Besides this is even better news for those who want a new season, coz now they have both Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd involved and two voice actors who are fantstic at doing their younger voices.

Yeah.. did you see Christopher Lloyd in the background of one of the camera angles? lol First Citizen Lloyd!!! LOL
    well i guess that just doesn't sound right does it?
  • edited June 2011
    I don't think people fully grasp how unlikely was for Fox to be involved, and thus how great is to have him for the final episode.
    A pity that Tom Wilson wasn't involved too, but this is really fantastic nontheless.
  • edited June 2011
    I was hoping for it, but i didn't think he would actually do it.
    Especially considering his current state of heath and all, so you've got to have to respect Michael for doing it anyway.:)
  • edited June 2011
    I was hoping for it, but i didn't think he would actually do it.
    Especially considering his current state of heath and all, so you've got to have to respect Michael for doing it anyway.:)

Damn straight. I already have enormous respect for the man, this just adds to it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.