Michael J. Fox in Episode 5 - discussion

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Considering Telltale wasn't able to manage more than four simple character models sharing the same basic walking animation for a script that called for a "bustling perfect metropolis", I doubt they'd be able to handle making a detailed movie-based model for anything less than a major contributing secondary role.
  • Soeroah wrote: »
    The time travel is confusing. The way I see it, Clara and the kids could still be alive, provided they've been hanging out in the past prior to the point Clara was-going-to-have-been-saved. Once they try jumping past where she was supposed to die, she'd be erased like Doc in episode 3, but if she's far enough in the past she should have been immune to any changes to 1885 onward.

Seems the ripple effect CAN go backwards; it does in this case. Remember the ravine is only named after clayton in the timeline where she dies in it.
  • edited May 2011
    Somehow I left a post for the wrong thread in this one for the whole night.

Smooth.
    I thought that was case...I mean for once I was agreeing with what you said and everything so I knew SOMETHING had to be wrong...

MJ: Yes but it was named Shonash BEFORE Clara fell into it, and was then renamed after. As we saw in the movie, they decided to name it Eastwood Ravine instead, presumably because Doc told the marshal and all that "Clint" went down with the train trying to stop the hijackers.
  • Kyronea wrote: »
    I thought that was case...I mean for once I was agreeing with what you said and everything so I knew SOMETHING had to be wrong...

MJ: Yes but it was named Shonash BEFORE Clara fell into it, and was then renamed after. As we saw in the movie, they decided to name it Eastwood Ravine instead, presumably because Doc told the marshal and all that "Clint" went down with the train trying to stop the hijackers.

so the point being FCB referring to it as "clayton ravine" means she did die in this timeline.
  • edited May 2011
    Didn't Citizen Brown say that he repaired the DeLorean near 'Clayton Ravine'?

Which raises the questions: Who is this Clayton charcter, will he make an apperance or have some kind of part in Episode 5, and did he fall in the Ravine?
  • edited May 2011
    Which raises the questions: Who is this Clayton charcter, will he make an apperance or have some kind of part in Episode 5, and did he fall in the Ravine?

The Clayton character is Clara Clayton because technically in this timeline Doc and Marty never went to 1885 and Doc never rescued her or made the TimeTrain
  • How much longer until this big announcement comes? It's been 2 weeks since there was the announcement of the announcement.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    How much longer until this big announcement comes? It's been 2 weeks since there was the announcement of the announcement.

That's how Telltale rolls. :D
  • edited May 2011
    How much longer until this big announcement comes? It's been 2 weeks since there was the announcement of the announcement.

who knows maybe we will hear something before E3 if not During or After E3
  • edited May 2011
    What could be the big announcement?

Better be a big one. The year 2011 has big announcements all over the place. If you know what I mean. ;-)
  • edited May 2011
    uregobland wrote: »
    What could be the big announcement?

Better be a big one. The year 2011 has big announcements all over the place. If you know what I mean. ;-)

It does?
  • edited May 2011
    It does?

Seconded. I know 2012 has a few issues but aside from the whole 'world ending last week', I can't think of any other announcements; outside of gaming, of course.
  • Seconded. I know 2012 has a few issues but aside from the whole 'world ending last week', I can't think of any other announcements; outside of gaming, of course.

One Surprising Anticipated May Announcement (read between the lines)
  • edited May 2011

It's been delayed till Fall ;)
  • edited May 2011

Uh huh, I gotcha.

The only things that I can think of are the announcement of Nintendo's next console, and that wasn't a surprise to me. They release a new one about every 5 or 6 years.
  • edited May 2011
    It does?

I meant big announcements like Osama Bin Dead, Mladic caught etc. :cool:
  • edited May 2011

d-oh.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Good News Guys! This was posted on the Telltale Games' Twitter Page about 2 hours ago

"Tune in to tomorrow night's (6/2) episode of GameTrailers TV on Spike TV where we'll be dropping some big Back to the Future: The Game news!"
  • edited June 2011
    Please be a Season 2. Please be a Season 2. Please be a season 2. Big news is not a release for this season on any other format. Big news is not an addition of the original cast as a voice. A big announcement is a season 2 damn it.
  • edited June 2011
    Please be a Season 2. Please be a Season 2. Please be a season 2. Big news is not a release for this season on any other format. Big news is not an addition of the original cast as a voice. A big announcement is a season 2 damn it.

I agree. I think their idea of big news is different from our idea of big news.
  • edited June 2011
    jwalker30 wrote: »
    I agree. I think their idea of big news is different from our idea of big news.
    Yea. It's never really big news. That's why I'm fully expecting it to be like OMG BTTF is like totally coming to the greatest console ever the 360. I'll yawn and think to myself too bad, already bought the PC and PS3 versions. lol
  • edited June 2011
    Yea. It's never really big news. That's why I'm fully expecting it to be like OMG BTTF is like totally coming to the greatest console ever the 360. I'll yawn and think to myself too bad, already bought the PC and PS3 versions. lol

OMG I figured out what the announcement is going to be. Its not coming to the 360, it's coming out on the DS and cell phones!
  • edited June 2011
    jwalker30 wrote: »
    OMG I figured out what the announcement is going to be. Its not coming to the 360, it's coming out on the DS and cell phones!

You kid but I so could see that being it. lmao
  • edited June 2011
    zelda42293 wrote: »
    Good News Guys! This was posted on the Telltale Games' Twitter Page about 2 hours ago

"Tune in to tomorrow night's (6/2) episode of GameTrailers TV on Spike TV where we'll be dropping some big Back to the Future: The Game news!"
    Ugh, Spike TV. That whole channel is one gigantic sexist insult to everybody.

Used to be decent too, when it was TNN.

Also: they're overhyping.
  • edited June 2011
    It will be a downer if the annoucments JUST a Console release. No, it must've been something that effected the Episode itself. If it is a console annoucment than that will most likely be a side thing since it's really no something to be over-hyped. When has telltale ever over-hyped a console release?

I'm also a little skeptical about it being a guest voice-over, since Telltale gets most of their voice overwork a month in-advance so the month they would release the episode they could work on the game itself.

What could it be, Huey Lewis Guest-Stardom, CGI-Film annoucment, something bigger than we expected? Only time will tell...
  • edited June 2011
    I'd be happy if the announcement was that the final episode was cancelled.
  • edited June 2011
    It'll be 360 release. That's my bet.
  • edited June 2011
    It could be that Marty had so badly messed up the Timeline that it altered our timeline to where BTTF was never made.
  • edited June 2011
    Mole on the inside says that Telltale is planning a long term partnership for multiple seasons.
  • edited June 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Mole on the inside says that Telltale is planning a long term partnership for multiple seasons.

Don't tease me. DON'T YOU DARE FREAKING TEASE ME!!!!!
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »

If this is true, Rather Dashing will froth with rage.
  • edited June 2011
    Well thats suprising i thought we would have to wait untill e3 :confused:
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Same here. Alongside that, I'd figure they would wait until episode 5 was out before announcing more seasons.
  • edited June 2011
    This is off topic but it is to do with bttf so...

How the hell do you get game trailers live because is it only a internet thing or is it a real channel over there in usa (people who are still awake in america)

Im trying to work it out but because im not so clever i cant :P
  • edited June 2011

You really need to stop doing this. It's getting extremely old.

To stay on-topic: My money is on Michael J. Fox returning as a future version of Marty. I agree that it would be much more logical if they got the original Clara, but they didn't make such a big deal about it when they got the original Jennifer. Michael doesn't mind being associated with BttF (he did all the anniversary events), and maybe the fact that a large part of the original cast was involved convinced him to do a little cameo in the game. He still takes on little acting jobs now and then, and I can't imagine voicing one NPC in a single Telltale episode can be too demanding.

Then again, season 2 is a definitely a possibility, considering it's the best-selling Telltale game so far, and that Bob Gale wanted to do more. I really enjoyed this series (Yeah, I know. No need to start flaming, forum guys. Just someone who enjoys a game, if that's still allowed around here), but I'm not sure what a second series could add. There are only so many interesting periods you could go - after all, you can't really move beyond Hill Valley and the McFly/Brown-families. Maybe the sixties? The future? (although I suspect we might see that in the fifth episode)

I do hope there's a decent amount of 'normal' doc in the fifth episode. FCB is a very interesting character, but I just want to spend a few more moments with regular doc before we leave this series.
  • edited June 2011

OK, but we have to get a full subscription to a TOMI sequel in lieu, right?

(Ain't never gonna happen)
  • edited June 2011
    I'm going to guess that it'll be that the entire first season will be for sale on disc for 360 and PS3.. possibly even Wii.

OR.. it'll be to announce a second season.

I'd really like both. I'd easily buy a disc based version of the game for one of the console platforms.
    I'd also enjoy another season. I think the first one strayed a little from the BTTF movie universe.. made it a little silly and childish.. BUT, I've enjoyed the games nonetheless. Especially the last two episodes.
    The game itself has been a lot better than I thought it would be. I've definitely looked forward to a BTTF release every month so while I want the last episode to hurry and get released.. it's going to suck that the season is over.
  • edited June 2011
    Telltale took bob gale hostage and said if he didnt make a 4th film they would come down from the planet vulcan and melt his brain.

But he told them he would never make a 4th film without michael j fox so they got aj to convince bob gale he could be the next marty mcfly.

And when george lucas heard they were making a 4th film he went crazy because he loves sequels so much...

Anyway thats how it ended.

-walks off innocently-
  • edited June 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    And when george lucas heard they were making a 4th film he convinced Bob Gale to recut (for the sake of child friendliness) and add CGI to a Special Edition version of the original films, and add aliens to the plot of the 4th movie because he is an idiot...

fixed.
  • edited June 2011
    Indeed we think alike.... :cool::cool:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.