Michael J. Fox in Episode 5 - discussion

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Everyone I think would be really really really really impressed if TelltaleGames got Linda McFly's voice in this thing. (incase the sarcasm isn't clear, she's dead)
  • do we actually know when this announcement is coming or just that it is coming 'soon'
  • edited May 2011
    Diyoko wrote: »
    Or...could it be a special ending song from Huey Lewis?

This would be AWESOME!
  • edited May 2011
    do we actually know when this announcement is coming or just that it is coming 'soon'

I would imagine at E3.
  • edited May 2011
    Just to clarify, the announcements are Back to the Future related.

Sweet. :cool:

My guesses when I saw the post about an "announcement" was that there may be a sequel to the game in the works (hopefully!). Also, Michael J. Fox turns 50 in June...it would be nice to see a BTTF shout-out regarding that too.

But no idea what it is, looking forward to finding out!
  • edited May 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    I would imagine at E3.

Possibly but i wouldn't be surprised if they made the announcement before E3
  • edited May 2011
    Anyway, if I were to guess Telltale's "awesome announcements" concern other games. E3 is coming soon, and with it will be more information on Jurassic Park, The Walking Dead, Puzzle Agent 2, and maybe Hector, King's Quest, and Law and Order. (I suppose it's possible, though unlikely, they may even announce another new project, but Telltale's workload is too huge as it is.) Maybe OUTATIME has to wait for June because there are so many other things they're working on, which they'll announce more on soon?

Michael J. Fox voicing an older Marty would be incredible, though.

I fully agree with the notion that Mr. Fox coming in to voice an older Marty would be quite awesome. Although I personally doubt he will, if he does, it would be wonderful.
  • edited May 2011
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Also, I fully agree with the notion that Mr. Fox coming in to voice an older Marty would be quite awesome. Although I personally doubt he will, if he does, it would be wonderful.

Agreed. But there's just one small problem with that. The fact that other selves shouldn't interact...though I don't see the problem in Marty's case since he already knows about time travel...
  • Agreed. But there's just one small problem with that. The fact that other selves shouldn't interact...though I don't see the problem in Marty's case since he already knows about time travel...

Well they had 'older marty' in the movies and several scenes away from 'regular marty',no reason they cant replicate it.
  • edited May 2011
    Chris Lloyd in JURASSIC PARK perhaps? Hey, he did do Pirahna. :)
    "I figured ... what the hell."

I go for MJ doing a surprise voice-over & it being twice as long in gameplay.
  • edited May 2011
    they said claudia wells was at telltale reccently.......Isnt the game already made ......i found that oddly intresting.
  • edited May 2011
    Agreed. But there's just one small problem with that. The fact that other selves shouldn't interact...though I don't see the problem in Marty's case since he already knows about time travel...

I suppose he could appear in cut scenes, or perhaps they don't recognise each other - or maybe we just get to play Doc for an episode?
  • edited May 2011
    Italian subtitles? :P
  • edited May 2011
    My question: Would you like to give your voice for other Telltale games?

I think you meant to post here.

EDIT: Good recovery.
  • edited May 2011
    TF2 items?
  • edited May 2011
    I think series 1 has been pretty good, my main problem is the choice of graphics... woah before you all complain ''Graphics dont matter'' Your right in a certain part but also wrong... Heres my reason. Your not going to play a gta game with looney tune graphics, and your not going to play a looney tune game with gta graphics... simple and in this case i think bttf should had a more realistic approach...

Anyway back to what this thread was orginally, i think the annoucment is going to be about a series 2 and perhaps maybe if we are lucky, telling us that there will be a big suprise at the end... (michael j fox)

Or maybe something else...

Au revoir

Yoman45135
  • edited May 2011
    What if they found it necessary for story reasons to take it up to Part 6, and we have not one, but 2 more episodes to look forward to?
  • edited May 2011
    That would be intresting, but we would have to wait untill july :( :(
  • edited May 2011
    Best announcement would be that TellTaleGames picked up the long forgotten Toonstruck 2 project seeing as they had Christopher Lloyd in the offices, they though "hey why not!"
  • edited May 2011
    There's going to be a Back to the Future panel at Dragon Con this year, with Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, and James Tolkan (so far).. so it could just be related to that.
  • edited May 2011
    Eh? I didn't know it was back to the future related. In that case it's a possibilty of two things:

1.) Guest Star (Michale J Fox, etc.) I could imagine Michale voicing for 2011 Marty. 2011 Marty, meaning when Doc hinted Jenifer's and Marty's wedding in 2011. Michale could possibly be voicing for that 'Future Marty' if we're going to that timeline and if Michale J. Fox is called to voice act for the game.

2.) Or Game ports annocments. (XBLA, WiiWare [doubtful],iPad, etc.)
  • edited May 2011
    Wait, why is WiiWare doubtful? Wasn't SBCG4AP released on WiiWare?

I find that far more likely than XBLA. (Ugh...XBox...)
  • edited May 2011
    Marty, meaning when Doc hinted Jenifer's and Marty's wedding in 2011.

Something tells me they got married before 2011...

98941563063944879.jpgbacktothefuture2_6.jpg

...if these two were in 2015.
    Wait, why is WiiWare doubtful? Wasn't SBCG4AP released on WiiWare?

I find that far more likely than XBLA. (Ugh...XBox...)

Yeah, but SBCG4AP is nowhere near as graphically detailed as Back to the Future.
  • edited May 2011
    The art styles may be different, yes, but the demand on the hardware isn't exactly anywhere near as different as you might think. The Wii can handle it.

Besides it's perfect for WiiWare anyway.
  • edited May 2011
    The art styles may be different, yes, but the demand on the hardware isn't exactly anywhere near as different as you might think. The Wii can handle it.

Besides it's perfect for WiiWare anyway.
    A Back to the Future episode is literally more than FIVE TIMES the size of an episode SBCG4AP. The problem with Wiiware, and the reason it is easily the worst downloadable game store running today, is its pathetic file size limit. Without even getting into whether or not the Wii could RUN Back to the Future, it doesn't matter. Wiiware couldn't HOLD it, which is the OPPOSITE of being "perfect" for that horrendous, irredeemable platform.
  • edited May 2011
    I don't actually own a Wii, and know what I do about it mostly from friends who own them, so I suppose I was wrong about WiiWare being perfect for the BTTF games. I was under the impression that WiiWare was an equivalent to the PSN or the XBLA, with the same lack of restrictions, etc.
  • edited May 2011
    If you are keeping track, the thread has been derailed and needs another go.
  • edited May 2011
    Here's the thing. They're saying that some of the announcements have to do with the WHY behind Ep5 coming in June. I doubt a season 2 would necessitate that decision.
  • edited May 2011
    Here's the thing. They're saying that some of the announcements have to do with the WHY behind Ep5 coming in June.

They used Christopher Lloyd to do some voicework on Toonstruck 2! their next project. Thus delaying episdoe 5 please be true!!! lol
  • edited May 2011
    The big announcement is probably Tales2 <3
  • edited May 2011
    Here's the thing. They're saying that some of the announcements have to do with the WHY behind Ep5 coming in June. I doubt a season 2 would necessitate that decision.
    Right, something pushed an episode back. People thinking it's "Tales 2" or the even further outlier of a Toonstruck game are probably going to be disappointed. It's pretty unlikely that we're going to have any newly-announced properties(they've essentially mapped out the next two years already). My guesses are extra content in some capacity, booking a celebrity voice that requires some extra time, or some form of promotional tie-in with another big BttF-related announcement or event.
  • edited May 2011
    Right, something pushed an episode back. People thinking it's "Tales 2" or the even further outlier of a Toonstruck game are probably going to be disappointed. It's pretty unlikely that we're going to have any newly-announced properties(they've essentially mapped out the next two years already). My guesses are extra content in some capacity, booking a celebrity voice that requires some extra time, or some form of promotional tie-in with another big BttF-related announcement or event.

Maybe they're bringing in Tom Wilson?
  • edited May 2011

Jumping Jiggowatts I never thought of that... Good idea, i hope so... :eek:
  • edited May 2011

If they get Tom Wilson, they have to get him to re-record all of Biff's lines in the previous episodes too. The current Biff is just so bad.
  • edited May 2011
    If they get Tom Wilson, they have to get him to re-record all of Biff's lines in the previous episodes too. The current Biff is just so bad.

I agree, maybe im the only one but i seen him make a big improvment in ciziten brown
  • edited May 2011

Agreed; having Tom Wilson voice Biff/Kid would be spectacular. Granted, I know the chances of that happening are slim but a fan can dream.
  • edited May 2011
    An announcement regarding a fix for the piss poor audio quality of the voices would be enough to make me happy. Especially for the ps3 version. As well as the awful distortion it also seems to snap crackle and pop all the time. So annoying and distracting. Nearly ruins it for me. I refuse to get excited about JP untill I know it won't be a problem there too.
    Great game otherwise XD
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Agreed; having Tom Wilson voice Biff/Kid would be spectacular. Granted, I know the chances of that happening are slim but a fan can dream.

Noooo. "Kid" Tannen must have the voice of "Kid Beyond", hence the name! :D :D

As for Thomas Wilson, even if he returns, he should have his own Biff for the voice-overs. There are enough out there, really. I'd be very content if Kid Tannen remains as he is and only the actual 1986 Biff's lines are redone (there's no Biff in episode 4 (?) and only very few Biff lines in episode 1 and 2. The third episode has the bulk of the voice-overs to be redone in this case).

Kid Beyond has done his very best, and I am content with the choice. Finding someone to step in as 17-year old Marty McFly was probably hard enough, but a fitting replacement for Thomas F., who is now about the age he was supposed to portray as Biff Tannen in 1985, pretty impossible. Taking Kid Beyond's versatile voice to get Biff "through the ages" was the right choice and he should be seriously p****d if TTG just wiped him from the game.

According to the information we got through different channels, TTG tried to contact Wilson, but a serious cascade of misinformation prevented him from actually noticing these contact attempts, and Tom even snapped in TTG's direction when fans asked him if he was approached. I would be very glad if TTG and Wilson could be able to show their reconciliation by having him voice a few lines or even get him in as Biff Tannen completely. And I'd definitly want a video of Tom Wilson with his hand puppet at the TTG studio.

But Kid must remain Kid!! It's too late for everything else, and Kid Beyond was too good in that role.
  • edited May 2011
    Wii/Project Café discussion moved to the Project Café thread in General Chat.

And guys, Rather Dashing is a great guy and a respected member of this community. And like everyone else here, he is to be shown respect. He's done nothing to deserve being banned and he definitely doesn't deserve being told that he should be. Now please drop the discussion about it.
  • Noooo. "Kid" Tannen must have the voice of "Kid Beyond", hence the name! :D :D

As for Thomas Wilson, even if he returns, he should have his own Biff for the voice-overs. There are enough out there, really. I'd be very content if Kid Tannen remains as he is and only the actual 1986 Biff's lines are redone (there's no Biff in episode 4 (?) and only very few Biff lines in episode 1 and 2. The third episode has the bulk of the voice-overs to be redone in this case).

Kid Beyond has done his very best, and I am content with the choice. Finding someone to step in as 17-year old Marty McFly was probably hard enough, but a fitting replacement for Thomas F., who is now about the age he was supposed to portray as Biff Tannen in 1985, pretty impossible. Taking Kid Beyond's versatile voice to get Biff "through the ages" was the right choice and he should be seriously p****d if TTG just wiped him from the game.

According to the information we got through different channels, TTG tried to contact Wilson, but a serious cascade of misinformation prevented him from actually noticing these contact attempts, and Tom even snapped in TTG's direction when fans asked him if he was approached. I would be very glad if TTG and Wilson could be able to show their reconciliation by having him voice a few lines or even get him in as Biff Tannen completely. And I'd definitly want a video of Tom Wilson with his hand puppet at the TTG studio.

But Kid must remain Kid!! It's too late for everything else, and Kid Beyond was too good in that role.

Biff WAS in episode 4 briefly but I dont believe he had any dialogue other than grumbling.

Seems Thomas F Wilson decided a few years back to distance himself from the Biff character since he's basically been typecast as it. He'd obviously been happy to reprise it in the past for the animated series and ride but seems he wants to continue his stand up career and be known for more than BIff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.