Michael J. Fox in Episode 5 - discussion

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Great news. With respect to Michael for agreeing to it, considering his health.
  • edited June 2011
    daeva0123 wrote: »
    The telltale guys made a game that was meant to recapture the original feeling of the first three films, and while Aj's been a great stand in actor for Michael J Fox, its remarkable news they've managed to get in touch with him and get him on board for the final episode. It'd have been a bit sad knowing he'd of missed the opportunity to play Marty McFly again. Besides this is even better news for those who want a new season, coz now they have both Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd involved and two voice actors who are fantstic at doing their younger voices.
    I'm not saying it isn't pretty neat to have him involved. I've always liked Michael J. Fox.

It's just...it feels a bit like overhyping to me. I've seen star VAs in games before, people returning to something they haven't been involved with in years, to much accord...and then it turns out that it was mostly pointless to have them there.

So...I like the idea. I'm just not sure it's going to be all that much in the end.
  • edited June 2011
    At the end of the gametrailers clip they lead on like they've left it open for a new season.
    AJ: Where it leaves us It just makes you want to see what the next adventure is

Bob Gale: I'll say this about the ending of the game, it does invoke the end of the first movie in it's own special way. So I think people are going to say, "OOhh boy!"

To me, that seems like they are at least interested in doing another season.

So in the big announcement, we get MJF, a possible 2nd season, and a release date. Awesome job Telltale!
  • edited June 2011
    Its nice hes in the game but they were going absoutley crazy just because hes being some hillbilly guy, i would understand it more if they had something else they were confirming (a second season, most of the original cast coming back maybe crispin glover :rolleyes:)
  • edited June 2011
    saw the Gametrailers clip this morning...couldn't belive that the MJF to come back even just for a little bit! that is friggin sweet!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Gave this thread a new name to avoid confusion... ;)
  • edited June 2011
    I got confused because I was searching the thread with its old name...
  • edited June 2011
    Gave this thread a new name to avoid confusion... ;)
    You've confused everyone now. I hope you're happy. :(
    edited June 2011
    Yes, I feel deeply satisfied and would do it again anytime.
  • edited June 2011
    HELL YEAH! Glad to hear that MJF's back for a cameo!!:D
  • edited June 2011
    I'm guessing that Michael J Fox's character is William McFly. :)
  • edited June 2011
    Big news is not an addition of the original cast as a voice.
    You called it, it wasn't big news. What a fucking disappointment, building it up and then letting us down with that meager display, shame on you Telltale. I think it's cool MJ is in it but it wasn't worth THAT suspense. You also promised us updates way back in early May, which we didn't really get
  • edited June 2011
    You called it, it wasn't big news. What a fucking disappointment, building it up and then letting us down with that meager display, shame on you Telltale. I think it's cool MJ is in it but it wasn't worth THAT suspense.

I really don't understand this guys. What more could you expect? What else could they have done to the fifth episode (they've said from the beginning that the announcement was specifically about the fifth episode) that would be bigger than MJ Fox being involved? The man is a legend, and him being involved in the final episode of what could well be the last piece of official BttF-fiction ever made is pretty epic if you ask me.

Concerning the level of suspense: did Telltale really build it up too much? All they did was putting up a blog post telling us that there would be a surprise announcement concerning the fifth episode, one that would make BttF-fans very excited. Later on they gave us the date and channel where we could see the announcement. That's pretty much all they did. All hype-building beyond that can be attributed purely to the individual fans and forum users. Are you saying they shouldn't have made a special announcement about MJ Fox guest starring in the last episode at all?

There are times that I just don't understand this forum at all. There's this ridicolously awesome announcement (not to mention a great piece of fan-service), and all some guys can do is complain about it not being 'enough'.

I, for one, am extremely excited about this. Can't wait to see what kind of role he plays in the game.
  • edited June 2011
    Has anyone from Telltale officially said yet that he won't be playing Marty or any other member of the McFly family?
  • edited June 2011
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    I really don't understand this guys. What more could you expect? What else could they have done to the fifth episode (they've said from the beginning that the announcement was specifically about the fifth episode) that would be bigger than MJ Fox being involved? The man is a legend, and him being involved in the final episode of what could well be the last piece of official BttF-fiction ever made is pretty epic if you ask me.
    I don't know what fans of this game want either(obviously). I mean, "Michael J. Fox voices a character", I thought, was the biggest possible announcement regarding episode five that I could come up with. The only other things they could have said would have been, for example, a branching ending, showing off a wider variety of time periods than in any previous episode, or something like that, but there's nothing else that I can think of. I mean, they could be kind enough to at least try to include even the tiniest shred of gameplay this time around, but that wouldn't be a SpikeTV announcement sort of thing.
  • edited June 2011
    Has anyone from Telltale officially said yet that he won't be playing Marty or any other member of the McFly family?

In fact, unless Telltale publish his family tree, surely we are allowed to assume he's a relative, no matter of how distant?!
  • edited June 2011
    My dollar is on Marty's great grandfather.
    edited June 2011

This is actually "Prediction thread" material, but I've done enough merging for one day. ;)

I will, hovever, post a totally weird idea concerning MJF's identity in the Prediction thread very soon. :D
  • edited June 2011

"William Mcfly Good looking Guy" thats most likly who MJF is playing...Shamus could still be alive but extremely old maybe we'll see him too!?

they did say in the preview "did we just leave Hillvalley?" the mcfly farm is a few miles from town square.
  • edited June 2011
    This is actually "Prediction thread" material, but I've done enough merging for one day. ;)

I will, hovever, post a totally weird idea concerning MJF's identity in the Prediction thread very soon. :D

beat u to it. Merge my thread if u want
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    If the end of the Episode 5 Developer Diary is any indication...
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Mole on the inside says that Telltale is planning a long term partnership for multiple seasons.

...than this might be true. Hmm, Interesting...
  • edited June 2011
    I don't see how, or at least I didn't read it that way at all. It seemed a lot more like they were just talking about how the ending was made to emulate the same feelings as the first film's ending. I mean, I don't WANT another season, so it might be that talking, but it seems like Telltale has a LOT on their plate to take care of for the next year and a half at least before the option for a Season Two could even come up.
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I know they were talking about the feel of the movie rather than implying an upcoming season, I just though it was an interesting perspective to consider. Even if this had happened to be true though, you are pretty spot on about Telltale's other projects getting in the way.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm not sure how people are speculating on whether or not MJF is playing a member of the McFly family. The very first clip they show on the GameTrailers episode is his character saying "The name's McFly!"

And Dashing, do you have a bet going with someone to see if you can include your dislike for this series in every post you make? We kinda get it at this point.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm not sure how people are speculating on whether or not MJF is playing a member of the McFly family. The very first clip they show on the GameTrailers episode is his character saying "The name's McFly!"

And Dashing, do you have a bet going with someone to see if you can include your dislike for this series in every post you make? We kinda get it at this point.
    If I have that bet with someone, then Back to the Future is a good game!

....in other words, no, no I do not have any currently ongoing bets with anyone right now, regarding Back to the Future or otherwise.
  • edited June 2011

....in other words, no, no I do not have any currently ongoing bets with anyone right now, regarding Back to the Future or otherwise.

Still he has a point. You are starting to sound like a broken record at this point. Either that or you're caught in an infinite loop.
  • edited June 2011
    Still he has a point. You are starting to sound like a broken record at this point. Either that or you're caught in an infinite loop.

edited June 2011
    Stop it, folks. I've seen at least three of Dashing's posts in which he didn't proclaim his dislike. One of these might be ambiguous, but in dubio pro reo.
  • edited June 2011
    in dubio pro reo.

English Doc!

But I get the point. Sorry Dashing.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah.. did you see Christopher Lloyd in the background of one of the camera angles? lol First Citizen Lloyd!!! LOL
    well i guess that just doesn't sound right does it?

Haha yeah I have started to notice that actually, Lloyd is definitely looks like First Citizen brown. Speaking of which I love how they went down the road of Doc becoming a Judge, since he played Judge Doom in Roger Rabbit straight after bttf 3 and the fact that MJ Fox kept slipping up in The Frightners calling the Judge 'Doc'. LOL
  • edited June 2011
    YESS!!!! Can I have jump up and down now?
    edited June 2011
    doodo! wrote: »

Judging from your present condition, maybe you shouldn't. But for the purpose of celebration: Have a beer on me. Just don't start thinking your nagging has helped!! ;)
  • edited June 2011
    doodo! wrote: »

Where's the trailer with him in it?
    edited June 2011
    There is no official trailer, but there is a Developer Commentary showing the footage with MJF's voice acting in game on the front page.
    edited June 2011
    That's the problem. I don't think there is one. Game footage with his voice, yes, but Michael saying a few words into the camera... nope.
  • edited June 2011
    From BTTF.com

"BTTF.com has learned that Michael actually provides the voice for TWO characters in Episode 5. While we're sworn to secrecy on the names of the characters he's providing voice to, we can say that one of these two characters is someone Marty has previously met during his adventures spanning the three films!"

http://www.bttf.com/michael-j-fox-voices-mcfly-for-back-to-the-future-the-game-conclusion.php
  • edited June 2011
    SchottGun wrote: »
    From BTTF.com

"BTTF.com has learned that Michael actually provides the voice for TWO characters in Episode 5. While we're sworn to secrecy on the names of the characters he's providing voice to, we can say that one of these two characters is someone Marty has previously met during his adventures spanning the three films!"

http://www.bttf.com/michael-j-fox-voices-mcfly-for-back-to-the-future-the-game-conclusion.php

OMG OMG OMG Tales can have my money! He always thought reprising his role could be fun and Tales gave him the chance! This is just fanTASTIC!

NO MJ NO PAY!
    edited June 2011
    They also mentioned his two roles on the blog
  • edited June 2011
    No, I don't presume my threads helped. LOL, I just brought them back to celebrate and talk about Michael J Fox in the games. I MOSTLY bumped my thread because I was wondering if it even still existed.
  • edited June 2011
    I had always hoped that this would happen, but I was still pleasantly surprised when i heard the news.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.