Michael J. Fox in Episode 5 - discussion

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Big news is not an addition of the original cast as a voice.
    except it is Michael J. Fox
  • edited June 2011
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    You really need to stop doing this. It's getting extremely old.

To stay on-topic:
    It WAS on-topic. There's a very small range of major announcements for Back to the Future that I would consider anything more than entirely inconsequential, and that is one of them. Another would be a public apology for ever making the thing in the first place.
  • edited June 2011
    The 'to stay on-topic'-bit was about my own post. I just wanted to say more about the actual announcement than about your post.

EDIT: Maybe this isn't the place for this. I've cut the part about my objections to RD's posting habits, and I'll handle it through PM's.

Does anyone know when Gametrailers TV updates their website? Can't wait to see it!
  • edited June 2011
    It says "The game finale" news, so the news are related to the finale.

And it required them to delay the episode, so I suppose it's something like:
    The last episode is way longer than the previous ones.
    The last episode has an unexpected voice actor (Tom Wilson? MJ Fox?)
    They hired somebody with an IQ higher than that of a rock for puzzle testing and decided to make this episode a challenge.
  • edited June 2011
    Guinea wrote: »
    It says "The game finale" news, so the news are related to the finale.

And it required them to delay the episode, so I suppose it's something like:
    The last episode is way longer than the previous ones.
    The last episode has an unexpected voice actor (Tom Wilson? MJ Fox?)
    They hired somebody with an IQ higher than that of a rock for puzzle testing and decided to make this episode a challenge.

Yeah, that's what I thought. The voice actor-thing is the only thing that would be worth a special unveiling (unless it's going to be something I can't think of right now).

I think a second season is not unlikely, but I don't think they would reveal that now. E3 is pretty close, and Telltale has several other titles that are going to be released much earlier. If they would announce a new game with a trailer or something on GTTV, it would probably be Walking Dead or something. And that won't be it, obviously.

So yeah, my money's on a voice actor. Either Fox or Wilson. Or Steenburgen, I guess. Or Tolkan (Strickland).

I know it's a long shot, but I'm really hoping on Fox making a cameo, no matter how small.
  • edited June 2011
    No. They have announced they are bringing back the real original dog that play Einstein to do bark overs for "Einys" voice.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    No. They have announced they are bringing back the real original dog that play Einstein to do bark overs for "Einys" voice.

All of the E3 announcements this year combined don't come even remotely close to how huge this announcement would be lol
  • edited June 2011
    Im a little confused because it says the news is released at 1.00 am,and on the 2nd of july, well its gone way past that here in the uk and on world clocks it says all of america and hawaii are quiet far into the day... so why hasnt the video been released yet and why is it when i checked game trailers they said it wont be untill the 3rd (4th for australia i think)
    edited June 2011
    I think they meant tonight, not last night.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok thanks, i dont know whether i should set my alarm for 6 in the morning so i can f5 the gametrailers website
    edited June 2011
    I think you can also watch it on Spike TV
  • edited June 2011
    If its a sky or american channel dont even comment on it anymore... wait stop i told you not to..... (oh yeah unless its a channel in the uk or if you mean one on a website dont comment)....
  • edited June 2011
    It WAS on-topic. There's a very small range of major announcements for Back to the Future that I would consider anything more than entirely inconsequential, and that is one of them. Another would be a public apology for ever making the thing in the first place.
    Oh please just stop. You have already made it clear that you don't like the game and backed up your reasons. You want Telltale to apologise because the game doesn't meet YOUR expectations? I can respect that you have a differing opinion, but not everybody feels the same way as you. I'm under the impression that you can't accept that.
  • edited June 2011

Why dont you like it anyway, and before you start sending me threat mail im not saying its perfect either in fact it could be one of the worst games i have ever played (AND IM A BTTF FAN OMG OMG DID YOU HEAR ME I SAID BTTF FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:)
  • After seeing Michael J Fox on TV last night i dont think he's well enough to be able to do voice acting (I'm actually surprised Lloyd can do it so well). He has trouble stringing long sentences together without a pause. For instance just delivering the lines alone from the alternate 1985A segment of part II is probably impossible for him.
  • edited June 2011
    After seeing Michael J Fox on TV last night i dont think he's well enough to be able to do voice acting (I'm actually surprised Lloyd can do it so well). He has trouble stringing long sentences together without a pause. For instance just delivering the lines alone from the alternate 1985A segment of part II is probably impossible for him.

Indeed, but im sure he can say duck... I mean doc, ha i didnt say duck... nothing to see here....
  • edited June 2011
    If this is true, Rather Dashing will froth with rage.

You know...even though I don't know about what they could do with a second season, it would be worth it just to see that.
  • edited June 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Oh please just stop. You have already made it clear that you don't like the game and backed up your reasons. You want Telltale to apologise because the game doesn't meet YOUR expectations? I can respect that you have a differing opinion, but not everybody feels the same way as you. I'm under the impression that you can't accept that.
    Everyone doesn't have to think the same way I do. They're allowed to like this thing.

Still, it's impossible to argue that, from a gameplay perspective, this isn't incredibly simplistic to the point of being completely direct. It's impossible to argue that the game accounts for anything but the solution, because I've gone through all available actions and, hey, it DOESN'T. It's impossible to argue that the camera doesn't zoom in to every single thing you need to click(not combine an item with, just click) to continue, because in most puzzles it does. It's impossible to argue that you don't progress through most puzzles simply by clicking on objects, because you DO, and you can't argue against inventory use being heavily truncated, especially in direct numerical comparison with previous Telltale seasons, because it IS. These are facts, and they lead to FACT that this game is shit(or, if you prefer, "utilizes click to continue gameplay", which by definition is BARELY interactive). You can like the shit game, but you can't argue that it has complexity beyond that of a toddler's puzzle meant to test motor skills, because it literally lacks that kind of complexity and mental involvement.
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    Why dont you like it anyway, and before you start sending me threat mail im not saying its perfect either in fact it could be one of the worst games i have ever played (AND IM A BTTF FAN OMG OMG DID YOU HEAR ME I SAID BTTF FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:)
    I like Back to the Future too. Until now, the NES Back to the Future games have been some of the worst things I've ever played. Telltale lowered the bar for the franchise, and frankly it deserves better than the 100% shit products it has gotten in the video game realm. "Fan" does not mean "person that indiscriminately slobbers over every tie-in that insults the franchise it means to adapt". There are lots of fans who don't like the cartoon too, you know, and that had original film series voice talent and Christopher Lloyd involvement, too.
  • edited June 2011
    LOL I bet the announcement will probably be in the veins of releasing the 5th episode next week. Wishful thinking but it's probably gonna be something else.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    No, they've got something up their sleeve. Not necessarily what we're thinking, but something about episode 5 will be "special".

I agree that this would be a huge announcement, as Freddie (yes, that was his name) is undoubtedly deceased. Catalan sheepdogs live 12 to 14 years on average, and Freddie was a grown-up in 1985!
  • edited June 2011
    I agree that this would be a huge announcement, as Freddie (yes, that was his name) is undoubtedly deceased. Catalan sheepdogs live 12 to 14 years on average, and Freddie was a grown-up in 1985!
    I'm pretty sure Doc has a solution for that.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Doc has, but does Telltale?
  • edited June 2011
    They had a DeLorean at PAX, didn't they? They've already got the stainless steel construction and a device technically capable of accelerating to 88 MPH!
  • edited June 2011
    They had a DeLorean at PAX, didn't they? They've already got the stainless steel construction and a device technically capable of accelerating to 88 MPH!

Now they just need a working flux capacitor and the plutonium to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity!
  • edited June 2011
    Everyone doesn't have to think the same way I do. They're allowed to like this thing.

Still, it's impossible to argue that, from a gameplay perspective, this isn't incredibly simplistic to the point of being completely direct. It's impossible to argue that the game accounts for anything but the solution, because I've gone through all available actions and, hey, it DOESN'T. It's impossible to argue that the camera doesn't zoom in to every single thing you need to click(not combine an item with, just click) to continue, because in most puzzles it does. It's impossible to argue that you don't progress through most puzzles simply by clicking on objects, because you DO, and you can't argue against inventory use being heavily truncated, especially in direct numerical comparison with previous Telltale seasons, because it IS. These are facts, and they lead to FACT that this game is shit(or, if you prefer, "utilizes click to continue gameplay", which by definition is BARELY interactive). You can like the shit game, but you can't argue that it has complexity beyond that of a toddler's puzzle meant to test motor skills, because it literally lacks that kind of complexity and mental involvement.
    The points you have made are valid and I am not arguing that. I don't play this game for puzzles but to experience a BTTF story. Yes it is overly simplistic and it is not the greatest game ever, but I enjoy it for what it is.
    You say that the game is shit but that it is an opinion NOT a fact. The reviews have been favourable.
  • edited June 2011
    No, they've got something up their sleeve. Not necessarily what we're thinking, but something about episode 5 will be "special".

Yea I figured that much. Just a moment so we can remember the real Einstein, the hero dog from our child-hood.
  • edited June 2011
    The painting in the "Marty Peaking" picture does not seem to be any sort of famous artwork, was hoping i could identify it and get a clue on whats happening. hmm perhaps those wrinkles on the bottom of the curtains spells something... GREAT SCOTT it... it reads..

You have a lot of time on your hands dont you solid mike.

:| k i'll wait for the GT TV thingy.
  • edited June 2011
    Now they just need a working flux capacitor and the plutonium to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity!
    Heh. When I was five I actually asked my parents to buy me plutonium at the drug store so I could turn the Volvo into a time machine.

Of course the mechanisms of a nuclear reaction would annihilate the car rather than make any power...far better would be that the car is completely nuclear, as in powered by a tiny nuclear power plant...but I'm reasonably sure it's impossible to scale it down that small for a car...
  • edited June 2011
    everyone is aware there is still a COMING SOON character on the games website right?

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf
  • edited June 2011
    I think the big announcement is that Michael J. Fox will voice older Marty..? :D Can't wait for episode 5 and to hear the news!
    edited June 2011
    everyone is aware there is still a COMING SOON character on the games website right?

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

I remember one of the Telltale staff members saying that was supposed to be Kid Tannen, but they never got around to adding him in.
  • edited June 2011
    I remember one of the Telltale staff members saying that was supposed to be Kid Tannen, but they never got around to adding him in.

yeah i remember hearing that, but looking at the picture when you click on episode 5 it shows the clock tower at 10:04 pm getting struck by lightning with the delorean in front wonder if that means anything?
  • yeah i remember hearing that, but looking at the picture when you click on episode 5 it shows the clock tower at 10:04 pm getting struck by lightning with the delorean in front wonder if that means anything?

It may or may not; the picture for episode 1 didnt happen in the episode; marty witnessing the delorean time travelling. Episodes 2 and 3's pictures were in the game while episodes 4 kind of was; emmetts lab is shown but the image of him in that position is not.
  • edited June 2011
    "We never got around to it, sorry!" I can believe it.... I've seen Telltale staffers say those words a thousand times. Typical.
  • edited June 2011
    It may or may not; the picture for episode 1 didnt happen in the episode; marty witnessing the delorean time travelling. Episodes 2 and 3's pictures were in the game while episodes 4 kind of was; emmetts lab is shown but the image of him in that position is not.

okay thanks for clearing that that was just questionable
  • edited June 2011
    I wonder if it will actually be up at GT TV at 1 o'clock, or if there will be a delay.
  • edited June 2011
    I will be unable to watch it tonight so you guys better post on here what they say as soon as you watch it.
  • edited June 2011
    I think I might be the only one up on the forum waiting for it. I will post it here if it's up in 5 minutes ! XD
  • edited June 2011
    Nope I'm here. T minus 3 mins and counting till the show starts.
  • edited June 2011
    Michael J Fox Cameo is what the tease showed. Guy said his name was Clyde I think. It was very brief.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.