Michael J. Fox in Episode 5 - discussion

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Noooo. "Kid" Tannen must have the voice of "Kid Beyond", hence the name! :D :D

As for Thomas Wilson, even if he returns, he should have his own Biff for the voice-overs. There are enough out there, really. I'd be very content if Kid Tannen remains as he is and only the actual 1986 Biff's lines are redone (there's no Biff in episode 4 (?) and only very few Biff lines in episode 1 and 2. The third episode has the bulk of the voice-overs to be redone in this case).

Kid Beyond has done his very best, and I am content with the choice. Finding someone to step in as 17-year old Marty McFly was probably hard enough, but a fitting replacement for Thomas F., who is now about the age he was supposed to portray as Biff Tannen in 1985, pretty impossible. Taking Kid Beyond's versatile voice to get Biff "through the ages" was the right choice and he should be seriously p****d if TTG just wiped him from the game.

According to the information we got through different channels, TTG tried to contact Wilson, but a serious cascade of misinformation prevented him from actually noticing these contact attempts, and Tom even snapped in TTG's direction when fans asked him if he was approached. I would be very glad if TTG and Wilson could be able to show their reconciliation by having him voice a few lines or even get him in as Biff Tannen completely. And I'd definitly want a video of Tom Wilson with his hand puppet at the TTG studio.

But Kid must remain Kid!! It's too late for everything else, and Kid Beyond was too good in that role.

Kid Beyond only voiced Biff. Owen Thomas voiced Kid Tannen.
  • edited May 2011
    Maybe mary steenburgen will be in ''outatime'' (i spelt her name wrong i think)
  • edited May 2011
    It would be cool, if Mary Steenburgen could reprise her role as Clara.
  • edited May 2011
    bttf4444 wrote: »

Indeed, althought its unlikely but it would be intresting to see her for a few minutes in the game....
  • edited May 2011
    bttf4444 wrote: »
    Now that's something I hope to hear. Mary Steenburgen's voice is so pleasing to ear...hearing her reprise Clara would be absolutely wonderful.
  • yoman45135 wrote: »
    Indeed, althought its unlikely but it would be intresting to see her for a few minutes in the game....

Why do you say it's unlikely? I know there hasn't been any releases about it but remember we had no clue Claudia Wells would be reprising her role until a week before episode 3 and before this game, Mary was far more likely to reprise her role than Claudia.

You could actually argue that of all the actors, Mary Steenburger has been the biggest fan of the series; for one thing she was spotted at the premier of the first movie and seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. Her and Thomas Wilson were the only ones to reprise their voices for the animated series (Christopher Lloyd did live bits but did not voice his character) and she is the only one to have voiced a character in the animated series AND showed up to the 25th anniversary cast party last year.

I didnt like episode 3 but one positive is that it included quite a few characters from the original trilogy: Jennifer, George, Lorraine, Biff while those characters had very little screen time in the other 3 episodes.

I'm thinking Clara and the boys have to make some appearance in the last episode especially with the premise being to restore that marriage.
  • edited May 2011
    It would be cool if we got some hint as to what the personalities of Jules and Verne are, and see how they compare to their TAS counterparts.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Voicing opinions: Great thing.

Discussing what the tread title suggests instead of going off-topic and being repetitive to boot? Also, great thing. We should try that.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    If you suddenly can't find a post that used to be here:
    Now as Vainamoinen suggested, let's stick to discussing the possibilities of this announcement for a change!
  • edited May 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Now as Vainamoinen suggested, let's stick to discussing the possibilities of this announcement for a change!

Only time will telltale! :D
  • edited May 2011
    When is this big amazing revelation supposed to be, uh... revealed?
  • edited May 2011
    I still maintain that the announcement must be a voice actor, most likely Mary as Clara has been mentioned throughout the game so is surely in it.
  • edited May 2011
    My guess as a revelation is that no matter what we think of the game's difficulty or structure, it sold well enough there will be a second season.
  • edited May 2011
    I thought of another scenario, Telltale might've gotten Huey Lewis to perform some of the music vocals in-game!
  • edited May 2011
    I thought of another scenario, Telltale might've gotten Huey Lewis to perform some of the music vocals in-game!

You're not the first to think of it, but that doesn't make the idea any less awesome.
  • edited May 2011
    One thing i thought of that no one seemed to talk about is the game each Episode is roughly 3 to 4 hrs long depending on how you progress through the game what if the announcement is that OUTATIME will have a game play time double then the previous episodes??
  • edited May 2011
    One thing i thought of that no one seemed to talk about is the game each Episode is roughly 3 to 4 hrs long depending on how you progress through the game what if the announcement is that OUTATIME will have a game play time double then the previous episodes??

Actually it lasts one to two hours, and everybody already guessed that.

And BTW, it totally won't be that.
  • edited May 2011
    Mj fox!
  • edited May 2011
    When is this big amazing revelation supposed to be, uh... revealed?

E3, most likely.
  • edited May 2011
    ElWaster wrote: »
    They used Christopher Lloyd to do some voicework on Toonstruck 2! their next project. Thus delaying episdoe 5 please be true!!! lol

Toonstruck 2 is really in the works, but not by Telltale. If I'm not mistaken, all the videos and voiceovers with Lloyd have already been recorded back in the late 1990s-early 2000s.
  • edited May 2011
    I wonder how it will look if it's been recorded in the 90s .
  • edited May 2011
    I'm placing my bet on Mary Steenburgen as Clara.

They brought back Claudia Wells, so why not her too?
  • edited May 2011
    Ductos wrote: »

It really makes the most sense. And she had no problems voicing Clara for the entirety of the Animated Series either. I'm still unsure why Christopher Lloyd was able to do the live action segments and not the actual series though...
  • edited May 2011
    It really makes the most sense. And she had no problems voicing Clara for the entirety of the Animated Series either. I'm still unsure why Christopher Lloyd was able to do the live action segments and not the actual series though...
    Because Bill Nye needed someone respectable to introduce him before he had his nerdy cred?

I never watched the animated series. Don't ask me how I managed to miss it, since I would have been the PERFECT AGE to watch that silly, poorly written kid aimed stuff. (4 years old in 1991.) I blame it on the fact that I was too busy watching Star Trek instead.
  • edited May 2011
    Ductos wrote: »

I have my money on this.

Clara is going to come in to play in ep 5 and she will ultimately save the day.
  • edited May 2011
    They are releasing a sixth, secret episode!!1!
  • edited May 2011
    Clara is going to come in to play in ep 5 and she will ultimately save the day.
    You realize, to this point, SHE IS DEAD ...
  • edited May 2011
    Strayth wrote: »
    I wonder how it will look if it's been recorded in the 90s .
    It depends. Does anyone know how Toonstruck was actually made? It must have been recorded on film, right? If the original film and animation assets still exist and are in the hands of the people trying to make the new Toonstruck release, and they have been kept in even fairly decent condition, it should look far better than a release in the 90s would have.
  • edited May 2011
    You realize, to this point, SHE IS DEAD ...

No she isnt. All of these events essentially take place after they have gone to 1885. Therefore she has already been saved from going over the cliff. Even though Doc is now gone, her timeline should technically be intact. She is still alive.
  • edited May 2011
    Chappps wrote: »
    No she isnt. All of these events essentially take place after they have gone to 1885. Therefore she has already been saved from going over the cliff. Even though Doc is now gone, her timeline should technically be intact. She is still alive.

Didn't Citizen Brown say that he repaired the DeLorean near 'Clayton Ravine'?
  • edited May 2011
    Chappps wrote: »

Doc never invented the time machine in this timeline so, she would have died. Citizen Brown even mentioned the Clayton Ravine. If Clara didn't die they wouldn't have named the ravine after her in the first place. That's not to say that we couldn't see her in 1885 or after making Emmett a scientist, though.
  • edited May 2011
    Doc never invented the time machine in this timeline so, she would have died. Citizen Brown even mentioned the Clayton Ravine. If Clara didn't die they wouldn't have named the ravine after her in the first place. That's not to say that we couldn't see her in 1885 or after making Emmett a scientist, though.

Exactly. Honestly, thinking on it...if they do announce Ms. Steenburgen reprising her role as Clara, that pretty much confirms that the timeline is restored. That'd be the end of any suspense in the final episode. So yeah...maybe we're still way off base here guys?
  • barring this big announcement being a confirmed second season, the timeline WILL be restored (or improved) in episode 5 meaning clara ends up with doc and does not die in 1885 (which is the current version of the timeline).

As mentioned it's possible part of the chase is in the old west.
  • edited May 2011
    How can ANYONE doubt that a game with no multiple endings based on a licence would entirely ruin said licence ?

Of course the timeline will be mostly restored.
  • edited May 2011
    How can ANYONE doubt that a game with no multiple endings based on a licence would entirely ruin said licence ?

Of course the timeline will be mostly restored.

I'm not really doubting it. Besides, removing Clara from the equation wouldn't ruin the license, but it would be a kick to the face. At least for those of us that like Clara.
  • I'm not really doubting it. Besides, removing Clara from the equation wouldn't ruin the license, but it would be a kick to the face. At least for those of us that like Clara.

Clara isn't a main character but she is a protagonist (or ally of the main characters) and she provides the happiest point of Doc's life. It can NOT end with her dying or being left dead, especially since that would also mean the events happening in the 3rd film do not happen. Edna may get a happy ending but it wont be at claras expense UNLESS a second season is confirmed by then.

But the difference between a potential clara in episode 5 than Jennifer in episode 3 is that Jennifer was a main character in episode 3; she is the first character shown in the episode and becomes an important part of it. And we already knew she would be as she was in the preview at the end of part 2. Clara can't be in episode 5 as much as Jennifer was in 3.
  • edited May 2011
    How much longer do we have to wait for the big announcement? The suspense is killing me!
  • edited May 2011
    The time travel is confusing. The way I see it, Clara and the kids could still be alive, provided they've been hanging out in the past prior to the point Clara was-going-to-have-been-saved. Once they try jumping past where she was supposed to die, she'd be erased like Doc in episode 3, but if she's far enough in the past she should have been immune to any changes to 1885 onward.
  • edited May 2011
    Somehow I left a post for the wrong thread in this one for the whole night.

Smooth.
  • edited May 2011
    Clara isn't a main character but she is a protagonist (or ally of the main characters) and she provides the happiest point of Doc's life. It can NOT end with her dying or being left dead, especially since that would also mean the events happening in the 3rd film do not happen. Edna may get a happy ending but it wont be at claras expense UNLESS a second season is confirmed by then.

But the difference between a potential clara in episode 5 than Jennifer in episode 3 is that Jennifer was a main character in episode 3; she is the first character shown in the episode and becomes an important part of it. And we already knew she would be as she was in the preview at the end of part 2. Clara can't be in episode 5 as much as Jennifer was in 3.

i actually wouldn't mind if she made a cameo appearance, or somehow marty took fcb doc back to that date of 1885 where they save her so he could see how much current doc loved her... plus Christopher LLOyd said it himself that he always wanted to play a lead in a romance story as well as science fiction and that was what made him happy about bttf part 3 the movie... so at this point, who knows.. i just want her to SHOW UP!!! LOL
Sign in to comment in this discussion.