Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Try to do it now, coolsome!
  • edited September 2012
    You fiend! That's even more cryptic!
  • edited September 2012
    Sad news everyone.

In August 2012, Paul Dini stated that he would not be involved in writing for a sequel to the game, having not being included in writing for any of the DLC including the story-based "Harley Quinn's Revenge" DLC, and he claimed that Warner Bros. suggested that he take work elsewhere if offered. He added that he had since taken on other projects that would prevent his involvement in any sequel until 2013.[157]

Slimmer of hope at the end though.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah I heard about that. Sorry, thought someone shared it already, it came word with the whole prequel thing. It's okay, they had two great games. I knew it wouldn't last. Best of luck to Dini.
  • edited September 2012
    The way you phrased that I thought someone had died. Gah!
  • edited September 2012
    Ugh. Again, why does everyone have to think that Rocksteady's next project is going to be Batman? Frankly, that's all they've done with the exception of 2006's Urban Chaos. Why can't they do something new?
  • edited September 2012
    Because he's the goddamn Batman!! :D
  • edited September 2012
    Because once you've proven you can do something, all people want you to do is exactly the same thing, just bigger and better. Until you inevitably make things too big and it gets repetitive, at which point the people will criticise you for doing exactly what they wanted you to do in the first place.

People are stupid.
  • edited September 2012
    Because once you've proven you can do something, all people want you to do is exactly the same thing, just bigger and better. Until you inevitably make things too big and it gets repetitive, at which point the people will criticise you for doing exactly what they wanted you to do in the first place.

People are stupid.

Yh but were all guilty of doing that at one point in time with a franchise. :P
  • edited September 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    Yh but were all guilty of doing that at one point in time with a franchise. :P
    I like to think we've learned our lesson since then though. Mostly through the constant disappointments.
  • edited September 2012
    Could you say that about TWD since look at episode 3. I don't know about other systems but on the UK version of Ep 3 it is really buggy with a gamebreaking glitch that you have to quit and reload your save again to fix. Now i didn't have these problems but i did have a lot of characters disappearing then reappearing (It was usually around 2 seconds before they reappeared.) But of this was during the part
    where you have to fix the train engine
    When Kat was holding Duck because
    Duck was bitten
    I went to give Kat & Duck animal crackers i got after i had to fight a zombie in a car. Duck disappeared and it looked like Kat was holding thin air. It lasted until the next chapter. Then the preview I think this was from everyone rushing TTG about Ep 3 and then Ep 3 got glitchy because of it.
  • edited September 2012
    I like to think we've learned our lesson since then though. Mostly through the constant disappointments.

I want to say I have but...
    Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes:D:D:D:D:D:D
    hehe.
  • edited September 2012
    ...getting off-topic, Ryan.

But yeah, I think my statement mostly applies. People wanted TWD quickly, they got it. And it's buggy. That'll show them, right? People will never be satisfied no matter what you do, because... people are stupid.
    I want to say I have but...
    Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes:D:D:D:D:D:D
    hehe.
    Oh god, the smilies! You fiend! HOW DARE YOU!
  • edited September 2012
    ...getting off-topic, Ryan.

But yeah, I think my statement mostly applies. People wanted TWD quickly, they got it. And it's buggy. That'll show them, right? People will never be satisfied no matter what you do, because... people are stupid.

Actually no because on the blog in the S&M 25th Anniversary people are still saying ''Give us episode 4!!!!!'' Even through it's only been about 1 or 2 weeks since Ep 3 came out.
  • edited September 2012
    People will never be satisfied no matter what you do
    Fits the bill nicely, I think.

...and still off-topic. Let me fix that.

Batman_is_a_Dick_by_Koekje.png
  • edited September 2012
    jokertroll.jpg

The originator of the troll-face, ladies and gentlemen.
  • edited September 2012
    Does anyone like the episode of Batman The animated series called Christmas with the Joker?
  • edited September 2012
    Does anyone NOT like it?
  • edited September 2012
    I don't know but i like it. Joker at his best :D
  • edited September 2012
    I put Laughing Fish one higher, but that is a good one.
  • edited September 2012
    Perchance to dream is another good episode.
  • edited September 2012
    Mad Love ep and comic are great.
  • edited September 2012
    I don't consider that season part of the TAS run.
  • edited September 2012
    Mad Love ep and comic are great.

Yeah Mad love is great and it shows no matter what Joker does, Harley won't stay away from him.
  • edited September 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    I don't consider that season part of the TAS run.

It's Batman, it's animated, same voices, same continuity. I think it counts bucko.

EDIT: Also, Peter Weller has done a great job stepping into the shoes of an older Bruce Wayne/Batman in The Dark Knight Returns Part One.
  • edited September 2012
    They should make a Batman animated movie for Batman:Hush
  • edited September 2012
    From Wikipedia:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Hush was originally going to be featured in a planned DTV set on the animated series The Batman, along with that universe's versions of Riddler, Catwoman, Joker, Clayface, Mr. Freeze and Penguin. The project was later scrapped by DC and WB. There is some sketch art of Hush in Legions of Gotham.
    I can't imagine that would have worked half as well as a more mature animated movie though. It would work really well, but then again, they can't make animated versions of every great Batman storyline. We'd get burned out.
  • edited September 2012
    From Wikipedia:

I can't imagine that would have worked half as well as a more mature animated movie though. It would work really well, but then again, they can't make animated versions of every great Batman storyline. We'd get burned out.

The main ones i would suggest for animated movies would be Hush and The Killing Joke. I really think Hush would work very well in the dark style of Batman Under the Red Hood.
  • edited September 2012
    Since Hush is technically a prequel to Under the Red Hood, a similar style would be in order.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Also, Peter Weller has done a great job stepping into the shoes of an older Bruce Wayne/Batman in The Dark Knight Returns Part One.
    I didn't know this one had been released already. Thanks for the heads up, I just watched it. It was excellent. :D
  • edited September 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I didn't know this one had been released already. Thanks for the heads up, I just watched it. It was excellent. :D

You're welcome. I've only seen a few of the DC Animated movies and liked them all, though I didn't much care for the choice of Batman's voice in Crisis on Two Earths.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind seeing Knightfall done justice.
  • edited September 2012
    You're welcome. I've only seen a few of the DC Animated movies and liked them all, though I didn't much care for the choice of Batman's voice in Crisis on Two Earths.

I throught his voice was ok but i wish they had gotten Kevin Convoy.
  • edited September 2012
    I throught his voice was ok but i wish they had gotten Kevin Convoy.

He IS the voice of the Batman. Would redub all of Nolan's movies with his voice if I could. At least they have him onboard as Bats for Injustice: Gods Among Us.
  • edited September 2012
    He IS the voice of the Batman. Would redub all of Nolan's movies with his voice if I could. At least they have him onboard as Bats for Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Kevin did dub over The Dark Knight Rises trailer 3 for a Batman The Animated Series marathon. Here's the link.

[url]
  • edited September 2012
    Kevin did dub over The Dark Knight Rises trailer 3 for a Batman The Animated Series marathon. Here's the link.

[url]

:eek: *dies from intense epic-ness*
  • edited September 2012
    :eek: *dies from intense epic-ness*

I'm not sure if Bane, Alfred, and Catwoman's Batman The animated series voice actors dubbed over the trailer too.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm finished Part one now its very good and fateful except they didnt keep in Batman's noir narrations. :(
  • edited September 2012
    Is Batman Knightfall good?
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah. It's the one where Bane breaks Batman's bac-OH WAIT.

But no, it's an interesting read. I think the story's the first time someone's semi-permanently taken over the role of Batman, and that part of the story was pretty fascinating. Azreal (sp?) was a pretty neat character to introduce. But the whole build-up to Bane's back-breaking moment was actually pretty good too, showing how far Bruce Wayne will go for the city. I enjoyed it a lot.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah. It's the one where Bane breaks Batman's bac-OH WAIT.

But no, it's an interesting read. I think the story's the first time someone's semi-permanently taken over the role of Batman, and that part of the story was pretty fascinating. Azreal (sp?) was a pretty neat character to introduce. But the whole build-up to Bane's back-breaking moment was actually pretty good too, showing how far Bruce Wayne will go for the city. I enjoyed it a lot.

Didn't Bane do that in Dark Knight Rises or something?

Also
    What is the Batman story where everyone thinks Bruce is dead and Nightwing/Dick Grayson takes over as Batman?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.