Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited August 2012
    If you want to do a good Superman game you really just need to look at the adventures of Hercules. They reduced his powers in some ways and pitted him against amazing enemies in others. Superman can't just zap General Zod (who has been portrayed as a better fighter) or other Kryptonian types. He couldn't just zap Lobo, Darkseid, Brainiac, Doomsday, etc.

And the greatest enemy of all, Lex Luthor, can devise machines that fight him. More importantly, Luthor is a cerebral character that can outwit and outplay Superman. Games within games.

Put Kryptonite bullets in your guns. Employ magic users, which have always been able to hurt Superman. Gold Kryptonite makes him pretty close to human. Red Kryptonite has crazy effects on him. You could look at this as a status ailment in the RPG type games. Telepathy can have an effect on him. Blue Kryptonite has beneficial outcomes. Think of it like a status booster. Silver Kryptonite induces paranoid delusions. You can have the same sort of Scarecrow events under its influence.

Green Lantern type rings can have harmful effect by simulating Green Kryptonite's properties.

Radiation of specific frequencies can harm Superman.

As far as straight out villains that can duke it out, again you have Zod, Darkseid, Doomsday, Bizarro, Parasite, just about ANY of the other Supermen (Superboy, Cyborg Superman, and Eradicator Superman), Mongul, Brainiac.

Honorable mention to Mr. Mxyzptlk, who can create alternative worlds and crazy scenarios to combat Superman.

There are a number of ways to limit Supermans powers, either via certain forms of Kryptonite, telepathy, magic, or simply god level powers (Mxyzptlk). If you don't want to lower Superman's power, up that of his enemies. Goons with guns won't get it done, but a lot of goons wearing Kryptonian or Luthor armor with comparable weaponry would be a threat, if minor compared to the strength of his true heavy hitting foes.

Yeah, with Superman you can take the Arkham approach and modify it, but the biggest key to Superman is going bigger. Go big or go home. Batman's appeal is in the struggle of a human being doing superhuman things. Superman is a god, and you have to approach him as such.

If you want the "detective" element, don't forget Superman's role as Clark Kent. If Luthor's your enemy and is playing psychological warfare and trickery, you've got Clark as the guy that's got to figure all this stuff out, put the clues together, determine where his enemies are, etc.
  • edited August 2012
    I agree with Darth about how Superman is too overpowered and if he lost all his powers then it would not be a Superman game. What if in Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City Batman lost all his gadgets and something hit his head so he loses detective mode then all we would have would be a fighter with the hero,Allies, & Villains just having Batman skins.
  • edited August 2012
    I agree with Darth about how Superman is too overpowered and if he lost all his powers then it would not be a Superman game. What if in Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City Batman lost all his gadgets and something hit his head so he loses detective mode then all we would have would be a fighter with the hero,Allies, & Villains just having Batman skins.

In Arkham Asylum he doesn't start with a fraction of what he starts with in Arkham City. Arkham Asylum powered him up, sometimes in arbitrary fashion, over the course of the game.
  • edited August 2012
    DAISHI wrote: »
    In Arkham Asylum he doesn't start with a fraction of what he starts with in Arkham City. Arkham Asylum powered him up, sometimes in arbitrary fashion, over the course of the game.

No i mean if he had no gadgets at all & didn't get any in the entire game.
  • edited August 2012
    No i mean if he had no gadgets at all & didn't get any in the entire game.

Okay, that I understand. But I don't think anybody wants Superman to go through the entire game without powers. You power him down at the start and power him up as you go. This has been done, successfully, in games like Batman and Metroid, so there's a way to go about it.
  • edited August 2012
    He could have all his powers but do timed missions to save people. Or have sandbox where he goes round saving people in danger and use villains like Darkseid and ones who can hurt him.
  • edited August 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    He could have all his powers but do timed missions to save people. Or have sandbox where he goes round saving people in danger and use villains like Darkseid and ones who can hurt him.

Coolsome have you not learned about timed missions from another certain super hero game which was for the Nintendo 64 which had lots of hoops for a certain DC superhero to fly through and missions where you had to pick up cars and a Angry Nerd reviewed it and after i watched the review even through i have not played any Nintendo 64 games (Well i have got Mario 64 & Zelda Majora's Mask on Virtual Console on the Wii) Just by watching it i could tell it was awful. So Coolsome any idea what game i'm talking about?
  • edited August 2012
    Coolsome have you not learned about timed missions from another certain super hero game which was for the Nintendo 64 which had lots of hoops for a certain DC superhero to fly through and missions where you had to pick up cars and a Angry Nerd reviewed it and after i watched the review even through i have not played any Nintendo 64 games (Well i have got Mario 64 & Zelda Majora's Mask on Virtual Console on the Wii) Just by watching it i could tell it was awful. So Coolsome any idea what game i'm talking about?

Well do timed missions better then Superman 64 then! Which wont be hard.
  • edited August 2012
    Yeah timed missions can be done right. Superman saving people is a part of his very core character.
  • edited August 2012
    Superman overpowered my ass. Let's talk Hulk and basically any major Marvel villain when we talk overpowered. Yet they did manage to make a fun, if not dumb Hulk game. Also there was a good Superman game, but nobody played it because of the bad rep Superman games have.

It was called Superman: Shadow of Apokolips. It's not amazing or perfect, but it was a step in the right direction nobody took to the next step. It had great controls, it made good but not great use of his major powers....it did a good job.

EDIT: It also had a good means of powering down Superman at times by having sections where he had to remain disguised as Clark Kent.
  • edited August 2012
    Ok how about this now hear me out. Superman gets infected with a new kind of Kryptonite which Lex made and it limits Superman's powers. He still has his powers but he can only use them for a little bit of time. Then after he does something like beat a boss he gets unlimited use of that certain power.It could be done like the Infamous ps3 game series were Cole has a lot of powers but has a limit on them and needs to get more power before using them again.
  • edited August 2012
    Don't need a new virus, Gold Kryptonite already does that.
  • edited August 2012
    I think you could make a Superman game with all his powers with very little effot to get round it! Hes vulnerable to magic so just have magical villains.
  • edited August 2012
    How about a new Batman/Superman game where they team up after Poison Ivy takes over the minds of DC heroes & Villains.
  • edited August 2012
    How about a new Batman/Superman game where they team up after Poison Ivy takes over the minds of DC heroes & Villains.

If they team up it has to be agianst Darkseid or something that needs both Superman and Batman's attention.
  • edited August 2012
    Honestly, I'd rather have Luthor as the big bad. He's a cerebral villain and you need that for Batman.
  • edited August 2012
    Screw.....restricting....Superman's powers. He does that himself anyway. He has to.
  • edited August 2012
    Screw.....restricting....Superman's powers. He does that himself anyway. He has to.

Unless its Darkseid.
  • edited August 2012
    What if Poison Ivy took over Darkseid's mind. In Batman Hush Poison Ivy says no man o woman can resist her so that could mean she could take over Darkseid Wonder Woman,Green Lantern,Flash and all the DC villains & heroes. Even in Batman Hush she takes over Superman's mind.
  • edited August 2012
    Give me a Flash game. That would be some fun shit.
  • edited August 2012
    What if Poison Ivy took over Darkseid's mind. In Batman Hush Poison Ivy says no man o woman can resist her so that could mean she could take over Darkseid Wonder Woman,Green Lantern,Flash and all the DC villains & heroes. Even in Batman Hush she takes over Superman's mind.

Darkseid is a god a god of evil! He knows more about brainwashing then anyone. If there was a comic or game where someone like Poison Ivy could take of her his mind I would throw it away!
  • edited August 2012
    Ok that i can agree on because Flash is great...Please just make him like the Justice League Unlimited Flash who looks cool instead of Batman the Brave & the Bold's Flash who does not wear the costume and wears a helmet.
  • edited August 2012
    Give me a Flash game. That would be some fun shit.

Amen I want an animated Flash movie from DC as well.
  • edited August 2012
    Darkseid is a god a god of evil! He knows more about brainwashing then anyone. If there was a comic or game where someone like Poison Ivy could take of her his mind I would throw it away!

Ok Coolsome please let me tell you something here. I don't know that much about Superman. I know about Superman,Lois,Lex,Krypton,Kryptonite. But i think i only seen Darkseid Twice. In Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe & in the second Batman/Superman movie. If i remember right didn't he brainwash Supergirl in that? Sorry guys i'm just more of a Batman fan then a Superman fan.
  • edited August 2012
    Ok Coolsome please let me tell you something here. I don't know that much about Superman. I know about Superman,Lois,Lex,Krypton,Kryptonite. But i think i only seen Darkseid Twice. In Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe & in the second Batman/Superman movie. If i remember right didn't he brainwash Supergirl in that? Sorry guys i'm just more of a Batman fan then a Superman fan.

Basically he is the big bad of DC (or was idk if hes still alive). He is on the other side of ultimate evil from the Joker with unlimited powers, wanting control and order and cold and calm.
  • edited August 2012
    Ohh new news for the DC thread.

Superman: Brainiac

At the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con, actress Molly Quinn confirmed that she would be voicing Supergirl in an animated adaptation of the 2008 story arc Superman: Brainiac by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, stating that the film would be released in 2013.[46]

From DC animated wiki page.
  • edited August 2012
    I'm i right did he brainwash Supergirl in the second Batman/Superman movie?
  • edited August 2012
    Ohh new news for the DC thread.
    Superman: Brainiac

At the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con, actress Molly Quinn confirmed that she would be voicing Supergirl in an animated adaptation of the 2008 story arc Superman: Brainiac by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, stating that the film would be released in 2013.[46]

Hey this is the God damn Batman thread!!! :D
  • edited August 2012
    I'm i right did he brainwash Supergirl in the second Batman/Superman movie?

Yes thats also an animated one called Batman/Superman Apocalypse
  • edited August 2012
    Yes i know i just could not remember the name. What do you guys think is the best DC animated movie so far? Mine is a tie between Batman Under The Red Hood & Justice League Crisis on Two Earths.
  • edited August 2012
    Yes i know i just could not remember the name. What do you guys think is the best DC animated movie so far? Mine is a tie between Batman Under The Red Hood & Justice League Crisis on Two Earths.

Hard for me to say considering I've only seen Superman: Doomsday(not bad, but not a good representation of that storyline), Justice League Doom(really enjoyed it, and I agree with Batman's beliefs about the League's inability to realize what a ticking time bomb they could be), and Wonder Woman(holy crap was that good). Out of the three, it's hard for me to decide, though Doomsday would definitely be my least favorite.

I'm just disappointed that they cancelled the Teen Titans movie they were planning on...someone should make a petition for that.
  • edited August 2012
    They were going to make a Teen Titans movie?!?!!? Would it have been in the style of the anime style like the series or comic style? Also i seen bits of Justice League Doom which looked good.
  • edited August 2012
    There was a Teen Titans movie.
  • edited August 2012
    Ok then. So anyone like Batman under the red hood?
  • edited August 2012
    There was a Teen Titans movie.

Not talkin about Trouble in Tokyo.
  • edited August 2012
    Oh. I know about the movie but i did not see it yet. Only thing i know about it are 3 things...

1.Starfire & Robin Kiss.
    2.Robin gets angry at Starfire at the start because she had to kiss some random guy to learn how to speak their language.
    3.The Teen Titans go to Tokyo. I did not expect that to happen in this movie!!! ;)
  • edited August 2012
    I recently got a job at Rocksteady studios. If I can find out any information on the Arkham City sequel, I will post the following:

The title
    The setting
    Whether or not there is multiplayer this time
    If Joker is really dead in this one
  • edited August 2012
    I got an idea for an Arkham city costume pack. It's The Dark Knight costume with Bales voice & A All Star Batman & Robin one with Batman saying at the start of challenge maps ''Bring it on I'm The Goddamn Batman''. I'm so sorry for making these jokes but i watched the Linkara All Star Batman reviews today and could not help but make the joke.
  • edited August 2012
    So then what about having a Smallvile-type Superman game?

I don't mean the storylines or drama; I mean what about a game in which Clark is coming into his powers over time, and starts the game with perhaps little more than super strength?
  • edited August 2012
    Oh. I know about the movie but i did not see it yet. Only thing i know about it are 3 things...

1.Starfire & Robin Kiss.
    2.Robin gets angry at Starfire at the start because she had to kiss some random guy to learn how to speak their language.
    3.The Teen Titans go to Tokyo. I did not expect that to happen in this movie!!! ;)

There was also going to be a DC Animated film in the same vein as the recent ones, but they felt it didn't have a wide enough fan base, so they shelved it indefinitely, along with a sequel to the Wonder Woman movie(WHY?!) and a Batgirl: Year One adaptation. :(

And as awesome as more Arkham City costume packs would be(I'd love for a movie pack, even if it had to include the Forever & B&R suits), we won't be getting any more DLC. I think Rocksteady said Harley Quinn's Revenge was the last of it. :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.