Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Yeah well i guess it's better than some of Justice League team-ups in The Brave & The Bold...What did they do to Flash in that series? Why did he wear a helmet? Also i did like how they did Kid Flash in Teen Titans.
  • edited August 2012
    I haven't seen Brave and the Bold yet. I guess I should give it a shot. I stopped watching Young Justice after the episode that has the Joker. Great animation, and a great Robin, but any animated series that screws Joker up isn't something I want to be watching.
  • edited August 2012
    (Sighs & waits to hear a rant on The Batman's Joker)
  • edited August 2012
    There's nothing wrong with that Joker. It's neat.
  • edited August 2012
    (Is Shocked) Wow i really did not think there was someone else who didn't mind Joker in The Batman! Ok one episode i did not like was The Cat & The Bat. It was ok but it was a boring intro for Catwoman in The Batman.
  • edited August 2012
    Clue Master. I hate that shit.
  • edited August 2012
    So you hate the episode Q&A. Yeah that was a bad episode. I like the episodes with Penguin in it.
  • edited August 2012
    I forgot to add Out of the Past to the great Batman of the Future episodes.
  • edited August 2012
    I never liked Adam West’s Batman. It turned Batman into a cartoon character, which is why I prefer Bale and Conroy’s version.

And another thing, I believe that Batman is overshadowing Superman. At least until The Man of Steel comes out.
  • edited August 2012
    Adam West was awesome if you just ignore canon.
  • edited August 2012
    Bale's Batman isn't a cartoon character?

543e81dc974b9f9d5739f90e80435675308f4f1f.gif

That's a funny one. I'll have to write that down.
  • edited August 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    And another thing, I believe that Batman is overshadowing Superman.

He's been doing that for over a decade!
  • edited August 2012
    Batman:Superman is a boy scout!
    Superman:Shut up Batman no i'm not!
    Batman:Superman! how dare you talk to me like that. Now go to your time out chair.
    Superman:...Yes sir.

Batman is so cool he talks down to Superman ;).
  • edited August 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    I never liked Adam West’s Batman. It turned Batman into a cartoon character, which is why I prefer Bale and Conroy’s version.

And another thing, I believe that Batman is overshadowing Superman. At least until The Man of Steel comes out.

To be fair the show didn't do anything more silly than the comics at that point. They were equally campy. Like that issue where batman MUST wear a different colored outfit each day of the week.
  • edited August 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    He's been doing that for over a decade!

Just cause of the movies.
  • edited August 2012
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Just cause of the movies.

Batman has...Batman TAS, Batman of the Future,The Batman,Batman The Brave & The Bold,Batman Arkham Asylum,Arkham City, Bole's Batman movies.

Superman has...Superman the animated series,Superman Returns, & Legion of Super Heroes.

Yeah who wins?
  • edited August 2012
    Wasn't there also a little show that ran for 10 years.
  • edited August 2012
    Johro wrote: »

What?
  • edited August 2012
    Best comic book villain ever created: check

Best setting: check.

Doesn’t look like a fruitcake in colored undies: check.
  • edited August 2012
    coolsome wrote: »

Batman has the bale voice when he asks ''What's your name?''
  • edited August 2012
    Batman has the bale voice when he asks ''What's your name?''

Funny enough, I've been watching BTAS and Bats threw out "Where are they?!" and all I could think of was taking that bit of audio and putting it over Bale's bat-voice in The Dark Knight. Hate Bale's Batman voice.

Also watching Teen Titans. Yes, it has its silly episodes, but it also has its really good ones. Slade is a dick. But so is Robin. I also like the subtle bits that hint of Robin's allegiance to the Batman. "I already have a father." Though I'd bet he got a dressing down later for breaking into Wayne Enterprises and trying to steal that whatever-it-was. A new uniform wouldn't fool the Dark Knight.

EDIT: The Dark Knight Returns looks decent, not sure why they changed the batsuit though.

Also, who here thinks that Rocksteady is one of the few game devs that could give Superman a good game?
  • edited August 2012
    Whenever people know Batman's true identity, why does Batman continue to speak to them in his stupid Batman voice?

Talk normal gimboid!
  • edited August 2012
    In case someone else happens to be listening in. Duh.

And I don't think anyone will ever do Superman justice in video game form. The guy's just too overpowered. Whatever you could throw at him, he'll zap it with his eye lazers or whatever and BAM! Job's done. Hard to come up with anything that could challenge the dude.

Also, no-one has managed to get flight right in a video game. NO-ONE.
  • edited August 2012
    Funny enough, I've been watching BTAS and Bats threw out "Where are they?!" and all I could think of was taking that bit of audio and putting it over Bale's bat-voice in The Dark Knight. Hate Bale's Batman voice.

Also watching Teen Titans. Yes, it has its silly episodes, but it also has its really good ones. Slade is a dick. But so is Robin. I also like the subtle bits that hint of Robin's allegiance to the Batman. "I already have a father." Though I'd bet he got a dressing down later for breaking into Wayne Enterprises and trying to steal that whatever-it-was. A new uniform wouldn't fool the Dark Knight.

EDIT: The Dark Knight Returns looks decent, not sure why they changed the batsuit though.

Also, who here thinks that Rocksteady is one of the few game devs that could give Superman a good game?

Teen Titans is good too and it did have some great episodes like that one from season 5 where All the heroes are captured and only Beast Boy and a few heroes are left.
  • edited August 2012

"That's Bruce Wayne's distinctive voice, i'd recognise it anywhere!"

Nawww, not having it.
  • edited August 2012

And I don't think anyone will ever do Superman justice in video game form. The guy's just too overpowered. Whatever you could throw at him, he'll zap it with his eye lazers or whatever and BAM! Job's done. Hard to come up with anything that could challenge the dude.

Except Batman!!! IN Dark Knight Returns & Hush Batman beat Superman. Also in Batman of the Future Terry beats Superman in The Call part 2.
  • edited August 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    The 60's Batman TV show only ran for 3 seasons (just like Star Trek TOS).

Good thing too. I hate camp.

[EDIT]...in live action.
  • edited August 2012
    I was referring to his superman list.

Plus Cain's show ran for 4 years as well. They keep trying Superman, they keep sucking.
  • edited August 2012
    I know another reason why he is better than Superman...HE'S THE GOD DAMN BATMAN ;). Sorry i was watching Linkara and i had to make this joke.
  • edited August 2012

There are plenty of ways buddy, especially if we keep with the current Rocksteady formula. Some random bullcrap happens at the beginning, likely having to do with magic and it saps away Superman's powers. The enemy puts up a magic field around Metropolis and it makes it where Superman can be harmed by mundane means. And Superman has to overcome parts of this in order to get his powers back. For example, Superman's ability to fly is reduced to basically a high jump that keeps growing in strength until he can fly again. It's not hard. All it takes is a little ingenuity.

Anyways, as cool as The Dark Knight Returns is going to be, it seems like the DCU Animated movies are very Batman centered. Maybe it's time for one based on someone else? Heck, I think it's a shame that the Teen Titans one didn't pan out...
  • edited August 2012
    They need to milk the Bat for all the cash they can get:p.
  • edited August 2012
    There are plenty of ways buddy, especially if we keep with the current Rocksteady formula. Some random bullcrap happens at the beginning, likely having to do with magic and it saps away Superman's powers. The enemy puts up a magic field around Metropolis and it makes it where Superman can be harmed by mundane means. And Superman has to overcome parts of this in order to get his powers back. For example, Superman's ability to fly is reduced to basically a high jump that keeps growing in strength until he can fly again. It's not hard. All it takes is a little ingenuity.

Anyways, as cool as The Dark Knight Returns is going to be, it seems like the DCU Animated movies are very Batman centered. Maybe it's time for one based on someone else? Heck, I think it's a shame that the Teen Titans one didn't pan out...

...Or they can make a Superman skin for Batman Arkham City or You can get Lego Batman 2 which has Superman in an open world Gotham City ;)
  • edited August 2012
    The problem is, I don't think that would feel like a Superman game. It'd sort of feel like a fan-made game, not something that a professional game developer would make. Why would you play a Superman game if you're not gonna be an actual Superman? The game you describe just sounds like a mod for Arkahm City.

The 10 year Superman show was Smallville. I'm frankly amazed no-one realised that.

And Ryan... the flying aspect in LiB2: DiCS sucked.
  • edited August 2012
    Oh right that.....Yeah i don't feel i should add that to the list but ok then. Also i have not played Lego Batman 2 i only played the demo of the Playstation store so i did not play as Superman.
  • edited August 2012
    The problem is, I don't think that would feel like a Superman game. It'd sort of feel like a fan-made game, not something that a professional game developer would make. Why would you play a Superman game if you're not gonna be an actual Superman?

Uh huh. And professionally developed games are always good.:rolleyes:
    1139222532-00.jpg
  • edited August 2012
    Wheres the Nostalgia Critic and that machine that broke when he got to Superman 3's opening in the top 11 dumbest Superman moments when you need it? It would be perfect for Superman 64.

Edit:I did not play Superman 64 i'm just getting that it's awful from AVGN
  • edited August 2012
    I've tried it. It's flat-out broken. One of the worst games ever.
  • edited August 2012
    I did play it. It's bad. It's really bad. It's every bit as bad as the AVGN says.

Thank God I only rented it.

Oh, and Deadly Towers. I own Deadly Towers, and it really is terrible.

On the flip-side, people complain about E.T. being one of the worst games ever, but I actually liked it. Sure you have a tendency to accidentally drop back into a pit when you exit, but if you train yourself to exit from the left, right or bottom instead of the top, it's no big deal.
  • edited August 2012
    Watch the Batman & Superman AVGN episodes to see how bad these games can be.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.