Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited August 2012
    we won't be getting any more DLC. I think Rocksteady said Harley Quinn's Revenge was the last of it. :(

That's what they said... but I wouldn't completely rule out any WiiU exclusives when that comes out.
  • edited August 2012
    There was also going to be a DC Animated film in the same vein as the recent ones, but they felt it didn't have a wide enough fan base, so they shelved it indefinitely, along with a sequel to the Wonder Woman movie(WHY?!) and a Batgirl: Year One adaptation. :(

And as awesome as more Arkham City costume packs would be(I'd love for a movie pack, even if it had to include the Forever & B&R suits), we won't be getting any more DLC. I think Rocksteady said Harley Quinn's Revenge was the last of it. :(

(Faceplaims about DC's movie ways)
  • edited August 2012
    But the Wonder Woman film was awesome!
  • edited August 2012
    What's next!? Marvel adds Howard The Duck to the Avengers!? (I know it's bad from the Nostalgia Critic review.
  • edited August 2012
    I saw Howard the Duck when I was a kid, and I didn't think it was that terrible. Sure, it was cheesy (which is a given with a live action movie about an anthropomorphic duck) and there certainly are WTF moments, but on the whole I thought the movie wasn't that bad. It's not the best movie, but it has its moments.

I never understood that bit where NC makes fun of Phil Blumburtt for greeting Howard by making weird noises at him. Phil is both a nerd and an idiot, so he's expected to behave the way he does.
  • edited August 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    But the Wonder Woman film was awesome!

Yes, but I think part of it comes from the fact that it didn't sell as well as they expected, which is a shame.
  • edited August 2012
    I was nine when I first watched the animated series episode, “Robin’s Reckoning.” I cried the first time around, and ever since then, I’ve collected the whole series on DVD.
  • edited August 2012
    thedarkknightreturnsanimatedbluraybox.jpeg
    The cover for The Dark Knight Returns Part 1.
  • edited August 2012

Wait Wait Wait

Part 1?
  • edited August 2012
    Wait Wait Wait

Part 1?

Yes its in 2 parts cos its a damn big comic. The 2nd part is out spring 2013 I believe.

check out his tight batbutt...oh crap its not batman and robin again is it!?
  • edited August 2012
    Bring on Arkham Asylum or Killing Joke!
  • edited August 2012

Ah, the typical Batman image. Standing on a high-altitude building, looking out over the city and brooding.
  • edited August 2012
    So the tread is dead because no one posted in 4 days? You do know the Kingdom Hearts thread didn't get any replys for a long time a long while ago and now it's back. Just because no one posted in 4 days just does not mean the thread's dead. Also Why didn't you use spoiler tags or a Spoiler Alert after that last part?
  • edited August 2012
    Because we’ve all played Arkham City by now.
  • edited August 2012
    Arrow the DC live series based on Green Arrow looks good.
  • edited August 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Because we’ve all played Arkham City by now.

A.No not everyone has played Batman Arkham City. B. Even if they did play it does not mean they finished it and you just ruined the ending for them.
  • edited August 2012
    Thank you for making me feel like an asshole.
  • edited August 2012

Just edit the post and add a spoiler tag and all will be ok.
  • edited August 2012
    Hey, don't fret about it. It's a Batman thread. Most people know what they're getting in for. Also, Ryan acts like he's 10 and hasn't gotten the sweeties he's been begging for. Don't take everything he says to heart.
    Arrow the DC live series based on Green Arrow looks good.
    It does, actually. I was pretty surprised when I saw the trailer, but yeah, it definitely looks interesting.

(Starts taking bets on how long it takes Ryan to make a thread about it)
  • edited August 2012
    Hey, don't fret about it. It's a Batman thread. Most people know what they're getting in for. Also, Ryan acts like he's 10 and hasn't gotten the sweeties he's been begging for. Don't take everything he says to heart.It does, actually. I was pretty surprised when I saw the trailer, but yeah, it definitely looks interesting.

(Starts taking bets on how long it takes Ryan to make a thread about it)

Sorry Darth but you lost i don't like Green Arrow.
  • edited August 2012
    Well, whoop-de-fucking-doo. Thanks for sharing.
  • edited August 2012
    Well....hate to be the jerk, but what does Arrow have to do with Batman anyways?

In actual Batman related news, the Dark Knight will be arriving in Metropolis in the upcoming Smallville comic season, along with his sidekick, Nightwing. Though, it's Barbara Gordon as Nightwing, not Dick Grayson. Could be an interesting twist for those following the comics.
  • edited August 2012
    Well....hate to be the jerk, but what does Arrow have to do with Batman anyways?

In actual Batman related news, the Dark Knight will be arriving in Metropolis in the upcoming Smallville comic season, along with his sidekick, Nightwing. Though, it's Barbara Gordon as Nightwing, not Dick Grayson. Could be an interesting twist for those following the comics.

The fact that they're the same character.
  • edited August 2012
    Nothing. We just got a little distracted, is all. Not really anywhere else to talk about it, really.
    There's a Smallville comic? Is it like the Buffy comic that's like another season series set after the show, 'cause that'd be kinda interesting, if a little weird. I seem to recall the show ending with Tom Welling being Superman, thus fulfilling the remit of the show. A comic set after that would just be a Superman comic, wouldn't it?
  • edited August 2012
    There's a Smallville comic? Is it like the Buffy comic that's like another season series set after the show, 'cause that'd be kinda interesting, if a little weird. I seem to recall the show ending with Tom Welling being Superman, thus fulfilling the remit of the show. A comic set after that would just be a Superman comic, wouldn't it?

That's what it is. I think the interest of it is that while it is a Superman comic, it is set in a different kind of universe than the standard comic.

And I will go ahead and say this. I would definitely not mind them continuing on the Nolan Batman stories in the same way.
  • edited August 2012
    I really hope that DC actually considers people’s requests to make The Killing Joke into an animated movie. We get Mark Hamill back for one last ride, DC makes more money, and Hamill can finally get his shot at doing this adaptation. Win-win.
  • edited August 2012
    Hamill can claim that he's done all he wants, but I think until he retires from acting altogether, the Joker will always be a part of him. He put so much time and effort into that role. And honestly, I'd rather have a sequel to Wonder Woman, a DC Animated Teen Titans movie that's serious in tone, or a Batgirl: Year One movie over yet ANOTHER Batman movie. We've had Gotham Knights, Year One, Under the Red Hood, and now Dark Knight Returns.
  • edited August 2012
    No adaptation of The Killing Joke will ever do the song justice anyway.
  • edited August 2012
    Hamill can claim that he's done all he wants, but I think until he retires from acting altogether, the Joker will always be a part of him. He put so much time and effort into that role. And honestly, I'd rather have a sequel to Wonder Woman, a DC Animated Teen Titans movie that's serious in tone, or a Batgirl: Year One movie over yet ANOTHER Batman movie. We've had Gotham Knights, Year One, Under the Red Hood, and now Dark Knight Returns.

Plus you could say he is kinda the main hero of Justice League Doom since he saved the rest of the Justice League.
  • edited August 2012
    No adaptation of The Killing Joke will ever do the song justice anyway.

(Thinks about hearing Joker's joke at the end of The killing Joke in Mark Hamill's Joker Voice)
  • edited August 2012
    (Thinks about hearing Joker's joke at the end of The killing Joke in Mark Hamill's Joker Voice)
    Don't get me wrong - he'd be good, no doubt about it. But it still wouldn't do the scene justice in my eyes.
  • edited August 2012
    I think rocksteady should/could finish the arkham franchise in 1 or 2 more games...
    batman city of terror
    hush takes over wayne interprises,& lauches a scheme 2 kill batman, while the inmates escape from the GCPD...main villains: HUSH, scarcrow, harlequin, poison ivy, redhood, lazara, fire fly, deathstroke, lady shiva,brainiac possessed oracle, nyssa al ghul,black mask, twoface, bane, & joker(scarecrow nightmare). others: riddler, killer croc, cluemaster, spoiler, damien(wayne) al ghul, creeper, ventriliquist, great white shark, terrible trio, lady clay, & ect...playable characters: batman, batgirl(cassandra cain), red robin, redhood, nightwing, & catwoman
    batman arkham world
    lockup traps the JL in watchtower while others are being killed by AMAZO, & turns the world into 1 big prison. batman & members of the new batman INC. st out 2 stop him.. main villains: lockup, brainiac, manbat, terrible trio, harlequin, poison ivy,superman(hypnotized by ivy's lip stick), talia al ghul, bane, black mask(jerhamia arkham),neuron, twoface, and joker(REVIVED). others: riddler, (peyton riley) ventriliquist, dead shot, fire fly, killer moth, queen bee, blockbuster, and ect.. playable characters: batman, blackbat, robin, nightwing, harlequin, joker, catwoman, and maybe red robin & batgirl(stephanie brown)... :D
  • edited August 2012
    I still don’t fully believe that Joker is actually dead.
  • edited August 2012
    Joker93 wrote: »
    I think Rocksteady should/could finish the Arkham franchise in 1 or 2 more games.
    Batman City of Terror
    Hush takes over Wayne Enterprises,& lauches a scheme to kill Batman, while the inmates escape from the GCPD. Main villains: Hush, Scarcrow, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Red Hood, lazara, Firefly, Deathstroke, Lady Shiva,Brainiac possessed Oracle, Nyssa Al Ghul,Black Mask, Two Face, Bane, & Joker(scarecrow nightmare). others: Riddler, Killer Croc, Cluemaster, Spoiler, Damien(Wayne) Al Ghul, Creeper, Ventriliquist, Great White Shark, The Terrible Trio, Lady Clay, & ect. Playable characters: Batman, Batgirl(Cassandra Cain), Red Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing, & Catwoman.
    Batman Arkham World
    Lockup traps the Justice League in The Watchtower while others are being killed by AMAZO, & turns the world into one big prison. Batman & members of the new Batman INC set out to stop him. Main villains: Lockup, Brainiac, ManBat, The Terrible Trio, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy,Superman(hypnotized by Ivy's lip stick), Talia Al Ghul, Bane, Black Mask(Jerhamia Arkham),Neuron, Two Face, and Joker(Revived). Others: The Riddler, (Peyton Riley) The Ventriliquist, Deadshot, Firefly, Killer Moth, Queen Bee, Blockbuster, and ect. Playable characters: Batman, Blackbat, Robin, Nightwing, Harley quinn, Joker, Catwoman, and maybe Red Robin & Batgirl(Stephanie Brown)... :D

1.I fixed up your post a bit until someone better can fix it but hopefully it can stop people annoying you about it until someone better can fix it.

2.Are you new to the Forums?

3.I think there only has to be another Arkham game which is Arkham World (or if two things happen. They do a prequel like people are saying they are doing or they make a great cliffhanger at the end of Arkham World and they make Batman Arkham Universe :D.

4. You got a good villain list but Harley Quinn is spelled like this and her name is spaced out and Talia would not be a villain since she tries to stop Joker from killing Batman in Arkham City and while you do got a good playable characters list, I don't think they would make Joker and Harley playable unless it was Challenge Maps but if you mean in game i don't think they would have that many playable characters in the main game. Maybe 4 playable characters in the main game (Batman,Catwoman,Robin (Tim Drake) and Nightwing).
  • edited August 2012
    1.I fixed up your post a bit until someone better can fix it but hopefully it can stop people annoying you about it until someone better can fix it.
    The irony of you saying that is just hilarious.
    His join date may give you a clue to that.
    3.I think there only has to be another Arkham game which is Arkham World (or if two things happen. They do a prequel like people are saying they are doing or they make a great cliffhanger at the end of Arkham World and they make Batman Arkham Universe :D.
    Really, they can't make Gotham any bigger than it already is. The game would just be too unfocused. AC was on the border of being that as is, I really don't want to imagine what a bigger sandbox would be like.
    4. You got a good villain list but Harley Quinn is spelled like this and her name is spaced out and Talia would not be a villain since she tries to stop Joker from killing Batman in Arkham City and while you do got a good playable characters list, I don't think they would make Joker and Harley playable unless it was Challenge Maps but if you mean in game i don't think they would have that many playable characters in the main game. Maybe 4 playable characters in the main game (Batman,Catwoman,Robin (Tim Drake) and Nightwing).
    And here's where that first quote comes into play again. Oh sweet, delicious irony.

But yeah, the idea of switching between different main characters is kinda cool. Maybe replace Catwoman with Batgirl or the Huntress, but yeah, I like it. Just don't have too many, or people will feel overwhelmed.
  • edited August 2012
    The irony of you saying that is just hilarious.
    His join date may give you a clue to that.
    Really, they can't make Gotham any bigger than it already is. The game would just be too unfocused. AC was on the border of being that as is, I really don't want to imagine what a bigger sandbox would be like.
    And here's where that first quote comes into play again. Oh sweet, delicious irony.

But yeah, the idea of switching between four main characters is kinda cool. Maybe replace Catwoman with Batgirl or the Huntress, but yeah, I like it.

OK Darth we get it i'm a bad speller but will you please stop going over about it. You're like a parrot.

Anyway back to topic. If they do bring Catwoman back i hope they improve her skills to climb bulidings. But i hope they make Batgirl a playable character. Also i forgot to say in my reply why did you say Red Hood be a villain and a playable character?
  • edited August 2012

1.thank you.
    2. yes
    3. there was so much crap in the game left open I felt it wasn't time 4 AW yet but your idea's good to :)
    4. I DON'T KNOW WHY I KEEP MISSPELLING HER NAME lol but i guess i was thinking along the lines of RA'S using talia's body/lazurus pit currupts her...yes I thought challenge maps but make them unique to the character this time(not the same maps designed for batman, like in AA & AC),somewhat story relavent. make all characters playable at the end! AA didn't give joker free roam & AC didn't give robin & nightwing it either. lastly, I think the asain batgirl deserves some big publicity don't you :p
  • edited August 2012
    Joker93 wrote: »
    1.Thank you.
    2. Yes
    3. There was so much crap in the game left open. I felt it wasn't time for Arkham World yet but your idea's good too :).
    4. I DON'T KNOW WHY I KEEP MISSPELLING HER NAME lol. But i guess i was thinking along the lines of Ra's puting Talia's body into the lazurus pit currupts her. Yes I thought challenge maps but make them unique to the character this time(not the same maps designed for Batman, like in Arkham Asylum & Arkham City),Somewhat story relavent. Make all characters playable at the end! Arkham Asylum didn't give Joker free roam & Arkham City didn't give Robin & Nightwing it either. Bastly, I think that Batgirl deserves some big publicity don't you?:p

1.Fixed again, Sorry about that last Batgirl part but i didn't know what you were trying to say so i just said ''That Batgirl''.

2.Yes i agree but to tell you the truth i don't really know any other Batgirls other than Barbra because i didn't read that many comics (I actually started reading the graphic novels like Batman The Dark Knight rises and The Killing joke and Batman Hush.

3. I agree i wish we could free roam with them but there's one problem with Joker's free roaming and that is there is no way he could climb buildings :D.
  • edited August 2012
    OK Darth we get it i'm a bad speller but will you please stop going over about it. You're like a parrot.

Anyway back to topic. If they do bring Catwoman back i hope they improve her skills to climb bulidings. But i hope they make Batgirl a playable character. Also i forgot to say in my reply why did you say Red Hood be a villain and a playable character?

he's an ineresting caracter that challengs batman in a dark way. batman failed to save him from joker,who beats him to death, &,after AC's ending, just his presence is a reminder of batman's failures. it opens the doors 22 a great plot & i'll explain the rest later I'm late 4 a party!!!!
  • edited August 2012

Well, we'll just have to wait and see when the game takes place. Honestly, if it is going to be a prequel showing Batman's first time tangoing with Mr. J, then there would be so many characters that would not be around. Harley Quinn, for one, and likely not Batgirl or Tim Drake as Robin. We might, MIGHT, see a young Dick Grayson as Robin, but that's uncertain.

As for there being a bigger sandbox, the way around that is to come up with driving/flying controls and let us have the Batmobile and/or Batwing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.