Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited August 2012
    An argument would require there to be another view point. There ARE only 3 Star Wars films.
  • edited August 2012
    Theres only one films and it was a TV holiday special.
  • edited August 2012
    There are six Star Wars films. Definitely not seven. SIX.

And yes, three of them are awful. But then again, fan edits can at least partially redeem them. Kind of. The mythical non-existant Batman films that aren't real? Unsalvageable. Or would be, if they weren't a massive hoax.
  • edited August 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    An argument would require there to be another view point. There ARE only 3 Star Wars films.

Right. Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith. The other, really bad and crappy ones that look terrible, do not exist.
  • edited August 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Right. Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith. The other, really bad and crappy ones that look terrible, do not exist.

...And suddenly Half the Star Wars fans faceplaim.
  • edited August 2012
    ...And suddenly Half the Star Wars fans faceplaim.

See that's how I reacted when my cousin had no interest in seeing Episode 4-6 because they were old. I personally like all 5 Star Wars movies.
  • edited August 2012
    Yeah they are all great...except that one you say does not exist...Return of the jedi but the rest are great. That Phantom Menace one was the best of them all.
  • edited August 2012
    This is a Batman thread, dammit! Stop talking Star Wars!
  • edited August 2012
    Stop rattling Falcone's cage.
  • edited August 2012
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Stop rattling Falcone's cage.

5633.batman-is-not-amused.jpg
  • edited August 2012
    Why So serious?
  • edited August 2012
    50806302015805903_KxyruozT_c.jpg

Batman, the pimp. And in the animated series continuity, he's gotten at least lip service from all three.
  • edited August 2012
    Batman, the pimp. And in the animated series continuity, he's gotten at least lip service from all three.

There is no female villain in the Batman universe that he hasn’t already kissed.
  • edited August 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    There is no female villain in the Batman universe that he hasn’t already kissed.

Even Amanda Waller!?!?
  • edited August 2012
    I read one issue where he kisses Rene Montoya and another one where he kisses Roxie Rocket. There was even one where he kissed Poison Ivy willingly! She wasn’t even wearing that toxic lipstick!
  • edited August 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    Even Amanda Waller!?!?

Okay, probably not every female villain. God forbid if they make him want to get lip service from fuckin’ Granny Goodness!
  • edited August 2012
    There was even one where he kissed Poison Ivy willingly! She wasn’t even wearing that toxic lipstick!

Didn't he do that too in Batman & Robin? (with a lip protection).
  • edited August 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Didn't he do that too in Batman & Robin? (with a lip protection).

That was Robin.
  • edited August 2012
    That movie still sucked.
  • edited August 2012
    Bat Credit Card....Sorry had to say that when this was mentioned.
  • edited August 2012
    Alright everyone, chill.

What a tremendous shit that was on movie goers. I wish I had never even heard of that abysmal piece of shit.
  • edited August 2012
    Anybody know of an expanded score to the Dark Knight Rises?
  • edited August 2012
    Alright everyone, chill.

What a tremendous shit that was on movie goers. I wish I had never even heard of that abysmal piece of shit.

The thing is, there were some good bits. Alfred was well acted, as always. Clooney was decent as Bruce/Batman. Alicia Silverstone did okay as Batgirl(though I agree with the Nostalgia Critic. It's unfair that we have to see bat-nipples on Batman and Robin, but Batgirl is exempt) even though her character was written wrong. The Batmobile could have been cool if it hadn't been lit in neon and had an actual cockpit, but then, I guess Bats is lucky that Deadshot doesn't exist in the Schumacher-verse. Schwarzenegger was beyond over-the-top as Freeze, which would've worked if they were using the old-school comic version of the character, but no, this was the "I'm doing this to make a cure to save my wife" Freeze, who is very collected and reserved. I wish I could slap the idiot who thought that Uma Thurman would make a good Ivy. Over-the-top cliched villainy complete with "Curses!" and not even very attractive. And Bane. What the heck. Even without the fancy super-drugs and luchador background, Nolan's Bane was closer to the comic books. Sure, Bane LOOKED the part, but the writing and acting for him bombed. That's not to mention that it made no sense for Batman and Robin to appear at a public event, nor for Batman to have a credit card, and I wanted to slap Barbara for insinuating that Alfred only stayed there out of sympathy and that his employment was essentially slavery. As you can see, in my eyes, the bad outweighs the good by a large margin.

At least Batman Forever had some decent things that kept it from being abysmally bad. Heck, they made Robin's outfit look good instead of...well, look at Burt Ward.

DAISHI, not that I'm aware of. Which is sad, I much prefer the full score of a movie, but that rarely gets released, at least to the mass market.
  • edited August 2012
    The thing is, there were some good bits. Alfred was well acted, as always. Clooney was decent as Bruce/Batman. Alicia Silverstone did okay as Batgirl(though I agree with the Nostalgia Critic. It's unfair that we have to see bat-nipples on Batman and Robin, but Batgirl is exempt) even though her character was written wrong. The Batmobile could have been cool if it hadn't been lit in neon and had an actual cockpit, but then, I guess Bats is lucky that Deadshot doesn't exist in the Schumacher-verse. Schwarzenegger was beyond over-the-top as Freeze, which would've worked if they were using the old-school comic version of the character, but no, this was the "I'm doing this to make a cure to save my wife" Freeze, who is very collected and reserved. I wish I could slap the idiot who thought that Uma Thurman would make a good Ivy. Over-the-top cliched villainy complete with "Curses!" and not even very attractive. And Bane. What the heck. Even without the fancy super-drugs and luchador background, Nolan's Bane was closer to the comic books. Sure, Bane LOOKED the part, but the writing and acting for him bombed. That's not to mention that it made no sense for Batman and Robin to appear at a public event, nor for Batman to have a credit card, and I wanted to slap Barbara for insinuating that Alfred only stayed there out of sympathy and that his employment was essentially slavery. As you can see, in my eyes, the bad outweighs the good by a large margin.

At least Batman Forever had some decent things that kept it from being abysmally bad. Heck, they made Robin's outfit look good instead of...well, look at Burt Ward.

DAISHI, not that I'm aware of. Which is sad, I much prefer the full score of a movie, but that rarely gets released, at least to the mass market.

Yeah it usually takes a while for me to get my hands on one, and usually by means of music trading. I wish more studios did stuff like Lord of the Rings: The Complete Recordings.
  • edited August 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydku61G9AfU

How I know Joker isn’t really dead.
  • edited August 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydku61G9AfU

How I know Joker isn’t really dead.

That's theory, not proof. Until a game actually confirms it, Joker is dead,
    and his body was being hidden by Gordon and Batman, but then after an incident at Arkham Asylum that was a trap by Joker for Batman, they decided to cremate the body.
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Yeah it usually takes a while for me to get my hands on one, and usually by means of music trading. I wish more studios did stuff like Lord of the Rings: The Complete Recordings.

I was really glad that they did a full score for the 2009 Star Trek movie. Love the music in that film.
  • edited August 2012
    I have the strangest feeling that Harley and Ivy might be lesbians.
  • edited August 2012
    I like the theory that Joker somehow was turned into a living Lazarus Pit.
  • edited August 2012
    Guess what people! I have started reading Batman Hush and i am about half way into it where
    Batman & Catwoman go to metropolis looking for Ivy
  • edited August 2012
    That's a good one.

Okay, yeah yeah it's my favourite GN, but I know I'm in the minority.
  • edited August 2012
    I have the strangest feeling that Harley and Ivy might be lesbians.

Not full time, but when Mr. J doesn't feel like revvin' up his Harley, she does have somewhere she can go.

2113329-harley_and_ivy_super.jpg
  • edited August 2012
    Does anyone like Batman of the future? (For people in the usa it's Batman Beyond ;) )
  • edited August 2012
    It had Conroy... and the movie was pretty good. That's about it for the high points. I bought them, but I don't think I made it into the third season. I just didn't find Terry very likeable as Batman, he felt like a Robin.
  • edited August 2012
    I enjoy it and Return of the joker is one of my favorite Batman movies (Even better then Mask of the Phantasm) and i think the first 2 episodes of season 1 are great. Also there is another great two parter about Terry & the Justice League. I like it better than Batman The Animated Series but i like The Batman more than both of them.
  • edited August 2012
    I like it better than Batman The Animated Series but i like The Batman more than both of them.

You... are definitely in the extreme minority on that one. TAS is widely considered one of the greatest cartoons of all time.
  • edited August 2012
    Whoa don't get me wrong i think it is one of the greatest animated shows but in my personal opinion i like The Batman & Batman of the future better. I mean come on they all got their own great episodes such as...

Batman TAS: Perchance to Dream,Dreams in Darkness,Christmas With The Joker,The Strange Secret Of Bruce Wayne,Mad Love.

Batman Of The Future:Rebirth Parts 1 & 2,Splicers,Eyewitness,The Call Parts 1 & 2 (Also Johro this is in season 3) Spellbound.

The Batman:The Laughing Bat,Batgirl Begins,The Rubberface of Comedy,The Clayface of Tragedy,Bird Of Pray,Call of the Cobblepot,The Big Freeze,Riddled,Strange Minds,Fleurs Du Mal (It's a Poison Ivy episode),Strange New World,Two Of A Kind.

Also please do not say Batman Brave & the Bold is better than Batman TAS thats taking it a bit too far ;) (This is a joke it's Ok if you like Brave & the Bold better than TAS,The Batman or Batman of the future) Also remember this is my opinion on My favorite Episodes.

Also Teen Titans are great too.
  • edited August 2012
    OK, I've noticed this for a while and I've just plain had enough of it. PLEASE check your spelling when you post Ryan, paying extra care when it come to putting Capital Letters at the Beginning of Words. Your poor grammar really drags down anything you say and it's such obvious stuff it's hard to believe you're fluent in English at times.

As for Batman... TAS was the best, Beyond was a worthy follow-up, The Batman is OK for the first couple of series but went downhill after that (and I despise what they did with the Joker), Brave and Bold is an odd guilty pleasure that's hard to describe and Teen Titans is a good kids show but isn't much more than that.
  • edited August 2012
    The Batman is OK for the first couple of series but went downhill after that (and I despise what they did with the Joker),

No. Exactly the opposite. The first season was the worst and they got better as they went.
  • edited August 2012
    I think it was great until season 5 when all the team-ups started. There were a few good episodes but most were team-ups.
  • edited August 2012
    Gonna have to disagree with you too. The Justice League-centric season was cool. It was a cool look at the JLA of that universe.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.