Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited July 2012
    James Woods would make a good voice for the Joker.
  • Who here is going to see the Dark Knight movie marathon on the 19th?
  • edited July 2012
    Right here.
  • DAISHI wrote: »
    Right here.

High Five.
  • edited July 2012
    I watched them in marathon mode. That's a lot of Batman. I am very tired.

Bane was not quite as interesting as I was hoping he would be
  • edited July 2012

The sad thing is that dirtbag is getting all the attention he wanted..
  • edited July 2012
    Probably not the point, but why was there a 6 year old at a midnight showing? Who the hell takes someone that young to a a film that would finish at around 3 in the morning? If the kid HAS to see it (and I know they'd probably see it one way or another), why let them go to a midnight screening?
  • edited July 2012
    Probably not the point, but why was there a 6 year old at a midnight showing? Who the hell takes someone that young to a a film that would finish at around 3 in the morning? If the kid HAS to see it (and I know they'd probably see it one way or another), why let them go to a midnight screening?

My dad took me to the midnight premier of The Clone Wars. It was a family deal. I don't really see how this is the strange thing.
  • edited July 2012
    I know people like that. Fanboys who are caring parents... but maybe not the best. Not blaming them though. Not at all. That guy sounds pretty fucked up... but you never know, the media likes to paint villains so it's hard to tell what is the truth at this point. For all we know he could have just been some guy with mortality issues thinking "hey this is a good way to be remembered". We don't know.
  • edited July 2012
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    My dad took me to the midnight premier of The Clone Wars. It was a family deal. I don't really see how this is the strange thing.
    Clone Wars is a very different type of film, and it's about half as long. Your comparison doesn't work.

The guy who did this was messed up. End of.
  • edited July 2012
    Is it insensitive I still want to see the movie?
  • edited July 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    Is it insensitive I still want to see the movie?

NO. NOT AT ALL.

I don't think people should not see it due to this asshole. That's exactly what he wants. If people stop seeing it because of him, he has power over them.
  • edited July 2012
    NO. NOT AT ALL.

I don't think people should not see it due to this asshole. That's exactly what he wants. If people stop seeing it because of him, he has power over them.

Im planning to see it tomorrow with my bro maybe. Then I just felt like I might have been incentive.
  • edited July 2012

There were lots of kids at the marathon I went to.
  • edited July 2012
    DAISHI wrote: »
    There were lots of kids at the marathon I went to.
    Hmm. I find that worrying as well.

And on the other point, go see it if you want to. Don't let some nutter make you not want to do so because he did something appalling. That is indeed feeding him and could (unintentionally) encourage others.
  • edited July 2012
    I will wait for a DVD release again.
  • edited July 2012
    The more attention brought to this situation, the worse the situation becomes.

What happened happened, there isn't really anything we, the outside audience, can do at this point than let the families mourn in peace. Anything more would only fuel the desire and intentions of the shooter and any who may think about doing the same.

Most of my friends, coworkers, and classmates watched movies like this as kids and it's not like kids never stay up late for stupid reasons. Kids will be kids. Excuse me for saying this, but this really seems like a non-issue to me.
  • edited July 2012

I don't. Kids love Batman and he is at least a hero that will never kill anyone.
  • edited July 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I don't. Kids love Batman and he is at least a hero that will never kill anyone.
    Well, that's true. They're still pretty dark films though, so not something I'd let my non-existent 6 year old watch. And certainly not at midnight. But hey ho, that's just me (apparently).
  • edited July 2012
    Well, that's true. They're still pretty dark films though, so not something I'd let my non-existent 6 year old watch. And certainly not at midnight. But hey ho, that's just me (apparently).

Honestly, I saw plenty of pretty dark films when I was a kid, mainly Hitchcock, because "they were classics". However, I didn't really see movies in theaters until I was about thirteen. Don't really know why. I just didn't.
  • edited July 2012
    Oh, I hope that [post that was deleted] wasn't an actual spoiler. You will be in for a world of pain if it is.
  • Oh, I hope that's not an actual spoiler. You will be in for a world of pain if it is.

Hell yeah, it’s a spoiler. I have a number of others that will really piss you off.

Say, Dark Knight 4?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, if that was an actual spoiler, we'll TALK. :mad:

Living in Germany, I can't even see it before the end of the month. Shitty enough I get my TT games spoiled in total roaming these forums while I wait for the PC version, but I don't need my MOVIES spoiled as well.
  • edited July 2012
    ...I think Vain speaks for us all there.
  • edited July 2012
    Ooh! Ooh! I got one! I got one!
    Dumbledore dies!

EDIT: Nah what actually happens is:
    Batman turn into a Giant robot then kills Bane. Then he turns into a giant spaceship and leaves

Or how about the time when
    Old yeller gets sick, and Bruce has to make an important decision
  • I’m laughing hysterically at the fact that you guys actually believed me about the Robin thing. It just happens to be his name!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Not the time, Retro.
  • :( Sorry. BTW, Scarecrow’s in the movie.
  • edited July 2012
    Living in Germany, I can't even see it before the end of the month. Shitty enough I get my TT games spoiled in total roaming these forums while I wait for the PC version, but I don't need my MOVIES spoiled as well.

Amen to that. Thank god I don't mind spoilers myself. And didn't see that one since it weas deleted quickly.
  • edited July 2012
    Not the time, Retro.

XD

You guys do realise I haven't watched the newest film.

I don't think its even out yet! XD
    (In the UK at least...)
  • For those who saw the post, let’s try to forget I even said that.

Anyway, movie was great, but didn’t surpass The Dark Knight. And Ledger was better at playing the villain than Hardy, in my opinion.
  • edited July 2012
    I'd have been surprised if it had surpassed TDK. That was an absolute powerhouse of a movie.

What were your thoughts on Anne Hathaway?
  • So-so. She was alright, for an actress who has a lot of bad movies under her belt.
  • edited July 2012
    I'd have been surprised if it had surpassed TDK. That was an absolute powerhouse of a movie.

Both Nolan Batman movies were amazing.
    I liked the first one more though.
  • edited July 2012
    Both Nolan Batman movies were amazing.
    I liked the first one more though.
    I can sort of understand that, though I'm not as MUCH of a fan of the first one just because it's Nolan's attempt at the Spider-Man Formula. He does it incredibly well, but the movie very much follows Spider-Man's template, just as all these Superhero Origin Story movies do.
  • edited July 2012

Yes, the comic Batman won't. The Adam West Batman won't. Nor will Clooney's.

Bale? Oh yes. He left "R'as" to burn to death as well as I don't know how many ninjas, not to mention leaving the real R'as to die. Those are just off the top of my head.

Keaton? Oh lord. Kills SEVERAL goons with a Batmobile bomb at Axis chemicals. Then there's the possibility that he killed a few when he rained down holy hellfire with the Batwing. And then there's the Joker. And then there's the possibility that he incinerated one of the clowns in Batman Returns with the Batmobile's exhaust, then there's the unfortunate soul he strapped a bomb to and tossed him down the sewer.

And then there's Kilmer. While not as homocidal as Keaton's Bat, he's still done his share. Namely when he was escaping from Two-Face's goons by (ugh)driving up a wall, the cars behind him crashed and exploded. And then there was Two-Face himself.
  • edited July 2012
    Oh, yeah, that reminds me! Anyone here know about the Shadow? Look him up.
    http://www.shadowsanctum.net/interactive/tidbits_archive/shadow_batman-movie_comparisons.html
    This here's an interesting comparison between the 1994 Shadow movie and Batman Begins. Not to mention that the Shadow is also a millionaire playboy masquerading as a cloaked, fearsome crusader. Except he uses guns.

There's also that the very first Batman story, featuring the Joker, was a take-off on a much earlier Shadow story called Partners of Peril or something, and starring "The Grim Joker." Batman used guns in this first story, as well.

Anyway, that's about all the relevance I have to this thread, having not seen the new movie. >_> Enjoy the weird parallels, I guess?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Namely when he was escaping from Two-Face's goons by (ugh)driving up a wall, the cars behind him crashed and exploded.
    That's not Batman killing someone. Those people died because they weren't paying attention to where they were going.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm actually a closet fan of The Shadow movie (so hey, I guess I'm out of the closet now!) and I can say that Batman developed his own persona very quickly. The Shadow is a master of mental abilities, which work a lot like the Force - he mostly uses them to wipe his presence from his foe's minds, so they could be looking right at him and not see him. The only thing they can see is his shadow, hence his name.

I really hope Sam Raimi can get to make the Shadow movie he's stated he wants to make. It'd be glorious.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.