Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    Weren't they also involved in the Tim/Joker from Beyond too?

No but
    Joker stole the tec from them to do it
    . But that wasnt revealed till the final episode of Justice League Unlimited series 1.
  • edited June 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    What do you think about the
    Cadmius sign
    in Harleys Revenge?

Hate to be a derp here, but...derp?
  • edited June 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JangZq50ZbA

Spoilers for Harleys revenge^

BTW Spoiler tags keep breaking! loads of times it looks like I never put one on then later it repairers.
  • edited June 2012
    I guess that was my 1000th. Huh. Anyway, I hope there's another game.
  • edited June 2012
    In Batman of the future/beyond return of the joker. Joker didnt clone himself he used a computer chip to put his memories into Tim and that causes Tim to transform into Joker i think but i could be wrong.
  • edited June 2012
    He did indeed. Not sure how it went down in the comics/series though.
  • edited June 2012
    It was a chip. The incident was retconned(or "revealed" if you believe in Lucas story development) in JLU to have involved
    Cadmus technology, a company known in the DC universe for cloning.
  • edited June 2012
    I need a new Batman comic I only have a few like Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke. But I want one like Arkham city where the stakes are big and the story and charecters are impressive.
  • edited June 2012
    I haven't read them so I can't vouch for their quality, but I know there are actual Arkham City comic books
  • edited June 2012
    Batman is appearing in the Smallville comic this month.
  • edited June 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    I need a new Batman comic I only have a few like Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke. But I want one like Arkham city where the stakes are big and the story and charecters are impressive.

I'm still pulling for Hush.
  • edited June 2012
    Long Halloween . knight fall. No mans land.
  • edited June 2012
    No Man's Land does feel very similar (in premise, anyway) to Arkham City, what with Arkham being sealed off and left to rebuild itself. It also features (IIRC) a really heartbreaking moment with the Joker and Gordon's Wife. But I'd recommend it, because it's actually got a lot to say about how people react under horrific circumstances and isn't afraid to challenge the reader with incredibly mature themes.

Also, it has Lex Luthor. Can't go wrong with that guy.
  • edited June 2012
    I ordered Hush. :p I like the Earth One skin on Arkham but what is Earth One Batman from? probably something called earth one but what comic/story?
  • edited June 2012
    Alternate universe. The modern Batman you know(modern and Redhood movies)is Earth-One Batman pretty much. After the Crisis series, Earth One and Two(original) were merged and most of Batman's canonical past was borrowed from Earth-One. Basically, the suit just looks a bit different, but he's the Batman most people are familiar with. I don't even recall what Earth-Two Batman was like at the end anymore.

Now they're restarting the Earth-One comics while keeping the original E1 story in Earth Two. I don't know what the hell is going on these days. I guess that's the point. The 80's and 00's Batman seems to be THE Batman in regards to storylines. It's weird that even though they rebooted Batman, there are still 2 former Robins(at least, we don't even know if Todd existed, nevermind the other 2 or 3 he had between Tim and Damian). I was really hoping the reboot was going to be a reboot and not just dropping us off in a set universe of Batman that's already in the middle of shit.

Oh and to answer your second question, "Crisis on Infinite Earths" and "Infinite Crisis" stories involved Earth-One as well as other random comics and the upcoming graphic novel.
  • edited June 2012
    So...I found out peter weller is going to voice batman in Dark Knight Returns. I think I'm okay with this.
  • edited June 2012
    I think he'll sound okay. Took a few minutes to warm up to Nowhere Man in Red Hood, I'm sure it'll be a similar experience.
  • edited June 2012
    This is not okay!
  • edited June 2012
    I just thought of someone who would do a better job at the Joker in TDKR than DiMaggio....TIM EFFIN CURRY BITCHES.
  • edited June 2012
    I just thought of someone who would do a better job at the Joker in TDKR than DiMaggio....TIM EFFIN CURRY BITCHES.

You mean that one..guy...before mark hamil?
  • No Man’s Land has potential for it’s own animated miniseries.

Did anyone notice the sign in Harley’s Revenge saying that “When my Joker comes back we will all be happy”? Isn’t that some sort of hint?
  • edited June 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »

Did anyone notice the sign in Harley’s Revenge saying that “When my Joker comes back we will all be happy”? Isn’t that some sort of hint?

Maybe but I just assumed it was just her madness since it was on a drawing she did.
  • edited July 2012
    Kevin Smith Presents: Fatman on Batman.

So, that's something for you to check out.
  • edited July 2012
    Variety is reporting that Rocksteady's next entry into their Batman series will in fact be a prequel detailing Batman's first meeting with the Joker and will also feature members of the Justice League, presumably to get people ready for the JLA movie.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/arkham-city-sequel-will-be-a-silver-age-prequel
  • edited July 2012
    Not 100% about the Justice League, but everything else sounds good. Maybe we'll actually be able to see where we're going for once. :p
  • edited July 2012
    WAOH! theres a JLA movie!?
  • edited July 2012
    Variety is reporting that Rocksteady's next entry into their Batman series will in fact be a prequel detailing Batman's first meeting with the Joker and will also feature members of the Justice League, presumably to get people ready for the JLA movie.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/arkham-city-sequel-will-be-a-silver-age-prequel

A new Batman game from Rocksteady, based on the comics from the silver age? Sounds awesome! But is it really going to be a prequel to the Arkham games? Sounds more like a spin-off title, like the Ultimate Spider-Man game from 2005.
  • edited July 2012
    Mark Hamill? *crosses fingers*
  • edited July 2012
    I'm hoping it's a one-off title. No offence, but it doesn't sound like it would fit the new game cannon very well. Oh I'll play it and I'll love it, but it just doesnt convey the same as the other games.
  • If it doesn’t have Mark Hamill in it, fuck it, I’m not buying it.
  • edited July 2012
    It's Silver Age Batman. Mark Hamill wouldn't work.
  • edited July 2012
    Also didn't Hamill "resign" playing the Joker in any media?
  • edited July 2012
    Also didn't Hamill "resign" playing the Joker in any media?

He just said he wouldn't voice the Joker unless the script is as good or better thrn Arkham City.
  • edited July 2012
    He also specifically mentioned that he would come back for The Killing Joke if it were to be made and then sort of retracted the comment, saying that he just doesn't feel this ending could be topped for his Joker. He left it open to be proven wrong though. It was pretty much just like Arkham Asylum when he retired the first time.
  • edited July 2012
    It's Silver Age Batman. Mark Hamill wouldn't work.

Maybe I just don't get what's so different about Silver Age. If it's supposed to be a prequel to Arkham Asylum, then I doubt Rocksteady will change the tone too much.

My biggest problem with them doing a prequel is that Arkham City left so many things open for a sequel: Hush, Azrael's warnings, the missing bodies of R'as and Talia, Scarecrow, and the fact that Black Mask and Killer Croc are unaccounted for. As cool as it could be to go through Joker's first actual meeting with our dear Dark Knight, there's a lot that they could've picked up on. My personal theory on why they're doing a prequel is that they want to keep the Joker around but aren't sure if they should resurrect him.
  • edited July 2012
    It might be like Snake Eater where they use it to enplane and foreshadow more stuff for the sequel.
  • No, Mark Hamill said he would play Joker again if they made The Killing Joke into an animated movie. Fingers are crossed for Arkham 3.

Besides, here are a few ways Rocksteady could resurrect the Joker:

2nd Lazarus pit that Ra's Al Ghul had for backups
    Wasn’t really dead
    Corpse was actually another Clayface look-a-like.
    Corpse given Solomon Grundy’s curse
  • edited July 2012
    Maybe I just don't get what's so different about Silver Age.

01c645253852720fdbb8e36482a5e7dd6b8d87d9.jpg
    zntCR.jpg
    n5Tg0.jpg
    zl0au.jpg
    CuP4s.jpg

Silver Age Batman^
  • edited July 2012
    O.O

picard-riker-facepalm.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.