"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• Have you read the Harry Potter books?

Yes but the hidden message in this thread I made is that we will sadly not see S3 or DLC in a good while and we should start thinking about other game/movie ip's.

• Here’s my suggestions: Deadpool, Cowboy Bebop, Wild Cards, Star Wars, Judge Dredd

• No but eventually I will.

Kng0604 posted: »

Have you read the Harry Potter books?

• To me the movies aren't hardly any good compared to the books.

No but eventually I will.

• Good evening/morning,
    I have a suggestion/request but I was not sure on the best way to pitch this or who to pitch it to so here goes.

I have a great respect for the stories and work that you guys put out especially Wolf Among us and the emotionally charged Walking Dead. However, there is a game which I would love to see produced in your iconic style and that is an interpretation of the New York Times best selling Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

hear me out.

There is a wealth of background to draw on with 15 books already produced and up to 22 planned in total. I do not believe anyone else holds the rights to the reproduction of this as a video game and the stories totally fit your style. There is always a multilayered mystery to solve, allies to help Dresden along the way and plenty of action as Dresden struggles against the odds to combat all manner of dangers and foes. These books also have quite the following with a co-operative card game produced by evil hat and a RPG with source books by the same publisher (which would be great to draw on for an original story although the books themselves would make wonderful games). The audio books are narrated/acted by James Marsters, of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame, and he would probably jump at the chance to be a part of the game (contracts permitting) and would also do wonders for the sales of the game.

I hope I have done this pitch justice and would really appreciate this to be passed along to the powers that be for their consideration

• edited March 2018

Television Shows that would make a great game.

So, I have been thinking a lot recently and 2 shows, one being fairly recent, and another, being a little older, crossed my mind when thinking about games telltale should create. I've been thinking about games based on either Haven or Stranger things. In my opinion, I feel these shows give a great depth in character, and they also have a lot of hidden history. If you haven't watched Haven, It's a show about a young detective who finds herself in an eerie town in Maine where odd things occur. originally trying to find a murderer, she finds more than she has bargained for. In Stranger Things, a group of young boys try finding their friend in the first season with the help of a young girl with unimaginable power, and battle forces that come from the unknown, or as they describe it the "Upside Down". I feel like these shows, If not the same characters, still could create a good tell tale game plot. What do you all think?

• I'd have to say Dexter, just because it's one of my all time favorite shows and I think it could make a good telltale game.

• Breaking Bad! For obvious reasons.

• Gilligan's Island. :)

Actually, with the way Telltale currently creates games, just about any show would work.

• I have to go with the stranger thing idea.

• edited March 2018

Archer game please.

• Ready Player One, its just seems like it would be one of those games that literally everyone would play. Think about it, you could meet Batman, drive the DeLorean, get to see Kong and so much more...
    In my opinion if you were to make it a game it would be better off making it an MMO because if you don't know the plot to Ready Player One well then there is a thing called the Oasis which is a VR world in the future that allows players to pretty much do anything. Just imagine free roaming, leveling up and battling other players with such iconic movie or video game people/objects. To me the game would be so much fun and I do hope it becomes a real MMO or normal story game in the near future.

• As has been mentioned by just about everyone and Telltale themselves in the past before... Doctor Who. It's already an episodic format on television, and Telltale could manage to use a 'season' format of multiple adventures, your choices in each episode as either the Doctor or a new companion contributing to the season finale. With an explorable TARDIS, appearances by classic enemies and allies and an array of possible genres to tap into, just like the show. Just pick a Doctor and go.

Alternatively a game set in the Whoniverse itself without the Doctor is entirely possible. One only has to look at the array of spin off shows and concepts that the BBC and Big Finish has played with to get options... a UNIT series with Kate Stewart and Osgood, a Patanoster Gang series with Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax, a Torchwood series with Captain Jack and Gwen Cooper, a River Song series, a Gallifrey or Time War series... loads of choices.

• I assume that this has been brought up before, but I think telltale would be perfect to introduce the Horus Heresy to the world in a medium other than novels. A man can dream.

• That's the case almost everytime someone makes a movie based on a book.

To me the movies aren't hardly any good compared to the books.

• I would love a Venture Bros Telltale Series! <3

THE VENTURE BROS. IS PERFECT FOR TELLTALE Just imagine the fight sequences as Brock or improvising lines as Hank or being The Monarch. This needs to happen!

• Yeah, but the Harry Potter movies are like the worst, ( compared to the books). I usually enjoy books made into movies, but that hasn't really been the case with Harry Potter.

That's the case almost everytime someone makes a movie based on a book.

• edited March 2018

I Thought Of Something Either Awesome Or Terrible Which Is Making Stranger Things Telltale Game. Link: https://goo.gl/forms/734htjzcruyDwgXV2

• One More Thing Sorry For Mistakes I Was In A Rush.

• To be honest, I though the movies were kind of bad until I read Eragon and then rewatch the movie. After Eragon, I can assure you the HP movies aren't that bad, haha!

I would totally looooove a HP telltale series as well.
    Ravenclaw rules.

Yeah, but the Harry Potter movies are like the worst, ( compared to the books). I usually enjoy books made into movies, but that hasn't really been the case with Harry Potter.

• I would really enjoy a Harry Potter universe TellTale game, although I honestly couldn't say as to what time period I'd hope they'd adapt. I suppose I might prefer that they tackled something not in Harry Potter's school years as that'd be terribly linear and inflexible for a TellTale story unless Rowling allowed them to be incredibly liberal with an adaptation of their own.

• Just putting this out there but Jessica Jones would be phenomenal as a Telltale Series.

With the popularity of the Tv Series coming out on Netflix alot of people are being introduced to the vigilante PI but Jessica Jones is one of those comic that slipped under alot of peoples radar before the release on the new show on Netflix. I as well as many other people would love to pick up a copy of one of the graphic novels now which I probably will be doing soon but as I'd also love to see it get made into a Telltale series.

The 2 art styles would just match too well, please make this happen!!
    J

• Or a punisher Telltale game,we haven't seen a punisher game since 2004.

JustT1nMan posted: »

Just putting this out there but Jessica Jones would be phenomenal as a Telltale Series. With the popularity of the Tv Series coming out o

• That'd be cool, but I kind of feel like it'd be a bit too similar to the Wolf Among Us. --Hard-hitting detective work but instead of fairy tales, it's superheroes..

Just putting this out there but Jessica Jones would be phenomenal as a Telltale Series. With the popularity of the Tv Series coming out o

• To be fair people have been talking about having a Daredevil TT game for some years now and that would touch nearly as many bases as Jessica Jones would, outside the lawyer aspect of course.

AChicken posted: »

That'd be cool, but I kind of feel like it'd be a bit too similar to the Wolf Among Us. --Hard-hitting detective work but instead of fairy tales, it's superheroes..

• I agree! A Jessica Jones Telltale game in the style of Wolf Among Us would be really neat to see. Imagine the neon-noir art style of Wolf, but in a Marvel game. :weary:

• Something Star Wars the Clone Wars would be absolutely epic!! Could you imagine the lightsaber fights? The battles? The space battles? That is a game I would pay for.

• I also think that something avengers or Spider-Man would also be great!

• Yes it would be very similar to The Wolf Among Us but The Wolf Among Us was good! I loved the detective aspect of it and that being said technically Batman is a detective to or at least he is in the comic books.

I think the art style of the Jessica Jones comics would look really good in the Telltale format.

Telltale does work with DC but do they also work with Marvel? Curious?
    J

• I am currently toying with trying to create more in-depth outlines for how I would approach Telltale Games based on Spider-Man and Star Wars, if I can only think of how to show them off in terms of characters, choices and consequences and set pieces and the like. Have to admit that the Spidey one is much more set out in my mind than the Star Wars one but I could try both. One takes more inspiration from Batman and the other one Game of Thrones, I’l let you guess which. :p

• That actually wouldn't be a bad idea, with it's 1980's setting.

Went looking through the TVTropes list of the cast and decided on 4 people; Johnathan, Lucas, Max, and Nancy. (And I know these characters are romantically interested in each other, but that isn't my point) It would be interesting to go further into their backstories, and seeing how they could work together, along with working out their opposing views on things. And I'm quite interested in the character interaction between Johnathan & Lucas, Max & Nancy, and Lucas & Nancy, which we didn't get to see much of in the show. Plus, their underlying relationships would be interesting to further explore while they rely on each other for survival.

• To be honest on the topic of Spider Man I don't feel like they've ever gotten the character right in most of the movies that have come out, not in the ways that the comic books make him anyways. They just don't seem to make Peter Parker look like the badass he becomes when he puts on the suit. That being said, the new Spider Man game that's coming out from Sony looks like their gonna nail it perfectly.

As for Star Wars, with the whole EA micro transaction debacle Star Wars really could use a good single player campaign as much as EA wants to tell us it we don't want one (one that's not tied in with the movies) Personally I'd love to see CD Projekt Red get there hand on the franchise but if Telltale wants to have a go at it I'm sure we'd gladly welcome it with open arms.

Jessica Jones announcement at E3 for PS Vita? lol
    Ok maybe now I'm pushing it

• Now I've seen both Batman trailers I've been imagining a Spidey game with a different last episode where you still have the Green Goblin to contend with - either as the traditional suited mad man from the classic universe or the monster of the Ultimate Universe - but he's aligned himself with either Doctor Octopus or Venom based on your relationships with Otto and Eddie, with the other one joining your side as an anti hero - Superior Octopus for Otto and 'Lethal Protector' Venom for Eddie.

Plus other stuff like having either Lizard or Morbius as an enemy, Gwen or Cindy getting powers as Spider-Gwen or Silk, having a romantic relationship with them or MJ or Otto's daughter, having an internship with either the Daily Bugle or OSCORP... Now if I can only get it all into a chart or outline which makes sense... :p

• Damn, dude. You really need to get this stuff on paper! It's good!
    (Though I will say, that seems like an awful lot of characters for one season to feature.)

Now I've seen both Batman trailers I've been imagining a Spidey game with a different last episode where you still have the Green Goblin to

• Aw, thanks! I really should actually, thought about using Twine or some other IF program to map an outline out somehow..

(And actually it is technically more complex since I didn't mention supporting cast like Aunt May and Harry Osborn, or that the original idea I had involves Peter caught up in a super villain war between Norman's super mad science OSCORP and the blue collar tech villains led by a more formidable version of the Tinkerer. So I probably have enough ideas for two seasons and should try to split them up, lol.)

AChicken posted: »

Damn, dude. You really need to get this stuff on paper! It's good! (Though I will say, that seems like an awful lot of characters for one season to feature.)

• Yes I love Ravenclaw! I was so happy when I went on the Pottermore website and they put me in that house.

Arrhyn posted: »

To be honest, I though the movies were kind of bad until I read Eragon and then rewatch the movie. After Eragon, I can assure you the HP movies aren't that bad, haha! I would totally looooove a HP telltale series as well. Ravenclaw rules.

• I know someone already said this somewhere on the Batman thread but I think a Wonder Woman game would be really cool and it would be cool if TellTale creates their own DC Universe like the DC TellTale Universe or something I think that would be cool.

• I have another idea! How about a Digimon Tri telltale game? The player can control all of the chosen children and decide their.... well decision. Hell! You even can couple Taichi with Sora and Yamato with Mimi if anyone wants!

• But! I do like if they would keep the original names instate of the dub versions. I like those names better.

dragonpim posted: »

I have another idea! How about a Digimon Tri telltale game? The player can control all of the chosen children and decide their.... well decision. Hell! You even can couple Taichi with Sora and Yamato with Mimi if anyone wants!

• edited March 2018

Could Telltale Make A Lego Ninjago Game

I know this is a random question but, I tottaly fell in love with the Lego Ninjago Movie. Do you think Telltale can create a game of it?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.