Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Because the game will be *that much better*.
  • edited June 2008
    Oh, I know it, but I still stand by my Kenan-esque "Whyyyy!?" :p
  • edited June 2008
    Don't go all crazy on us. Remember that your number 1 selling point for episodic gaming is that you actually deliver on time. I trust that you know what you're doing, but hopefully this won't happen too much, or we'll start to get all disillusioned.
  • edited June 2008
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Remember that your number 1 selling point for episodic gaming is that you actually deliver on time.

Well, I think that's more important once the season's underway, that each episode hit the scheduled "air" date. I mean, this is still a delay, and that sucks, but they didn't actually release a complete public schedule for all the episodes yet, nor did they start taking orders, so it's not too bad. If they saw that things were getting tight, it's better to delay the whole series by a month than launch now and risk not being able to deliver on the real dates, or not being able to do so with the level of quality we expect. As the Brothers Chapman suggested, this can only help the games.

I did think it was kinda weird that we hadn't seen a full schedule released yet this close to the supposed launch, unlike with Sam & Max. I guess this is why. Anywho, roll on July!
  • edited June 2008
    That's alright with me. As long as the game is gettin' better!

(Or if Nintendo just feels like pushing it back because the schedule is at their mercy)
  • edited June 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »

*Says like Darth Vader*Nooooooooo!!!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Don't go all crazy on us. Remember that your number 1 selling point for episodic gaming is that you actually deliver on time. I trust that you know what you're doing, but hopefully this won't happen too much, or we'll start to get all disillusioned.

Talk down to people a little more, you'll go places. "Remember," if our biggest strength is that we release on time, that wouldn't be saying much for our games. We're proud that we shipped two seasons of Sam & Max on time, and once we start with SBCG4AP the schedule will hold, but what's most important to us is that we ship good games. We moved the launch of the season (less than a month) to make the game better. I'm sure you'd rather be playing a polished game in July than an unfinished one in June.
  • edited June 2008
    That stinks!!! I know its for a good reason
    but I wish it was in June!!!
  • edited June 2008
    You Better Make This Good, I Want This To Distract Me Till Sam And Max Season 3?!?!?!
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Guess we can't win the "Telltale Games: #1 For Releasing Games on Time" award. It's the biggest disappointment for me since I lost the "Perfect Attendance" award in grammar school.

(Yeah, we'd rather be known for making good games.)
  • edited June 2008
    I don't know about this.
    1. This has happened with many other games. THE WEBSITE WANTS TO TRICK YOU
    2. ALL I SEE IS 2 TITLES AND LIKE 10 BOXES
    edited June 2008
    heavybassX wrote: »
    You Better Make This Good, I Want This To Distract Me Till Sam And Max Season 3?!?!?!

we'd better!
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2008
    Oh, great NOW you tell me! And all this time we've been focused on making a really mediocre game. Well, I guess we'll just have to start over.
    heavybassX wrote: »
  • MelMel
    edited June 2008
    langley wrote: »
    Guess we can't win the "Telltale Games: #1 For Releasing Games on Time" award. It's the biggest disappointment for me since I lost the "Perfect Attendance" award in grammar school.

(Yeah, we'd rather be known for making good games.)

PerfectAwardcopy.jpg

God, it's going to be Duke Nukem Forever... I know it. *sobs* Edit: <---- I'm joking.
    edited June 2008
    Don't panic. This game wont go into infinite delays. It's pretty much finished now, but there are some loose ends that just need to be cleaned up. I know you guys don't want a sloppy game with unfinished features. And I'm sure you guys can respect the need to want to get everything just right. You don't want to play a half-assed game and we don't want to put out anything that will let down our fans. Quality is something worth waiting for, and I assure you that you wont have to wait much longer, but you will appreciate that you did!
  • edited June 2008
    what ever you do, DO NOT go down the SSBB road DELAYED FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS!!!!!!! PLease don't do this.
  • edited June 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    PerfectAwardcopy.jpg

... what the heck
  • edited June 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Don't panic. This game wont go into infinite delays. It's pretty much finished now, but there are some loose ends that just need to be cleaned up.

*Michael Scott voice* That's what VALVE said! */Michael Scott voice*

I keed, of course. I survived the GTAIV delay, so a month is but a pittance.
  • edited June 2008
    It's only a month if you assume the game was originally coming out June 1. Hint: When game developers say "June" or "Q2 2009", they generally don't mean the first day. They mean "Sometime within that timeframe"
    edited June 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    It's only a month if you assume the game was originally coming out June 1. Hint: When game developers say "June" or "Q2 2009", they generally don't mean the first day. They mean "Sometime within that timeframe"

Its only a month if you assume the game was originally coming out June 1 and was moved to July 1. If the game was coming out June 1 and then got moved to July 30th, it would be nearly two months! If it was coming out on June 29th but then moved to July 2nd, it would be under a week! Oh the humanity!
  • edited June 2008
    tabacco wrote: »

I didn't mean "month" as in the general time frame, I meant it as in "next month as opposed to this month". I'm working on a game myself, so I know that dates are a guesstimate at best, even with projects far more professional than mine :p.

By the by, I sense an undertone of frustration in your post. I'm really just pulling your collective legs with the mock horror at the news. :) (As I'm sure most of us are.)
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    A delayed game is eventually good, a bad games is... well, you know the rest.
    God, it's going to be Duke Nukem Forever... I know it. *sobs* Edit: <---- I'm joking.

More like Duke Bad's Cool Game for Attractive Forever!
  • edited June 2008
    I'm glad it's delayed a month. It gives me more time to order a Wii LAN adapter from China.
  • edited June 2008
    PerfectAwardcopy.jpg
    ... what the heck

What, you mean you don't recognise Dame Edna Everage? She's like one of the most famous Australians ever!
  • edited June 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    What, you mean you don't recognise Dame Edna Everage? She's like one of the most famous Australians ever!

Never heard of her,and she/he/it scares the crap outta me.
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    If it was coming out on June 29th but then moved to July 2nd, it would be under a week! Oh the humanity!

If this is in fact a true statement, then I don't mind at all that it was postponed.
  • edited June 2008
    Actually, the reason the game is delayed is because Telltale had the game slated to be released in June... but on the 45th, which they just recently realized doesn't exist. After trying to convince Nintendo to allow the game to be released on the 45th, Telltale admitted defeat and are now releasing the game on a much more realistic July 15th. Therefore, the game will technically be released on the same day as planned, just on a differently named date.
    July 15th made up, do not expect the game on that date. Unless I am awesome. Which I probably am not.
  • edited June 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    Actually, the reason the game is delayed is because Telltale had the game slated to be released in June... but on the 45th, which they just recently realized doesn't exist. After trying to convince Nintendo to allow the game to be released on the 45th, Telltale admitted defeat and are now releasing the game on a much more realistic July 15th. Therefore, the game will technically be released on the same day as planned, just on a differently named date.
    July 15th made up, do not expect the game on that date. Unless I am awesome. Which I probably am not.

Actually, PC and WiiWare versions are released at the same time.July 15 is tuesday,WiiWare always launches on monday.
  • edited June 2008
    Well, I'd rather have a great game later than a rushed game sooner.
    Molokov wrote: »
    Which is pretty funny considering she's fictional.
  • edited June 2008
    :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :(
  • edited June 2008
    I'd be almost tempted to start a thread called 'Delayed until July :)' if I didn't think it'd be baleeted.
  • edited June 2008
    inso wrote: »
    I'd be almost tempted to start a thread called 'Delayed until July :)' if I didn't think it'd be baleeted.
    Lolz.
  • edited June 2008
    Delayed?

How would Strong Bad take this with a game he'd been gearing up to play eh?

I've a wee question though, what if something horrendous happens to me between now and the release date in July? I mean let's say I get hideously disfigured or start passing comment on the youth of today flippantly? What if I pass my 'Attractive People' sell by date. Who do I write a long letter to? Who'll step up and take the blame?

It's never like this over at Videlectrix; when they say 1983 they mean 1983.

Seriously though guys keep it up, we're all psyched about it and can't wait to play.

Hope everything goes well and try to keep Bubs away from anything important if you see him walking about with Homestar's leg.

-m0r
  • edited June 2008
    Well, I stand by Telltale. They want this game out as much as anyone else does.

I don't mind waiting another month. The average human lives about 60 - 70 years, so waiting from June to July shouldn't be too difficult for me.
    what ever you do, DO NOT go down the SSBB road DELAYED FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS!!!!!!! PLease don't do this.

I completly disagree.

YES. PLEASE go down the Super Smash Brothers road, if that's what it takes for this game to live up to expectations.

I actually waited for Smash Brothers. Patiently, attentively, and without a single word of complaint. I feel that everything that I patiently waited for was rewarded when I got it. It was a great game. Quite possibly one of the best ever.

I'm happy I was patient, and more than that, I felt that the game was so great and replayable, that everytime I turn it on to this day, I feel good about the wait. Because I knew why Nintendo was doing it, and decided not to be selfish or unreasonable.

Brawl was worth the wait, and even though it tested the patience of some, and outraged others, we were all in the same boat, and some of us just decided to be mature about it and look at the positive side of the "delay".

The reasoning is this. While I am slightly disappointed as well, I think anyone can wait a month, or even 2 or 3 months longer if they want the best game possible.

Game delays can only be a positive thing. At least it's not canceled. A delay rather than a "cancellation" makes the game that much more complete, that much more better, and that much more full of everything it should contain to have th overall best experience possible when it's ready.

It just ain't ready, yet. Demanding it isn't going to change that, and telling them to "HURRY UP AND DO IT NOW NOW NOW" isn't going to change that, either.

Personally, I really tire of the typical whining, fanboyishness, and eye rolling from a very selfish, self-deluded, self-absorbed and demandingly impatient gaming community that happens everytime a company delays a game to make it BETTER, rather than rush it out the door.

Delays are not the end of the world. There's a good reason for them, but it always irks me when demanding people just want it "now now now" even if it's obviously not finished or ready for release.

If this game needs fixing, or more time to achieve the best and the most of it's great potential, then it is ALWAYS worth it.

Otherwise you'll get "Sonic The Hedgehog 2006". Hoo boy.

An absolutely terrible game full of faults, bugs, die-when-it's-not-your-fault" glitches, terrible gameplay, and complete failure, simply because they rushed it out the door for the Christmas season, even when Sonic fans were already disillusioned with the steady stream of embarrassingly awful 3D Sonic games that were being rushed out the door.

I guarantee that if this game ends up released in any kind of a buggy, unplayable, broken and terrible state that Sonic 2006 was in, i'd be much more disappointed than having to simply wait a month or show some patience.

Note also that the Smash Brothers delays were to add and add to what was a "good" game until it became a "great" game.

And all people had to do was to learn some civility and patience to get the best they could.

If Smash Brothers somehow went for the bare minimum or just shoved the game out there before being completed, it would have been like Sonic 2006. Huge hype, abysmal disappointment, and broken.

I really disagree with the general impatiently and "I WANT IT NOW!" mentality of gamers, these days. It's as if game developers are magical, wish giving genie slaves, that can make everyone's dreams come true with a snap of the fingers.

It is only a small bit of a price to pay for quality. Patience, support, and not flying off the handle or whining when a delay is mentioned.

Delays = benefit.

Not all game developers have the benefit of fine tuning a product so that it's as good as it can be, and being checked over several times to make sure everything is exactly as it should be, and deliver on everything that the creators want the game to be, before shipping it out.

I'm glad that Telltale games, as a publisher has that freedom to make a game be everything they want it to, before release.

If people are truly looking forward to this game, then they can learn some decency or some manners, and exhibit some patience.

Good games take work. If a game needs to be delayed, I absolutely abide by that and support them.

People need to ask themselves... If you were trying to do something, and you have 5000 or more people screaming in your ear "GET IT DONE! GET IT DONE OR I'LL BOYCOT YOU!!", would you appreciate it?

No one likes to be treated like that, when they are trying to get something done for the benefit of the fans, but just need more time to make it as good as it's expected to be.

But too many gamers totally forget that, or forget the whole "Do unto others as they do unto you" rule, and just get self-absorbed, angry, demanding, and feeling like they are entitled to game developers snapping their fingers and making the game come out of thin air.

It doesn't work like that. Telltale deserves respect, and deserves patient gamers and Homestar fans willing to stand back and say "Ok, I understand your situation. I stand by you guys. Take your time, and make it as good as you need to."

Especially when you take into account that out of the average human lifespan of aprox. 60 - 70 years, one month is not that long to wait.

Remember... "Good things come to those who wait", and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People is a good thing.

Therefore SBCG4AP = Worth Waiting For.
  • edited June 2008
    Well, I stand by Telltale. They want this game out as much as anyone else does.

I don't mind waiting another month. The average human lives about 60 - 70 years, so waiting from June to July shouldn't be too difficult for me.

I completly disagree.

YES. PLEASE go down the Super Smash Brothers road, if that's what it takes for this game to live up to expectations.

I actually waited for Smash Brothers. Patiently, attentively, and without a single word of complaint. I feel that everything that I patiently waited for was rewarded when I got it. It was a great game. Quite possibly one of the best ever.

I'm happy I was patient, and more than that, I felt that the game was so great and replayable, that everytime I turn it on to this day, I feel good about the wait. Because I knew why Nintendo was doing it, and decided not to be selfish or unreasonable.

Brawl was worth the wait, and even though it tested the patience of some, and outraged others, we were all in the same boat, and some of us just decided to be mature about it and look at the positive side of the "delay".

The reasoning is this. While I am slightly disappointed as well, I think anyone can wait a month, or even 2 or 3 months longer if they want the best game possible.

Game delays can only be a positive thing. At least it's not canceled. A delay rather than a "cancellation" makes the game that much more complete, that much more better, and that much more full of everything it should contain to have th overall best experience possible when it's ready.

It just ain't ready, yet. Demanding it isn't going to change that, and telling them to "HURRY UP AND DO IT NOW NOW NOW" isn't going to change that, either.

Personally, I really tire of the typical whining, fanboyishness, and eye rolling from a very selfish, self-deluded, self-absorbed and demandingly impatient gaming community that happens everytime a company delays a game to make it BETTER, rather than rush it out the door.

Delays are not the end of the world. There's a good reason for them, but it always irks me when demanding people just want it "now now now" even if it's obviously not finished or ready for release.

If this game needs fixing, or more time to achieve the best and the most of it's great potential, then it is ALWAYS worth it.

Otherwise you'll get "Sonic The Hedgehog 2006". Hoo boy.

An absolutely terrible game full of faults, bugs, die-when-it's-not-your-fault" glitches, terrible gameplay, and complete failure, simply because they rushed it out the door for the Christmas season, even when Sonic fans were already disillusioned with the steady stream of embarrassingly awful 3D Sonic games that were being rushed out the door.

I guarantee that if this game ends up released in any kind of a buggy, unplayable, broken and terrible state that Sonic 2006 was in, i'd be much more disappointed than having to simply wait a month or show some patience.

Note also that the Smash Brothers delays were to add and add to what was a "good" game until it became a "great" game.

And all people had to do was to learn some civility and patience to get the best they could.

If Smash Brothers somehow went for the bare minimum or just shoved the game out there before being completed, it would have been like Sonic 2006. Huge hype, abysmal disappointment, and broken.

I really disagree with the general impatiently and "I WANT IT NOW!" mentality of gamers, these days. It's as if game developers are magical, wish giving genie slaves, that can make everyone's dreams come true with a snap of the fingers.

It is only a small bit of a price to pay for quality. Patience, support, and not flying off the handle or whining when a delay is mentioned.

Delays = benefit.

Not all game developers have the benefit of fine tuning a product so that it's as good as it can be, and being checked over several times to make sure everything is exactly as it should be, and deliver on everything that the creators want the game to be, before shipping it out.

I'm glad that Telltale games, as a publisher has that freedom to make a game be everything they want it to, before release.

If people are truly looking forward to this game, then they can learn some decency or some manners, and exhibit some patience.

Good games take work. If a game needs to be delayed, I absolutely abide by that and support them.

People need to ask themselves... If you were trying to do something, and you have 5000 or more people screaming in your ear "GET IT DONE! GET IT DONE OR I'LL BOYCOT YOU!!", would you appreciate it?

No one likes to be treated like that, when they are trying to get something done for the benefit of the fans, but just need more time to make it as good as it's expected to be.

But too many gamers totally forget that, or forget the whole "Do unto others as they do unto you" rule, and just get self-absorbed, angry, demanding, and feeling like they are entitled to game developers snapping their fingers and making the game come out of thin air.

It doesn't work like that. Telltale deserves respect, and deserves patient gamers and Homestar fans willing to stand back and say "Ok, I understand your situation. I stand by you guys. Take your time, and make it as good as you need to."

Especially when you take into account that out of the average human lifespan of aprox. 60 - 70 years, one month is not that long to wait.

Remember... "Good things come to those who wait", and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People is a good thing.

Therefore SBCG4AP = Worth Waiting For.

Sorry, I was miles away. Could you repeat that?

But yeah. Good thing. The only time it's bad is when a project gets overcooked and you start to get stuff added in for the sake of it. But I don't see that happening here.
  • edited June 2008
    Sonic Next Gen, So many glitches, you probably couldn't count them!
  • edited June 2008
    (not quoting long post to save space)

True, delays in general are (at least in theory) good. However, there is an point where it becomes excessive. I think 6 months for a game like this could be considered excessive, since that would mean #1 would come out after the last one was originally supposed to come out (assuming a 1-month break between each episode). However, one month (which may or may not be a full month), is certainly understandable, especially considering we've only known about the game's existence for a month or two.

That also doesn't mean we can't be bummed. I agree that people who say "I want it now! You shouldn't have delayed it!" are being impatient, but I think it's alright to say "I wish I was playing it now." I definitely wish I could be playing in the next couple weeks, but I'm not gonna complain to Telltale about it.

Although I think we can all agree that if Episode 1 gets delayed as much as Zelda: Twilight Princess (a year and a half), we have a good reason to riot.
    edited June 2008

...Although I think we can all agree that if Episode 1 gets delayed as much as Zelda: Twilight Princess (a year and a half), we have a good reason to riot.

If it gets delayed that long I'll join the riot with ya!
  • edited June 2008
    I don't mind, it now means I can get the game as a birthday present. ;)
  • edited June 2008
    Just make sure you have your friends' codes registered!

Because some people can't stand doing that.

Juhsayngul can't stand doing that.
This discussion has been closed.