Comments

• edited August 2008
    And today's games are:
    Wild West Guns
    Sonic The Hedgehog™
    SPLATTERHOUSE™ 2

BOO!
  • edited August 2008
    AWESOME!SPLATTERHOUSE!That game was great!I'm getting that for sure.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm not even that ticked off about Strong Bad not being there, as Telltale's release dates have been pretty speculative and most of us were still assuming it wouldn't be out today. Ys had an exact date though http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/title/ys.html

So all in all, no mega man, no samurai showdown 2, no Ys, and these were all officially confirmed for today. Ys on Hudson's virtual console site(above), SS2 in an official press release from SNK, and mega man on an official capcom blog. Not to mention no Strong Bad.

What's going on at Nintendo?! :( I'm starting to wonder if they even tell companies when their own games are coming out.
  • edited August 2008
    So all in all, no mega man, no samurai showdown 2, no Ys, and these were all officially confirmed for today.

Ok, Nintendo has ....ed me off.I wanted to play Ys, and nintendo screwed everyone's chances of playing it, as well as mine.One more week, and the games will undoubtly be out, pushing back the unnkown release date of SBCG4AP.Well, at least later I can get Splatter House 2.
  • edited August 2008
    *sigh* Another Pointless Wii Ware Game, Megaman 9 and SBCG4AP are the only new ones that are actually gonna be good.
  • edited August 2008
    does it come out today?!?!?! TELL ME!!!!! HAHAHAHAWEHEHHAHA!!!:D:D:D *asylum door closes with a loud slam*
  • edited August 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    I'm just wondering when you submit it to Nintendo, do they send it to ERSB and PEGI, to give the age rating?

Actually, the rating of the first episode has already been done by TTG (T from ERSB, 12+ from PEGI), so I doubt that Nintendo will submit again. It probably has more to do with making sure it is up to their standards (file size, content, code compliance, works properly with hardware, etc.).
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    wbwolf wrote: »
    Actually, the rating of the first episode has already been done by TTG (T from ERSB, 12+ from PEGI), so I doubt that Nintendo will submit again. It probably has more to do with making sure it is up to their standards (file size, content, code compliance, works properly with hardware, etc.).

Correct :)
  • edited August 2008
    okay okay people i was really just being sarcastic about the whole killing and crying thing . im one of the biggest h*r fans and i get dissapointed b telltale every week. not that i hate them its just i've just been waiting too long i really want that game and i for sure thought it was coming out today.
    and if you thought i was going to kill myself im not its just a joke and im not even emo so back off about that
  • edited August 2008
    Back off!Back off!Now only one person is going to/already has kill(ed) there self!
  • edited August 2008
    I mean, do we really need another Wild West game? Hontestly.
  • edited August 2008
    Generic Theme Games VS. SBCG4AP, guess who Nintendo is betting is better?
  • edited August 2008
    Okay guys, this is Nintendo's Official Opinion on the release:

"Launch Date: Coming Very Soon!"

Courtesy of: Nintendo Channel

I was disappointed by the video though... couldn't you guys have made an awesome one that nobody had seen yet?
  • edited August 2008
    Dude...you posted that three times.
  • edited August 2008
    Cool.
  • edited August 2008
    Hey, nobody fussed at BadStrong when he made an important post 3 times.... oh, an important post, i get it now xD
  • edited August 2008
    Still, this is unusual. I think Nintendo posting the SBCG4AP trailer is the first time they have released a trailer for an upcoming WiiWare game, rather than one that is out the same day. It does look like a release on the 11th is more and more plausible.

Maybe those in Europe will get it first (like what happened with Wild West Guns). Those lucky Europeans. (Unless they are like Jurgen, then ew! ew!)
  • edited August 2008
    *Sigh* Nintendo just doesn't get how popular Strong Bad is...
  • edited August 2008
    wbwolf wrote: »
    Still, this is unusual. I think Nintendo posting the SBCG4AP trailer is the first time they have released a trailer for an upcoming WiiWare game, rather than one that is out the same day. It does look like a release on the 11th is more and more plausible.

Maybe those in Europe will get it first (like what happened with Wild West Guns). Those lucky Europeans. (Unless they are like Jurgen, then ew! ew!)

I'm sure Telltale told Nintendo the importance of a simultaneous release, and I believe TTG will be the first company to have their game also out on another system at the same time as its WiiWare counterpart, instead of before (like so many). Because of that, nobody will get it first except the very first person to download it.
    You are right about the early trailers though, the only other time they have done that was the first 5 WiiWare released in the US and the week the Nintendo Channel debuted.
  • edited August 2008
    Also, another lucky thing about Europeans is that they already have Megaman 1 & 2, what do we have? None.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    If it was coming out today we would have made a big splashy announcement sometime last week with the date and stuff :)

got it.....

so.............

do yall have a big splashy announcement for us this week?
  • edited August 2008
    Where my game is at?
  • edited August 2008
    iandaemon wrote: »
    Where my game is at?

[iandaemon] everyone else

Please step out of your box, and read the last 2 pages or so of this thread.
  • edited August 2008
    Why is it people make up their own release date in their mind and get dissapointed when it doesn't come out then?

Seriouisly, TTG isn't going to just release it and say "Hey...we released it. Go get it."

Once they know, they're gonna start doing backflips around their office and post a message reading out
    HOLY CRAP, WE FIGURED OUT THE RELEASE DATE! and release it...on that date. Otherwise, don't expect it to come out on that day.

Okay, maybe the backflips and the message was a strech. But, I stand by it!
  • edited August 2008
    Well, at least it has to come out soon. I'm pretty sure no other WiiWare game has had an info video before it came out, so the 11th is looking more and more likey...
  • edited August 2008
    Well, at least it has to come out soon. I'm pretty sure no other WiiWare game has had an info video before it came out, so the 11th is looking more and more likey...

Unfortunately it is also looking less and less likely as well. I saw it myself, Jake promised a flashy and extravagant update that announced the release day at least 1 week before the day.
  • edited August 2008
    ....Can you give me a link?
  • edited August 2008
    ....Can you give me a link?

Once i find it in these forums, and if nobody beats me to it.
  • edited August 2008
    ok.
  • edited August 2008
    He never said that there would be a whole 7 days between the announcement and the release. All he said is that they would have made the announcement last week.
  • edited August 2008
    He never said that there would be a whole 7 days between the announcement and the release. All he said is that they would have made the announcement last week.

The fact he said the word week probably meant a whole 7 days. If it was less he would have said "a few days ago".
  • edited August 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    The fact he said the word week probably meant a whole 7 days. If it was less he would have said "a few days ago".

Well, we'll see about that. By the 11th, we'll know if it come out on the 11th.
    I'm getting off the computer now. Make sure that one guy doesn't get the 1000th post.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, we'll see about that. By the 11th, we'll know if it come out on the 11th.
    I'm getting off the computer now. Make sure that one guy doesn't get the 1000th post.

Don't think we could stop MoFaJo from posting then if we tried, he would just have the luck of being on at the right time.
  • edited August 2008
    Because getting the 1000th post matters so much.
  • edited August 2008
    It does to spammers.

He's not on, so that's a plus. =\
  • edited August 2008
    In the interests of helping newcomers find information and also preventing the inevitable junk surrounding post 1000, I'm closing this thread. I've started a new one for discussion of release dates.
This discussion has been closed.