Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Thnikkaman wrote: »
    Look!!! 40 posts to 1000!!!

i think you got your math wrong its 78 posts to 1000!!!:rolleyes:
  • edited August 2008
    I had a dream Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People came out. Then I woke up and have been depressed all day.
  • edited August 2008
    Voth wrote: »
    I had a dream Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People came out. Then I woke up and have been depressed all day.

Have an upper, the game is done and waiting to be released. No need for depression.
  • edited August 2008
    woot, now I don't feel as worried
  • edited August 2008
    I once had a SBCG4Ap dream... I was depressed as well....

It was so Lucid too!
  • edited August 2008
    I Cant Wait AnyLonger Where The **** Is SBCG4AP I Want It On WiiWare Now Where Is It
  • edited August 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    I Cant Wait AnyLonger Where The **** Is SBCG4AP I Want It On WiiWare Now Where Is It

Nice.
  • edited August 2008
    I Cant Wait AnyLonger Where The F*** Is SBCG4AP I Want It On WiiWare Now Where Is It

2 answers.

1) That language is potentially offensive and TTG is a family company... as far as I know.

2) We all hope Aug. 11th, but nobody knows, not even Telltale.
  • edited August 2008
    Cr8g wrote: »
    i hate to break it to you but an inside source ( a couple of video game website)
    says it's on the fourth of august . unless a developer wants to prove me wrong.

Smart people don't need wise words... It's the stupid people that need wise words.

heh. have you not been around for the whole IGN debacle?
  • edited August 2008
    Go for the 11th! If a TellTale guy put a vote for the 11th, it must come out then...
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Nice.

*trys to hold laughter* PUHAHAHA sorry :p
  • edited August 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    2 answers.

1) That language is potentially offensive and TTG is a family company... as far as I know.

2) We all hope Aug. 11th, but nobody knows, not even Telltale.

One more.
    1) It's annoying when you capitalize every word.It's like a smaller version of ALL CAPS.
  • edited August 2008
    How the hell can you keep up a schedule now TT?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    How the hell can you keep up a schedule now TT?

We've been working on far more than just episode one at this point. We'll begin recording of Episode 4 in the near future, for instance.
  • edited August 2008

Just, so you know, I know this guy from another forum. He acts like this all the time.
    He usually ends up getting banned for spam. Just a heads up. :o
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    We've been working on far more than just episode one at this point. We'll begin recording of Episode 4 in the near future, for instance.

Oh, OK.

But, is the reason that Ep1 is taking so long because of Nintendo, or you?
  • edited August 2008
    Oh, OK.

Nintendo, but it isn't a development problem, just a finalization of license problem which isn't a problem at all. Nintendo doesn't trust 3rd party so much, so they tend to take longer on those games to make sure they are extra good and can be part of Nintendo business transactions. If only they had spent more time on Super Paper Mario......
    edited August 2008
    Oh, OK.

InfamousDS is exaggerating here for the sake of drama, but that's okay.

The game is currently going through Nintendo's submission/certification process -- a process which every single game released on a Nintendo platform must go through. Sony and Microsoft have similar procedures for games before they are released on Playstation or Xbox systems as well. It's the final step before release, and is entirely par for the course.

Emily explained it a few pages back, as well.
  • edited August 2008
    InfamousDS is exaggerating here for the sake of drama, but that's okay.

Not for drama, that is what I legitimately thought.... Read it in a GameInformer that Nintendo prefers 1st party games and hardware and takes slightly longer to license and release 3rd party items. It was the complaint of a game company in an interview about WiiWare. I think it was May issue, back when this was first announced and WiiWare was new.
  • edited August 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    He usually ends up getting banned for spam. Just a heads up. :o
    It Is Not Cool Not Coming In July
    It Never coming out

I can see why.
    edited August 2008
    Not for drama, that is what I legitimately thought.... Read it in a GameInformer that Nintendo prefers 1st party games and hardware and takes slightly longer to license and release 3rd party items. It was the complaint of a game company in an interview about WiiWare. I think it was May issue, back when this was first announced and WiiWare was new.

Sorry, that's fair enough. I'm sure Nintendo will bend the rules a bit more for their own internal products, but that's nothing to be surprised or scandalized by is all.
  • edited August 2008
    hello everyone they do have the story of the second sb its about how the king of town puts taxes on email and of course sb tries to stop it
  • edited August 2008
    MoFaJo wrote: »
    hello everyone they do have the story of the second sb its about how the king of town puts taxes on email and of course sb tries to stop it

Number A, There's already a thread about it.
    And 2,Please, don't post the same thing in more than 1 thread.
  • edited August 2008
    Number A, There's already a thread about it.
    And 2,Please, don't post the same thing in more than 1 thread.
    oh im srry about posting twice on more than one thread in fact i just wanted to post on the other one but i messed up and did it on this one.
  • edited August 2008
    I had read that Nintendo was extra-picky when it comes to third party games. To ensure high-quality. I assume, though Nintendo's relative lacking in the third party area may show the dark side to Nintendo's process.

Not that Nintendo gives a care about what other company's are doing.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a 11th release, but 18th seems well within the realms of possibility. Actually, the end of the month seems totally possible, just way suckier. More Sucky? Suck-ier? being with suck? I don't know.

So... Let's just keep speculating wildly. I'm gonna say Elvis is involved here somehow.
  • edited August 2008
    This only makes sense. I can't imagine that their submission process wouldn't be shorter for games made by themselves.
  • edited August 2008
    Could the Teen rating be the cause of the slow submission process?
  • edited August 2008
    Welp,

Where I am it is 12:31 in the morning.

it is officialy moday.

any chances of it coming out today?

not trying to whine just wanted to know.
  • edited August 2008
    Blerg-30-rock-1152868_625_350.jpg
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Blerg-30-rock-1152868_625_350.jpg

I don't get it.........
  • edited August 2008
    it's a joke Nick
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    it's a joke Nick

okay...............................

so what's the joke????????
  • edited August 2008
    BigNick wrote: »
    okay...............................

so what's the joke????????
    Boxes. Boxes is the joke.
    edited August 2008
    If it was coming out today we would have made a big splashy announcement sometime last week with the date and stuff :)
  • edited August 2008
    I like how the boxes are called "blerg". Sounds like something like you say when you think something's pathetic, or maybe it's the Swedish Shambling Corporate Presence?
  • edited August 2008
    is that blerg from Njorksbild?
  • edited August 2008
    If it was coming out today we would have made a big splashy announcement sometime last week with the date and stuff :)

Ahhh, I was expecting to wake up today and see on Homestar Runner that it is finally here :(.
  • edited August 2008

Can we expect a big splashy announcement sometime this week? :D
  • edited August 2008
    I'm just wondering when you submit it to Nintendo, do they send it to ERSB and PEGI, to give the age rating?
  • edited August 2008
    I think any game company would need to submit their own games to things like those. Maybe Nintendo would do that for 'em, but since any game NOT up for download would 95%(?) need to get it rated themselves, I don't really think Nintendoid would do it for WiiWare titles.
This discussion has been closed.