Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    You forgot 4:

NINTENDO ISN'T EVEN IN THE TOP 10 BEST GAMING COMPANIES.

And yeah. The "Virus Protection" is true for any console ever. It's not a special property of Nintendo systems, Nintendo systems aren't more "protected against viruses" than XBOXes, PS3s, or Dreamcasts.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Wii browser is set up in such a way as to not allow anything to really mess with the Wii. But if the weakest link WAS the browser, then I suppose Nintendo would have worse "virus protection" than the 360? ;)

Also:

WTH. Telltale isn't going to hack your stupid computer.
  • edited July 2008
    Please let's not have a Nintendo hate/love war. We are all on edge because of the extended release and anyway it's hard enough to keep a thread this large on-topic.
  • edited July 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    Please let's not have a Nintendo hate/love war. We are all on edge because of the extended release and anyway it's hard enough to keep a thread this large on-topic.
    duh we aint gonna keep it on topic but i want to be the 1000 post :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    MoFaJo, stop spamming please.
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    MoFaJo, stop spamming please.
    op oops ive been caught ok im srry emily
    edited July 2008
    It's okay, just don't do it anymore. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    ok ill try not to
  • edited July 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    That wasn't the question, he was asking about an update, not how many episodes will be released. What he wants is concrete information that hasn't been wrote down yet, and only TTG can answer his question.

Right. Again, I'm not asking for the specific release day, I was asking if we should expect a concrete release date to be reported by the Telltale team. Or will the game be released whenever, without warning?
  • edited July 2008
    They've always said "We'll announce a release date when we have one to announce", but I suppose that doesn't mean the release date won't happen without them being notified a good week earlier?
  • edited July 2008
    yeah so really no one for sure knows when itll be out
    edited July 2008
    I was asking if we should expect a concrete release date to be reported by the Telltale team.

Our plan has always been to announce a date in advance of the release.
  • this thread is somewhat useless... No one knowns when it's gonna be, we only know it's either the 4th of 15th of august.

Might as well rename this thread "The Rubbish Bin" and stick it at the bottom of the forums. ^_^
  • edited July 2008
    I vote to close this thread, because it's all about people rambling on about they want the game now, or people just spamming, or even people say that thy're giving up!!
  • edited July 2008
    If they didn't ramble here, they'd make new threads about it.

It's best that this exists until the game comes out.
  • edited July 2008
    Two things:

1.Would you rather have one thread of spam that you can simply ignore or 8000 threads of spam in the actual forum?

2.Does anyone notice that a tag for this forum is "when a man loves a llama"?!
  • Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Two things:

1.Would you rather have one thread of spam that you can simply ignore or 8000 threads of spam in the actual forum?

2.Does anyone notice that a tag for this forum is "when a man loves a llama"?!
    hmm... good point, Tandy.

and Yeah, I did notice that tag.... >_>
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Our plan has always been to announce a date in advance of the release.

Thanks Emily. I'm buying you a pizza! :)
  • edited July 2008
    ...No one knowns when it's gonna be, we only know it's either the 4th of 15th of august...

How can we know if no one knows?

How, pray tell, do you know it's going to be the 4th or 15th of August?
  • edited July 2008
    We don't even know that it's the 4th or 15th! It could be the 22nd or the 29th! Or September...
  • edited July 2008
    no
    4th
    11th
    18th
    25th
  • edited July 2008
    1st.

8th.

15th.
  • edited July 2008
    You forgot 4:

And yeah. The "Virus Protection" is true for any console ever. It's not a special property of Nintendo systems, Nintendo systems aren't more "protected against viruses" than XBOXes, PS3s, or Dreamcasts.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Wii browser is set up in such a way as to not allow anything to really mess with the Wii. But if the weakest link WAS the browser, then I suppose Nintendo would have worse "virus protection" than the 360? ;)

Also:

WTH. Telltale isn't going to hack your stupid computer.

Saying that Nintendo sucks is an opinion.So don't go thinking just cause you don't like nintendo, it's a fact.Hell, in my opinion, Nintendo kicks ass.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey Emily, do you have any idea about what the release date may be? I know the real thing hasn't been announced yet, but what's most likely?
  • edited July 2008
    Hey Emily, do you have any idea about what the release date may be? I know the real thing hasn't been announced yet, but what's most likely?

I'm not Emily but I'll pretend to be her if it puts your mind at ease. ;)

This question has been asked over and over and the answer is still the same... They're still working with Nintendo over a release date, and as soon as they know, they'll tell us as loudly as they possibly can with text (and for some reason I can picture it as 72 point capitalized text flashing many horrible colours).
  • edited July 2008
    Saying that Nintendo sucks is an opinion.So don't go thinking just cause you don't like nintendo, it's a fact.Hell, in my opinion, Nintendo kicks ass.

No, see, there's a factual list of "best video game companies" that everyone has to agree with. And it is as follows, in order from best to least-best:

1. Videlectrix
    2. Telltale
    3. Bethesda
    4. Bioware
    5. SEGA
    6. Infocom
    7. Funcom
    8. Rare
    9. Harmonix
    10. Capcom
  • edited July 2008
    No, see, there's a factual list of "best video game companies" that everyone has to agree with. And it is as follows, in order from best to least-best:

1. Videlectrix
    2. Telltale
    3. Bethesda
    4. Bioware
    5. SEGA
    6. Infocom
    7. Funcom
    8. Rare
    9. Harmonix
    10. Capcom

You realize that Infocom is nonexistent and had been absorbed by Activision after they released the awesome Return to Zork, right?
  • edited July 2008

1. Videlectrix
    2. Telltale
    3. Bethesda
    4. Bioware
    5. SEGA
    6. Infocom
    7. Funcom
    8. Rare
    9. Harmonix
    10. Capcom

Unfortunetley, SEGA stopped being awesome about 10 years ago. Never played a Bethesda game (none that interest me), I loved Rare when they worked with Nintendo, but I can only think of one thing whenever I see a trailer for Banjo-Kazooie 3. Barf! I loved Infocom's Hitchhiker's guide, never played funcom, I've only played a few Harmonix games, and Capcom rocks! Which brings us to Telltale. My first game I'll play by them is Sam and Max Wii.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not Emily but I'll pretend to be her if it puts your mind at ease.

This question has been asked over and over and the answer is still the same... They're still working with Nintendo over a release date, and as soon as they know, they'll tell us as loudly as they possibly can with text (and for some reason I can picture it as 72 point capitalized text flashing many horrible colours).

I know it's not known even to them yet, I just wanted to know what she thinks the final answer will be.
  • edited July 2008
    No, see, there's a "factual" list of best video game companies that everyone has to agree with. And it is as follows, in order from best to least-best:

1. Videlectrix
    2. Telltale
    3. Bethesda(whats that a disease )
    4. Bioware (the cure for bethesda )
    5. SEGA
    6. Info.com (sounds like wikipedia's new website )
    7. Fun.com (wwwwhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
    8. Rare (mmmmmmmmmmmmm,steak )
    9. Harmonix
    10. Capcom (i guess assasins dontwork)

corrected quote and added comments:rolleyes:;):p:o:D:):o:rolleyes:;):p:):p;):rolleyes::o:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::p:):o:rolleyes:;):p:):confused:
  • edited July 2008
    happy page 40th, everybody!! 40 pages of consistent ramblings!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    Thnikkaman wrote: »
    happy page 40th, everybody!! 40 pages of consistent ramblings!!!!!

Let's all go for 50!!!

Grabbadabbaschlooshysloo......sports...team?
  • edited July 2008

1. Videlectrix
    2. Telltale
    3. Bethesda
    4. Bioware
    5. SEGA
    6. Infocom
    7. Funcom
    8. Rare
    9. Harmonix
    10. Capcom
    You know what all those companies have in common, even Telltale?
    None of them re-established console gaming as a legitimate market.
    No matter what you think of them now, the fact of the matter is that most of the companies you listed wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Nintendo.
  • edited July 2008
    corrected quote and added comments:rolleyes:;):p:o:D:):o:rolleyes:;):p:):p;):rolleyes::o:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::p:):o:rolleyes:;):p:):confused:

overuse of emoticons = underuse of intelligence

Everybody, let's not turn this into a debate about video game companies, that's what general chat is for. Let's get back on subject... which is?
  • edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    No matter what you think of them now, the fact of the matter is that most of the companies you listed wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Nintendo.

I really highly doubt this.

Further, there was never a gaming crash. People had their PCs, people had arcades, the Commodore 64 was just as popular as any game system at the time.

Atari died. A bunch of companies pulled out of gaming because the arcades and the computers were the major market. The fact of the matter is, there was no crash. And it was just inevitable that, eventually, SOMEBODY was going to go and make a system that hooked up to your television set. Nintendo just happened to be the one to come along and decide they could do it.

But it was a given, it was a forgone conclusion.
  • edited July 2008
    1. Videlectrix
    2. Telltale
    3. Bethesda
    4. Bioware
    5. SEGA
    6. Infocom
    7. Funcom
    8. Rare
    9. Harmonix
    10. Capcom
    Good list. I can't say I agree with Funcom though. Longest Journey/Dreamfall were great and all but Anarchy Online was pretty much a disaster... and from what I've heard, while they added some interesting gameplay elements, Age of Conan was also released incomplete and full of bugs. …I won't even get into their botched handling of the Dreamfall: LE online orders.

I hope that's sarcasim. I find it humorously ironic that your forum name is "stronggamer" and you apparently don't recognize huge, modern developers like Bethesda or incredible "cornerstone" game companies like Infocom (extra points to those who get the pun).
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    While I admit I've lost quite a bit of respect for Nintendo after the SNES and the unending barrage of unoriginal Mario/Zelda/Metroid games... I still respect them; especially during that era. But you are giving them too much credit. The truth is, Nintendo had good timing. The PC craze started to slow a bit and the overwhelming amount of bad game companies were finally starting to back out of the industry. If it wasn't the NES that brought back video gaming, it would probably have been the Atari 7800 (eventually). ...though it may have taken more time for companies to risk the market.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    The tags for this thread are truly great.
  • edited July 2008
    You forgot 4:

Go on, what are the top 10 gaming companies then? It's called OPINION.
  • edited July 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    Go on, what are the top 10 gaming companies then? It's called OPINION.

I think I've made the indisputable facts of the matter quite clear in a post a bit later in the thread. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Whoops sorry, but um, I guess you have a taste for... cheezy retro games.
  • edited July 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    Whoops sorry, but um, I guess you have a taste for... cheezy retro games.

Well, Capcom is mostly up there for recent things like Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Zack and Wiki, and Phoenix Wright.

Morrowind isn't quite old enough to be retro, I don't think.

And Guitar Hero and Rock Band aren't exactly retro.

Telltale is a relatively new company, their games can't really be called retro either.

...but other than that, well. Yeah. Pretty much. =p

EDIT: I suppose you can toss KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect from Bioware into the "not retro" pile. I like their old stuff too, don't get me wrong, but I love these new games as well.
This discussion has been closed.