Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Tellyn wrote: »
    No, when you download it it's already compressed. It's just a normal download. Since it'll be under 40MB, going by other titles the download won't take long.

oh, great! so when will it come out?
  • edited July 2008
    I have dial-up so it'll take like 7-8 hours for me. :(
  • edited July 2008
    oh :( well maybe you'll get wireless on the day SBCG4AP comes out :D
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    I have dial-up so it'll take like 7-8 hours for me. :(

Time to start moving the wii around until it picks up an unsecured wireless connection. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Who thinks it will come out the 4th? ( I put my thread here to save the trouble of it being moved )
  • edited July 2008
    GENERICGUY wrote: »
    Who thinks it will come out the 4th? ( I put my thread here to save the trouble of it being moved )

Thanks for posting in here, it probably does save them the headache of moving another thread.

It might, but I have the feeling TTG will know a full week beforehand. I have a feeling not only is Nintendo checking the material for appropriateness, but are also looking for a good release date that wont conflict with other titles. They don't seem to want to launch two big titles on the same day.

My guess is either the 11th or the 18th... both bad for me, as I will be out of the country those two weeks and will have to wait til the 25th anyway. Therefore, I would love for it to come out on the 4th.
  • I really think it's the 4th. I mean, so much speculation was over the 28th of July, so it just seems like a good guesstemite that it'll arrive then. =/
  • edited July 2008
    If we keep talking about it being out on the 4th we'll be really be disappointed if it doesn't
  • edited July 2008
    so is anyone on?
  • MoFaJo wrote: »
    so is anyone on?
    I am... *feels alone*
  • edited July 2008
    lol hi i guess we can just wait around all day and complain about it not being out.
  • edited July 2008
    MoFaJo wrote: »
    lol hi i guess we can just wait around all day and complain about it not being out.

That's A Chimendez waste of time. You have something better to do, don't you?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    That is unless there is another delay. I vote a release of July 31.

...20x6.

fixed.
  • edited July 2008
    20X6?
    Fixed? EH??!!
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    fixed.

So the title's going to be changed to Stinkoman's Cool Challenge For Super-Awesome People?
  • edited July 2008
    oh no, please no Stinkoman! no no no!
  • edited July 2008
    I'm so relieved I have a wii that has good internet connection.My crappy computer could obviously not take all the awesomeness of this game!
  • edited July 2008
    of course! you see Strong Bad is already awesome but his awesome game will make your computer explode in total awesomeness while your computer screams
    IT WAS WORTH IT!!!
  • edited July 2008
    well dr.zoidberg have your money ready for august 4th
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    of course! You see strong bad is already awesome but his awesome game will make your computer explode in total awesomeness while your computer screams
    it was worth it!!!

heck yeah:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • edited July 2008
    homoon wrote: »
    well dr.zoidberg have your money ready for august 4th

August 4th say it with me everyone August 4th, August 4th
  • edited July 2008
    Aug 4!aug 4!
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    August 4th say it with me everyone August 4th, August 4th

august 4th august 4th august 4th :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
  • edited July 2008
    Krodge wrote: »
    Time to start moving the wii around until it picks up an unsecured wireless connection. ;)

I have no Wii.
  • edited July 2008
    I have no Wii.

then get it for pc
  • edited July 2008
    Durr. If ah wants tha games I's gonna have ta gyet it on the pee-cee.

Ugh.
  • edited July 2008
    I have no Wii.

i feel for you man... i had no Wii in May, oh wait yes i did i got it in May
    but i feel your pain man :(
  • edited July 2008
    I don't really want a Wii. In fact I really hate Nintendo products, except for NES and SNES. The only reason I would EVER get a Wii is for Strong Bad.
  • edited July 2008
    and Sam & Max and Wallace & Gromit
  • edited July 2008
    Not really for S&M, and we don't even know if W&G is even going to be on the Wii.
  • edited July 2008
    well lets hope w&g is for Wii
    (that would be so awsome)
  • edited July 2008
    I would actually prefer this stuff on the PC. Easier, more fun, more advantages.
  • edited July 2008
    well true but theres less chance of gettin virisus on the wii
  • edited July 2008
    Not really. Anything with a hard drive or any computer processors can get a virus.

And I hardly think Telltale is going to put a virus in their games.
  • edited July 2008
    yeah but there could be a hacker plus on the wii ur getting the best virus protection from the greatest gaming company in the world.
  • edited July 2008
    Here's a question that's likely been asked, but I'm not sure it's been phrased this way.

Do you (Telltale) know if the next SBCG4AP update will consist of a solid release date for the game (a specific day, August 4th for example) or the release of the game itself? Thanks! :)

Changing the subject to something more awesome...I hope The Cheat's role in the game isn't limited to a background item for Strong Bad to kick around. I'd love to see the two of them eventually pull a caper of some sort. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Nuroticat wrote: »
    Here's a question that's likely been asked, but I'm not sure it's been phrased this way.

Do you (Telltale) know if the next SBCG4AP update will consist of a solid release date for the game (a specific day, August 4th for example) or the release of the game itself? Thanks! :)

Changing the subject to something more awesome...I hope The Cheat's role in the game isn't limited to a background item for Strong Bad to kick around. I'd love to see the two of them eventually pull a caper of some sort. ;)

the game will be released in episodes (five to be exact
  • edited July 2008
    the game will be released in episodes (five to be exact

That wasn't the question, he was asking about an update, not how many episodes will be released. What he wants is concrete information that hasn't been wrote down yet, and only TTG can answer his question.
  • edited July 2008
    yeah but there could be a hacker plus on the wii ur getting the best virus protection from the greatest gaming company in the world.
    1. HACKING DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.
    2. The Wii doesn't have virus protection. It's just that there's
    a. no real reason to code a Wii virus
    b. no easy way to code a Wii virus because it uses proprietary software to run things that is not very easily hacked
    c. no real way to get a virus on the Wii without the use of an SD card (or the Internet channel, but who really uses that for anything other than watching videos on the TV?)
    3. HACKING DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.
  • edited July 2008
    exactly thats my point the wii wont evr be hacked by anyone the pc on the other hand.....
This discussion has been closed.