Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    I love it when people sign up just to be mean!

I love it when people who are paid to do a job manage to find new ways to fail and delay themselves into obscurity. I bet you're already learning how to program in Windows Mobile so you can get a jump on the Blackberry game design market.
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Well, since the new devblog is about dealing with the ESRB, it looks like it might be a clue as to why the game got delayed. The ESRB probably said that if Telltale doesn't implement a long list of required changes, they'll have to invent an all-new 'Frowny-Face' rating just for this game!

frownyfaceff0.png

Why do you keep coming back to that? There's no reason this game should get an M rating, let alone anything high enough to require changes. Telltale probably just delayed it to put finishing touches on it so it's as good as it can be before release.
  • edited July 2008
    I all seriousness though I am rather curious as to why telltale is being so tight lipped about release dates, pricing and the development process. In reality this is a game that doesn't require any major coding, as the engine for the PC version is looking the same as the engine Sam and Max uses, and developing games for the Wii really isn't effort intensive either. So in reality I bet the hold up is the brothers chaps have had some problems with the quality (or lack of) in the game because lets face it, its not like adventure game development is on par with the rest of the industry in terms of time and effort needed.
  • edited July 2008
    Now that's some professional forum trolling :)
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Nice. I like how you threw about 6 wild assumptions in there and blended the insults so smoothly. Well played.

OK, then please educate me on to what I am wrong about, because I'm really curious as to what the problem is in releasing a game on time thats nothing more than a re-skin of a series you've been regurgitating for the past 2 years.
  • edited July 2008
    sweet edit
  • edited July 2008
    manni17b wrote: »
    sweet edit

Thanks! I thought so.
  • edited July 2008
    OK, then please educate me on to what I am wrong about, because I'm really curious as to what the problem is in releasing a game on time thats nothing more than a re-skin of a series you've been regurgitating for the past 2 years.
    How long do you plan to go on with this?
    Because we're more than capable of ignoring you.

/Very much aware of the irony
  • edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    How long do you plan to go on with this?
    Because we're more than capable of ignoring you.

/Very much aware of the irony

So can I add you in with the list of people who ignore the obvious, like holocaust deniers and Ron Raul supporters?
  • edited July 2008
    Okay, that's about enough of that. Back on topic please.
  • edited July 2008
    When they delayed Superman for its controls, its controls still sucked.
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Okay, that's about enough of that. Back on topic please.
    okay, i'll get right to it. the topic is: delayed until july. can you even call this a delay, since there was no fixed release date in the first place?
    When they delayed Superman for its controls, its controls still sucked.
    but, you can never know how much it might have sucked without the delay...maybe it would have sucked black-hole-style.
  • edited July 2008
    It would not surprise me if we did not got any release date announcement at all...

I can see it now, all of a sudden someone comes online and says the game will be released the following afternoon...
  • edited July 2008
    I can only think of the future: coming out july 28. It would most likley be the best answer that gives it about 2 weeks: 1 for finishing, the other for submitting.
  • edited July 2008
    The game is coming out on Blaptember 45th, 2032
  • edited July 2008
    Well, the last dev blog was about the ESRB ratings board. So, it's apparently done and just jumping through the hoops of publishing.

So I'd give it two weeks tops. But that's just my guesstimate. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    I'm gonna guess that it comes out Monday.
    'Cause I want it to, that's why!
  • edited July 2008
    I'm gonna guess that it comes out Monday.
    'Cause I want it to, that's why!

Well, I just read earlier that "Major League Eating" is supposed to come out Monday, and I think another WiiWare game was announced for Monday as well. I don't think they've released three games in one week before (besides launch week), so unfortunately I don't think it will be this Monday. I would love to be wrong, though, because the sooner we get Episode 1, the sooner we get Episodes 2-5.
  • edited July 2008
    fireface68 wrote: »
    when is it coming out????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek:

IN. JULY. 2008.:rolleyes::D:mad::mad::mad::cool::confused::o;):)
  • edited July 2008
    if it doesnt come out this monday it'll come out at the most 14 days after
  • edited July 2008
    I :(don't wanna wait another week for SBCG4AP!!!!! please make it come out on the 14th!!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    you can wait... just uh... play something else...
  • edited July 2008
    No.

i hear that......
  • edited July 2008

This is slightly more complicated than a "re-skin" my friend. Yes this is still using the telltale tool, but using new technology that hasn't been used before. The Sam and Max series had to deal with 2d characters, yes, but not 2d characters that were only ever displayed at 1 or 2 angles. With an entirely different art style, different game mechanics, and a whole new way of approaching game development in general, you should be grateful that the team is happy enough to dedicate this much extra time to making a quality product at about $9-$10 per episode (still not determined, I know, but roughly in league with the Sam and Max series).

Also keep in mind that after episode 1 is released they aren't going to have the time for bug fixes or anything with the engine, so they have to get it right the first time in order to provide a new episode monthly. If you've never been involved in game development, then you have no room to complain or criticize.

Of course, as a troll who doesn't leave the safety of his bridge, you'll surely find a way to prove me wrong on all fronts without providing any proof. It's ok because I don't think you're hurting anybody's feelings. :)
  • edited July 2008
    The game is coming out on Blaptember 45th, 2032

I was assured that the game would release by 200R. :(
  • edited July 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I was assured that the game would release by 200R. :(

Can't believe you missed the 20x6 potential there.

-m0r
  • edited July 2008
    Releasing Summer, Twenty-Extysix
  • edited July 2008
    It's releasing Sunday! Sunday! Someday!, 2008
  • edited July 2008
    m0r1arty wrote: »
    Can't believe you missed the 20x6 potential there.

-m0r

I felt it was too obvious.
  • edited July 2008
    Possibly delayed till August.
  • edited July 2008
    yeah, i decided i just might get morrowind instead. I've been saving money for the first season for two months!:mad:
  • edited July 2008
    lika your so negative
  • edited July 2008
    yeah, i decided i just might get morrowind instead.

morrowind? that's years old...can't you get that from some bargain table for like 5 bucks now??
  • edited July 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I felt it was too obvious.

As did I.
  • edited July 2008
    With July about half way done and still no confirmed release date I'm starting to wonder if SBCG4Ap will be released in July. Will it?
  • edited July 2008
    Well, it should, in the next week or so.
  • edited July 2008
    "Patience is a sharp razor to swallow, lil' buddy." ;)

And besides, I usually wait YEARS for games to come out (look at Jane Jensen's Gray Matter for instance), so another week or two don't bother me in the slightest.
  • edited July 2008
    Lunatik wrote: »
    "Patience is a sharp razor to swallow, lil' buddy." ;)

And besides, I usually wait YEARS for games to come out (look at Jane Jensen's Gray Matter for instance), so another week or two don't bother me in the slightest.
    Well, i had to wait 2 years for SSBB, so im like that 2.
  • edited July 2008
    GENERICGUY wrote: »
    With July about half way done and still no confirmed release date I'm starting to wonder if SBCG4Ap will be released in July. Will it?

I'm pretty sure it will.

They said early on in june that it would be delayed until july, and they havn't said it would be delayed again, so im pretty sure it will come out on the 21st or on the 28th.

I would like it to be the 21st, but that is just me.
  • edited July 2008
    BigNick wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it will.
    I would like it to be the 21st, but that is just me.

You, and everyone else. :D
    GENERICGUY wrote: »
    :eek:
    BTW: Hi GENE!!! ( lol.)
This discussion has been closed.