Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    SB is not coming out July..deal with, and don't bash my head against a car door!
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    SB is not coming out July..deal with, and don't bash my head against a car door!

Don't worry, we have worse forms of torture.RELEASE THE MICHEAL JACKSON CYBORGS!
  • edited July 2008
    Cuz this THRILLER!
  • edited July 2008
    Or, maybe we'll pay tribute to the Turkish Spider-Man, and kill you with the GUINEA PIGS OF DEATH!(Search 3 Dev Adam...)
  • edited July 2008
    I think the reason more people voted july 28th,is because they
    want it to come out on that date, besides it probably isn't
    going to come out till August.(Telltale please prove me wrong and come
    out sooner!)
  • edited July 2008
    WEll I guess if it's to be released in July it will have to but I'm wondering if it'll come out in aughust (or even september or something). Any details would be appreciated.
  • edited July 2008
    i'll be a very happy camper if it comes out the 28th, but i can wait, it'll be that much better
  • edited July 2008
    OK, Genericguy? We're all hoping as much as you for the game to be out. In fact, we all wish it could have been last month. There is no point in asking questions like this, TT isn't going to give an answer until they know, and they have said many many times that as soon as they know, we'll know. Yes, chances are if it DOES come out this month, it will be on the 28th, but thats only speculation, and thats all you're ever going to find out from here until the TT team announces it.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not betting on a July release anymore.
  • edited July 2008
    Dudes, don't post this kind of stuff in this thread.

They merged all the 'release date' threads into one big one for a reason.
  • edited July 2008
    So, do people think this thread will be locked or merged with the "Delayed until July :(" thread? I'm guessing merged.
  • edited July 2008
  • edited July 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Uh oh, the flaming squirrel's angry... :eek:
    We shall discover the desired downloadable content on both thy desk, and thy Virtual Boy in thy near future, I am sure.

Woah, SBCG4AP is going to be the long awaited 15th Virtual Boy game?!:eek:
    I'd better get my butt down to Ebay if I want to get this game!
    Behold, the marvelous one-color graphics!:D
  • edited July 2008
    Behold, the graphic related eye-damage!
  • edited July 2008
    haha, we've already had ONE black-and-red strong bad game.
  • edited July 2008
    In other news, the first episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is coming very, very soon, and we're about to announce a brand new series of games! Be sure to stop by our website to stay informed.

OMG! It's been very, very soon since I read that e-mail and it hasn't been released! SBCG4AP has been delayed again! :(

:p
  • edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    OMG! It's been very, very soon since I read that e-mail and it hasn't been released! SBCG4AP has been delayed again! :(

:p

yeah, it's been bumped to "just a little while longer, guys.., 2008", i guess.
  • booboo
    edited July 2008
    I know why it's delayed. PETA had issues with its flagrant promotion of violence against snakes. It is never OK to punch a snake. Why couldn't this boxer fellow use some kind of magical flute to simply put the snakes peacefully to sleep or better yet replace the snakes with harmless pillows? And the title "SNAKE BOXER," unacceptable. It should be SNAKE ASLEEPER or SUPER RAINBOW MARIO. Either of these changes would be acceptable to both PETA and NINTENDO.

In short, BATMAN is a dog-boxing jerk.
  • edited July 2008
    boo wrote: »
    i know why it's delayed. Peta had issues with its flagrant promotion of violence against snakes. It is never ok to punch a snake. Why couldn't this boxer fellow use some kind of magical flute to simply put the snakes peacefully to sleep or better yet replace the snakes with harmless pillows? And the title "snake boxer," unacceptable. It should be snake asleeper or super rainbow mario. Either of these changes would be acceptable to both peta and nintendo.
    damn you, petaphiles!go back to kfc bashing!
  • edited July 2008
    June, July, August,
    The Game is Still Not Released...
    Pitchforks on Standby

My Anger is so high,
    Must always speak in hiaku,
    Lowers Blood Pressure.

Is Strong Bad a fake?
    Thinking game is just a ploy,
    To sell Sam and Max.

(by the way, I love Sam and Max, and I'm glad homestarrunner.com had the SBCG4AP promo on it or I never would have known Sam and Max was being made ;))
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Man that would be an expensive ploy, making a wholly developed and yet somehow still fake game to sell a different game.
  • edited July 2008
    Has Telltale gotten any feedback from Nintendo whatsoever about what's holding up the release or even if the game has passed the submission process?
  • edited July 2008
    One looks for reason
    When they only find chaos
    Makes stuff up instead
  • edited July 2008
    Nintendo are horrible with handling WiiWare. In Europe, they don't even tell developers when their games are going up until they're up. Hopefully it's out in America on Monday and Europe next Friday...
  • edited July 2008
    Also consider this: Nintendo may be doubtful about the profitability of the series. For one, it's an adventure game, a genre that may not have yet proven itself in the modern age to Nintendo's satisfaction. Secondly, it's based upon an internet cartoon - Nintendo may think that only those familiar with it would be likely to buy the game, and not as many people are familiar with it compared to if it were a TV show.
  • booboo
    edited July 2008
    Have we considered that playtesting was delayed because they could not find enough attractive people?
  • edited July 2008
    that's probably totally it...pure genius. i told them from the start, that they should rather make a game for not so attractive people...liiike me.
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Also consider this: Nintendo may be doubtful about the profitability of the series. For one, it's an adventure game, a genre that may not have yet proven itself in the modern age to Nintendo's satisfaction. Secondly, it's based upon an internet cartoon - Nintendo may think that only those familiar with it would be likely to buy the game, and not as many people are familiar with it compared to if it were a TV show.

It's too much effort to find the jump to conclusions mat image, so just pretend I posted it here.
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »

That gives them no right to deliberately hold it back in favour of tripe such as Cocoto Fishing and SPOGS Racing.
  • edited July 2008
    Fine...

:jumptoconclusions:
  • edited July 2008
    I wasn't agreeing, I was pointing out why that couldn't possibly be true. :p They wouldn't hold back one game in favour of another.
  • edited July 2008
    Apparently I landed on the third one earlier. High fives to any and all that catch that. :p
  • edited July 2008
    Last time I played 'Jump to Conclusions', I landed on 'one step back' and ended up in hospital. I've never played it on a cliff since.

Now that the new franchise has been revealed, It might be out this week, or next. I doubt it'll be much longer. :) But this is all guesswork.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm literally going to throw up if it doesn't come out this month
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    (by the way, I love Sam and Max, and I'm glad homestarrunner.com had the SBCG4AP promo on it or I never would have known Sam and Max was being made ;))

Welcome to the very small club of people who learned of telltale that way.
  • edited July 2008
    "Let's hold back this game based on the popular web cartoon almost everyone on the web knows about, and instead release the freaking 1,000,000th pirate game, and a Crappy painting game!" Nintendo is thinking something along those lines.
  • edited July 2008
    "Let's hold back this game based on the popular web cartoon almost everyone on the web knows about, and instead release the freaking 1,000,000th pirate game, and a Crappy painting game!" Nintendo is thinking something along those lines.

agreed
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    boo wrote: »
    Have we considered that playtesting was delayed because they could not find enough attractive people?

This is the correct answer. We initially thought that just playing the game made you cool and attractive, and initial rounds of playtests were promising, but it kept wearing off. We're working on it.
  • edited July 2008
    Welcome to the very small club of people who learned of telltale that way.

I'm in!
  • edited July 2008
    I'm in!

Now the relatively small.
This discussion has been closed.