Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    whats TTG? lol, im not a game designer, so go easy.
  • edited July 2008
    bubs wrote: »
    whats TTG? lol, im not a game designer, so go easy.

Scroll to the top of the page and see if you can figure it out.
  • edited July 2008
    I think I know why Nintendo's submission process is taking so long. It probably doesn't simply involve playing through the game to the end (and besides, Telltale would probably have sent Nintendo a full guide to prevent any delays in that respect). The submission process probably involves thorough scouring of the game to check every single iota of game content. Every last graphic, animation and line of dialogue.

I can just imagine the Telltale staff's reaction to the list of required changes they got back from Nintendo when the game was rejected.

"Okay, 'damn' I can understand. Even 'crap' I can understand. But 'fangoriously'?"
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    I think I know why Nintendo's submission process is taking so long. It probably doesn't simply involve playing through the game to the end (and besides, Telltale would probably have sent Nintendo a full guide to prevent any delays in that respect). The submission process probably involves thorough scouring of the game to check every single iota of game content. Every last graphic, animation and line of dialogue.

I can just imagine the Telltale staff's reaction to the list of required changes they got back from Nintendo when the game was rejected.

"Okay, 'damn' I can understand. Even 'crap' I can understand. But 'fangoriously'?"

Out of curiosity, what are you basing this on? I haven't seen anything regarding Nintendo's submission process being so strict, let alone rejecting SBCG4AP the first time. I don't think Nintendo would give a list back to Telltale of things to change, either. Why would they think they should tell another company what to do? I mean, if they allowed Manhunt to be on the Wii, there can't be ANYTHING in SBCG4AP that would be offensive enough to warrant a rejection, so if you have a reason to believe that that happened, I am very curious as to what it is.
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »

Although I do like the little joke at the end, I'm pretty sure they don't do it that way.
    Content analysis would have been done by the ESRB; I don't know what Nintendo uses to decide what does and does not qualify for inclusion on WiiWare, but I doubt that it would have to do with offensive content within the game itself.
  • edited July 2008
    i seem to recall Maniac Mansion being toned down for the NES, while all other platforms had it in full g(l)ory. so nintendo must have some say over stuff.

course, things have changed since then. i'm pretty sure they aren't so strict now.
  • edited July 2008
    delimew wrote: »
    i seem to recall Maniac Mansion being toned down for the NES, while all other platforms had it in full g(l)ory. so nintendo must have some say over stuff.

course, things have changed since then. i'm pretty sure they aren't so strict now.
    If I recall correctly, Maniac Mansion was released before the formation of the ESRB. At that time, there was no regulatory organization for video games, so Nintendo themselves decided what was and wasn't too offensive to be on their system.
    However, now we've got the ESRB, and they apply ratings to games and that whole thing's been averted. Nobody will let you release an AO game on their console, but that's about it.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey. Does anyone know WHY it's been delayed? Does anyone know he exact date when it'll come out?

Dollaroo
  • edited July 2008
    As long as episode one comes out before Spore, I will be happy. :D
  • edited July 2008
    Dollaroo wrote: »
    Hey. Does anyone know WHY it's been delayed? Does anyone know he exact date when it'll come out?
    it's not really delayed, it's just coming out one month later...until now, nobody said that there are any real problems with the game and the relaease date "july 2008" is still valid.
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Yes, things are going great! The game is looking and playing fantastic. It's undergoing it's submission process. The last bits of polish on being put on to make the game as solid as possible. No need to worry, the game is still on track to release sometime this month!
  • edited July 2008
    Klemmins wrote: »
    As long as episode one comes out before Spore, I will be happy. :D
    Lol, it's ironic that you say that. SBCG4AP and Spore are the only games I'm looking forward to right now. Hopefully Telltale won't delay their game as much as Maxis did. If they did, we could be looking at a Spring, 2010 release of Homestar Ruiner.
  • edited July 2008
    Out of curiosity, what are you basing this on? I haven't seen anything regarding Nintendo's submission process being so strict, let alone rejecting SBCG4AP the first time. I don't think Nintendo would give a list back to Telltale of things to change, either. Why would they think they should tell another company what to do? I mean, if they allowed Manhunt to be on the Wii, there can't be ANYTHING in SBCG4AP that would be offensive enough to warrant a rejection, so if you have a reason to believe that that happened, I am very curious as to what it is.

While someone else has already pointed out that the Maniac Mansion thing was a long time ago and is certainly irrelevant to this case, it's still a good read, and was almost certainly what BiggerJ was thinking of:

The Expurgation of Maniac Mansion
  • edited July 2008
    Voth wrote: »
    Lol, it's ironic that you say that. SBCG4AP and Spore are the only games I'm looking forward to right now. Hopefully Telltale won't delay their game as much as Maxis did. If they did, we could be looking at a Spring, 2010 release of Homestar Ruiner.
    \

Spore has been trying to come out for years... I'm not complaining though since it was gonna be an awesome game from the start. XD
  • edited July 2008
    Since the release date hasn't been updated by today (July 7) I don't expect SBCG4AP to be released on the 14th, which sadly means I won't be able to play it until mid-Augus. Just to be safe, however, can a July 14th release date be confirmed or denied at this point?
  • edited July 2008
    No.
  • edited July 2008
    This is the internet, so I am contractually obligated to point out that irony doesn't work that way.
  • edited July 2008
    But TrogLlama, you aren't one of the oh-so infamous Telltales, are you?
  • edited July 2008
    Edit the last message before troglama sees it.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    No.

TrogLlama speaks the truth!
  • edited July 2008
    Edit the last message before troglama sees it.
    ...?
    What?
    I'm pretty sure L33Tmin was being sarcastic.
  • edited July 2008
    This is the internet, so I am contractually obligated to point out that irony can be defined as an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected. While having recently played with the Spore Creature Creator, I came here to discuss Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and I ended up seeing mention of Spore.
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks for responding. I'll just cross my fingers and whatnot.
  • edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    This is the internet, so I am contractually obligated to point out that irony doesn't work that way.

sage words troglama, sage words.
  • edited July 2008
    Your best chance is 21st or 28th, since it is coming out this month.

Most likely 28th, but I'm no Telltale person-guy thing.
  • edited July 2008
    This is the internet, so I am contractually obligated to point out that irony can be defined as an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected. While having recently played with the Spore Creature Creator, I came here to discuss Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and I ended up seeing mention of Spore.
    The point is that it was a coincidence, not irony.
    A diabetic getting hit by a Hostess truck is coincidence.
    A diabetic getting hit by an insulin truck is irony.
    Doing one thing then switching to another thing where you find reference the the first thing is coincidence.
    I could go on, but I won't because it's redundant and a really stupid thing to have an argument over.
  • edited July 2008
    *cough* yeah, guys, quit talking about stuff that isn't SBCG4AP! It's to metallic or something TrogLlama is blabbering about.
  • edited July 2008
    when is it coming out????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek:
  • edited July 2008
    Sometime this month that's all we know
  • edited July 2008
    well, we trust that it will. >.>
  • edited July 2008
    Well I'll still have to wait longer since my fricking Wii keeps error-coding me!
  • edited July 2008
    So we're about a full month past the original launch date, and they still won't give an exact release date or a price, this is shaping up to be a great game. I wonder how long it will be until the devs are helping John Carmack make N-gage ports and washing cars.
  • edited July 2008
    Well I'll still have to wait longer since my fricking Wii keeps error-coding me!

If you're having trouble getting it to connect, try elevating it and turning it upside down; that helped me.
  • edited July 2008

Try visiting the Nintendo.com Tech Support Forums. Look for people who have your problem, or make your own thread to ask yourself.:)
  • edited July 2008
    fireface68 wrote: »
    when is it coming out????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek:
    When you stop spamming emoticons and question marks. well.gif
  • edited July 2008
    Znex wrote: »
    When you stop spamming emoticons and question marks. well.gif

If thats the case we'll be waiting till he dies!
  • edited July 2008
    Well the game coming out on the 14th is called "Plättchen Twist 'n' Paint" and Nintendo has been doing a 1 Virtual Console and 1 WiiWare release setup so far so that only leaves the 21st and the 28th.
  • edited July 2008
    1 month overdue! This SHOULD be a good game if its delayed that long, right!?!?
  • edited July 2008
    Thnikkaman wrote: »
    1 month overdue! This SHOULD be a good game if its delayed that long, right!?!?

delays rarely turn out to make games better, case in point, Age of Conan
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    manni17b wrote: »
    So we're about a full month past the original launch date, and they still won't give an exact release date or a price, this is shaping up to be a great game. I wonder how long it will be until the devs are helping John Carmack make N-gage ports and washing cars.

I love it when people sign up just to be mean!
  • edited July 2008
    Well, since the new devblog is about dealing with the ESRB, it looks like it might be a clue as to why the game got delayed. The ESRB probably said that if Telltale doesn't implement a long list of required changes, they'll have to invent an all-new 'Frowny-Face' rating just for this game!

frownyfaceff0.png
This discussion has been closed.