Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Long Explanation for the delay.
    Clapclapclapclapclap. :D
  • edited June 2008
    it's certainly true that i'd rather a perfect game later then have an incomplete game now. but still, i would've liked it to come out it june, so i could play on my birthday. (which is today btw)
  • edited June 2008
    Er...Happy Birthday? :D
  • edited June 2008
    Um... Happy Belated Birthday?
  • edited June 2008
    I have 900 points sitting on my Wii Shop Channel just waiting to get the first episode. Don't make me get F-Zero instead guys!
  • edited June 2008
    Well, I stand by Telltale. They want this game out as much as anyone else does

(this quote has been shortened for my attention span problem)

Just to tell yah, when I run for president, I'm gonna need your phone number.

I don't really care that it's gonna come out in july, just please make it EARLY July.
  • edited June 2008
    ...Although I think we can all agree that if Episode 1 gets delayed as much as Zelda: Twilight Princess (a year and a half), we have a good reason to riot.

Imagine me, I reserved that 5 mo. in advance(before the first big postponement that became 18 mo.). The only good that came of that wait was the game and a severe respect for patient people. I adore H*R, and while I am irked I am also happy. Telltale had the guts to actually tell us it was postponed, because they sought to avoid the 300 "Where's SBCG4AP" threads that would have been created. It takes a big man to admit that they were wrong about what they expected, June was probably an impossibility with the sheer amount of awesome that has to be digitized (man is used figuratively, no sexism intended, I assure you).

I blame Nintendo for the delay.
  • edited June 2008
    I imagine you.
  • edited June 2008
    If Nintendo decides to delay the release of the Wii version of SPCG4AP, will you guys delay the release of the PC version accordingly, or will you just release it when you're good and ready, regardless of when Nintendo decides to put the Wii version on WiiWare?

Edit: I just read an article comment on Kotaku that theorizes that Nintendo told you guys that the game's Wii release is getting pushed back and that they won't tell you how far. As long as you guys spend this time productively, which is what you've said you'll do, that's okay with me, but if this is true and the delay keeps going on, you should consider formulating a new strategy involving releasing the PC versions before the Wii versions.
  • edited June 2008
    Nintendo probably told 'em 'you're not getting released this month', they asked when, Nintendo said 'we can't tell you that'.

Comments that start with probably are probably just crazy speculations. :p

Still that's a good question.. If the unforeseen happens and either version gets delayed, will Telltale maintain a simultaneous release?
  • edited June 2008
    another delay would be awe....-ful or -some, can't decide. no, it would definitely be aweful...i mean, the pc- and wii-versions should come out at the same time...but if nintendo tells you when to release the games, will telltale be able to maintain the one-game-per-month-schedule?
  • edited June 2008
    The game was delayed because Telltale decided to delay it. Nothing to do with Nintendo.
  • edited June 2008
    ohh...that...yeah, they make it even more awesome. so that's cool with me. i understood it that way, that there might possibly be another delay.
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    The game was delayed because Telltale decided to delay it. Nothing to do with Nintendo.

No offense, but I'd still feel better if someone from Telltale said this, unless you're a Telltale intern, in which case, thanks!
  • edited June 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    No offense, but I'd still feel better if someone from Telltale said this, unless you're a Telltale intern, in which case, thanks!

It's already been said in other threads.
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    It's already been said in other threads.

Ah. I don't want any links, I just hope you're right, for all our sakes.
  • edited June 2008
    if you ckeck the blogs+comics section, it's all in the latest blog entry...the huge one.
    Emily wrote:
    First things first, now that the calendar has turned to June, we know you're eager to find out when you get to play Homestar Ruiner, the first episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People. To that we say... in July. We're taking a little extra time to make the game as awesome as humanly possible. (We know you wouldn't want it any other way!)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    A lot of different factors go into when you can release a game, some production-related and some external. In this case it was a little bit of both, but Kotaku's speculation about how it went down is just that -- speculation. At the end of the day, we want to release the best game we can, and releasing in July instead of June was the best way to do that.

As mentioned on the blog, the PC and Wii versions will release simultaneously, which means that the day Homestar Ruiner releases on WiiWare will also be the day it releases on PC. We'd like to maintain a regular release schedule after that -- we think that's important with an episodic product, and Nintendo knows that's important to us -- so we're working together to make sure that happens.
  • edited June 2008
    evil emily...cool. nice shirt you got there..

btw, i was a bit confused about the whole mini-/microgame business...but, i guess, that's probably because i didn't have time to read all the info on the game so far.
  • edited June 2008
    Ditto. :D
  • edited June 2008
    what ever you do, DO NOT go down the SSBB road DELAYED FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS!!!!!!! PLease don't do this.

Uh, just for the record, SSBB was only delayed for little over 3 months, half the time he stated, and yes, it was better for it.

Anyways, I'll be honest, I was pretty disappointed, as every monday the first thing I did was check to see if the game was there, but I quickly got over it, as not only does it not really matter, this means my H*R-loving friend and I will have more to talk about, and I'm sure the games will turn out great!

Yes, 1st post!
  • edited June 2008
    Kaotic_Blu wrote: »
    Anyways, I'll be honest, I was pretty disappointed, as every monday the first thing I did was check to see if the game was there, but I quickly got over it, as not only does it not really matter, this means my H*R-loving friend and I will have more to talk about, and I'm sure the games will turn out great!

Yeah exactly, it comes out when it comes out, and like all Telltale Games it will be great.

I lurk in these forums every once in a while, but I'm still surprised to see people lecturing the company on business practices - one because it's a bit difficult to know the internal affairs of an organization sitting in your chair at home - and two because these are the people that are working their behinds off to bring you something great, especially in an industry that isn't exactly kind to adventure games these days.

As far as I'm concerned they can be as late as they want, especially considering 1 month is nothing - I appreciate the QA. You can be a little bummed out by the wait without being rude about it. Good things are worth the wait!
  • edited June 2008
    Sweet, since it's comming out around my birthday, I can force one of my friends to pay for it :)

I never had any crashing, glitching, or texture errors on any Sam & Max game, so aside from the sole voice actor getting sick, I can see patching & bug fixing as a reason to hold off release. Hmm... I've never played a game with only one person doing all the voices before. Wonder how much money that saved.
  • edited June 2008
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    Sweet, since it's comming out around my birthday, I can force one of my friends to pay for it :)

I never had any crashing, glitching, or texture errors on any Sam & Max game, so aside from the sole voice actor getting sick, I can see patching & bug fixing as a reason to hold off release. Hmm... I've never played a game with only one person doing all the voices before. Wonder how much money that saved.
    It's not just one person, just mostly.
  • edited June 2008
    [QUOTE=LikaLaruku;69124
    I never had any crashing, glitching, or texture errors on any Sam & Max game, so aside from the sole voice actor getting sick, I can see patching & bug fixing as a reason to hold off release. Hmm... I've never played a game with only one person doing all the voices before. Wonder how much money that saved.[/QUOTE]

Seriously! Mine crashes and freezes all the time. Thanks for making my computer feel like an Atari!:mad:
  • edited June 2008
    Do you mean Atari 2600, the game console that ran quite well, or the company Atari Interactive that is not running very well at all, and always crashing?

Wow. Sorry. I'm getting off-topic. Well, I'll put in a couple more of my cents and speculate that the game will be released on late July.
  • edited June 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    Do you mean Atari 2600, the game console that ran quite well, or the company Atari Interactive that is not running very well at all, and always crashing?

Wow. Sorry. I'm getting off-topic. Well, I'll put in a couple more of my cents and speculate that the game will be released on late July.

Better not.I like delayed therefore worked on games, but seriously,more than a month for part of kinda-short-games?
  • edited June 2008
    well it's better to have a little delay before the season starts..that way it will probably be a lot easier to keep the one-game-per-month schedule. working on the first game is usually also working on all other games as well.
  • edited June 2008
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    I've never played a game with only one person doing all the voices before. Wonder how much money.
    Yeah it's two voice actors! ;D
  • edited June 2008
    I am looking to this but if this doesn't get released in Europe at the same time then I'll get the PC version to play and then Wii for fun
  • edited June 2008
    Nah, you've got to get the Wii version, it's got to be more fun!
  • edited June 2008
    Also kids, Half Life Episode 2 was WORTH the wait you ding dongs!

Go do something else while these devs are taking their time on the 'episodic' games.
  • edited June 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    Yeah it's two voice actors! ;D

Except the episodes with Cardboard Marzipan.
  • edited June 2008
    Pfft... what's a month anyway? As a long time Working Designs fan, I've waited a lot longer than that for games I was dying to play. The wait was worth it every time too.
  • edited June 2008
    12 days at the least to go...
    Yes, I've been counting down the days!
  • edited June 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    12 days at the least to go...
    Yes, I've been counting down the days!

*commences eek dancing*WWWWWWO*holds o button for 5 minutes* HOOOOO!
  • edited June 2008
    Pfft... what's a month anyway?
    right, if someone is worried about a one-month delay then he/she should better go and...wait for duke nukem or something.:D
  • edited June 2008
    LOL. Duke Nukem will never come out.

On the other hand SBCG4AP will come out, trust me, I'll make them.

11 Days to Go... Minimum
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    well it's better to have a little delay before the season starts..that way it will probably be a lot easier to keep the one-game-per-month schedule. working on the first game is usually also working on all other games as well.

You know what? Your right, I for one didn't mind the delay on Twilight Princess. That's probly because I don't realy like Zelda and had no plans of buying it...
  • edited June 2008
    10 Days to Go!

Minimum. (:()
This discussion has been closed.