Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    It's not a big deal, like Trogdor Man said. It will be out sooner or later.You will get to play it.
  • edited July 2008
    im literally crying of this im the biggest homestar runner fan and ive been very dissapointed in you guys i cant belive it. it better come out this next week or i kill myself im sooooooo pissed
    USA TODAY

Man Kills Self Over Video Game
    In recent news, a man waiting for Telltale Games' Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Homestar Ruiner has just killed himself. His last words were: "I'M SO PISSED AT TELLTALE!" Telltale's production team had released the game just moments before he chugged the Drain-O.

His family reports that they intend to get the game anyway.

EDIT: How does something come out this next week?
  • edited July 2008
    He's like a Video Game version of Chris Crocker, or something.Cries over things that aren't really something to cry over.Get frustrated, yes but CRY?!?!?
    edit:when I said get frustrated, I meant the game's release date.Not Britney Spears.
  • edited July 2008
    im literally crying of this im the biggest homestar runner fan and ive been very dissapointed in you guys i cant belive it. it better come out this next week or i kill myself im sooooooo pissed

Wow! I'm a huge H*R fan, but I'd never cry (not to mention contemplate suicide) over a delayed game. Get a life, and don't kill yourself, it's not worth it.
  • edited July 2008
    Look on the bright side, you can go watch a new cheat commandos toon on the Home* site.
  • edited July 2008
    He's like a Video Game version of Chris Crocker, or something.

*gets under his covers with a camera and makeup and starts bawling*
    LEAVE TELLTALE ALONE!!!
  • edited July 2008
    I checked for SBCG4AP on wiiware this morning and guess what I found, PONG. WHEN WAS THIS GAME SUPPOSEd TO BE RELEASED?!?! :mad:
  • edited July 2008
    Another freaking release date thread!?!!?!?!?!?
  • edited July 2008
    Summer 08
  • edited July 2008
    I got $50 on merged.
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    *gets under his covers with a camera and makeup and starts bawling*
    LEAVE TELLTALE ALONE!!!
    XD, thats funny. It should come out today.
  • edited July 2008
    It's not going to. :D
  • edited July 2008
    I got $50 on merged.

That's MERGE'D (ow... my the fact I had two threads but now there's only one.
  • edited July 2008
    Alright, Telletale is just LYING about this game, if it doesn't come out today, then SBCG4AP is just a lie!
  • edited July 2008
    SBRules wrote: »
    Alright, Telletale is just LYING about this game, if it doesn't come out today, then SBCG4AP is just a lie!

Yeah I agree... If it doesn't come out before rock band 2 i'm getting that instead TOTALLY!:mad:
  • edited July 2008
    SBRUules, there is no need for X-treme Conclusion-Jumping.You're makeing yourself look like a moron.
  • edited July 2008
    The Strong Sad, You are making yourself look like a moron.
  • edited July 2008
    :jumptoconclusions:
    dun DUN DUN!
  • edited July 2008
    Seesh, it was a joke. If it doesn't come out today, it will come out in august.
  • edited July 2008
    I didn't know you were joking.
  • edited July 2008
    The Strong Sad, You are making yourself look like a moron.

Who's the one who can't take a joke?:cool:
  • edited July 2008
    Sorry, im just getting angry about the game, but i was serious about getting rock band 2 instead.
  • edited July 2008
    Why is it that people can't save money for a game that's coming out in less than 2 weeks? Is it burning a hole in your pocket, just waiting to be spent?

Okay, I've been among the most patient for this game, and now I'm starting to get majorly pissed about the people that want to complain their f*cking heads off.
  • edited July 2008
    Wow....There are a lot of release date threads...
  • edited July 2008
    I just need it to come out before school starts or I won't be able to play it much.:(
  • edited July 2008
    I just got back from the mall with my wii card and I'm very pissed how they said wallace and grommit news was going to be out today, and I'm pretty sure strong bad is going to come out today. But july is almost over and there is STILL no news on strong bad. I'm slowly slipping into "impatient" today. : (
  • edited July 2008
    Strong Bad is not coming out today.

However, news about Wallace and Grommit is.
  • edited July 2008
    ok.
  • edited July 2008
    I just got back from the mall with my wii card and I'm very pissed how they said wallace and grommit news was going to be out today, and I'm pretty sure strong bad is going to come out today. But july is almost over and there is STILL no news on strong bad. I'm slowly slipping into "impatient" today. : (

now, now no need to grow impatient or pissed it's just a on or two week wait.
    OPTIMISM!!
  • edited July 2008
    Please, everyone, stop waiting around today for the game. Emily has already said it is NOT COMING OUT TODAY.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=75194#post75194
  • edited July 2008
    Wow....There are a lot of release date threads...

Home Strech ($20) and Delayed till august?! ($50) got merged. Where's my money?
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the game is not coming out tomorrow. :(

What IGN said is true - we have submitted the game to Nintendo, and as soon as we get approval from them, it will be released quickly after that. We really are in the home stretch. :D We've been waiting to announce a release date until we have that approval, though, because until that happens, well, anything can happen! Getting games into WiiWare is a new process for us and we're learning as we go, so I'm sorry if any of you are disappointed that tomorrow is the last Monday in July and you won't have a Strong Bad game to play. On the plus side, we're closer now than we've ever been, and very soon we should be able to tell you exactly when it's coming out!

Also, I'd like to preemptively say that contrary to some comments I've seen people making here and there, Nintendo has NOT been sitting on the game for months. We were still working on getting some bugs fixed until fairly recently. So please don't assume that they're some evil empire that's been hoarding the game since June because they don't want you to have it. Everyone we're working with at Nintendo wants the game to come out just as badly as we (and you!) do.
    I'm mostly quoting this because most people seemed to have missed it.

Also, think about it from Nintendo's perspective too: What if the pirate/paint/and pong games were submitted a while ago, and Telltale only submitted SBCG4AP in mid July...do you think Nintendo's going to go "Well, there are a bunch of people on Telltale's site clamoring for a release date, so we'll put their game out first." That's not fair to other developers, so don't act like Telltale's game should be Nintendo's #1 priority just because you want to play it.

Nobody is the bad guy in this situation. Games take time. Be patient, and stop overreacting over a delay of barely over a month.
  • edited July 2008
    Sweeney252 wrote: »
    Yeah how do I see moved threads?

Click on the moved thread and then on the area where it was moved search the name of that thread on posts.
  • edited July 2008
    Man 3 Terrible games possibly released 3 weeks in a row? Man, this stinks.
  • edited July 2008
    If you're that desperate for the game, tape a picture of Strong Bad to your TV and wave your Wiimote around and pretend that you're playing it. And while you're at it, you might as well shove it---I should probably stop talking now.
  • edited July 2008
    Move it!move it! Move it!

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!I thought my thread was moved because it was too much like this one, not because people placed bets on moving it!!!
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, feckelshlanker!
  • edited July 2008
    If you're that desperate for the game, tape a picture of Strong Bad to your TV and wave your Wiimote around and pretend that you're playing it. And while you're at it, you might as well shove it---I should probably stop talking now.
    Seesh, it was just My Opinion about Wii Ware games. Most Wii Ware games are crappy, only a few are good, Dr.Mario, Lost Winds.........um, i don't know anymore. I know there are some other good ones, but thats all i can think of. Please post the other ones.
  • edited July 2008
    JESUS CHRIST!!!!!I thought my thread was moved because it was too much like this one, not because people placed bets on moving it!!!
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, feckelshlanker!

It was moved because there are way too many release date threads. Only one is nessicary and normal people don't care enough to make another thread.
  • edited July 2008
    ANOTHER release date thread...

The thread that was bet so it could be DELETED was not a release date thread in my opinion because it didn't give a certain release date.I was just asking people when they thought it would release.
  • edited July 2008
    The thread that was bet so it could be DELETED was not a release date thread in my opinion because it didn't give a certain release date.I was just asking people when they thought it would release.

Ergo...RELEASE DATE THREAD!
This discussion has been closed.