Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    trust Homsar! :D

Words to live by.
  • edited July 2008
    Telltale does not know if it is coming out tomorrow.

If they knew for sure it was still coming out in July, they would have told us it was coming out tomorrow. If they knew it was not coming out tomorrow, they would have told us it was delayed until August.

If they knew anything, we would have heard one of those two things after last Monday. They obviously do not know the release date of their own game.
  • edited July 2008
    Bigdodongo, let me get you one of Jake's posts.
    Jake wrote: »
    Man that would be an expensive ploy, making a wholly developed and yet somehow still fake game to sell a different game.
  • edited July 2008
    Telltale might know when it's coming out but they might not want to tell us because they like to see us suffer.
  • edited July 2008
    Bigdodongo, let me get you one of Jake's posts.

It's called sarcasm... that post was a reply to one of my post, both you and Jake miss my sarcasm, I started putting the little rolled eyes guy (:rolleyes:)so you could know it was sarcasm...sheesh! (also, check the name, I'm not a monster from Zelda)
    Voth wrote: »
    Telltale does not know if it is coming out tomorrow.

If they knew for sure it was still coming out in July, they would have told us it was coming out tomorrow. If they knew it was not coming out tomorrow, they would have told us it was delayed until August.

If they knew anything, we would have heard one of those two things after last Monday. They obviously do not know the release date of their own game.

You bring a good point, but I have to think that TTG would know that their game is going to be release THE DAY BEFORE it is! (That was not sarcastic)
  • edited July 2008
    All i hear is that it has been ready for quite a bit but Nintendo have been taking their time getting the game ready for wiiware. The PC version i bet is on a server, just ready to be connect to the World Wide Web but as both versions will be put out at the same time, the PC version will be on that server and a DVD for a while.
  • edited July 2008
    Trixie wrote: »
    All i hear is that it has been ready for quite a bit but Nintendo have been taking their time getting the game ready for wiiware. The PC version i bet is on a server, just ready to be connect to the World Wide Web but as both versions will be put out at the same time, the PC version will be on that server and a DVD for a while.

And you heard this from...?
  • edited July 2008
    Some fourm, i know it's unreliable but still, i think that the Conversion to wiiware's main server is the main problem for release dates.
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Don't. Trust. IGN.

Well I usually don't trust them for release dates, but they did say that they talked with someone at telltale.Since I'm not sure what to think, could someone at telltale give us the scoop on the release date?
  • edited July 2008
    i'm still not a telltale so i can say, no
  • edited July 2008
    Tell Tale, you release it soon, before I lose my sanity.Soon, that IGN comment might come true with the "Unstable people" part.
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    We would have heard it by now from Telltale if it was coming out tomorrow. Telltale said that Homestar Ruiner was in the submission process with Nintendo weeks ago, that means jack squat! Wake up and smell the truth. It's not coming out tomorrow! It's not coming out in July. Telltale has said we'll know when they know. Until they know, we won't know, nor should we speculate. DON'T TRUST IGN! Homsar has a higher I.Q. then those guys. We wait for Telltale to tell.

Look, I know several people don't trust ign here, but when someone's actually heard from someone at a company, i'm going to trust them.Especially since IGN could get in serious legal trouble for saying they talked to someone they didn't.They are a part of a big company, you know.
  • edited July 2008
    Well I usually don't trust them for release dates, but they did say that they talked with someone at telltale.Since I'm not sure what to think, could someone at telltale give us the scoop on the release date?

Ahem
    Emily wrote: »
    The release date is something we and Nintendo are working on together. Remember that this is new for all of us... WiiWare has only been up and running for two months, and the first episode of Strong Bad is Telltale's first WiiWare release AND our first downloadable release on a console, as opposed to on the PC. There's a lot we all need to do to make sure it goes right.

We've had nothing but good experiences working with Nintendo on this project. I don't want people to have the impression that they're dictators pushing us around, because that's not the case at all. I think it's Nintendo's priority as well as Telltale's to release the best Strong Bad game we possibly can. :)

When they know we'll know.
  • edited July 2008
    it's always midnight in europe? maybe the parts near the north pole where they go long periods of time without the sun.
  • edited July 2008
    :( I'm sad that my thread of hope has been demolished by negative people.*sniffle*It was the first thread I posted too!!!*Starts Bawling*OH LITTLE BWATOW!!!!I FEEL LIKE I'M AT A CROSSROAD, AND THERES A DENNY'S ON ONE END, AND AN IHOP ON THE OTHER!!!!!I JUST DON'T KNOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    :( I'm sad that my thread of hope has been demolished by negative people.*sniffle*It was the first thread I posted too!!!*Starts Bawling*OH LITTLE BWATOW!!!!I FEEL LIKE I'M AT A CROSSROAD, AND THERES A DENNY'S ON ONE END, AND AN IHOP ON THE OTHER!!!!!I JUST DON'T KNOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My job here is done!:D
  • edited July 2008
    sigh. another release date thread. anyway, here are my thoughts:

telltale says they'll tell us when they know.

from what i've read on the internet (everything on the internet is true and correct, remember), nintendo has a habit of releasing games without ever notifying developers of their impending release, which makes promotion a pain in the arse.

i don't think telltale ever said that they were going to tell us X days before the actual release, so it's a very real possibility that telltale and the masses will learn of the release date only when the game is released.

which, hopefully, is tomorrow.

otherwise, it may have been naive of them to suggest that it was going to come out in july when nintendo has a history of release date boneheadedness when it comes to wiiware. but they've said they were working closely with nintendo on the release date so i hope this all gets sorted out soon, one way or another.
  • edited July 2008
    Nathew, have you ever heard of the infamous chain comment/ mail?
  • edited July 2008
    Umm, anyone find it funny NO ONE from Tell Tale has posted in this thread yet?

It's Sunday.They probably have the day off.
  • edited July 2008
    Nathew, have you ever heard of the infamous chain comment/ mail?

i suppose not.
  • edited July 2008
    I have a feeling TTG would give us more than a days notice on when the game is coming out. Also, this picture makes me think that the game might take a bit longer:
    2707350763_f0a12356eb.jpg?v=0
  • edited July 2008
    I dunno... I would have expected some announcement by now, listing the impending release date... (assuming it is tomorrow... which i am now beginning to doubt)

Many of you know that i am not much of a HR fan, (in fact i am only getting this game for its puzzles) But despite that, I feel the need to speak out here and the voices in my head are telling me to go on a little rant in defense of telltale and this awesome game...

One of the cornerstones on Telltales episodic model is that they deliver on time and with minimal delays (if any at all). The thought of Nintendo holding the game back another month is simply not cool... Nintendo is making telltale look bad, making them look like a bunch of lairs! and trashing their otherwise perfect record :mad:

So, personally... I will be buying the pc version, my money is going to telltale. Nintendo has earned no love from me, they can sit on the Wii version, and let it go to rot for all i care.

I use such strong words for one reason...

[JumpingToConclusions] I may not have much love for the Wii... But what i truly hate is Nintendo holding back a game just because its an adventure title, (Sticking the game with the inherent, "Adventures don't do well" stereotype) and releasing other less interesting games before it... Simply because they are "surefire sellers" [/JumpingToConclusions]

I know there is no source or grounds for my above comment... But its the vibe i am starting to get, and if the game gets delayed again... we will see if others don't start to agree with me
  • edited July 2008
    the only thing i DON'T like about this whole thing is that they haven't come out and said "hey, guys, you'll have to wait until august, i guess."

but i suppose the fact that they haven't still means there's a chance it will be out before then. like they always say, we'll know when they know.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm pretty sure that the fact of the matter is that neither Nintendo or Telltale was ready for a major episodic game release on Wiiware.

Wiiware is new for all the parties involved. It's not like Nintendo has been running this service flawlessly for the console's entire life span.

Everybody needs to calm down. =p
  • edited July 2008
    I'm pretty sure that the fact of the matter is that neither Nintendo or Telltale was ready for a major episodic game release on Wiiware.

Wiiware is new for all the parties involved. It's not like Nintendo has been running this service flawlessly for the console's entire life span.

Agreed. I am still interested to see if Nintendo and TTG can pull off a regular release schedule, seeing all the hoops the game has to go through to be on WiiWare. I know Telltale is up to it, but a new medium always presents its problem. If they can, great! If not, I wont be upset if there are delays every once and a while... I might be slightly dismayed, however, if the schedule goes from being monthly to bi-monthly. I might forget about the game in that period of time.
  • edited July 2008

^this.
  • edited July 2008
    I'd say they're coming back from Comic Con tomorrow. So I'd expect some news then as well as info on Wallace & Gromit.
  • edited July 2008
    Exactly. So drop that Wii release already and get the finished PC version out.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't want to anger the PC crowd, either... :D

*ducks, runs & hides*
  • edited July 2008
    It's really quite simple. Nintendo doesn't treat WiiWare releases the same as retail games. They have stated they want to spread out the WiiWare titles to prevent a slew of games to come out one week, only to have a drought of no games the next month. Everyone's anxious to play the game, and once it's released, all this silly speculation should end. I'm confident in an early/mid August release; end of August at the latest. There are only a few games that have been submitted before SBCG4AP, so that gives me my prediction.
  • edited July 2008

*Will leave negative replies on hopeful threads for food.*
  • edited July 2008
    If you think telltale sucks, feel free to rant here!
  • edited July 2008
    Please close this pathetic thread.
  • edited July 2008
    How many release date threads are there now?5, maybe 10 hundred?And any ways, Tell Tale doesn't suck. You're just impatient.
  • edited July 2008
    If you think telltale sucks, feel free to rant here!

May your Wii malfuction just as this game gets released :p
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    May your life be torn in half just as this game gets released :p

Fixed.
  • edited July 2008
    Well The way I see it, Theres either gonna be a lot of people sitting on their couches/chairs/computer chairs/Styleron Ecochair playing a certain video game or theres gonna be a lot of lil' brudder-esk reactions...
  • edited July 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Please close this pathetic thread.

I second the motion. All in favor?
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    I second the motion. All in favor?

Aye
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the game is not coming out tomorrow. :(

What IGN said is true - we have submitted the game to Nintendo, and as soon as we get approval from them, it will be released quickly after that. We really are in the home stretch. :D We've been waiting to announce a release date until we have that approval, though, because until that happens, well, anything can happen! Getting games into WiiWare is a new process for us and we're learning as we go, so I'm sorry if any of you are disappointed that tomorrow is the last Monday in July and you won't have a Strong Bad game to play. On the plus side, we're closer now than we've ever been, and very soon we should be able to tell you exactly when it's coming out!

Also, I'd like to preemptively say that contrary to some comments I've seen people making here and there, Nintendo has NOT been sitting on the game for months. We were still working on getting some bugs fixed until fairly recently. So please don't assume that they're some evil empire that's been hoarding the game since June because they don't want you to have it. Everyone we're working with at Nintendo wants the game to come out just as badly as we (and you!) do.
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks Emily,

I propose a closure to this thread. All in favor?
This discussion has been closed.