Release date discussion!

Comments

• it has to come out tommorow. it HAS TO.

C'mon, telltale, somebody confirm it forr us!!! D=

*turns steadily into a hopeless fanboy*
  • sorry for double psoting, but according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WiiWare_games

SCG4Ap is comign out tomorow... funny thing is, it tells when all the other games are coming, too, which leads me to believe not to trust this. >_>

BUt... I must... D=
  • edited July 2008
    That wikipedia article uses the Telltale blog entry saying that the release will be in July as its source. That's still good enough for me, but I can see how you might disagree..
  • edited July 2008
    Still no announcement of the release date, though. I bet that there are a few people getting anxious about a possible release tomorrow. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Still no announcement of the release date, though. I bet that there are a few people getting anxious about a possible release tomorrow. ;)

What? No. No. No. I mean, no. Never. No. What? No.
  • edited July 2008
    I highly doubt it. Nintendo's being stupid as of late. I'll be suprised if we see it by September. D:
  • edited July 2008
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    I'll be suprised if we see it by September. D:

NO! DON'T SAY THAT! :mad:
  • edited July 2008
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    I highly doubt it. Nintendo's being stupid as of late. I'll be suprised if we see it by September. D:

The game presented at the Comic-con this weekend was supposedly (I didn't actually go to the convention) the full episode 1. If Nintendo hold off releasing a completed title as log long as Semptember 1st, I'd be very surprised.

If it did take that long to release, then I'm sure there would be reasons other than Nintendo being funny about it.
  • edited July 2008
    This game is definitely coming out tomorrow, no doubt about it. If it doesn't...... I'm going to be either confused or P.O.'d
  • edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    The game presented at the Comic-con this weekend was supposedly (I didn't actually go to the convention) the full episode 1. If Nintendo hold off releasing a completed title as log as Semptember 1st, I'd be very surprised.

If it did take that long to release, then I'm sure there would be reasons other than Nintendo being funny about it.

I don't know... they released SPOGS before SB. SPOGS got a 1.9/10 on IGN. They oviously don't see the potential of this. Maybe earlier than September, then.

Here's hoping for tommorow!
  • edited July 2008
    Considering Telltale's then 'mystery project' was namedropped in an official Nintendo press release at the GDC, I don't see why they wouldn't see the potential.
  • edited July 2008
    I read the comic-con 2008 update on IGN.com today and it said that telltale had homestar ruiner ready and had submitted it to nintendo already!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Sorry...overreacted for a second there.
  • edited July 2008
    go zoidy ,go go go zoidy,go go go zoidy ,go zoidy
  • edited July 2008
    Only one more day, stupid question but will it be like a midnight launch? I want to play it the moment it comes out!
  • edited July 2008
    No, it'll be released at about noon. That's when the Wii Shop Channel is always updated, at least in America.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, it should, after all, there are no other realese dates for any wiiware games except SBCG4AP, so...
  • edited July 2008
    Plattchen was supposed to release last week, and I think Helix is queued up along with a few others. Hopefully Strong Bad is out tomorrow, but the thread title is misleading. Plattchen was submitted last month and it's still not up.
  • edited July 2008
    Strange, it's always midnight in Europe.
  • edited July 2008
    I guess the thread title is a bit misleading...but i'm just too lazy to change it.
  • edited July 2008
    Don't. Trust. IGN.
  • edited July 2008
    trust. Telltale. now
  • edited July 2008
    tommorow is the last monday in july and nintendo only puts out new wiiware on monday so it has to come out!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    eeeeee :D
  • edited July 2008
    Didn't a telltale team member just say there is no way it's coming out tomorrow?
  • edited July 2008
    i don't think so
  • edited July 2008
    Sweeney252 wrote: »
    Didn't a telltale team member just say there is no way it's coming out tomorrow?

Did you check the date on the statement in question?
  • edited July 2008
    Umm, anyone find it funny NO ONE from Tell Tale has posted in this thread yet?
  • edited July 2008
    It was in a thread on this forum called something like "what time does it update" I think the thread got deleted.
  • edited July 2008
    i think you mean DELETED!
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i think you mean DELETED!

Or..Baleeted! ...er Delcheated!...El'Taco?
  • edited July 2008
    or how bout DOLORTED!
  • edited July 2008
    . . . It's coming tomorrow. I can feel it. It also gives me a reason not to sleep in until 11:00, so I am very excited. . . .
  • edited July 2008
    ooh heres a new one: DELETINATED!!!!! The Trogdor computer program strikes again!!!
  • edited July 2008
    I don't think it will, sadly. I think TTG would let us know a little bit before hand. August release. ;_;
  • edited July 2008
    Trogdorman wrote: »
    ooh heres a new one: DELETINATED!!!!! The Trogdor computer program strikes again!!!

Edgar's Baby's Daddy's Trogdor? (By CheatWare)
  • edited July 2008
    We would have heard it by now from Telltale if it was coming out tomorrow. Telltale said that Homestar Ruiner was in the submission process with Nintendo weeks ago, that means jack squat! Wake up and smell the truth. It's not coming out tomorrow! It's not coming out in July. Telltale has said we'll know when they know. Until they know, we won't know, nor should we speculate. DON'T TRUST IGN! Homsar has a higher I.Q. then those guys. We wait for Telltale to tell.
  • edited July 2008
    Maybe Nintendo didn't tell Telltale, but know the release date. Maybe they'll tell them tomorrow morning.
  • edited July 2008
    "Hey, yeah, um...about the game...yeah, we already released it."

*Telltale scrambles to their computers to update the site*
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    We would have heard it by now from Telltale if it was coming out tomorrow. Telltale said that Homestar Ruiner was in the submission process with Nintendo weeks ago, that means jack squat! Wake up and smell the truth. It's not coming out tomorrow! It's not coming out in July. Telltale has said we'll know when they know. Until they know, we won't know, nor should we speculate. DON'T TRUST IGN! Homsar has a higher I.Q. then those guys. We wait for Telltale to tell.

trust Homsar! :D
  • edited July 2008
    Maybe Nintendo didn't tell Telltale, but know the release date. Maybe they'll tell them tomorrow morning.

Maybe this is a ploy by Telltale to sell their other games (worked on me, I bought them all)? Maybe this is one grand April fools joke that will, in fact, continue until April? Maybe Nintendo is actually run by communists who don't want Free Country USA to be ever been seen? Maybe there isa treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence? Maybe this is all a simulated reality created by sentient machines in order to pacify and subdue the human population while our bodies' heat and electrical activity are used as an energy source? YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT?! :rolleyes:

(This sounds strangely familiar...)
This discussion has been closed.