What race is Clementine?

Comments

• edited March 2014

Shes African-American. People constantly asked Lee if she was his daughter.
    Christa was the only one to notice that she obviously was not.

• edited March 2014

Alt text

• edited March 2014

Damn it! It was Clem's "I don't know." gif.

• No matter how people or telltales explain about her appearance, she looks like Asian/African/White 30:30:30 and 10% of mysterious race. to me.

• Another one of these threads? Mods need to lock this before some people get banned.

• What If Diana(Clementine's mother) Cheated on Ed(Clem's Father) way back when? he forgave her, but clementine is now 70-75% white?
    (this is a joke. haha. funny. not serious. don't be all like "Diana would never do that don't be such a whore.")

• This one actually hasn't had much flaming yet. Just a little bit, but nothing major.

Another one of these threads? Mods need to lock this before some people get banned.

• HISPANIC IM SURE D!!!! !!! !!!

• muhabmuhab Banned

she looks freak
    that's why people should not mix race

• She is one of the most beautiful characters I've seen in games. What's wrong with your eyes?

muhab posted: »

she looks freak that's why people should not mix race

• What if she's Spanish

Half Asian, half African American.

• muhabmuhab Banned

she looks like ass monkey

whereisLee posted: »

She is one of the most beautiful characters I've seen in games. What's wrong with your eyes?

• Elf... just kidding probably African American, she also seems to have something Asian so I agree with the most of the comments around here.

• African American.

• African-american as suggested from the picture in season 1 episode 1.

Even tho I'd say she's caucasian.

• edited March 2014

You know better muhab. You either are mentally retarded, troll, marked by the fact that your mother had sex with a dog and you can't stand mixing races, or you are just plain stupid.

• she is obviously a part of the citrus family.

budum tis

• I think she's an argonian...

• edited March 2014

Clementine is written as being full african american, but I think the decision was made to soften her features to make her more palatable to a wider audience. She wouldn't be as offensive to caucasian gamers and it allows them to make a better emotional connection to the character that way.

I work in marketing, and believe me, white middle americans (which represent an astounding 70-80% of video game consumers in the US) are just turned off when minorities are presented in unexpected ways that are uncomfortable to them. Having to make an emotional attachment to a little black girl is a long stretch for most of us, no matter how liberal we pretend to be. Telltale probably just didn't want to deal with the headache, and I don't blame them. If she was a minor character, it probably wouldn't matter.

• He's a troll... Don't bother with him, he'll go back to his cave in no time.

You know better muhab. You either are mentally retarded, troll, marked by the fact that your mother had sex with a dog and you can't stand mixing races, or you are just plain stupid.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited March 2014

Kind of sad, but entirely believable. There's too much potential for cultural baggage getting in the way of attachment if her ethnicity is too well defined. Full African-American seems like a stretch anyway. My skin-tone is similar to that of S2 Clem and I'm White/Southern European.

flymoefly posted: »

Clementine is written as being full african american, but I think the decision was made to soften her features to make her more palatable to

• i agree with the majority,she is African American/asian ,i think shes beautifully created and reminds me a little bit of the Rocks (Dwayne Johnson)'s mom and dad,Clem's mom might have asian relations just like Rocks mom,while her Dad is african american just like Clem's dad,take a look..Alt text

• Kartal5Kartal5 Banned
    edited March 2014

She is obviously not a complete african american, and anyone that says suggests so needs to get their eyes checked.
    Many so called "african americans" nowadays have caucasian/white traits in their DNA without even knowing it, even though they look fully "black" they actually have some white/asian/whatever ancestors

And Clementine is much more lighter than them, which suggests that she is a very "biracial" offspring but mostly black and asian.

• [removed]

• Clementine is so adorable, how can you even say that you horrible waste of space.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It takes one to know one

• [removed]

OzzyUK posted: »

It takes one to know one

• I'm standing by the dog-mom theory

He's a troll... Don't bother with him, he'll go back to his cave in no time.

• African Americans come in more then one color. Clementine mother is more then likely a light skinned African American women.

Kartal5 posted: »

She is obviously not a complete african american, and anyone that says suggests so needs to get their eyes checked. Many so called "african

• Ok does Samoan count as Asian in this context? I mean, isn't it part of the Australian continent? Also, don't Samoans look different from what most people mean when they say Asian? Man, this is so confusing...

Clemmy1 posted: »

i agree with the majority,she is African American/asian ,i think shes beautifully created and reminds me a little bit of the Rocks (Dwayne J

• I'd say she definitely looks Samoan.

Ok does Samoan count as Asian in this context? I mean, isn't it part of the Australian continent? Also, don't Samoans look different from what most people mean when they say Asian? Man, this is so confusing...

• In Mario Kart

• muhabmuhab Banned

and she got a skinny ass

she looks like ass monkey

• Ok here's a stupid question, but what the hell does it matter what her race is?.

• edited March 2014

People are rasist?

Ok here's a stupid question, but what the hell does it matter what her race is?.

• muhabmuhab Banned

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its just game (relaxe) fuck face hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• muhabmuhab Banned

i like trees more than cave dirty ass hairy hhhhhhhhh

He's a troll... Don't bother with him, he'll go back to his cave in no time.

• And thats because she probably had a caucasian ancestor down the line in her genetic pool, which was my whole point..

drea13 posted: »

African Americans come in more then one color. Clementine mother is more then likely a light skinned African American women.

• muhabmuhab Banned

how its silly to talk about your mom in (game) hhhhhhhhh grow up

I'm standing by the dog-mom theory

• drea13drea13 Banned
    edited March 2014

Right and as you said "many African Americans have white and other in them". However dark or light skinned aka clementine mother. They still are African American. So whats wrong with acknowledging Clementine as African American..............
    We come in more then one color, we have different features. However clementine is African American, her parents are both African American. Yes there can be African and African American with no white mixture and still come out light skinned.

Kartal5 posted: »

And thats because she probably had a caucasian ancestor down the line in her genetic pool, which was my whole point..

This discussion has been closed.