The Name That Game Thread!!!

Comments

• edited October 2008
    SGFAZ beat me to it.
  • edited October 2008
    Sonic adventure?

Right
  • edited October 2008
    Here is a relatively difficult one as I am only going to give you one word.

Here it is: "Coalinga?"

Now have it all you vaults of gaming knowledge.
  • edited December 2008
    Bump
    Guess mine
    "If God would have wanted to live he wouldn't have created me!"
  • edited December 2008
    The Golden Compass? Wait, is that a game?
  • edited December 2008
    Here's One: "IMA FIRIN MAH LAZER!!!"
  • edited December 2008
    The Shoop Da Whoop!

I wonder where it originated from?
  • edited December 2008
    "ME AND SANDVICH GOING TO BEAT YOUR ASS!!!!"

-dr. z.
  • edited December 2008
    Ok how about this:

You play as a young child afraid of the dark and you idolize a superhero who wear extreamly comfortable cloths.
  • edited December 2008
    Here is a relatively difficult one as I am only going to give you one word.

Here it is: "Coalinga?"

Now have it all you vaults of gaming knowledge.

Sam and Max episode 203
  • edited December 2008
    Here's a great one:

You play as a seriously disturbed mercenary who has false delusions of the past, discolored eyes, and sometimes hears voices. You begin the game working for a terrorist organization that thinks the power company is evil. Turns out they're right, but you don't care because it's "not your problem". Oh, and it also turns out to actually be your problem, but not your biggest one, by far.
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    Ok how about this:

You play as a young child afraid of the dark and you idolize a superhero who wear extreamly comfortable cloths.

Pajama Sam! Man, i loved that game!
  • edited December 2008
    Ugly Bird wrote: »
    Here's a great one:

You play as a seriously disturbed mercenary who has false delusions of the past, discolored eyes, and sometimes hears voices. You begin the game working for a terrorist organization that thinks the power company is evil. Turns out they're right, but you don't care because it's "not your problem". Oh, and it also turns out to actually be your problem, but not your biggest one, by far.

sam and max episode 103!!!
  • edited December 2008
    natlinxz wrote: »
    sam and max episode 103!!!

Wow... I just am having trouble believing just how wrong that answer was. Did you um, actually play Sam and Max episode 103? Well anyway, uh... nice try?
  • edited December 2008
    WoW? (World of Warcraft?)
  • edited December 2008
    Here's a great one:

Seems like nobody knows this one, which to me seems "oh so sad", but it's Final Fantasy VII. If anyone here hasn't played that game, I STRONGLY urge them to give it a try. Quite possibly some of the best storytelling in videogames EVER. And it also includes the definitive best villain ever.
  • edited December 2008
    that is a bad description of final fantasy 7! oh, and here is mine,
    you play as a dragon and you breath fire on letters
  • edited December 2008
    Seems like nobody knows this one, which to me seems "oh so sad", but it's Final Fantasy VII. If anyone here hasn't played that game, I STRONGLY urge them to give it a try. Quite possibly some of the best storytelling in videogames EVER.

I think the best game in terms of storytelling, for me at least, is Mother 3. It somehow actually manages to make you feel sorry for a village.
    The World Ends With You was pretty good at storytelling as well.
  • edited December 2008
    that is a bad description of final fantasy 7! oh, and here is mine,
    you play as a dragon and you breath fire on letters

No, it's not a bad description, it's a deliberately vague description. If I described it too well it would be way too obvious, like yours, which is clearly "Trogdor: Let's Burninate Phonics" which isn't even a real game... yet.
  • edited December 2008
    Oooh! Oooh! I got one:

"You knock for four hours until your knuckles become raw and bloody. That was fun!"
  • edited December 2008
    Peasent's quest?
  • edited December 2008
    Ok, here is mine.

"Alright Pox what's the mission"
  • edited December 2008
    Snicklin wrote: »
    Peasent's quest?

Ja.:)
  • edited December 2008
    Yay, I win! Where's my cookie?
  • edited December 2008
    super mario rpg: legend of the seven stars (yoshi wins the race against boshi, then he asks where is cookie is)
  • edited December 2008
    "ME AND SANDVICH GOING TO BEAT YOUR ASS!!!!"

-dr. z.
    If you were expecting people to guess what that's from, then it's definitely from Team Fortress 2.
  • edited December 2008
    you are a mustachioed man who is looking for a princess in the distant galaxy!
    this one is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy!
  • edited December 2008
    you are a mustachioed man who is looking for a princess in the distant galaxy!
    this one is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy!

I know! I know! It's Harvest Moon! I mean, Super Mario Universe! I mean, Super Mario Galaxy!
  • edited December 2008
    I know! I know! It's Harvest Moon! I mean, Super Mario Universe! I mean, Super Mario Galaxy!

harvest moon? super mario universe? super mario galaxy? make up your mind!
  • edited December 2008
    harvest moon? super mario universe? super mario galaxy? make up your mind!
    He did.
  • edited December 2008
    i know, oh! here is one!

"you go after a rampaging statue after becoming president, and the statue is of Abe Lincoln."
  • edited December 2008
    I've never even played Sam and Max, yet I still know that's from Abraham Lincoln Must Die.
  • edited December 2008
    i hate you... (though that was easy! i shouldn't have said that, i should have said a guy named hugh bliss is in the game!)
  • edited December 2008
    I've got one:

In order to defeat our enemy, one must die, and another must become it.

Never do something just because that's the way it's always been done.

When I die, I will be sent free.

Every dream must one day fade away.

PS: These are not actual quotes from the game. They are only paraphrases of concepts from the game.
  • edited December 2008
    i think one of the kingdom hearts games?!
  • edited December 2008
    i think one of the kingdom hearts games?!

Nope. F --
  • edited December 2008
    final fantasy?
  • edited January 2009
    bumper
    you have been seperated from your friends after a great journey you see a strange man then all of a sudden you lose all your memories.to gain them back you must go back to the friends you helped in your last journey.
  • edited January 2009
    I have absolutely no idea what that game is, but it sounds very intriguing. Could you PM me the answer so I could maybe check it out?
  • edited January 2009
    bumper
    you have been seperated from your friends after a great journey you see a strange man then all of a sudden you lose all your memories.to gain them back you must go back to the friends you helped in your last journey.

I might be wrong, but that sounds a lot like Kingdom Heats: Chain of Memories to me, am I right?

I've got one too.
    You wake up in the middle of the street, with no memory of what had happened before. You soon find out that you have been dead ever since you woke up, and you must survive a seven day game in order to go back to life. Now keep in mind that on your way you might encounter some noisy (hint hint) obstacles while on your way.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.