Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• [Go to Matthew]

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 3/6] (?) You chose to cut off his hand immediately. I knew that there's nothing else to do. I still r

• Well I didn't exactly expect Gregory to cut off his arm and then just leave it bleeding... xD God damn it Gregory, you could have at least used a part of your clothes as a rag! That makes no sense to have just left him bleeding... of course he died!

[Go to Matthew] though. We owe him.

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 3/6] (?) You chose to cut off his hand immediately. I knew that there's nothing else to do. I still r

• [Go to Matthew]

• [Go to Matthew]

• I just realized how dumb I am :/ Whatever, Brendon would die anyway. But still, thank you for noticing. That was very stupid.

sardines posted: »

Well I didn't exactly expect Gregory to cut off his arm and then just leave it bleeding... xD God damn it Gregory, you could have at least u

• edited July 2014

The voting is closed! Gregory will go to Matthew. I'm not sure when new chapter will be, probably in the evening.

• Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 4/6]

(?) You chose to go to Matthew.

No, I couldn't leave him like that. I turned around and tried to leave the crowd. People stood very close to each other so I had to struggle against the crowd. Finally, when I sneaked out, I looked around and saw that Matthew already left. I'm not sure but I think that he probably went to his room. I saw that no one noticed that I disappeared and ran to the south of Willowdale. Matthew lived there. The streets were clean, because everyone went to the main square to listen to Samson. I finally stopped at the housing that I needed. I entered it and went up the stairs. Second floor, the eastern room. I tried to open it, but it was locked. I knocked on the door few times.

"It's me, Gregory. Let me in, please." I said.

It was silent. I waited for a few seconds, but there was no answer and no opened door. I thought that he doesn't want to see me and turned around to leave, when I heard a creek of the opened door. I turned back to the door and saw Matthew standing behind it. He looked calm, just as always. I smiled. But his expression didn't change.

"Do you want something?" he asked. I forgot how creepy his voice is. But I got used to it.

"I want to talk to you." I said.

Matthew nodded and let me in. I looked around the room. It was very simple, but I believe that they never liked anything fancy. Brandon and Matthew lived together. I saw two beds near the opposite walls, a small drawer and a shelf. Matthew's surgical mask lied on the drawer. I wonder why he still keeps it. A shotgun, a rifle and two guns hanged on the wall. A big window was closed. He sat on a small sofa near the shelf. I sat next to him. He looked at me with a question in his eyes. But he didn't say anything. He only stared at me, waiting for the start of the conversation. I nervously looked around. I never liked to say something first.

"So, um.... about Brendon.... How are you?" I asked awkwardly. No, I didn't say anything about Brendon. I just asked him how he is. That's so stupid.

"I'm okay. Why would it bother you! Do I look like a person that's not okay?" he replied.

"No, I just want to know if Brendon's death would affect you. I knew him as a very good guy and he was my friend too, but I believe you were closer friends the we were. You're a very secretive person. Nobody knows what's on your mind. And I think that sometimes that it's very good to share your thoughts and feelings. I knew some people like you before and they never told anyone if something hurts them or not. When you hide everything inside, it won't end good for your mental health. I don't push on you, no. I just want to convince that get back in shadow like you did isn't great for you." I spoke. Matthew only frowned and looked somewhere aside. He took a glass of water and drank it. I still waited for him to answer. Finally, he turned to me.

"That was a good speech. I must say, it's awfully nice of you that you care about me. But I don't need any care. I'm much older than you. I can handle more than you do. So it'll never end bad for me. But yeah, I miss Brendon. He was a hell of a guy. We shared our personalities and it convinced me to get to know him a little bit closer. But I knew he would die one day. And I will. And you will. And we all will. He knew it too. We didn't get so attached to eachother. We lived these days together, and we promised that if one of us will die, we will continue to live. Live alone. He never wanted me to weep. Neither did I. It hurts somewhere deep inside I know it. But time heals everything. It just takes a little rest to understand it all. And after this you'll continue live just like nothing happened. Until you die. Until we all die." he answered.

"You are right. Getting attached to eachother isn't good nowadays. But I got attached to some people. And I know that time will never heal me if Tess will die. If Devyn will die. If we will all die." I said.

"You'll learn how to do it. One day." Matthew grinned. I sighed and stood up.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I should leave you here. It'll be better this way. Goodbye." I said.

"Goodbye." he replied. "Thank you." he added after few seconds of silence.

"It's nothing." I smiled. I opened the door and left the room.

(?) Matthew won't forget that.

I stepped out the housing and saw that all people already snooped around the Willowdale. It seems like Samson already said everything that he needed to say. I walked around, but I couldn't find Tess anywhere. I suddenly really wanted to talk to her. I saw my two searcher group near the gates. Few other people already worked on the fence. I approached the groups.

"Have you seen Tess?" I asked.

"Nah. I wish I could help you with something, but I couldn't." said Justin. Everyone else shrugged. I sighed.

"Did Samson say something very important? I had to leave earlier because of... some circumstances." I said.

"He mostly talked about the fence. And cleaning the camp. Nothing THAT important. Well, not for you. You'll still be the searcher." spoke Steve.

I looked behind them and noticed a small pile of rifles. They only get them out when they're about to leave for a search. Wait, but Samson said something about that. I missed something from his speech, but I remember that for sure. Do they seriously want to leave the camp without the permission? When they saw how I look at the rifles, they tried to cover them. They probably think I won't cover them. But at least I knew that I was probably right. I stared at them. They looked nervous.

"Something is wrong?" asked Ante.

"Didn't Samson say that you shouldn't leave the camp until the end of the day?" I wondered. They glanced at eachother.

"Um... Yeah, he did. But we can't just stay here doing nothing, right? We'll sneak out." said John.

"Are you out of your mind?" I argued.

"Oh, come on! If we'll find something useful, he won't mad at us, right? Are you with us? You're the searcher too!" said Steve.

I sighed. Are they trying to get me in trouble again? Jesus.

[Go with them] or [Tell Samson].

• "And I know that time will never heal me if Tess will die. If Devyn will die. If we will all die."

None of those things should happen ever ;____;

[Tell Samson] I don't like to be a snitch... but it's too dangerous! They could die!

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 4/6] (?) You chose to go to Matthew. No, I couldn't leave him like that. I turned around and tried to

• Biq' apple boat.

[Tell Samson]

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 4/6] (?) You chose to go to Matthew. No, I couldn't leave him like that. I turned around and tried to

• [Tell Samson]

• [Tell Samson] to risky

• Personally, I'd go with them if it wasn't so dangerous.

[Tell Samson]

• [Tell Samson]

• [Tell Samson.]

• Oh, shh. I forget imporant things too XD

I just realized how dumb I am Whatever, Brendon would die anyway. But still, thank you for noticing. That was very stupid.

• [Tell Samson]

• edited July 2014

The voting is closed! Gregory will tell Samson. The chapter is already finished so I'll post it now. I want to ask you one simple question - do you have any favorite quotes from my fanfic, both Season 1 and 2? If you do, post them here and I would really like to see them.

P.S. Right now I'm writing on my IPad and I accidentally misspelled Gregory's name and autocorrection turned "Gregory" to "get gory". Possible foreshadow?

• Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 5/6]

(?) You chose to tell Samson.

"Give me a second. I'll think about it." I said. They smiled and nodded.

"Don't take too long!" said John.

I turned around and walked away. I tried to think about it. Does it worth it? After what happened, I bet there's a lot of creepers who were attracted by the noises of the fight, but still didn't find the source of it. And now they wander around, looking for something. What if the searchers will find them? Or no, the creepers will find them. That's more possible. Are they enough prepared? Do they realize what are they doing? Of course, after living in such a nice place they started to be self reliant and think that can always knock a couple of heads. But you should never underestimate creepers. They're not as stupid as most people think. And this adventure they're trying to find ain't gonna be pretty. I couldn't just leave it like this. As much as I trust these guys, I care about them too. I just had to tell Samson. I'm sure he'll make the right decision.

Amongst the thoughts I realized that I already walked the path I needed. I hope that it didn't take so long, because I think I just lost the floss of time. I know this way just like the back of my hand and when I turn left from the gates I automatically go to Samson's housing. I entered it and went on the third floor by the stairs. I walked a pretty long corridor until I found the right entrance. A huge door made from red wood was right in front of it. A small note was on it: "SAMSON'S CABINET". That's not needed. I think that everyone already know where is the main place of our camp. But I still couldn't throw away the thoughts that one day someone else will sit there... Whatever, I'm not here for that, right? I just have to walk away, tell everything I need and that's all. I slowly approached the door and knocked on it three times.

"Come in!" said Samson from his room.

I pushed the door handle and opened the door. I didn't visit this place very often, but everyone knew how this room looks like. I remembered the first time when I was here, after that storm. And nothing really changed. Shotgun on the wall, a desk, a big window. And happy Samson sitting in the center of the room. It feels like this man lives apart the floss of time. He never changes. His environment never changes. We know that he's as same as we are, but everyone jokes that he's a cyborg or something. Sometimes I find it funny, sometimes not. I just wish I could be closer to him. Know something more about him. There are no people that are very close to him actually. I know that Group B of searchers are his friends, but even they know only a little bit about Samson. Sometimes he's like a shadow. A unique man. I never knew someone like him.

"So, you're here for a reason. Is there something you wanna tell me about?" he smiled. I nervously looked around.

"Group A and Group B.... are trying to walk away the camp. Do their job as a searcher. I know that you don't let anyone leave Willowdale till the end of the day. Perhaps you can find find a compromise or something?" I spoke. Samson shook his hand.

"Well, that's not a good idea. I'll try to hear them out and convince them to not to do it. Maybe we'll find a compromise indeed." he said.

He walked out his desk and left the room. I followed him. We walked through the street right to the gates. I walked right next to him. We didn't say a single word while we were approaching the gates. I felt kinda awkward. But he reliantly walked forward. I didn't know what the guys will say when they'll see that I brought Samson there. We walked out of the corner of the nearest building and saw the searchers. They turned to us.

"So, Gregory, do you- wait, what?" said Steve. Everyone looked at us and noticed that Samson was with me.

"Gentlemen. Somebody told me that you're planning to leave this place now and don't pay attention to the safety measures." he spoke.

"What are you even doing here? Greg, did you bring him here?" asked Duke.

"I'm sorry, I had no other choice!" I replied. I was kinda ashamed, but at the same I knew I did the right thing. They must understand that I care about them.

(?) They will remember that.

"I'm not going to punish you or something. I just want to talk with you. Do you understand what kind of danger you out yourself into? Didn't the last event made you careful? I understand that you're younger and more self reliant than I am. But these days you better watch your back." Samson spoke. The guys glanced to eachother. "Were you planning to go in groups or all together?"

"In groups. We wants to cover the group that left and then they'll cover us." quietly said Mike. Samson sighed.

"Perhaps we could do something with this. If you would go together and bring more weapons, this might work. I don't want to make you prisoners. And I think the rules I set will be nice for you. And remember this is only your responsibility. I'll let you learn by your mistakes. Just make sure these mistakes won't cost someone their lives." he spoke.

"We're not sitting in the ground like babies, we know what we're doing." murmured Duke.

"I don't doubt that. I know what decision I make. And I know that I won't regret it." smiled Samson.

We nodded and took all the weapons we had. I looked at the others but they didn't say anything yet. They only murmured to eachother something about Samson, but it was probably something good. We packed up quickly and left the camp. There was quite a lot of us - eight people. I guess our crew will handle all this okay. Soon the reliance was in the air and everyone warmed up a little bit. I'm not sure how they feel about me telling everything to Samson. They didn't say anything. It was probably for the best. They are one of the most gentle people I know.

Soon we got pretty far from the Willowdale. There was a lot if creepers indeed. But we managed to sneak past them and we did it. Wasting our ammunition was very bad. We proceeded some animals from the traps, but there weren't many of them. Most of the animals were chewed by hungry creepers. We even caught one of them during his lunch, but we finished him with my knife. Mike grabbed the half eaten corpse of a rabbit.

"Goddamnit. That's the fifth one already. Creepers aren't so dangerous for us here, but they sure as hell revenged us by eating our precious food." he said.

"Well, at least we have something left. We grow veggies, remember? We won't die from hunger." replied Travis. "Probably."

"Can you hear it too?" suddenly asked Steve.

We all understood what he was talking about. A quiet noise came somewhere from the north. Something hissed. But we didn't realize what. It wasn't a creeper for sure, so we decided to go and check it. We walked forward and forward until we stopped by the Ipswich River. It was the source of the noise. Today the river was quite stormy and nervous. It flowed fast, hissing and throwing away the water drops on the nearby ground. Even waves desperately and strongly ran on the surface of the river. I knew that Ipswich was deep. We had to get to the other side of it, but now it was harder than we thought it really is.

"What do we do?" asked John.

"I have no idea." said Justin

"And I do! We can build a small wooden board to get over the water. Thee branches of trees look legit." share his thought Travis.

"How the hell are you going to get them? They start to grow too high. Does anyone can clime the naked tree without any possibility to grab something and hold on it?" asked Mike.

"I knew how to do it before, but right now... I'm not sure if I can." said Duke. Mike sighed.

"We can shoot them so they'll fall down! I know, it will attract creepers. But someone can cover us." Travis still held his ground.

"Seriously? No, seriously?" Mike looked at him skeptically.

"That definitely sucks, but that's out only opportunity. What else can we do? Kill creepers and make a road out of them or do another stupid thing? Do you even have your own ideas?" asked Justin.

"No, but that doesn't mean we can't think of something else. We can.... Well.... Fuck." murmured Mike.

"What do you think, Gregory?" asked Travis.

[You're right. We have no other ideas and we shouldn't waste our time.] or [That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard. We're running out of time, but maybe there's something else we can think of?]

• Well.

[That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard. We're running out of time, but maybe there's something else we can think of?]

Just like a pair of glasses.

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 5/6] (?) You chose to tell Samson. "Give me a second. I'll think about it." I said. They smiled and n

• [That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard. We're running out if time, but maybe there's something else we can think of.]

Why do we have to cross the river?

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 5/6] (?) You chose to tell Samson. "Give me a second. I'll think about it." I said. They smiled and n

• [That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard. We're running out of time, but maybe there's something else we can think of?]

• [That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard. We're running out of time, but maybe there's something else we can think of?]

• It will be explained in the next chapter.

TWD_25 posted: »

[That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard. We're running out if time, but maybe there's something else we can think of.] Why do we have to cross the river?

• Oh no, somebody disliked my chapter! D:

• You got your own hater :D That means you're famous as some point.

I didn't vote yet, because I didn't have time to read. I'll do it in a while.

Oh no, somebody disliked my chapter!

• [That's the stupidest plan ever.]

We're not sitting in the ground like babies

I see what you did there

DDDD2003 posted: »

[That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard. We're running out of time, but maybe there's something else we can think of?]

• The voting is closed. Gregory will disagree with Travis. The episode finale will be soon!

• edited July 2014

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 6/6]

(?) You chose to disagree with Travis.

"That's the stupidest plan I've ever heard. We're running out of time, but maybe there's something else we can think of?" I said.

(?) Travis will remember that.

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Of course, if we will find out that nothing else is possible, then we'll follow Travis. But now we must take our chances and think about another plan." agreed Mike.

"Why do we even have to cross it?" asked John.

"Did you forget about that berries and mushrooms on the other side of Ipswich? That's how we got these seeds to grow. Well, at least the berries. I'm pretty sure that Duke brought the vegetable seeds." I said.

A little moment of silence came while everyone thought what to do. I heard the creepers lurking around the park. I hope they won't come too close. The river noise can draw them here. We must think about how to cross Ipswich. I looked around. There has to be something. Building an improvised ship from branches actually makes sense, but getting them down with guns like Travis said will be just a waste of bullets. But what if it will work? We don't have to climb there. We're all enough tall. We can help one of us by lifting someone up there. But perhaps it's stupid indeed. What else can we do? Only cross it by swimming. I opened my mouth, almost offering to do it, but I quickly realized that it's even worse then Travis' idea and didn't say anything. Finally, Duke said something.

"The ship idea was good. What if we just get only 2-4 branches from up there, them tie and cover them with our shirts? I've done this before. In my TV show." he told.

"It's only April. We'll freeze ourselves without our shirts." said Justin.

"Don't be such a pansy, we won't die from cold if we'll get our torsos naked for a short time. Surviving needs sacrificing. And not all people should do it. I think that three or four of us will be enough to carry everything we need from the other side. I already agree to go." replied Duke.

Mike and Ante were the first ones to join him in his journey to the other side of the river. I thought about this. Well, it sounds legit. Nothing that hard. Justin just underrated himself. Maybe I should help them too? I highly doubt it will end up not so easy. Just make, float, grab, carry, get back. Very simple. I slowly raised my hand in the sky showing that I'm ready to be the part of his plan. But once Duke looked at me, he made a sign that let me know that I won't help them. I was confused.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You'll be more useful here. These rifles are a long shot, you can easily scan the place we'll visit. We need someone to cover us in case of something, because my rifle has only three bullets. And I don't think Mike and Ante are so rich right now. A huge amount of creepers still wander around the woods. The river stopped most of them from the deep forest so there's gonna be quite a lot of them. Hopefully we won't get in trouble.." he said.

A huge branch lying on the ground made its work. It was pretty heavy, so Justin and Steve held it together. We a big strength they threw in the air right on the treetop of the nearest pine. We heard a loud creek and one of the branches of the tree crashed down. I looked around and saw creepers that weren't so far from us. I could even hear their moans. Man, I hope the sounds of our work won't tell them that we are here. Steve and Justin used the same way to get a few more. Two creepers sneaked to them, but John quickly took them down with his knife. Everything goes fine by now. I hope it will keep going the same. Everyone who agreed to go to the other side of the river took branches and started to tie them up with their shirts which they already removed from they body. It took only a few minutes, so we avoided all the attacks, even though one more creeper got interested in us, but he soon regretted his decision while lying with an open wound on his rotten head. Mike and Ante put their wooden boat on the surface of the water. They packed up their weapons and were ready to go.

"I hope you know what you're doing!" I said to them.

"Trust me. This is going to work. I wouldn't do something unnecessary." whispered Duke.

"Well, I count on you, our master survivor." chuckled Travis. Duke glared at him. Mike sighed.

We all held our rifles firmly. It will work. It has to work.

But once they were ready to float away, we heard a shot. We all stood still waiting for something. What was that? Then, another shot came. And another. It clearly wasn't anyone from our camp. Who is it then? I saw quite a few shadows not so far, but it was hard to tell the difference between a creeper and a human. I sat on the ground and used my riflescope to see better. Now I recognized four people fighting with a few monsters. They probably weren't armed so good. I successfully shot one of the creepers right in the head, but the man was very near him so I almost got him too. Suddenly, a man turned to us and took out his gun, trying to shoot us back. Two bullets got into trees and one flew right next my hand. I raised up my hands and dropped my rifle down.

"Stop the shooting! We don't want to harm you! We just tried to kill these creepers!" I yelled.

But they either didn't hear me or just didn't pay any attention to it. My body was opened for the billets, but thank God they only had pistols that weren't that effective and strong. No one of us was hurt. When it became quiet, I took a sneak peek out of the tree. I heard some swears and snaps and I realized that they wasted all they bullets. Right after that people just ran. But we didn't want these assholes to get away with it. Me and the rest of the crew followed them. Whoever they are, they were tired but saucy and we quickly reached them. They couldn't get away too far. We encircled them and they gave up, raising up their hands.

"Okay, we admit it. You caught us. We knew it would happen. Do whatever Peter will say. Kill us or just make us filthy prisoners..." the man spoke. We confusedly glanced at eachother.

"What the hell are you talking about? Why did you shoot?" I asked.

"So, you're not Peter's people?" they looked at us, being as confused as we are.

"No, we're not. Who is Peter?" wondered Travis.

"Please, help us! We just escaped from one place. We need help. Just a little bit of food, not more. We'll tell you everything." the woman spoke. "I'm Gina, that's my husband Anthony and our friends Ophelia and Jacob.

I tried to examine them a little bit. They looked tired, just like they passes a long way without any rest. Gina had dark brown eyes and brown hair in braid and she was quite tall and pale. She wore ragged jeans ans gray hoodie. Her husband had long blond hair, blue eyes and tattoos on his hands. Anthony wore jeans and dark blue shirt. Ophelia is tall woman with blonde hair and brown eyes. She had glasses, shorts and purple sweater on her. And finally, Jacob looked like a quite tall and young man with short brown hair and brown eyes. He wore glasses and didn't look like an athlete. I noticed a camera in his hands.

"So, you escaped from somewhere. What is this place?" Mike asked.

"Bradley Palmer State Park." Anthony said.

[YOUR CHOICES]

Anxiety - You went to wake everyone up.

Riskiness - You cut off Brendon's hand immediately.

Compassion - You went to talk with Matthew.

Disobedience - You told Samson's about your friends' plan.

Dependence - You disagreed with Travis.

• NEXT TIME ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD

We never knew there was someone else close to us. No, not someone else - a whole community! I looked at the window and saw people who were packing up their stuff. They're lucky. They will go out there. They will meet this people. An I'll just rot here. My goddamn leg! How many days already passed? It should've been healed already. But it wasn't. I sighed. I'm gonna miss everything.

"Don't be so sad! I highly doubt they'll find something exciting there." smiled Eren.

"He's probably telling the truth. No need to be too hyped and sad." nodded Devyn. I only sighed.

"I understand that you care about me. You love me. And I love you too. But it doesn't mean I should be sheltered by you! I'm not a damsel in distress, Gregory. I can handle it easily. There's no need to protect me all the time." Tess spoke.

"But we don't know what to expect. Gina and Anthony didn't speak about them as a good people. I just... don't want anything to happen to you." I said.

Tess smiled and approached me. I felt her lips on mine and I calmed down a bit. This beast knew my weakness and already used a lot of times on me. I didn't know how to say "no" to her. A fair man and a lovely boyfriend fought inside of me, not letting me to make a decision. I helplessly looked at Tess while she still smiled.

"Neither do I." she said.

I crawled through the crowd, trying to see anything. Something is going on, and I don't know what exactly. Finally, after a minute of struggling against people's scared looks and murmurs, I stood in the front line. Samson turned his face to the gates, looking right at the man standing behind them. I noticed few cars and people with bats with him. It was a mature man with medium long brown messy hair, stubble, blue eyes, grey military shirt with folded sleeves, navy jeans and brown boots. He had a sarcastic look on his face. Once he opened his mouth to say something, everyone became silent and worryingly listened to him.

"Good morning, gentlemen. My name is Peter." he grinned.

EPISODE 3 - FRIENDS OR FOES

• This is going to be fun.

cracks knuckles

NEXT TIME ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD We never knew there was someone else close to us. No, not someone else - a whole community! I looked at th

• Sure as hell it is. But there will be more fun in Episode 4.

This is going to be fun. cracks knuckles

• I'll have to read it all, I've been in Spain all day.

Sure as hell it is. But there will be more fun in Episode 4.

• Alright, I'm in a coffe house right now and I got back from Moscow Cremlin. I spent there SIX GODDAMN HOURS! I can't feel my legs! D:

But I still can feel my hands, so Episode 3 will hopefully start soon. Sooner than you think.

• Just around the corner.

Alright, I'm in a coffe house right now and I got back from Moscow Cremlin. I spent there SIX GODDAMN HOURS! I can't feel my legs! But I still can feel my hands, so Episode 3 will hopefully start soon. Sooner than you think.

• Wow, it's gonna be FUN. I wasn't on community too much yesterday.

Btw, tomorrow. I'll write new chapter tomorrow. Not today. Sorreh. XD

• Take your time, brah. I'm very excited for new chapter from you :)

Crips posted: »

Wow, it's gonna be FUN. I wasn't on community too much yesterday. Btw, tomorrow. I'll write new chapter tomorrow. Not today. Sorreh. XD

• Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 1/6]

I stood in the room that I already knew as much as everyone did. All seven guys who were with me stood right here. Mike was alone, just examining the room and looking around. He was definitely bored, even though I can't understand how can you be bored in a situation like this. Justin whispered something to John and Ante. They probably discussed the latest events. Duke argued with Travis. Just as always. Steve was just talking to himself. I wonder what about. I've seen him doing it for plenty for times. I never understood how can you talk to yourself. It just doesn't work for me. I just stared at people who sat on the chairs right in front of Samson. When he started to talk, everyone calmed down and listened to him carefully. Even Mike focused on him.

"Would you kindly introduce and tell at least something about yourselves?" he asked.

"I'm Anthony and I'm 25. I was a musician before the apocalypse. I travel with my wife, Gina." he pointed at her. "We ended up in Peter's community, in Bradley Palmer State Park. It's on the south, not far from your camp. Willowdale, right?" he spoke. Samson nodded.

"I'm Gina, I'm 23. As Anthony said, I'm his wife. I was a nurse, so I might be useful for you if you'll let us stay. Our stories aren't that different, so my husband already told everything." Gina said.

"My name is Jacob, I'm 22. I used to travel alone before I joined Peter, just like everyone else in here. I used to study as a film maker so I still have this camera with me. I just record things I see. I believe that when it will all end, my videos would make a good documentary!" Jacob said with excitement.

"I'm Ophelia, and I'm slightly older than everyone in here - 28 years old. I lived my father before and I was a Maths teacher. Nothing that special. My biography is not rich for amazing events." told Ophelia.

"That's good. Now I know you a little. But I wanted to point something out. You told me about somebody named Peter and his community. We've never thought that there could be another community near us and for me it sounds like a miracle. But you escaped from thee and people don't escape for nothing. You had your reasons for if. Would you kindly tell me about them so I can get a new point of view? If it's not personal, of course. I respect your refuse." Samson said.

"Peter was a man who liked to keep EVERYTHING under control. You know, like a Big Brother in the apocalypse. It choked us. It was hard to make a move without him knowing it. We're people who can't live like this. Peter was very ambitious, hardened and strong willed man, so he won't stop by anything. And somehow, we found a way to escape. I can't even imagine how much he's pissed off right now. But we're safe for now, at least. We had to reach you by feet and our way wasn't so short. We're awfully tired. You owe us nothing, just let us rest here for a bit and perhaps give us some food and you'll never see us again." said Gina.

"Don't underestimate yourself. We meet new survivors with open arms. It's our duty to reborn the civilization and we do it as hard as we can. If you'll make a deposit in this bank of hope, we'll be very happy. And in the exchange we'll keep you safe and let you live like normal people. I don't know much about Peter's community, but I'm sure I will. I'm gonna think about visiting them or even make a deal, but let's talk about it later, when we'll be ready for it. Right now, I appreciate that you shared some information with us. If your health bothers you, you can go in our improvised hospital and check yourselves there. If you don't, then Group A will kindly show you the way to the free rooms in the housings. Enjoy your stay. I believe that everyone in camp will meet you with as good people, if you wouldn't do something inappropriate." spoke Samson.

Mike, Duke and Travis warmed up a little bit and offered people to lead them to the place where they can stay. I saw a strange sparkle in Duke's eyes when he looked at Ophelia, but once he turned to me, his grumpy face came back. I smiled. This guy's face rarely change. I stood up to go with them, but Samson asked me to stay her. I was kinda confused, but I listened to him and didn't move from my place. I wonder why he kept me here. He never did it before. I looked at him. Samson stood up and walked to the window. I could barely see that my buddies led these people to one of the housings. Samson grinned. He didn't turn around to us, but he started to speak.

"I always thought that there are more communities out there. But I could never imagine that someone is so close to us. I believe you thought the same. I know that this group didn't characterize Peter as such a good man, but none of us are perfect. It's true. It's a tough world out there without important contacts. If they were able to control the camp members like this, they won't be so stupid to refuse our help or our deal. At least we can just get to know them. They might be useful. We might be useful. We can just send a small group out there. We have few cars, so the road won't be a problem. It may radically change the situation, bit we must catch that chance. The final choice is mine, of course, but your advices would be good here." spoke Samson as he finally turned to us. We glanced at eachother.

"Sounds like a good idea. Why not? As you said, we must catch very chance. Especially in a middle of a goddamn apocalypse. I'm in." smiled Justin.

"Cool your jets here, Rambo. Nobody said it isn't risky. We've not been through a lot of shit and this guys can get disharmony in our group. I don't want to get to know Peter. He doesn't sound like a good man." disagreed Steve.

"C'mon, don't be such a grump. World has gone to shit already, but it doesn't mean that everyone we meet are assholes. Yes, he might a powerful leader. A little bit too powerful. But I bet he won't refuse our deal or our help, just like Samson said. I'm with Justin. He's right." added John.

"And what do you think, Gregory?" asked Samson.

[We must give it a try. It's a whole community, we'll just loose our chances!] or [This is too risky. Do what you want, but I won't appreciate that.]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.